Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last album bought 13:51 - Oct 12 with 2176 viewsderbyhoop

Bearing in mind that the eighties album thread refers to music that was recorded/released more than 30 years ago, I thought I'd try to bring things up to date.
Not treading on Mr McCarthy's toes, I hope.
What was the last album that you bought (or downloaded as per modern trends)?
When was it released?

I've just downloaded Rina Sawayama which was released earlier this year
Previously Fontaines DC - A Hero's Death.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Last album bought on 14:10 - Oct 12 with 1697 viewswestberksr

have just pre-ordered Horse Meat Disco's (group of gay DJs in South London) new album, Love And Dancing and Mike Dunn's (American House DJ & producer) new album (both vinyl)

... find more like these on the Frankie thread

or don't!
Last album bought on 14:42 - Oct 12 with 1669 viewsOutWestR

Wamano A to Z volume 1: Japanese jazz funk and rare groove 1968 to 1980.

Quite niche I guess.
Last album bought on 14:48 - Oct 12 with 1666 viewscollegeranger

The Psychedelic Furs - Made of Rain - Released 2 weeks ago - first new album in 29 years !!!
Last album bought on 15:21 - Oct 12 with 1634 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Van Halen: Greatest Hits (2015) (MP3)

High Tide 'Sea Shanties' (Re-mastered CD)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Last album bought on 15:28 - Oct 12 with 1626 viewsqpr_1968

imploding the mirage........killers

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Last album bought on 15:34 - Oct 12 with 1617 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fleet Foxes 'Shore'.
Haven't listened to it yet.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Last album bought on 15:46 - Oct 12 with 1601 viewsToast_R

Miss Universe - Nulifer Yanya

An absolute masterpiece.
Last album bought on 15:48 - Oct 12 with 1598 viewsmarkrtid

Working Men's Club

Login to get fewer ads

Last album bought on 16:00 - Oct 12 with 1578 viewsJuzzie

Jeez, can't remember the last album I actually paid for, probably 20-30 years ago.

Working for the biggest record company in the world means I get access to a massive catalogue plus we get Apple Music for free on a rolling annual basis.

The SD card in my car has over 7,000 songs on it alone!
Last album bought on 16:15 - Oct 12 with 1555 viewsqprxtc

Clockdust - Rustin Man (2020)
Routine Investigations - Morton Feldman (1976)
Last album bought on 16:31 - Oct 12 with 1536 viewsMaggsinho

Khruangbin - Mordechai
Last album bought on 16:40 - Oct 12 with 1526 viewsBklynRanger

Last album bought on 15:34 - Oct 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Fleet Foxes 'Shore'.
Haven't listened to it yet.

Didn't even know they had a new one out! Will get on that though, thanks. Was a bit disappointed by their last one tbh - big fan of all the other stuff.

Joshua Burnside, 'Into the Depths of Hell' was my last one a couple of weeks ago, on CD in fact.
Last album bought on 16:57 - Oct 12 with 1506 viewstoboboly

Blossoms In Isolation/Live From The Plaza Theatre, Stockport

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Last album bought on 17:03 - Oct 12 with 1501 viewsthompsonridd

Billy Ocean's new album One World on vinyl
Last album bought on 17:28 - Oct 12 with 1474 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Last album bought on 16:40 - Oct 12 by BklynRanger

Didn't even know they had a new one out! Will get on that though, thanks. Was a bit disappointed by their last one tbh - big fan of all the other stuff.

Joshua Burnside, 'Into the Depths of Hell' was my last one a couple of weeks ago, on CD in fact.

Same as that. Thought the last one was a dip in form. This one is highly rated, though. So hopefully...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Last album bought on 18:00 - Oct 12 with 1453 viewsR_from_afar

Last Saturday, I picked up a CD copy of my all time favourite electronic album, "Force Majeure" by Tangerine Dream, from 101 Collectors Records in Farnham. An immense album, really gutsy thanks the presence of a human drummer not a drum machine and quite a lot of electric guitar.

Such varied dynamics, especially on this track:

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Last album bought on 19:00 - Oct 12 with 1421 viewsMonahoop

Ian Dury and the Blockheads live at Rockpalast 1978. Ian and the boys in full swing. Double vinyl album bought at a record fair in Dundalk the week before lockdown unleashed its ugly self upon us all.
Features a rarity, Ian's first ever penned piece I Made Mary Cry from his early days with Kilburn and the High Roads.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Last album bought on 19:23 - Oct 12 with 1401 viewsEsox_Lucius

Breathe by Faith Hill. 25p in a charity shop and still in the original cellophane protective covering.

The grass is always greener.

Last album bought on 19:39 - Oct 12 with 1380 viewsNorthantsHoop

A slight case of overbombing - Sisters of Mercy
Last album bought on 19:41 - Oct 12 with 1369 viewsderbyhoop

Last album bought on 16:15 - Oct 12 by qprxtc

Clockdust - Rustin Man (2020)
Routine Investigations - Morton Feldman (1976)

If that's your last 2 that's one hell of a gap.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Last album bought on 22:32 - Oct 12 with 1304 viewsdistortR

ultimate success today - protomartyr

Last album bought on 22:38 - Oct 12 with 1301 viewsmarkrtid

Last album bought on 22:32 - Oct 12 by distortR

ultimate success today - protomartyr

Welome to the 80s!
Don't make any plans for Wembley. It doesn't turn out too well.
Last album bought on 22:49 - Oct 12 with 1297 viewsstowmarketrange

Paloma Faith’s new album so I could get tickets to see her at the Ipswich Regent next year.
Last album bought on 04:32 - Oct 13 with 1259 viewslarsricchi

Rodrigo y Gabriela - Mettavolution Live

Ordered the vinyl on the most recent Bandcamp Friday (the day it was released); it arrived over the weekend

They are so good live. Last show I went to before the pandemic was an RyG show in November on this very tour. I shot the video below.

Last album bought on 12:05 - Oct 14 with 1145 viewsJuzzie

Didn't really want to start a new thread so just thought I'd put this here. There's a CD coming out at the end of the month called Happy Place featuring the likes of Emelie Sande, Ludovico Einaudi, Rhys Lewis etc and reading the sleeve notes kind of made me laugh in a manical kind of way.

"Mental health and music have always been linked, it might not be immediately recognisable but music has the potency and power to help us work through difficult emotions, understand ourselves a little better and release unlocked feelings that have been surpressed".

All this is true.... unless you work for a record company which is extremely stressful and this year (and I don't think it's even C19 linked) has been one of the worst I've encountered in three decades and my nerves are absolutely shot to pieces.
I don't even want to listen to the albums that I've worked on that all have positives titles such as "Some kind of peace", "I Owe It All To You", "Believe", "Keep Smiling Through" and so on.

And breathe......

[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 12:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024