Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Famine to Feast 16:05 - Oct 19 with 3526 viewssimmo

We've gone from no strikers, to signing 4 in as many weeks!

Quiet and under the radar - which is no bad thing - but another example of seeing if we can do something with a young player that couldn't stay in a bloated PL academy. Welcome Manasse!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-23s-news/manasse-mampala-joins-under-23s-191020

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Famine to Feast on 16:09 - Oct 19 with 2883 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best of luck to him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Famine to Feast on 16:25 - Oct 19 with 2815 viewsBklynRanger

Agree with the thread title, we're going to be battering the fcuk out of the old onion bag at this rate.

Found this:

Manasse Mampala consistently featured in Everton's Under-23 squad in 2018-19, as David Unsworth's young Blues romped to success in league and cup.

Born in Kinshasa, DR Congo, Mampala moved to England aged two.

A strong and composed striker, he joined Everton's Academy at Under-16 level.

The forward enjoyed a standout season for Paul Tait's Under-18 Blues side in 2017-18, contributing 11 goals and chipping in with six assists in 18 appearances in the U18 Premier League.

Mampala signed his first professional deal with Everton in July 2018 and hungrily grabbed his opportunity to earn a second one-year contract in summer 2019.
Famine to Feast on 16:34 - Oct 19 with 2786 viewsBklynRanger

Also found this massively overproduced gem. 'The Prem' cracks me up sometimes it really does.

Famine to Feast on 16:37 - Oct 19 with 2764 viewsflynnbo

Welcome Manasse. Let's hope your stay is a fruitful one.
Famine to Feast on 17:14 - Oct 19 with 2684 viewsBoston

Famine to Feast on 16:37 - Oct 19 by flynnbo

Welcome Manasse. Let's hope your stay is a fruitful one.

Let’s hope he’s the ‘man’ not the man asse.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Famine to Feast on 17:31 - Oct 19 with 2627 viewsbosh67

If you look at the footage of him on Youtube you can see exactly why we have picked him up. He has a very similar playing style to Eze.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Famine to Feast on 17:34 - Oct 19 with 2609 viewsHunterhoop

Famine to Feast on 17:31 - Oct 19 by bosh67

If you look at the footage of him on Youtube you can see exactly why we have picked him up. He has a very similar playing style to Eze.

My first impression too. Same running style, like he’s gliding.
Famine to Feast on 18:04 - Oct 19 with 2489 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Famine to Feast on 16:34 - Oct 19 by BklynRanger

Also found this massively overproduced gem. 'The Prem' cracks me up sometimes it really does.

Thanks for that, Bklyn.

Login to get fewer ads

Famine to Feast on 18:07 - Oct 19 with 2478 viewsBklynRanger

You're more than welcome. The 'Shots' section is crying out for an Alan Partridge voice over.
Famine to Feast on 18:19 - Oct 19 with 2448 viewsLblock

Famine to Feast on 16:34 - Oct 19 by BklynRanger

Stopped watching after 2 mins....... highly dubious that he's playing against kids in the same age bracket there.

It may say so in his age line on registration but I would estimate he's about 5 years older than most of them.

That aside.....
Hope he can kick on and be another example of leaving the gravy train to get your chance and taking it.
If not then I'll never order a Chicken Mampala with rice again

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Famine to Feast on 18:19 - Oct 19 with 2443 viewsbosh67

Famine to Feast on 18:07 - Oct 19 by BklynRanger

You're more than welcome. The 'Shots' section is crying out for an Alan Partridge voice over.

Eat my goal!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Famine to Feast on 18:24 - Oct 19 with 2419 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Famine to Feast on 18:19 - Oct 19 by bosh67

Eat my goal!

"And another" still cracks me up.

Famine to Feast on 19:07 - Oct 19 with 2295 viewsWestbourneR

Famine to Feast on 18:19 - Oct 19 by Lblock

Stopped watching after 2 mins....... highly dubious that he's playing against kids in the same age bracket there.

It may say so in his age line on registration but I would estimate he's about 5 years older than most of them.

That aside.....
Hope he can kick on and be another example of leaving the gravy train to get your chance and taking it.

Gotta say that feels like quite a major accusation. Are you saying he’s faked his birthdate or what?
And he won’t be the first kid that’s big for his age - so why are picking him out?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Famine to Feast on 19:20 - Oct 19 with 2259 viewsflynnbo

Famine to Feast on 19:07 - Oct 19 by WestbourneR

Gotta say that feels like quite a major accusation. Are you saying he’s faked his birthdate or what?
And he won’t be the first kid that’s big for his age - so why are picking him out?

Famine to Feast on 19:38 - Oct 19 with 2195 viewsbosh67

Noticed that Charlie Austin isn't even making the squad at WBA now. Given that we've only signed 4 strikers recently shouldn't we be looking at him on loan in the next window?

Never knowingly right.

Famine to Feast on 19:47 - Oct 19 with 2178 viewspeejaybee

It would be ironic if in about 5 seasons time Everton came in with a 50 million bid for him.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Famine to Feast on 22:59 - Oct 19 with 2007 viewsdistortR

Famine to Feast on 19:47 - Oct 19 by peejaybee

It would be ironic if in about 5 seasons time Everton came in with a 50 million bid for him.

unlikely to pay that much for a 30 year old
Famine to Feast on 01:10 - Oct 20 with 1924 viewsnumptydumpty

Qpr really are completely going in the right direction

Warburton ferdinand hoos Ramsey eustace and Hall and with ex qpr impey and on media sinton.

We really are going completely in the right direction

I don't think we even have a loan player now also.

Fair play

I watched a game two years ago recently online with Eze very leggy performance with a kind of lack of control but moments of potential

Few good finishes in there and we are a club especially young forward players would be an extremely attractive proposition as long as they don't get attracted to the many other delights that London offers to a young and up and coming professional footballer then let's hope we continue to bring players through by coaching, clever loan spells and gradual introduction into first team action also.

Brilliant. Come on you supa hoopsa!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Famine to Feast on 07:02 - Oct 20 with 1830 viewsLblock

Famine to Feast on 22:59 - Oct 19 by distortR

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Famine to Feast on 07:43 - Oct 20 with 1785 viewsstevec

Famine to Feast on 22:59 - Oct 19 by distortR

Yeah and apparently he’s a Doctor as well. At 20 years old, come off it.
Famine to Feast on 07:44 - Oct 20 with 1785 viewsLoftgirl

Famine to Feast on 19:07 - Oct 19 by WestbourneR

I'm hoping you mean 'acquisition'.
Famine to Feast on 08:48 - Oct 20 with 1706 viewscaliforniahoop

Famine to Feast on 18:19 - Oct 19 by Lblock

That aside.....

I suppose you would have said the same about Crouch
Famine to Feast on 09:09 - Oct 20 with 1669 viewsNorthantsHoop

Famine to Feast on 01:10 - Oct 20 by numptydumpty

Warburton ferdinand hoos Ramsey eustace and Hall and with ex qpr impey and on media sinton.

Fair play

I watched a game two years ago recently online with Eze very leggy performance with a kind of lack of control but moments of potential

Few good finishes in there and we are a club especially young forward players would be an extremely attractive proposition as long as they don't get attracted to the many other delights that London offers to a young and up and coming professional footballer then let's hope we continue to bring players through by coaching, clever loan spells and gradual introduction into first team action also.

Totally agree, feel at last going in the right direction, it has taken 3 or 4 years, but the future looks good. Developing young players and buying sensibly, including decent free experienced transfers is the way to go. Football has improved, we have a decent manager and credit to Les Ferdinand and the other directors in progressing the project.
Famine to Feast on 09:11 - Oct 20 with 1660 viewscaliforniahoop

Famine to Feast on 01:10 - Oct 20 by numptydumpty

Fair play

Don’t forget Furlong and Banfield
Famine to Feast on 09:13 - Oct 20 with 1657 viewsMick_S

Famine to Feast on 07:43 - Oct 20 by stevec

Yeah and apparently he’s a Doctor as well. At 20 years old, come off it.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024