Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 18:36 - Dec 12 with 3480 viewsLongsufferingR

1. Was a bit of a spine tingler to be back in the ground and see a few friendly faces. I was sitting right behind the normal seat of a certain Clive Whittingham!
2. Dreadful game with two quite evenly matched sides.
3. Reading very divey, including Ejaria who looks a far better player than Reading deserve.
4. Dickie outstanding plus the other defenders better than usual.
5. We lost that through 2 things. Firstly absolutely no creativity whatsoever. BOS in one of his refusal to take a man on moods. Secondly, we needed to stop that attack much earlier as we had done on numerous occasions throughout the match. Just our luck that the first one we don't break up results in an unstoppable shot.
6. I don't feel as downbeat about the rest of the season as maybe I should. I just can't see that we are that much worse than 21 other teams.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 18:37]
Just back on 18:41 - Dec 12 with 3414 viewsA40Bosh

I was in school end upper
Saw the space open up
Mumbled ‘oh f@@k here it comes”
In fairness he hit it well
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 18:43]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Just back on 18:56 - Dec 12 with 3295 viewsParkRoyalR

Totally agree, lots of positives today, just need to change a few things and we'll be ok, but the Manager has to see our weaknesses and change things quickly as otherwise the No Plan B tag is looking ominous.

I'm almost thinking if we're not going to play Bettache CDM, do we play Dickie their as we did with Grant Hall as we need someone who can travel with the ball and break the line like Luongo did from deep,

Otherwise we've got 3 quarter backs (Barbet, LTC and Cameron) playing 40 yard passes to 4 forwards being marked by 6 or 8 opposition players and you are totally reliant on them losing concentration or making an error to create anything.
Just back on 18:58 - Dec 12 with 3279 viewsBlackCrowe

Just back on 18:56 - Dec 12 by ParkRoyalR

Totally agree, lots of positives today, just need to change a few things and we'll be ok, but the Manager has to see our weaknesses and change things quickly as otherwise the No Plan B tag is looking ominous.

I'm almost thinking if we're not going to play Bettache CDM, do we play Dickie their as we did with Grant Hall as we need someone who can travel with the ball and break the line like Luongo did from deep,

Otherwise we've got 3 quarter backs (Barbet, LTC and Cameron) playing 40 yard passes to 4 forwards being marked by 6 or 8 opposition players and you are totally reliant on them losing concentration or making an error to create anything.

Think LTC looks excellent, proper link man to everything.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 19:07 - Dec 12 with 3213 viewsBAWHoops

Was lovely to be back. Strange during the lulls in the game to hear silence though.

Difference for me today was Chair's shot hit the post and theirs went in.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Just back on 19:11 - Dec 12 with 3194 viewsNoelmc

Just back on 19:07 - Dec 12 by BAWHoops

Was lovely to be back. Strange during the lulls in the game to hear silence though.

Exactly.

As we often see in Championship matches, very small margins.
Just back on 19:13 - Dec 12 with 3171 viewstraininvain

So what’s the verdict re Warburton from the just backs, stick or twist?
Just back on 19:15 - Dec 12 with 3163 viewsLongsufferingR

Just back on 19:13 - Dec 12 by traininvain

So what’s the verdict re Warburton from the just backs, stick or twist?

Stick. We could have got rid and got Hughton in. That's going well.
Just back on 19:33 - Dec 12 with 3049 viewsManinBlack

I didn't see the game today but the BBC reporter stated we booed the team off. That doesn't sound like there were any positives if our fans reacted that way.
Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 19:36 - Dec 12 with 3017 viewsflynnbo

Just back on 19:33 - Dec 12 by ManinBlack

I didn't see the game today but the BBC reporter stated we booed the team off. That doesn't sound like there were any positives if our fans reacted that way.

Didn't hear any boos but then I did leave pretty sharpish. Nice to be able to park near the ground though.
Just back on 19:38 - Dec 12 with 3008 viewsLongsufferingR

Just back on 19:33 - Dec 12 by ManinBlack

There were a handful who booed but the vast majority either left quietly or clapped. There are always a few who boo after a defeat, but it really was negligible today.
Just back on 19:48 - Dec 12 with 2950 viewsTopCat34

Am I right in thinking Adomah was the only one who came over to clap the fans?
Just back on 19:50 - Dec 12 with 2921 viewsParkRoyalR

Just back on 19:48 - Dec 12 by TopCat34

Yes, from what I saw,

Although Dickie looked up and clapped as he reached the tunnel, he looked properly gutted.
Just back on 20:00 - Dec 12 with 2824 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just back on 19:38 - Dec 12 by LongsufferingR

There were a handful who booed but the vast majority either left quietly or clapped. There are always a few who boo after a defeat, but it really was negligible today.

Yes especially after such a late goal. It's frustrating.

Nice to have the Just Backs er back. As usual more informative than all the attention seeking threads.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just back on 20:11 - Dec 12 with 2751 viewsBklynRanger

Yeah Albert was the only one to remember. Think we were all a bit out of practice so not digging the rest out. There were a few boos at the end - maybe 10 or 20 in the school end, for a minute. Then a strange quiet and people got a grip and started clapping, loosely.

The school end was obviously the place for the single attendee - great seas of us - was quite poignant. Nobody had a friend to bounce anything off so people resorted to blurting something out every once in a while. Psychologists would've had a field day.

Performance wise I thought we were OK. Had the feel of a training match at times, the program of games was clear to see. But we need much much more threat and penetration up front. No criticism of Dykes, he's learning and should be the chomping at the bit understudy imho, not the main man. But nothing to melt down over, I honestly don't think.
Just back on 20:13 - Dec 12 with 2741 viewsdm97

Just back;
1. Reading had settled on taking the 0-0, went 541 and Olise produced a moment of quality that won the game - thought both teams were quite quite poor in the final third beside that and chairs run/shot.
2. Building from that ^ if you play badly but are solid you give yourself a chance to do what reading did - we do not give ourselves that chance under warbs.
3. Carroll is a positive - our only player capable of moving it into their final third; BOS and chair have to improve in that area as Eze before them did.
4. Very sparse boos, bit disappointing after everything we’ve all been through but understandable.
5. Warbs is on borrowed time - we are all sick of being naive and easy to beat; Wycombe away is now the game, lose that he’s gone IMO.

I’m not opsimtistic he will be here in 2021. Hope he is and we get back to some kind of form.
Just back on 22:08 - Dec 12 with 2493 viewsHantsR

I agree pretty much with OP on overall view. I also thought Reading players very tiresome the way they screamed in agony any time they got touched. There were a few boos prior to the general modest applause but I wondered whether that was directed at the ref/lino as we were convinced the ball had gone out of play at the start of the move that led to the goal. Just one small point on social distancing, we had two empty seats either side but people in rows in front or behind were within an easy arm's length.
Just back on 22:21 - Dec 12 with 2441 viewsChrisNW6

Just back on 18:41 - Dec 12 by A40Bosh

I was in school end upper
Saw the space open up
Mumbled ‘oh f@@k here it comes”
In fairness he hit it well
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 18:43]

Hey Bosh, I was in SAR Row X Seat 153 and thought the same.......but I was so gutted I smashed up the seat next to me 😁
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 22:23]
Just back on 23:22 - Dec 12 with 2252 viewsnix

Just back on 22:08 - Dec 12 by HantsR

I agree pretty much with OP on overall view. I also thought Reading players very tiresome the way they screamed in agony any time they got touched. There were a few boos prior to the general modest applause but I wondered whether that was directed at the ref/lino as we were convinced the ball had gone out of play at the start of the move that led to the goal. Just one small point on social distancing, we had two empty seats either side but people in rows in front or behind were within an easy arm's length.

Yes I noticed that. Definite tactic, particularly from Olise and Ejaria. In my son's entire football career up to age u-16, I can only remember someone screaming out in agony twice: one broken leg and one dislocated shoulder. They must have screamed about five times in one match.

I heard a few boos but also some spirited clapping off at the end.
Just back on 00:34 - Dec 13 with 2111 viewstimcocking

Am i right in wondering why he's on the bench with such excellent skill?

Was lovely to see the fans, would have loved to have recognised one of you lot. Get some name tags or something.

Very pleased to hear Andy Sinton call it emotional.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 4:15]
Just back on 09:23 - Dec 13 with 1867 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just back on 20:13 - Dec 12 by dm97

Just back;
1. Reading had settled on taking the 0-0, went 541 and Olise produced a moment of quality that won the game - thought both teams were quite quite poor in the final third beside that and chairs run/shot.
2. Building from that ^ if you play badly but are solid you give yourself a chance to do what reading did - we do not give ourselves that chance under warbs.
3. Carroll is a positive - our only player capable of moving it into their final third; BOS and chair have to improve in that area as Eze before them did.
4. Very sparse boos, bit disappointing after everything we’ve all been through but understandable.
5. Warbs is on borrowed time - we are all sick of being naive and easy to beat; Wycombe away is now the game, lose that he’s gone IMO.

I’m not opsimtistic he will be here in 2021. Hope he is and we get back to some kind of form.

Good posts on this thread.

I'd take a bit of issue with point 2 here. I thought we played ok and were totally solid. Reading until the goal had one shot - a free kick - on target, easily saved. I thought while they had a couple of dangerous balls in the box first half, we defended really well. Dickie excellent and Barbet actually very good too. Kakay had a real tough job on his hands with Ejaria, but stuck to it very well. We gave ourselves as much chance as Reading in sneaking a late win.

BUT, we're not scoring goals and we're not looking threatening. When we put them under pressure for limited periods I thought a goal would come, but Dykes simply isn't in the games at the moment, it's frustrating that we don't seem to know how to play to his strengths and very possibly his confidence is draining.

It was a surreal day. Was amazing to be back, when they started playing stuff on the big screen - old goals, music etc, I had a lump in my throat, genuinely. But it was also weird - as others have said, it was silent at times, when usually you'd have general hubbub of noise. Had Reading scored 10 mins earlier, we might have roused ourselves a bit, but the goal was a real kick in the teeth which frankly, they didn't deserve.

He's quality though, Olise. He won't be there for long.

Bare bones.

Just back on 16:14 - Dec 13 with 1503 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back on 20:11 - Dec 12 by BklynRanger

Yeah Albert was the only one to remember. Think we were all a bit out of practice so not digging the rest out. There were a few boos at the end - maybe 10 or 20 in the school end, for a minute. Then a strange quiet and people got a grip and started clapping, loosely.

The school end was obviously the place for the single attendee - great seas of us - was quite poignant. Nobody had a friend to bounce anything off so people resorted to blurting something out every once in a while. Psychologists would've had a field day.

Performance wise I thought we were OK. Had the feel of a training match at times, the program of games was clear to see. But we need much much more threat and penetration up front. No criticism of Dykes, he's learning and should be the chomping at the bit understudy imho, not the main man. But nothing to melt down over, I honestly don't think.

Yep I thought that re the School End - where I was - on my own!

Anyone else think average was higher than normal - saw very few children and not that many that much younger than me - which sadly theses days is quite rare!

From behind the goal (I'm normally in ER) you obviously lose the perspective at the far end, but do see the patterns of play better.

When both teams slowed it down and/or went long, it looked so easy to defend - and so it proved.

Not sure why we chose to attack School End 1st half as that's where we were!

Worth repeating the funniest chant of the day "Is that all you bring away?"
Just back on 19:38 - Dec 13 with 1266 viewsderbyhoop

Just back on 19:07 - Dec 12 by BAWHoops

It had all the makings of a 0-0 except for Chair hitting the inside of the post and there's going in.

Small margins, indeed. About 1cm

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024