Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obsession with subbing Adomah 17:05 - Nov 7 with 6844 viewsDando

Whats all that about? 60 mins maximum each game, then subbed despite being arguably one of our better players and our only threat at times. Really getting on my nerves. Surely cant be about fitness, hes hardly an old man!
Obsession with subbing Adomah on 17:18 - Nov 7 with 5242 viewsAntti_Heinola

he's barely played in a year, so yes, about fitness.

Bare bones.

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 17:24 - Nov 7 with 5203 viewsPinnerPaul

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 17:18 - Nov 7 by Antti_Heinola

he's barely played in a year, so yes, about fitness.

and MW with his army of fitness monitoring methods, like all clubs, has far more idea of who's fit and who's not than us.
Obsession with subbing Adomah on 17:30 - Nov 7 with 5173 viewsDando

Maybe true but still seems better than most of the others, woukd give him at least til 70 surely
Obsession with subbing Adomah on 17:42 - Nov 7 with 5129 viewsDando

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 17:24 - Nov 7 by PinnerPaul

and MW with his army of fitness monitoring methods, like all clubs, has far more idea of who's fit and who's not than us.

No doubt about that, but not like hes only played 2 games for us. Surely built a bit of fitness by now. Seems to be sending some great deliveries in each game then is whipped off
Obsession with subbing Adomah on 17:43 - Nov 7 with 5124 viewsdaveB

I thought we looked a lot better after he went off
Obsession with subbing Adomah on 17:49 - Nov 7 with 5090 viewsPhilmyRs

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 17:43 - Nov 7 by daveB

Agreed but didn’t think he was too bad first half, felt others struggled more and Carroll and Chair much more comfortable second half but the changes definitely improved us. It’s a fitness thing but if BOS unavailable I’d like Willock and Albert operating the wide areas, fitness permitting of course.
Obsession with subbing Adomah on 18:36 - Nov 7 with 4975 viewsNorthernr

Do we think Warburton wants to sub Adomah? It's obviously a match fitness issue.
Obsession with subbing Adomah on 18:37 - Nov 7 with 4971 viewsWestonsuperR

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 17:43 - Nov 7 by daveB

Totally agree, on this occasion much better without him, although Adomah has been good in most games didn’t think he played particularly well first half.
Login to get fewer ads

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 18:54 - Nov 7 with 4918 viewsDando

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 18:36 - Nov 7 by Northernr

Do we think Warburton wants to sub Adomah? It's obviously a match fitness issue.

I wouldn't have thought so but just cant understand it when he seems to be one of our stronger players. If not fit, fine but seems to be fit enough to be playing pretty well each time I've seen him. Not seen any reason to take him off personally, but what do i know
Obsession with subbing Adomah on 18:56 - Nov 7 with 4914 viewsNorthernr

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 18:54 - Nov 7 by Dando

I wouldn't have thought so but just cant understand it when he seems to be one of our stronger players. If not fit, fine but seems to be fit enough to be playing pretty well each time I've seen him. Not seen any reason to take him off personally, but what do i know

If it's still happening in six weeks time I think we have to ask questions. ATM it's a 32-year-old who has played very little football in 2020 and wasn't allowed to do a pre-season with Forest.
Obsession with subbing Adomah on 19:29 - Nov 7 with 4817 viewsdaveB

It was a tactical move today, made us a lot stronger on the right and allowed Chair to play in the middle
Obsession with subbing Adomah on 20:07 - Nov 7 with 4738 viewsgazza1

Norf is spot on.......I told you he explains things better than i can(In writing!!(
[Post edited 7 Nov 2020 20:07]
Obsession with subbing Adomah on 20:59 - Nov 7 with 4640 viewsderbyhoop

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 19:29 - Nov 7 by daveB

It was a tactical move today, made us a lot stronger on the right and allowed Chair to play in the middle

Adomah did a lot of defensive work, but by playing 2 RBs in second half we were better balanced for the change.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 10:39 - Nov 8 with 4453 viewsfrancisbowles

If we overplay him before he is ready, he may well pick up a niggly injury and we could lose him for weeks. Then he goes backwards with his fitness and we are back somewhere close to where we started.

We employ sports scientists and fitness coaches, we have to trust them.
Obsession with subbing Adomah on 10:45 - Nov 8 with 4432 viewscyprusmel

If Alberts fitness is an issue it might be better to bring him on in the second half so that he is fresh to attack tiring defenders.
Obsession with subbing Adomah on 10:47 - Nov 8 with 4432 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 19:29 - Nov 7 by daveB

Not sure he would have lasted 90 anyway but I agree that it was also a tactical move.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 17:16 - Nov 9 with 4240 viewsLazyFan

In other news Willock looks ready to start!

zzzzzzzzzz

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 18:12 - Nov 9 with 4189 viewsA40Bosh

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 18:36 - Nov 7 by Northernr

Exactly, better to have him play 60 mins per game and have him available 8 -10 times during Nov/Dec than 70 mins or 80 mins in a game now chasing a goal, only for him to then do something that puts him out for 4 weeks.

Just noticed how many games we have after the international break and before the end of the year. Imagine all those games we can sit through from the comfort of our homes during these dark and dingy days of Covid lockdowns.

Oh yeah, imagine all those games we are going to HAVE to sit through.........

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 07:05 - Nov 10 with 4060 viewstimcocking

He's clearly got a higher level of skill on the ball than most of our boys. Premiership quality playing in the Championship no doubt.
Obsession with subbing Adomah on 08:12 - Nov 10 with 4019 viewsNorthernr

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 18:12 - Nov 9 by A40Bosh

Exactly, better to have him play 60 mins per game and have him available 8 -10 times during Nov/Dec than 70 mins or 80 mins in a game now chasing a goal, only for him to then do something that puts him out for 4 weeks.

Just noticed how many games we have after the international break and before the end of the year. Imagine all those games we can sit through from the comfort of our homes during these dark and dingy days of Covid lockdowns.

Oh yeah, imagine all those games we are going to HAVE to sit through.........

We've got 11 games in five weeks when we return from this break. Dread to think what sort of squad we'll be taking into January. Already lost Amos.
Obsession with subbing Adomah on 08:15 - Nov 10 with 4015 viewsWatford_Ranger

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 08:12 - Nov 10 by Northernr

We've got 11 games in five weeks when we return from this break. Dread to think what sort of squad we'll be taking into January. Already lost Amos.

Thomas can cover that role for 20 minutes every three months.
Obsession with subbing Adomah on 08:54 - Nov 10 with 3972 viewsnix

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 08:15 - Nov 10 by Watford_Ranger

Thomas can cover that role for 20 minutes every three months.

I think we've just been really unlucky with his getting injured so early on this season. He's not been prone to long injury spells previously. It's not been a good introduction for players though, with COVID and the lack of a proper pre-season so maybe injuries are more likely to happen. Warburton seems to think he'll be ready to start after the international break. That'll give us a few options attacking-wise. I think Warburton is quite wary of over-playing wingers because they're more at risk of muscle injuries, which is why he switches between Adomah and Willock/Bright etc.
Obsession with subbing Adomah on 16:33 - Dec 9 with 3710 viewsDando

Just wondered what peoples thoughts are on this now? Im not saying Adomah is our savior but hes an experience proven quality player at this level and is barely getting look in. Warburton continues to talk about us being leggy etc yet he doesnt appear to get any minutes. Just cant understand it to be honest. Most games that he has started, he has played well then subbed and the games we have brought him on in tend to be when we are chasing the game and too late to do anything.

Starting to look like he was not a Warburton signing and just isn't interested in giving him a fair run. We are not playing great at the moment, and surely hes a better option than playing Chair wide left and Carrol attacking midfield. Not sure we can question his fitness when its December now.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 16:34]
Obsession with subbing Adomah on 16:37 - Dec 9 with 3689 viewsTheChef

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 16:33 - Dec 9 by Dando

Just wondered what peoples thoughts are on this now? Im not saying Adomah is our savior but hes an experience proven quality player at this level and is barely getting look in. Warburton continues to talk about us being leggy etc yet he doesnt appear to get any minutes. Just cant understand it to be honest. Most games that he has started, he has played well then subbed and the games we have brought him on in tend to be when we are chasing the game and too late to do anything.

Starting to look like he was not a Warburton signing and just isn't interested in giving him a fair run. We are not playing great at the moment, and surely hes a better option than playing Chair wide left and Carrol attacking midfield. Not sure we can question his fitness when its December now.

Agreed.

Not sure why he hasn't been starting more games, his fitness must be at the sufficient levels by now?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 16:38 - Dec 9 with 3684 viewsPinnerPaul

Obsession with subbing Adomah on 16:33 - Dec 9 by Dando

Agree - just made the same point on Clive's match report thread - makes no sense not to use the more experienced subs when a) we have so many games and b) when we're not exactly ripping games up at the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024