Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Wales tonight 15:26 - Oct 8 with 8061 viewsjohncharles

WHY ?

Strong and stable my arse.

England v Wales tonight on 15:34 - Oct 8 with 5115 viewsTheChef

Why not?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

England v Wales tonight on 15:37 - Oct 8 with 5099 viewsdaveB

It does seem a bit pointless, friendlies all over Europe this week then 2 Nations League games. Really should have sacked these off and just done the playoffs for the Euros
England v Wales tonight (n/t) on 15:48 - Oct 8 with 5069 viewsNov77

[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 15:48]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

England v Wales tonight on 16:48 - Oct 8 with 4936 viewsjohncharles

England v Wales tonight on 15:34 - Oct 8 by TheChef

Why not?

Because both have Nations League matches in the next week. These friendlies can generate much needs revenue (for Wales) but there be any punters there. I suppose its an oppportunity for injuries

England v Wales tonight (n/t) on 18:28 - Oct 8 with 4837 viewsjohncharles

England v Wales tonight (n/t) on 15:48 - Oct 8 by Nov77

[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 15:48]

I’ll be watching Scotland v Israel down the pub
Lyndon Dykes to get the winner 👍
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 18:57]

England v Wales tonight on 19:14 - Oct 8 with 4760 viewsNordicR

Wasn't Nations League supposed to replace friendlies?
England v Wales tonight on 20:42 - Oct 8 with 4569 viewsqpr_1968

good cross from grealish, well taken header by calvert-lewin to score.

on the half hour the game was stopped for a few minutes, was it for a water break, was it for that welsh player on the halfway line supposed injured, or was game stopped for him to put his boot on.if it was for the latter, interrupted a good, possibly dangerous move for the welsh.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

England v Wales tonight on 20:59 - Oct 8 with 4523 viewstraininvain

Wouldn’t be surprised to see more of Grealish and Calvert Lewis linking up for England.

Grealish looks a decent player but Eze was still the best player on the pitch when we’ve played Villa recently.
Login to get fewer ads

England v Wales tonight on 21:07 - Oct 8 with 4481 viewsdistortR

England v Wales tonight on 20:59 - Oct 8 by traininvain

Wouldn’t be surprised to see more of Grealish and Calvert Lewis linking up for England.

Grealish looks a decent player but Eze was still the best player on the pitch when we’ve played Villa recently.

phillips and winks in midfield is very underwhelming.

i don't see anything in winks
England v Wales tonight on 21:19 - Oct 8 with 4460 viewsfrancisbowles

As the domestic season has been squeezed, they should have cancelled the Euros all together, and cancelled all European competitions and International matches this season.

Having these players travelling abroad is ridiculous in the current situation. Do they have to self isolate for 14 days if they come back from a country on the list, like Spain or France?
England v Wales tonight on 22:10 - Oct 8 with 4376 viewsbosh67

Grealish and Calvert-Lewin different class.

Best thing about the night was the completely tone deaf England squad belting out the National Anthem about as off key as I've ever heard it. Can't believe that isn't trending?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England v Wales tonight on 22:23 - Oct 8 with 4329 viewsDavieQPR

Pointless as England B team played but it was for the TV money.
England v Wales tonight on 22:29 - Oct 8 with 4313 viewsted_hendrix

Saturation football.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

England v Wales tonight on 23:08 - Oct 8 with 4262 viewsLblock

First half pretty drab

Second half a good run out for our reserves I thought
Grealish got to practice his platoon dives on a regular basis and Trips showed he’s still good. Liked Coady’s attitude

Overall it cheapened the full cap but such is modern day football

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

England v Wales tonight on 23:43 - Oct 8 with 4210 viewsfrancisbowles

Just found out they are playing three games in this international break. just as well we got Bonn and that he pulled out of Zimbabwe squad.
England v Wales tonight on 09:57 - Oct 9 with 3948 viewsMyke

Both Grealish and Rice should be embarrassed to wear the England shirt. Why are they playing for England? Not for any affinity to the badge, not for the prestige of representing your country, not for the possibility of wining trophies, seeing as England currently lead Ireland by one world cup (over 50 years ago) to nil and England haven't won a competitive match against us since 1980. So, as usual, I guess the motivating factor must be money. One would have thought they earned enough at Aston Villa and West Ham.
For many years, Ireland's 'granny rule' has been the source of much ridicule. Now, there are 2 players who have pulled on the Ireland shirt since they were able to run, playing for England. Not quite sure what the inverse definition of granny rule is - baby rule perhaps? - but whatever it is, these two 'gentlemen'' are the personification of it.
England v Wales tonight on 10:07 - Oct 9 with 3939 viewsWatford_Ranger

England v Wales tonight on 09:57 - Oct 9 by Myke

Both Grealish and Rice should be embarrassed to wear the England shirt. Why are they playing for England? Not for any affinity to the badge, not for the prestige of representing your country, not for the possibility of wining trophies, seeing as England currently lead Ireland by one world cup (over 50 years ago) to nil and England haven't won a competitive match against us since 1980. So, as usual, I guess the motivating factor must be money. One would have thought they earned enough at Aston Villa and West Ham.
For many years, Ireland's 'granny rule' has been the source of much ridicule. Now, there are 2 players who have pulled on the Ireland shirt since they were able to run, playing for England. Not quite sure what the inverse definition of granny rule is - baby rule perhaps? - but whatever it is, these two 'gentlemen'' are the personification of it.

Both were born in England.

You can have a connection with multiple countries.

Who really cares?
England v Wales tonight on 10:09 - Oct 9 with 3937 viewsPaddyhoops

England v Wales tonight on 22:10 - Oct 8 by bosh67

Grealish and Calvert-Lewin different class.

Best thing about the night was the completely tone deaf England squad belting out the National Anthem about as off key as I've ever heard it. Can't believe that isn't trending?

In fairness Grealish had been humming the Irish one for years!!
Just been a bit mischievous there.
He's a class player and a s**t Joey Essex!!
England v Wales tonight on 10:45 - Oct 9 with 3885 viewsdaveB

Well they are both English so have some affinity to the badge
England v Wales tonight on 12:45 - Oct 9 with 3802 viewsmakaveli1882

What like the sh1tcaant James McClean who played for Northern Ireland u21s but is now the King of Ireland.

Similar to Grealish who never played for senior team and declined the invitation to play for them.

The main difference is both Grealish and Rice are English.

The Irish national team has been a farce for years half the players had never been to before playing for them, Tony Cascarino Clinton Morrison pahahaha.

Since 1930 Ireland have played in only 3 World Cups, in the two world cups that both teams participated in England went further in both.... the other was 1994.

We do have one winners medal that is next to our Rugby and Cricket ones.
England v Wales tonight on 13:04 - Oct 9 with 3770 viewsFrankRightguard

Grealish from Birmingham and Rice from Kingston upon Thames you mean? Have a day off.
England v Wales tonight on 14:59 - Oct 9 with 3698 viewsPaddyhoops

England v Wales tonight on 12:45 - Oct 9 by makaveli1882

What like the sh1tcaant James McClean who played for Northern Ireland u21s but is now the King of Ireland.

Similar to Grealish who never played for senior team and declined the invitation to play for them.

The main difference is both Grealish and Rice are English.

The Irish national team has been a farce for years half the players had never been to before playing for them, Tony Cascarino Clinton Morrison pahahaha.

Since 1930 Ireland have played in only 3 World Cups, in the two world cups that both teams participated in England went further in both.... the other was 1994.

We do have one winners medal that is next to our Rugby and Cricket ones.

Some fair points there. However , McLean maybe be loved by a certain sections in Ireland but he's generally regarded as a bit of tit!
As for the the "we've won more than you" argument..really I think every one should have a word with themselves.
Irelands aim should to be qualify, England should be looking to win it.
If they can't achieve that, they should be disappointed!
England v Wales tonight on 15:53 - Oct 9 with 3656 viewsLblock

There's not many of us brave enough to want to be identified as English these days.

I'll just hum "two world wars and one world cup" as I lob stubbie bottles of lager and plastic outdoor chairs at you........

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

England v Wales tonight on 16:56 - Oct 9 with 3626 viewsPaddyhoops

England v Wales tonight on 15:53 - Oct 9 by Lblock

There's not many of us brave enough to want to be identified as English these days.

I'll just hum "two world wars and one world cup" as I lob stubbie bottles of lager and plastic outdoor chairs at you........

I think you did that years ago in the old lansdowne Road. The game was abandoned due to severe crowd violence!!
England v Wales tonight on 17:08 - Oct 9 with 3604 viewspaulparker

Listen the FAI have had 30 plus years to get things in order re bringing them game forward instead they have ran Irish football like a Sunday league , Roy Keane has had it right for years about them
I don’t blame Rice or Grealish they feel more English so that’s their right, my daughter is half Irish and half English , if she was lucky enough to have the choice In the sport she plays then she should go and play with a team that she identifies with and who will offer her the best facilities
The people of Ireland mainly care about premier league football and that’s it
It’s more Rugby and GAA , I was in Ireland last year when they had an important qualifier, win that and they were through, there were 2 people in the pub watching it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024