Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Creeket is back 10:55 - Jan 14 with 30628 viewsMrSheen

That crept up on me. Looks like it might be another three day game. Root and Bairstow could do with an upturn in form.
Creeket is back on 17:45 - Mar 20 with 1452 viewsflynnbo

Creeket is back on 17:34 - Mar 20 by ted_hendrix

No disgrace to lose a T20 series 3-2 in India, for a moment at the start of our innings I thought hang on a minute, but it wasn't to be.

Thank goodness for our draw as it looks like we'll lose the rugby as well!

Depending on who "we" refers to, of course!!
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 17:46]
Creeket is back on 17:45 - Mar 20 with 1449 viewsstowmarketrange

Creeket is back on 17:34 - Mar 20 by ted_hendrix

No disgrace to lose a T20 series 3-2 in India, for a moment at the start of our innings I thought hang on a minute, but it wasn't to be.

We were ok until the 13th over,and then the wheels came off big time.
Creeket is back on 18:08 - Mar 20 with 1418 viewsqprphil

Creeket is back on 17:45 - Mar 20 by stowmarketrange

We were ok until the 13th over,and then the wheels came off big time.

Always going to be a tough ask, especially in the middle overs with the field more spread. We gave it a go.
Creeket is back on 10:23 - Mar 23 with 1325 viewsNov77

Just turned the one dayer on, yikes...

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Creeket is back on 14:48 - Mar 23 with 1287 viewsstowmarketrange

We’re doing our best to throw it away again after a fantastic start.
Creeket is back on 16:08 - Mar 23 with 1268 viewsted_hendrix

Usual boring tedious expected batting collapse.

Yawn.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Creeket is back on 16:09 - Mar 23 with 1266 viewsflynnbo

Very disappointing result after such an impressive start.
Creeket is back on 16:20 - Mar 23 with 1245 viewsNov77

You wonder how they can score 135 without loss then throw all 10 wickets for another 116.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

Creeket is back on 20:17 - Mar 23 with 1207 viewsdenhamhoop2

Just watching a very interesting Test W Indies v Sri Lanka think both sides have a couple of future potential greats would say both seem to be in rebuilding phases
Creeket is back on 15:24 - Mar 26 with 1144 viewsMrSheen

Faaaaaaaark, we're not going to do it again, surely? three wickets in nine balls.

Stokes after his 50 - 66616426624W. 49 off 12!
[Post edited 26 Mar 2021 16:01]
Creeket is back on 15:45 - Mar 26 with 1122 viewsstowmarketrange

Creeket is back on 15:24 - Mar 26 by MrSheen

Faaaaaaaark, we're not going to do it again, surely? three wickets in nine balls.

Stokes after his 50 - 66616426624W. 49 off 12!
[Post edited 26 Mar 2021 16:01]

He’d be disappointed at only scoring a 1 and 2 off those 12 balls.
Creeket is back on 15:55 - Mar 26 with 1114 viewsflynnbo

Phew. Well played, England.
Creeket is back on 13:10 - Mar 28 with 998 viewsMrSheen

According to BBC Cricket, England have “restricted” India to just 329! Ed Joyce and Ian Bell shaking their heads.
Creeket is back on 13:44 - Mar 28 with 976 viewsHantsR

Creeket is back on 13:10 - Mar 28 by MrSheen

According to BBC Cricket, England have “restricted” India to just 329! Ed Joyce and Ian Bell shaking their heads.

Don't blame them - both openers gone already! - edit, and Stokes dropped off what should have been an easy catch
[Post edited 28 Mar 2021 13:52]
Creeket is back on 15:34 - Mar 28 with 953 viewsNov77

6 down, looks like we’ve blown it.

Creeket is back on 17:46 - Mar 28 with 935 viewsNov77

Got closer than I expected, as well as Curran played I do think he blew it near the end. Kept turning down singles and played too many defensive shots thinking he could win the game on his own ,should have had more faith in Wood

Creeket is back on 17:57 - Mar 28 with 921 viewsted_hendrix

We had a target that was attainable no question about that, with sensible batting from England's top five batsmen we could have got over the line.
Overall India were better but we've thrown that away today and missed a golden opportunity to have won the 50 over format.
That's my opinion anyway.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Creeket is back on 18:05 - Mar 28 with 912 viewsdanehoop

Creeket is back on 17:46 - Mar 28 by Nov77

Got closer than I expected, as well as Curran played I do think he blew it near the end. Kept turning down singles and played too many defensive shots thinking he could win the game on his own ,should have had more faith in Wood

But he will have played with Wood and seen him bat more than we have. Hell of a game. Curran aside, England's key players didn't stay in long enough to do the necessary damage in the top half.

Can't fault the effort though on a very touch tour at a very strange time. I've enjoyed all of the games with India in each format. Some mixed performances, certainly questions to be asked over rest and rotation of players, but difficult to judge sport at the moment in the circumstances. Every player returning to the UK now faces another 2 weeks of quarantine when they return. That is a long time without seeing family and friends for many of these players and staff.

Never knowingly understood

Creeket is back on 18:34 - Mar 28 with 886 viewsNov77

Creeket is back on 18:05 - Mar 28 by danehoop

But he will have played with Wood and seen him bat more than we have. Hell of a game. Curran aside, England's key players didn't stay in long enough to do the necessary damage in the top half.

Can't fault the effort though on a very touch tour at a very strange time. I've enjoyed all of the games with India in each format. Some mixed performances, certainly questions to be asked over rest and rotation of players, but difficult to judge sport at the moment in the circumstances. Every player returning to the UK now faces another 2 weeks of quarantine when they return. That is a long time without seeing family and friends for many of these players and staff.

We lost by 7 and Curran must have turned down at least that many easy singles coz he wanted to retain the strike. I’m not knocking him, it was an excellent innings, (though it was aided by a few dropped catches).

Wood is well capable of clearing the ropes, just thought Curran could have shown a bit more faith in him.

Disappointed to lose all 3 series as at times we were very good, just not consistent enough.

Creeket is back on 18:37 - Mar 28 with 877 viewsstowmarketrange

Creeket is back on 18:34 - Mar 28 by Nov77

We lost by 7 and Curran must have turned down at least that many easy singles coz he wanted to retain the strike. I’m not knocking him, it was an excellent innings, (though it was aided by a few dropped catches).

Wood is well capable of clearing the ropes, just thought Curran could have shown a bit more faith in him.

Disappointed to lose all 3 series as at times we were very good, just not consistent enough.

That’s what I thought too.He needed to keep the scoreboard ticking over.I didn’t think we’d get anywhere near their score,but thanks to a few dropped catches,we got close.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2021 19:23]
Creeket is back on 13:41 - Apr 26 with 662 viewsR_from_afar

Jadeja!

Look out for what is more or a less a tennis shot, on one foot. It still went for six!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Creeket is back on 14:15 - Apr 26 with 593 viewsMrSheen

Creeket is back on 13:41 - Apr 26 by R_from_afar

Jadeja!

Look out for what is more or a less a tennis shot, on one foot. It still went for six!

It would have been funny if they put five fielders out at deep mid-wicket, maybe in a pyramid.

He was dropped on 0 as well. The bowler was 3-14 off 3 overs up until then!
Creeket is back on 14:24 - Apr 26 with 587 viewsLythamR

Creeket is back on 14:15 - Apr 26 by MrSheen

It would have been funny if they put five fielders out at deep mid-wicket, maybe in a pyramid.

He was dropped on 0 as well. The bowler was 3-14 off 3 overs up until then!

Yes that was an incredible over. Kohli's face was a picture

J didnt do bad with the ball either, CSK have always been my favourite IPL team, 2020 was a bit painful but this year looks promising, I do think they should consider putting Sam Curran in higher up the order now as ahead of Dhoni
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024