Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh 22:57 - Jan 9 with 4865 viewsLongsufferingR

He's back!! Up to his usual tricks for MK today. Sent off and then out come the enormous crying eyes and it gets overturned.
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 19:26 - Jan 10 with 1546 viewsdistortR

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 19:18 - Jan 10 by joe90

Derby were well within their rights to let him go. I don't feel sorry for him.

Club captain, senior pro, mentor to younger players stays behind drinking with a couple of younger ones, instead of stopping them driving home in a drunken state he condones it by getting in the car with one of them. There's a crash, he's injured and imho has made himself unavailable for selection for 15 months. Why would they want to keep paying his wages, good bloke or not.

The two driving should have got time and also been kicked out, mind.
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 19:29 - Jan 10 with 1544 viewsMyke

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 18:44 - Jan 10 by ManinBlack

We will never know but you can't expect anyone at the club to openly admit that they held a grudge against him for costing them Premiership football as they would not look good. We don't know what was said behind the scenes but maybe Keogh did and that is why he made no claim. When it comes to money it can be cut throat.

I would never have guessed after 39 years working at my place that people were gaslighting me and making up stories behind my back that I was charged with improper conduct in my final year. I have been off sick 7 months and have put in grievances against all the individuals concerned and the first hearing is tomorrow.

It matters not to my employer of length of service compared to the gaslighters so why should Derby show any support for Keogh any more than my employer displays? We live in a country now where people can take offence to a cobweb and make up any old story which has to be taken seriously no matter how ludicrous.

Don't talk to me about extreme conspiracy theories because I am the victim of one.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 18:47]

Hope the hearing goes well for you
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 19:49 - Jan 10 with 1514 viewsstowmarketrange

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 18:09 - Jan 10 by E17hoop

He was dismissed for gross misconduct, and bringing the club into disrepute.

On 24 September 2019, the Derby County players were enjoying a club-sanctioned, team-bonding day. It is understood that the players went bowling in the afternoon and then stayed in a bar for the rest of the evening. Most of the squad left the bar and went home in taxis organised by the club, but Keogh, and fellow team-mates, Mason Bennett and Tom Lawrence stayed and continued drinking.

Bennett and Lawrence both decided to drive home from the bar, with Keogh in the back seat of Lawrence’s car. Both Bennett and Lawrence were well over the drink driving legal limit.
During the journey, Lawrence’s vehicle went into the rear of Bennett’s car, with Lawrence’s car going across a roundabout and crashing into a lamppost. Bennett and Lawrence were not injured in the accident. Keogh, however, suffered a knee injury that was estimated to prevent him playing football for around 15 months.

Bennett and Lawrence were both charged and pleaded guilty to drink driving and failing to stop at the scene of an accident. They were banned from driving for two years and ordered to carry out 180 hours of unpaid work. Derby County commenced an internal disciplinary investigation into the matter and fined Bennett and Lawrence six weeks’ wages — the maximum their respective contracts would allow. Keogh was dismissed because he was held to a higher account by the club because he was the captain of the team. The club offered Keogh a proposal where he could stay at the club if he accepted a reduction in wages. Keogh turned this down and appealed the club’s decision - an appeal he lost.

He could have gone to an ET if he felt it was unfair but it's telling he didn't. He may have won but the maximum he could have won in damages in c£86k - a month's wages and no guarantee of a job back. However, it would have cleared him of any wrongdoing and the fact he hasn't means he is aware his opportunity to win was very limited.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 18:10]

So the club decided to dismiss him for disciplinary reasons,but they would’ve kept him on if he’d decided to take a wage cut?
It worked out well for derby then as it meant they could save themselves a lot of money.So his ill discipline wasn’t bad enough that they wouldn’t still keep him on at a lower wage?
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 20:51 - Jan 10 with 1486 viewsdistortR

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 19:49 - Jan 10 by stowmarketrange

So the club decided to dismiss him for disciplinary reasons,but they would’ve kept him on if he’d decided to take a wage cut?
It worked out well for derby then as it meant they could save themselves a lot of money.So his ill discipline wasn’t bad enough that they wouldn’t still keep him on at a lower wage?

Maybe the lower wages were because it was likely that due to his actions he'd be unavailable to play for pretty much the rest of his contract, which expires this year?
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 21:01 - Jan 10 with 1477 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 19:26 - Jan 10 by distortR

Club captain, senior pro, mentor to younger players stays behind drinking with a couple of younger ones, instead of stopping them driving home in a drunken state he condones it by getting in the car with one of them. There's a crash, he's injured and imho has made himself unavailable for selection for 15 months. Why would they want to keep paying his wages, good bloke or not.

The two driving should have got time and also been kicked out, mind.

"Club captain, senior pro, mentor to younger players stays behind drinking with a couple of younger ones, instead of stopping them driving home in a drunken state he condones it by getting in the car with one of them. "

Ya, that's a very good point. (Who are you and what have you done with my mate distortR?).

As I said, poor judgement. But I see Derby's case slightly differently after your post (seriously, how did you get his phone? Is he ok?), but they should have sacked the other two as well. That they didn't sack those two assets proves to me it was at least partly motivated by finances.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 21:35 - Jan 10 with 1432 viewsdistortR

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 21:01 - Jan 10 by BrianMcCarthy

"Club captain, senior pro, mentor to younger players stays behind drinking with a couple of younger ones, instead of stopping them driving home in a drunken state he condones it by getting in the car with one of them. "

Ya, that's a very good point. (Who are you and what have you done with my mate distortR?).

As I said, poor judgement. But I see Derby's case slightly differently after your post (seriously, how did you get his phone? Is he ok?), but they should have sacked the other two as well. That they didn't sack those two assets proves to me it was at least partly motivated by finances.

give a monkey a keyboard and eventually it'll type something vaguely coherent, but don't expect it to happen regularly!
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 22:01 - Jan 10 with 1411 viewsTW_R

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 18:44 - Jan 10 by ManinBlack

We will never know but you can't expect anyone at the club to openly admit that they held a grudge against him for costing them Premiership football as they would not look good. We don't know what was said behind the scenes but maybe Keogh did and that is why he made no claim. When it comes to money it can be cut throat.

I would never have guessed after 39 years working at my place that people were gaslighting me and making up stories behind my back that I was charged with improper conduct in my final year. I have been off sick 7 months and have put in grievances against all the individuals concerned and the first hearing is tomorrow.

It matters not to my employer of length of service compared to the gaslighters so why should Derby show any support for Keogh any more than my employer displays? We live in a country now where people can take offence to a cobweb and make up any old story which has to be taken seriously no matter how ludicrous.

Don't talk to me about extreme conspiracy theories because I am the victim of one.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 18:47]

I think we do know though. Keogh had his contact extended twice after 2014. Seems a bit bizarre to keep extending his contract only for a grudge to bear fruit 5 years later. They could have just let him leave in 2016 instead of offering him a new 3 year deal.
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 22:14 - Jan 10 with 1390 viewsBoston

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 19:49 - Jan 10 by stowmarketrange

Speaks volumes about Derby's Boardroom.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 03:42 - Jan 11 with 1331 viewsstowmarketrange

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 20:51 - Jan 10 by distortR

Maybe the lower wages were because it was likely that due to his actions he'd be unavailable to play for pretty much the rest of his contract, which expires this year?

But they dismissed him for supposedly disciplinary reasons,so why should they take him back at all?
Would it happen in any other job?
“Sorry mate but you did shag the bosses wife,but don’t worry because you can stay on but you’ll have to take a pay cut.”
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 14:07 - Jan 11 with 1229 viewsdistortR

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 03:42 - Jan 11 by stowmarketrange

But they dismissed him for supposedly disciplinary reasons,so why should they take him back at all?
Would it happen in any other job?
“Sorry mate but you did shag the bosses wife,but don’t worry because you can stay on but you’ll have to take a pay cut.”

Presumably, if the bosses wife has any influence, this is a performance related pay cut?
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 14:35 - Jan 11 with 1187 viewsfrancisbowles

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 17:53 - Jan 10 by TGRRRSSS

He left Derby in 2019 and was still a key player at that time, doubt it was to do with 1 matc in 2014 - and in many ways there were various reasons they lost that day - not least the way Derby generally players a lot of ball around maintaining possession and not making much headway with it at times, especially after the red card.

No I think it was more financial giving the injuries suffered, his age by then etc.

Yes and the fact they kept putting the ball on Richard Dunne's head (and foot).
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 09:59 - Jan 20 with 1067 viewsLongsufferingR

Won his appeal against Derby and due for £2m compensation!
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 10:06 - Jan 20 with 1032 viewstoboboly

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 09:59 - Jan 20 by LongsufferingR

Just saw that, considering they haven't paid wages and are desperate for Scott Carson loan money they might head into admin???

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 10:08 - Jan 20 with 1027 viewsted_hendrix

Good for him.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 10:32 - Jan 20 with 965 views2Thomas2Bowles

Looks like we may see him again as signed for Huddersfield.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 10:33 - Jan 20 with 965 viewsbosh67

Right decision. Absolutely scandalous how they treated him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 18:42 - Jan 20 with 848 viewsTGRRRSSS

Derby County are appealing

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/12193504/richard-keogh-derby-count
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 16:30 - Jan 21 with 776 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 15:36 - Jan 10 by WestonsuperR

Wasn’t he club captain? Even if not then surely as one of the most experienced players at the club the he should have at a minimum discouraged this, potentially could have been involved in killing someone.

Exactly. I know he wasn't driving, but wonder if the people saying he was hard done by would be saying the same if they had ploughed into and killed members of their family. I'm guessing not and they would have wanted all of their bo11ocks for rearings. I've just retired from a job that had to go out and pick up the pieces following the actions of pr!cks like these. I won't miss that
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 17:29 - Jan 21 with 730 viewsTGRRRSSS

The point is they did not apply the punishment to all across the board in terms of the people involved.

Whilst your general point about things being worse is understandable, then Derby should have applied this to the other people involved who were actually driving, not just 1 of them but 2 in separate cars.
Keough could only be in 1 car at a time, so he cannot be held responsible for what somebody else did in a separate car entirely also driving whilst under the influence.

Derby chose to punish them differently despite committing the worse crime due to wages, availability and possible use/sale later on.

IN other words their concern was less with what Keough or they did but what use they could find for them, which despite getting it in terms of him not being able to play as an employee you cannot treat people differently in terms of committing similar offences together at the same time, it is discrimination, and the fact he's older or the captain wont I don't think be acceptable in employment law, indeed using his age in itself would be discrimination.
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 17:33 - Jan 21 with 719 viewsLongsufferingR

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 18:42 - Jan 20 by TGRRRSSS

Derby County are appealing

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/12193504/richard-keogh-derby-count

Not to me they aren't
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024