Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Amos 16:40 - Oct 18 with 12097 viewsPhildo

Sean Gallagher reporting his knee injury looks bad - poor kid
Luke Amos on 17:00 - Oct 18 with 5376 viewsrsonist

Luke Amos on 17:01 - Oct 18 with 5364 viewsflynnbo

That's awful news for the lad if confirmed. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.
Luke Amos on 17:06 - Oct 18 with 5334 viewsRangersw12

I thought Warburton said it wasn't too bad!
Luke Amos on 17:11 - Oct 18 with 5280 viewsdistortR

Luke Amos on 17:01 - Oct 18 by flynnbo

That's awful news for the lad if confirmed. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

yeah, good luck Luke
Luke Amos on 17:22 - Oct 18 with 5207 viewsDavieQPR

No. Sean Gallagher reporting Amos will have a scan Tuesday to assess damage. Someone called Si answered it looked bad.
Luke Amos on 17:42 - Oct 18 with 5058 viewsLblock

Huge critic of the fella, I don’t rate him but he did a job yesterday and did it very well

I wouldn’t wish injury on him at all, not least this.
Really hope this is just Twitter steam but it did look a bit ACL at the time

Fingers crossed for him

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Luke Amos on 17:55 - Oct 18 with 4963 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not helpful at all from Gallagher. He hasn't even had his scan yet.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luke Amos on 18:04 - Oct 18 with 4892 viewsted_hendrix

Luke Amos on 17:55 - Oct 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Fingers crossed for the bloke.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Amos on 18:05 - Oct 18 with 4889 viewsdavman

Luke Amos on 17:55 - Oct 18 by BrianMcCarthy

He's just reporting what he has heard, no more, no less. Not sure that's "poor form" to be fair.

Hope he is wrong as saw quite a lot to like in Amos yesterday...

At least we now have decent cover unlike in and around that defence. Good yesterday, but two injuries / suspensions from looking threadbare at the back...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Luke Amos on 18:49 - Oct 18 with 4683 viewsqueensparker

Tragic timing for him - for 60 minutes yesterday he was playing like he'd finally put all that behind him and we all saw the player that all the Spurs fans and Warbs were going on about.

Good luck Luke - looked like a bad one at the time. One silver lining is that it's the other knee, so not a repeat of the old injury.
Luke Amos on 18:51 - Oct 18 with 4653 viewspaulparker

Fingers crossed this is not as bad as it sounds

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Luke Amos on 19:00 - Oct 18 with 4613 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Luke Amos on 18:05 - Oct 18 by davman

He's just reporting what he has heard, no more, no less. Not sure that's "poor form" to be fair.

Hope he is wrong as saw quite a lot to like in Amos yesterday...

At least we now have decent cover unlike in and around that defence. Good yesterday, but two injuries / suspensions from looking threadbare at the back...

Fair point, though I didn't say it was "poor form", just that it wasn't helpful.

But I take your point.

Luke Amos on 19:00 - Oct 18 with 4608 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Luke Amos on 18:51 - Oct 18 by paulparker

Fingers crossed this is not as bad as it sounds

Might not be.

Luke Amos on 19:39 - Oct 18 with 4448 viewsbosh67

Fingers crossed but I thought he finally looked up to speed yesterday until the injury and really bossed and hassled the midfield in a Dele Ali style for us. Real shame if he finally hits gear only to have half his season or more taken away from him. Hopefully not.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Luke Amos on 19:57 - Oct 18 with 4316 viewsNorthantsHoop

Could be a meniscus tear, rather than an ACL, he seemed to jar the knee on the ground. If it is a meniscus problem, I had this injury when playing walking football recently and pulled up in a similar way to Luke. My injury was diagnosed through an MRI scan, takes about 6 to 8 weeks to heal on its own, can be longer if surgery is required. Let's hope it is not too serious, as he is starting to get his game together this season.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 19:58]
Luke Amos on 20:27 - Oct 18 with 4135 viewsBoston

Luke Amos on 19:57 - Oct 18 by NorthantsHoop

Could be a meniscus tear, rather than an ACL, he seemed to jar the knee on the ground. If it is a meniscus problem, I had this injury when playing walking football recently and pulled up in a similar way to Luke. My injury was diagnosed through an MRI scan, takes about 6 to 8 weeks to heal on its own, can be longer if surgery is required. Let's hope it is not too serious, as he is starting to get his game together this season.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 19:58]

6 - 8 weeks for an out of shape, overweight, middle-aged man?

Might be a bit quicker for a fit and healthy 23 year old.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Luke Amos on 20:38 - Oct 18 with 4091 viewsNorthantsHoop

Luke Amos on 20:27 - Oct 18 by Boston

6 - 8 weeks for an out of shape, overweight, middle-aged man?

Might be a bit quicker for a fit and healthy 23 year old.

Yes the years are rolling by and youth is in the rear view mirror, but still able to bang in a few goals. Plug for older boys, if you are aged over 50, and want to play football at a slower pace than veteran football, have a go at walking football, it's competitive, growing in popularity and great.

And you are right hopefully Amos would recover a lot quicker.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 20:38]
Luke Amos on 20:41 - Oct 18 with 4074 viewsrsonist

It's particularly frustrating after he finally made a case not just for himself but as a different type of 10 entirely to the classic Eze/Chair creative role he was being judged by in playing there. Using that free role to press and disrupt Bournemouth's build up made us much more proactive.

It's something Mourinho especially likes to do - Oscar, Fellaini, though surprisingly only briefly with Alli (who as Bosh rightly says was a monster for it under Poch while still being creative).

Also kinda feels like there could also be something in common with him and Alli in terms of character - too bright for their own good as footballers go - but I'd only be speculating really...
Luke Amos on 21:20 - Oct 18 with 3890 viewsLythamR

who is Sean Gallagher? does he work for the club?
Luke Amos on 21:31 - Oct 18 with 3844 viewsFrankRightguard

He’s a journo for Talksport. Used to be a local journo. Very well connected so suspect if he says it doesn’t look good, that has come from a reliable connection. He doesn’t deal in gossip from what I’ve seen.
Luke Amos on 21:40 - Oct 18 with 3795 viewseghamranger

Gallagher is a local sports journalist and a good source.... so I reckon that it’s not great news for Amos..
Luke Amos on 21:50 - Oct 18 with 3755 viewsMichael_Hunt

Luke Amos on 20:38 - Oct 18 by NorthantsHoop

Yes the years are rolling by and youth is in the rear view mirror, but still able to bang in a few goals. Plug for older boys, if you are aged over 50, and want to play football at a slower pace than veteran football, have a go at walking football, it's competitive, growing in popularity and great.

And you are right hopefully Amos would recover a lot quicker.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 20:38]

I took it up about four years ago; first game I tried to roll back the years and in turning tightly managed to fall arse over head; result a wrist that was in a thousand pieces and a forearm bone protruding through! After 12 hours in surgery and 4 days in hospital decided that I’ll grow old disgracefully thanks all the same..
Luke Amos on 22:07 - Oct 18 with 3697 viewsdistortR

Luke Amos on 21:50 - Oct 18 by Michael_Hunt

I took it up about four years ago; first game I tried to roll back the years and in turning tightly managed to fall arse over head; result a wrist that was in a thousand pieces and a forearm bone protruding through! After 12 hours in surgery and 4 days in hospital decided that I’ll grow old disgracefully thanks all the same..

bloody hell, you would have been in a million pieces if you'd been running!
Sounds horrendous, hope you made a full recovery.
Luke Amos on 22:45 - Oct 18 with 3592 viewsdaveB

the pitch had so much water on it yesterday players were slipping all over the place, the way he slipped and his knee went under him suggested it was a bad one.
Luke Amos on 22:58 - Oct 18 with 3550 viewsLythamR

Luke Amos on 21:31 - Oct 18 by FrankRightguard

He’s a journo for Talksport. Used to be a local journo. Very well connected so suspect if he says it doesn’t look good, that has come from a reliable connection. He doesn’t deal in gossip from what I’ve seen.

Thanks

That is a shame hopefully its not quite as bad as reported, fingers crossed he is able to fully recover, thankfully with the squad as it stands we should be able to give him proper recovery time and not have to rush him back like we have with some in the past
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024