Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) 09:53 - Dec 8 with 33684 viewsjoe90

Venue: The Den
KO: 19:45
Form: QPR D/W/L/L/L Milwall D/D/D/L/L

Big game for us tonight and a good opportunity to get 3 points on the board.

Millwall haven't won since October and their form isn't improving. I think tonight will be a case where fans in the ground are a disadvantage to the home team.

Despite our inconsistent form, we know this team can play very well, plus Millwalls form means I'm feeling confident.

3-1 Rangers with a late consolation goal from Wall.

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:36 - Dec 8 with 1860 viewsHunterhoop

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:27 - Dec 8 by MedwayR

As far as I understand, he can sign a deal abroad the join on a free in the summer. If that's the case do you reckon his agent might've said to the Belgian club to wait a year, save yourself a few million, pay me a nice fee and BOS a better signing-on fee & wages, everyone wins except QPR...

IF (and that’s a big IF) that is what happened, I would cut our noses off and drop him. He’d be screwing over the club and the club is more important than him.

I think it’s more likely a token deal is agreed. We get something we think will be better than comp, and gets his move. I’d guess a relegation threatened side or Celtic, both of whom will have needs for an attacking player in Jan.

Let’s see.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:37 - Dec 8 with 1847 viewsPhilmyRs

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:15 - Dec 8 by Hunterhoop

Carroll is getting bullied.

Barbet’s passing is a mess again.

Cameron and Ball just look uncomfortable on this surface in terms of the bobble. They keep miscontrolling it and mis hitting passes.

Dykes is struggling with his first touch too. Not sure if it’s the pace of passes or surface. BOS too. Quite a few of our players. Only Chair looks to have the touch.

Harsh on Carroll. He’s done well so far in a very scrappy game. Certainly wouldn’t say he’s getting bullied in there.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:38 - Dec 8 with 1809 viewsBklynRanger

I can't be arsed writing it all up but basically, imho, Warburton's sides are a reflection of his experience - roaming Europe on his own dime watching Ajax, Barcelona, Sporting Lisbon etc.

He's come in as an unknown and had to try to work his way up from a league below, where he was given his chance, to the league that his game is based on - one with high end forwards who can be the difference on very limited chances, and expensive, superior defenders who can either recover from mistakes or seldom make them.

It's a bizarre situation.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 20:39]
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:39 - Dec 8 with 1790 viewsMyke

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:15 - Dec 8 by Hunterhoop

Carroll is getting bullied.

Barbet’s passing is a mess again.

Cameron and Ball just look uncomfortable on this surface in terms of the bobble. They keep miscontrolling it and mis hitting passes.

Dykes is struggling with his first touch too. Not sure if it’s the pace of passes or surface. BOS too. Quite a few of our players. Only Chair looks to have the touch.

Carroll the best player on the pitch by some distance (no great claim to fame I'm afraid) Everything we do well comes through him
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:39 - Dec 8 with 1790 viewsdavman

Utter crap.

A yawn fest.

These two teams are utterly diabolical - whoever loses this needs to look over their shoulder even at this stage of the season. A performance half of the standard as that v Watford, Brentford or Bristol C and this is in the bag, Even one on a par with Saturdays may still get us a point.

Shocking.

Ball diving - embarrassing; sure fire to get a red.
Dykes's touch is as bad as mine is today with two metal plates in my legs
BOS up against a giant and he is scared of him - seriously need a winger on.

I'd take Ball and BOS off and put Willock and Adomah on.

This is here for the taking.

Unfortunately its here for their taking too.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:40 - Dec 8 with 1745 viewsjoolsyp

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:35 - Dec 8 by Greenbay

Willock for BOS, Adomah for Ball - please.
Chair to move inside.
Chair putting in a good effort.

Ball, Cameron and Carroll not working well in the middle ... given that Ball's on a yellow how about Bettache? Worth a go surely?
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:41 - Dec 8 with 1689 viewsWatford_Ranger

Still think if you’re going to play this XI it has to be 4411 and just pray neither Ball or Cameron actually have to use the ball.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:42 - Dec 8 with 1681 viewsPhildo

Suspect both managers would take a draw though
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:43 - Dec 8 with 1641 viewsBurnleyhoop

Is the reason Chair and co aren’t passing to Dykes because he doesn’t appear capable of trapping a bag of cement?
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:43 - Dec 8 with 1627 viewsWatford_Ranger

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:42 - Dec 8 by Phildo

Suspect both managers would take a draw though

If Rowett doesn’t smell blood he’s in the wrong job.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:43 - Dec 8 with 1626 viewsdistortR

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:40 - Dec 8 by joolsyp

Ball, Cameron and Carroll not working well in the middle ... given that Ball's on a yellow how about Bettache? Worth a go surely?

Ball has put MW in a position - if he stays on and gets a red, MW looks bad for not subbing him.
Take him off and you need Cameron to last the full 90.
So light in that position
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:43 - Dec 8 with 1614 viewsGreenbay

why not - not a bad call - although Carroll is still being reasonably creative in a 'win ugly I hope' match.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:44 - Dec 8 with 1611 viewsMyke

Never realised Cameron was playing until you wrote this. Didn't hear his name mentioned once
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:45 - Dec 8 with 1541 viewskarl

This is a big halftime as decisions made now are going to be very important. I've a feeling no changes until 60th min unless a goal before then.
We're definitely playing more circumspect football and holding back, need a spark of life and that's probably going to come from a lucky break as much as us creating it since we're a little timid atm
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:45 - Dec 8 with 1533 viewsCiderwithRsie

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:44 - Dec 8 by Myke

Never realised Cameron was playing until you wrote this. Didn't hear his name mentioned once

Not necessarily a bad thing in his position, though.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:46 - Dec 8 with 1530 viewsderbyhoop

Its not much of a claim but this is much better than Saturday. At least there is effort.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:46 - Dec 8 with 1500 viewsWatford_Ranger

He’s resembling your mate from work who makes up the numbers for your 5-a-side but is more into rugby.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:47 - Dec 8 with 1466 viewsjohncharles

Any chance of Chair passing to someone in front of him ? He’s beginning to p1ss me off.

Strong and stable my arse.

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:48 - Dec 8 with 1429 viewsactonman

This is how warby stops the rot of losing 3 on the bounce , this has bore driaw all over it , suits both teams but doesn’t do either team any favours at all.

Fking abysmal football
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:48 - Dec 8 with 1424 viewsjoe90

Good job I'm not a gambling man as my prediction was very embarrassing.

Nothing to really say about that half. The sky coverage is awful.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:49 - Dec 8 with 1420 viewsPhildo

Careful or he will demand a recount
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:50 - Dec 8 with 1382 viewsBklynRanger

Are we human or are we dancer?

It's a fair question.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:50 - Dec 8 with 1364 viewsHunterhoop

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:37 - Dec 8 by PhilmyRs

Harsh on Carroll. He’s done well so far in a very scrappy game. Certainly wouldn’t say he’s getting bullied in there.

He’s been fine on the ball (comparatively) but he has quite literally been outmuscled off the ball twice by Ryan Woods, who is a hobbit. A talented hobbit but a hobbit nevertheless.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:51 - Dec 8 with 1352 viewsCiderwithRsie

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:48 - Dec 8 by actonman

This is how warby stops the rot of losing 3 on the bounce , this has bore driaw all over it , suits both teams but doesn’t do either team any favours at all.

Fking abysmal football

True, but worth it if it comes off. Even better if we nick a scrappy goal for a win.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 20:52 - Dec 8 with 1307 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Been a typical Championship match so far. I can't see where we're going to find a goal from but you never know.

One positive was Warburton walking fairly briskly across the pitch after half time.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024