Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dieng 19:15 - Nov 21 with 8162 viewsNorthernr

Famous last words, he hasn't made a mistake yet so there's bound to be one soon and I hope I'm not pre-empting that, but thought he was worth his own thread...

Very nice to have a goalkeeper that doesn't terrify the life out of me again. Looking super confident and composed atm. Passes the ball better than some of our midfielders, good command of the area, and some amazing saves last few weeks.
Dieng on 18:43 - Nov 22 with 2102 viewsCamberleyR

Dieng on 12:05 - Nov 22 by DannyPaddox

Btw: Parksey was a legend in goal but unlucky for him (or was it my imagination) the few times he made a fumble - the cameras were there.

Good point about the cameras being there when he made a rare howler.

I refer the jury to Exhibit A m'lud.

Even though we had cup runs that season, unfortunately our league campaign pretty much never recovered from the moment when Parkesy threw their first in.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Dieng on 19:50 - Nov 22 with 2024 viewsbakerloo8

Dieng on 17:26 - Nov 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well, I have to admire your honestly about it not being about the football, but about the preciousness of some posters.

Missed the bit about multiple goalkeeping meltdowns did you?
Dieng on 21:30 - Nov 22 with 1988 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dieng on 19:50 - Nov 22 by bakerloo8

Missed the bit about multiple goalkeeping meltdowns did you?

We all have eyes and saw how Lumley played. Some of us were annoyed or sanguine about it, others acted like rabid head bangers and forced him off Social media and droned on and on long after his last game.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 21:35]
Dieng on 21:37 - Nov 22 with 1974 viewsjoe90

According to the BBC his middle name is Timothy.
Dieng on 04:22 - Nov 23 with 1848 viewstimcocking

This post definitely shouldn't exist yet, it may well tempt fate.

So far he's been a joy. The calmest looking player in the history of the universe. I'm worried he'll fail a drugs test.

Also, each game so far there's been a point i think 'well sh!t, that's us 1-0 down', only to realise it's still 0-0, 'keeper saved it. I don't think a Rangers keeper stopped the first goal since Smithies left, no disrespect intended.

He does occasionally play our defenders into big trouble, could have cost us numerous times. Although, that's on the management.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 4:24]
Dieng on 07:50 - Nov 23 with 1815 viewsbakerloo8

Dieng on 21:30 - Nov 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

We all have eyes and saw how Lumley played. Some of us were annoyed or sanguine about it, others acted like rabid head bangers and forced him off Social media and droned on and on long after his last game.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 21:35]

You're all over the place again 🤣

So because a few planks on Twitter handed it out to Lumley, this means we cant make comparisons between our last 2 keepers? Mad.
Dieng on 08:37 - Nov 23 with 1778 viewsderbyhoop

Dieng on 21:48 - Nov 21 by QPRSteve

Beat me to it, exactly my thoughts about him.

I still think Lumley is good keeper. Anyone know how he did today for Doncaster?

Doncaster drew 1-1 with Sunderland. Sunderland goal was an Excocet from 20 yards, no keeper would have saved.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 9:04]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dieng on 08:41 - Nov 23 with 1778 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Dieng's ball through the middle was wonderful, though at first I thought he'd miskicked it like i used to.

He looks a quality keeper.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Dieng on 09:03 - Nov 23 with 1747 viewsdm97

First win at Forest, circa 2018 pre-xmas, Lumley pulls off *that* save from a piledriver from 25 yards onto crossbar. Everyone, myself included, hails him as the answer to Smithies leaving - now on his second emergency loan of the season to the divison below

Dieng looks great dont get me wrong, but he's played all of 9/10 games for us? Patience (i.e. not hounding him at the first sight of blood) = virtue etc etc
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 9:04]
Dieng on 09:36 - Nov 23 with 1714 viewsrobith

Goalkeeper is one area our youth and scouting system have done pretty well in - post Smithies we've had two first team quality keepers who haven't cost any transfer outlay
Dieng on 09:53 - Nov 23 with 1683 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dieng on 09:36 - Nov 23 by robith

Goalkeeper is one area our youth and scouting system have done pretty well in - post Smithies we've had two first team quality keepers who haven't cost any transfer outlay

Who are the next ones in line? How is that young Polish lad doing?
Dieng on 09:58 - Nov 23 with 1675 viewsTacticalR

Dieng on 18:43 - Nov 22 by CamberleyR

Good point about the cameras being there when he made a rare howler.

I refer the jury to Exhibit A m'lud.

Even though we had cup runs that season, unfortunately our league campaign pretty much never recovered from the moment when Parkesy threw their first in.

A touch of the Rob Greens about the first goal, although he does make a good save from the header from the corner just before the howler.

Air hostess clique

Dieng on 10:03 - Nov 23 with 1662 viewsstevec

Dieng on 14:00 - Nov 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think it’s sad that we can’t praise Dieng without torpedoing Lumley. Lumley hasn’t played for us for months.

I was worried for Dieng and his inclusion, but he has surpassed all expectations.

Possibly as there’s an underlying fear that one mistake from Dieng and Lumley will be back between those posts.
Dieng on 10:53 - Nov 23 with 1601 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dieng on 10:03 - Nov 23 by stevec

Possibly as there’s an underlying fear that one mistake from Dieng and Lumley will be back between those posts.

Ultimately it’s up to you, but I just don’t think it’s healthy or useful to keep whining about a player who was dropped ten games ago and doesn’t even play for our club any more, but I suppose if you absolutely must have a punchbag, which you clearly must, it might as well be someone who isn’t wearing our colours for a change.
Dieng on 13:27 - Nov 23 with 1467 viewsCiderwithRsie

This is sorta a thread about Dieng being good isn't it? Why are we raking over Lumley's error and whether or not he got badly treated?
Dieng on 16:58 - Nov 23 with 1390 viewsMatch82

Dieng on 12:17 - Nov 22 by denhamhoop2

I enjoy how comfortable he makes me feel when a high cross comes in as his handling is excellent which sadly I couldn't say for Joe Lumley. He will eventually make errors all goalkeepers do even Smithies had his one bad game at Ipswich and watching all seasons highlights shocked me how many howlers Stejskal made when in my mind he was a good solid citizen. Dieng though saves ones you would expect a keeper to make and has made a world class save at Blackburn . Here's a good way to judge how many other Championship keepers would you choose ahead of him maybe 2 or 3 tops

I thought it was notable in one of the pre season games where in the brief highlights package, they had a clip or two of Dieng coming to claim a relatively comfortable and straightforward cross. Nothing dramatic, completely unremarkable and a strange choice for a highlight. I think they've known this was a particular strength of his for a while and were highlighting it early. Not to mention tipping their hand that they thought this swap was going to happen at some point.
Dieng on 23:18 - Nov 24 with 1264 viewsFrankRightguard

He made one superb claim of a cross tonight. Into traffic, heavy landing but held on. Great stuff, proper keeping.
Dieng on 02:48 - Nov 25 with 1142 viewstimcocking

Dieng on 16:31 - Nov 22 by bakerloo8

Because it is an obvious direct comparison.

Probably would be no "torpedoing" of Lumley had certain posters not had their head up his arse on here through multiple goalkeeping meltdowns.

We all love Joe, nobody wanted him to fail.

He just couldn't seem to make a regulation save.
Dieng on 07:31 - Nov 25 with 980 viewsolderR

Anticipating exponential growth in his ability.
Who is Switzerland’s keeper?
Dieng on 07:37 - Nov 25 with 970 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Dieng on 23:18 - Nov 24 by FrankRightguard

He made one superb claim of a cross tonight. Into traffic, heavy landing but held on. Great stuff, proper keeping.

That's the most memorable moment of the match for me. He did it s couple of times at least but the one where he had to go through a group of players was just brilliant. Not sure his one handed save needed to be quite so showy but what do I know!
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 7:38]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Dieng on 08:32 - Nov 25 with 850 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought he got caught in no man's land for the first goal. Came, didn't get it and was too close to it to pull off a reaction save. Maybe he wouldn't have saved it either way but I think his positioning ended up being off.

Didn't affect him, though. Another hugely commanding performance in all.
Couldn't be happier with him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dieng on 08:32 - Nov 25 with 850 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Dieng on 07:37 - Nov 25 by CliveWilsonSaid

That's the most memorable moment of the match for me. He did it s couple of times at least but the one where he had to go through a group of players was just brilliant. Not sure his one handed save needed to be quite so showy but what do I know!
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 7:38]

One handed saves always need to be showy.

"Breathtaking keeper" oppo manager to me after the game for similar.

Gives you a nice feeling.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Dieng on 09:12 - Nov 25 with 766 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Dieng on 08:32 - Nov 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought he got caught in no man's land for the first goal. Came, didn't get it and was too close to it to pull off a reaction save. Maybe he wouldn't have saved it either way but I think his positioning ended up being off.

Didn't affect him, though. Another hugely commanding performance in all.
Couldn't be happier with him.

I see what you mean about the first goal Brian. He gets caught out of position and off balance. It was a very well hit cross though and difficult to judge. You can tell when a modern football has been hit sweetly because it doesn't spin but somehow dips and bends viciously.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Dieng on 09:17 - Nov 25 with 748 viewsTheChef

Dieng on 09:12 - Nov 25 by CliveWilsonSaid

I see what you mean about the first goal Brian. He gets caught out of position and off balance. It was a very well hit cross though and difficult to judge. You can tell when a modern football has been hit sweetly because it doesn't spin but somehow dips and bends viciously.

Yeah it was an excellent cross into the corridor of uncertainty, I didn't think there was too much Dieng could have done really.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Dieng on 09:31 - Nov 25 with 715 viewsSir_Chops

Dieng on 07:31 - Nov 25 by olderR

Anticipating exponential growth in his ability.
Who is Switzerland’s keeper?

Sat on the bench for Senegal in a friendly back in 2014, but didn't play. Does anyone know if that prevents him playing for anyone else internationally now?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024