Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall fans. 17:35 - Dec 5 with 57787 viewsPaddyhoops

They booed the players loudly as they took the knee.
What a classy bunch they are.
Millwall fans. on 14:06 - Dec 11 with 1605 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Millwall fans. on 13:47 - Dec 11 by SheffieldHoop

Yeh and I've made my point clear that BLM isn't just a noble cause, but is also supported by racists who see this as an opportunity to divide people. Elements of which have been manifested in your posts today.

Thanks anyway.

A difference of opinion is fine, Sheffield but you're basically calling BrianWilson a racist now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Millwall fans. on 14:31 - Dec 11 with 1547 viewsSheffieldHoop

Millwall fans. on 14:06 - Dec 11 by BrianMcCarthy

A difference of opinion is fine, Sheffield but you're basically calling BrianWilson a racist now.

[Post edited 11 Feb 2021 11:56]

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Millwall fans. on 14:42 - Dec 11 with 1516 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ok.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Millwall fans. on 14:44 - Dec 11 with 1513 viewsJuzzie

Millwall fans. on 13:47 - Dec 11 by SheffieldHoop

Yeh and I've made my point clear that BLM isn't just a noble cause, but is also supported by racists who see this as an opportunity to divide people. Elements of which have been manifested in your posts today.

Thanks anyway.

This is a genuine question 'cos I'm getting confused now.

Was/is footballers taking the knee about supporting the US created BLM movement that is being criticised for actually being diversive rather than inclusive?

Or, is taking the knee (and doing the fist) about supporting anti racism and no association with the above?
Millwall fans. on 14:52 - Dec 11 with 1488 viewsBrianWilson

Millwall fans. on 14:31 - Dec 11 by SheffieldHoop

I don't think anything you said was racist SH so wouldn't or have not called you any names. If you think I am...well, that's your opinion.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Millwall fans. on 14:55 - Dec 11 with 1475 viewsSheffieldHoop

Millwall fans. on 14:44 - Dec 11 by Juzzie

This is a genuine question 'cos I'm getting confused now.

Was/is footballers taking the knee about supporting the US created BLM movement that is being criticised for actually being diversive rather than inclusive?

Or, is taking the knee (and doing the fist) about supporting anti racism and no association with the above?

You would have to ask each individual player why they are doing it.

I would imagine that most originally done it in response to the George Floyd murder, along with the other notable cases that were discussed at the time.

I expect if you asked most players why they're still doing it, you'd get a huge range of answers.

Even amongst the more keen politically engaged footballers, you'd be hard pressed to find a consistent message as to why they're doing it.

This is why clubs keep taking it out of players hands and creating generic anti-discrimination messages for them.

Millwall fans. on 15:08 - Dec 11 with 1440 viewsJuzzie

Millwall fans. on 14:55 - Dec 11 by SheffieldHoop

You would have to ask each individual player why they are doing it.

I would imagine that most originally done it in response to the George Floyd murder, along with the other notable cases that were discussed at the time.

I expect if you asked most players why they're still doing it, you'd get a huge range of answers.

Even amongst the more keen politically engaged footballers, you'd be hard pressed to find a consistent message as to why they're doing it.

This is why clubs keep taking it out of players hands and creating generic anti-discrimination messages for them.

OK, thanks.

Herein lies the problem. There doesn't seem to be an exact definition so on social media there are rafts of people who are claiming that any player taking the knee and doing the fist is exclusively linked to the BLM political party in the US and therefore supporting extremist thinking. It's on that video from the other page and in all the comments and I've seen in in other places too like facebook.
Millwall fans. on 15:09 - Dec 11 with 1428 viewsSheffieldHoop

Millwall fans. on 14:52 - Dec 11 by BrianWilson

I don't think anything you said was racist SH so wouldn't or have not called you any names. If you think I am...well, that's your opinion.

Mainly your post about wanting this argument to rage on in that corner of SE London. Why? Using "an empty gesture" to cause further arguments and division? Yeh, right laugh.

Login to get fewer ads

Millwall fans. on 15:13 - Dec 11 with 1405 viewsManinBlack

Why does it seem to me that at every opportunity in the last year or two new ways are being found to divide us?

It is a life now full of agendas. We had brexit creating brexiteers and remoaners, then along came Covid and it is a pandemic or scamdemic depending on who you talk to. Now we have BLM for the natives to fight over who is racist and who isn't?

Not just at QPR but clubs all over the nation are seeing their fanbases split over the significance of kneeling and clenched fists. Perhaps like the nazi salute leading us to hell in the thirties, will the fist gesture signal another rise of evil? Who knows whether it is a good or bad thing but I do know that it is more division in this divided nation.

I just can't wait for next year when another issue develops and we have more arguments amongst ourselves. Is this how I will spend the rest of my life falling out with everyone?
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 15:15]
Millwall fans. on 15:15 - Dec 11 with 1401 viewsJuzzie

Millwall fans. on 15:13 - Dec 11 by ManinBlack

Why does it seem to me that at every opportunity in the last year or two new ways are being found to divide us?

It is a life now full of agendas. We had brexit creating brexiteers and remoaners, then along came Covid and it is a pandemic or scamdemic depending on who you talk to. Now we have BLM for the natives to fight over who is racist and who isn't?

Not just at QPR but clubs all over the nation are seeing their fanbases split over the significance of kneeling and clenched fists. Perhaps like the nazi salute leading us to hell in the thirties, will the fist gesture signal another rise of evil? Who knows whether it is a good or bad thing but I do know that it is more division in this divided nation.

I just can't wait for next year when another issue develops and we have more arguments amongst ourselves. Is this how I will spend the rest of my life falling out with everyone?

'Divide and rule'

"the policy of maintaining control over one's subordinates or opponents by encouraging dissent between them, thereby preventing them from uniting in opposition."

Seems to be working quite well, sadly.
Millwall fans. on 15:26 - Dec 11 with 1355 viewskensalriser

I think it's abundantly clear that one frequent poster on this thread is pursuing an overtly political agenda. Just can't be arsed with trying to engage with people extrapolating a simple gesture for racial equality into Fidel Castro's world manifesto. Too stupid and too boring.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Millwall fans. on 15:26 - Dec 11 with 1358 viewsBrianWilson

Millwall fans. on 15:09 - Dec 11 by SheffieldHoop

Mainly your post about wanting this argument to rage on in that corner of SE London. Why? Using "an empty gesture" to cause further arguments and division? Yeh, right laugh.

Do you actually read any posts through or just cherry pick what suits your argument? trying to be civil with you but you're clearly beyond that.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 15:26]

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Millwall fans. on 15:32 - Dec 11 with 1336 viewsTheChef

Millwall fans. on 15:13 - Dec 11 by ManinBlack

Divide and conquer. Bread and circuses.

It's always been the same, only that our wonderful leaders now have the internet and social media that they can use, which is much more effective.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Millwall fans. on 15:38 - Dec 11 with 1290 viewsSheffieldHoop

Millwall fans. on 15:26 - Dec 11 by BrianWilson

Do you actually read any posts through or just cherry pick what suits your argument? trying to be civil with you but you're clearly beyond that.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 15:26]

Multiple posts, and sections of posts, of mine on this thread have gone uncommented on. I don't need to accuse you of cherry picking tho.

"I'd love to see Millwall take the knee this week just for the reaction."

See this part of your post? This is indicitive of someone who licks their lips at the prospect of some racial posturing. Please don't do this. I'm asking you politely. It messes with peoples lives. I have friends who's weddings have been cancelled over this stuff. It's not funny.

It's not a "Coooor imagine the reaction if" issue. The only sympathy I can offer you on this occasion is it's millwall.

Millwall fans. on 15:39 - Dec 11 with 1286 viewsSheffieldHoop

Millwall fans. on 15:26 - Dec 11 by kensalriser

I think it's abundantly clear that one frequent poster on this thread is pursuing an overtly political agenda. Just can't be arsed with trying to engage with people extrapolating a simple gesture for racial equality into Fidel Castro's world manifesto. Too stupid and too boring.

Here comes Mr Everyones a Racist Dickhead

Even Trevor Phillips...
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 15:45]

Millwall fans. on 15:46 - Dec 11 with 1263 viewsBrianWilson

Millwall fans. on 15:39 - Dec 11 by SheffieldHoop

Here comes Mr Everyones a Racist Dickhead

Even Trevor Phillips...
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 15:45]

Who called you a racist dickhead? nothing to do with me so maybe direct your anger at that poster.

As I already explained if you care to read what I wrote, it's about standing up for what you believe in. It's not just about anarchy for the sake of it.

Millwall let themselves down on Tuesday as a football club by allowing themselves to be dictated to by some fans with questionable views. It sets a bad precedent.

THAT'S MY OPINION, you can talk around it all you want.

but can you accept other people views?...seems the answer is No.

Millwall fans. on 16:05 - Dec 11 with 1213 viewsSheffieldHoop

Millwall fans. on 15:46 - Dec 11 by BrianWilson

Who called you a racist dickhead? nothing to do with me so maybe direct your anger at that poster.

As I already explained if you care to read what I wrote, it's about standing up for what you believe in. It's not just about anarchy for the sake of it.

Millwall let themselves down on Tuesday as a football club by allowing themselves to be dictated to by some fans with questionable views. It sets a bad precedent.

THAT'S MY OPINION, you can talk around it all you want.

but can you accept other people views?...seems the answer is No.

Your own views are highly questionable - And so I won't allow myself be dictated to by you.

I can't accept your view for the reasons already stated.

Let's not go round in circles eh

Millwall fans. on 16:12 - Dec 11 with 1191 viewsNorthernr

Is this a good time for me to point out we're not really getting anywhere here?
Millwall fans. on 16:15 - Dec 11 with 1179 viewsBrianWilson

I'm not dictating to you.

You are allowed to consider my views questionable

Are you mental?
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 16:16]

Millwall fans. on 16:22 - Dec 11 with 1160 viewsSheffieldHoop

Millwall fans. on 16:15 - Dec 11 by BrianWilson

I'm not dictating to you.

You are allowed to consider my views questionable

Are you mental?
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 16:16]

Millwall fans. on 16:23 - Dec 11 with 1159 viewsKonk

Millwall fans. on 16:05 - Dec 11 by SheffieldHoop

Your own views are highly questionable - And so I won't allow myself be dictated to by you.

I can't accept your view for the reasons already stated.

Let's not go round in circles eh

There's a lot I haven't agreed with on this thread, but a fair bit that's caused me to question/change my own position on some things too; so, I think it's been a worthwhile discussion.

Ultimately, I hope everyone on here would like to see a fairer world, with people not getting a sh it deal on the basis of their skin colour. We might have different views on the scale of the problem, what needs doing, and how to progress, but c'mon people; let's have a hug, yeah? It's the weekend, chaps.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Millwall fans. on 16:26 - Dec 11 with 1150 viewsLongsufferingR

Millwall fans. on 16:12 - Dec 11 by Northernr

Is this a good time for me to point out we're not really getting anywhere here?

About 17 pages too late
Millwall fans. on 16:27 - Dec 11 with 1147 viewsBrianWilson

Yeah, I suppose it's much worse than implying that someone's a racist. Bloody snowflake generation eh.

BTW I know I bolded the word opinion for you already but you somehow came back with dictating.

So one more time for clarity...opinion.

Millwall fans. on 16:30 - Dec 11 with 1139 viewsLongsufferingR

Millwall fans. on 16:23 - Dec 11 by Konk

There's a lot I haven't agreed with on this thread, but a fair bit that's caused me to question/change my own position on some things too; so, I think it's been a worthwhile discussion.

Ultimately, I hope everyone on here would like to see a fairer world, with people not getting a sh it deal on the basis of their skin colour. We might have different views on the scale of the problem, what needs doing, and how to progress, but c'mon people; let's have a hug, yeah? It's the weekend, chaps.

You can talk. Fulham have a racist kit with the white always above the black. If that isn't subliminal racism then I'm Oswald Moseley.
Millwall fans. on 16:38 - Dec 11 with 1110 viewsKonk

Millwall fans. on 16:30 - Dec 11 by LongsufferingR

You can talk. Fulham have a racist kit with the white always above the black. If that isn't subliminal racism then I'm Oswald Moseley.

Generally, it's just a black trim on a white shirt, but occasionally we have a black strip across the shoulders/chest - as we have this season. No-one can point the finger at Fulham when it comes to subliminal kit-bias.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024