Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Creeket is back 10:55 - Jan 14 with 31050 viewsMrSheen

That crept up on me. Looks like it might be another three day game. Root and Bairstow could do with an upturn in form.
Creeket is back on 10:48 - Mar 4 with 2028 viewsStanisgod

Creeket is back on 09:47 - Mar 4 by LimehouseR

And how they can appeal that catch is beyond me, that is out and out cheating from India.

Unfortunately the media call it over exuberance!

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Creeket is back on 12:15 - Mar 4 with 1969 viewsRangersw12

Pathetic batting performance again and they haven't seemed to have learnt anything. Getting out to a non spinning spinner again !!

India will make 300 and then bowl us out cheaply to win by 10 wickets

Fair play to Jimmy though just a fantatsic bowler
Creeket is back on 12:17 - Mar 4 with 1965 viewsBlackCrowe

Creeket is back on 12:15 - Mar 4 by Rangersw12

Pathetic batting performance again and they haven't seemed to have learnt anything. Getting out to a non spinning spinner again !!

India will make 300 and then bowl us out cheaply to win by 10 wickets

Fair play to Jimmy though just a fantatsic bowler

Jimmy's figures, 5 overs, 5 maidens, 1 wicket are totally unworldly. GOAT.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Creeket is back on 12:25 - Mar 4 with 1948 viewsted_hendrix

Jimmy was also our 5th highest scoring batsman with 10 runs not out.

Legend.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Creeket is back on 12:55 - Mar 4 with 1930 viewsstowmarketrange

Creeket is back on 12:25 - Mar 4 by ted_hendrix

Jimmy was also our 5th highest scoring batsman with 10 runs not out.

Legend.

I think that makes him an all rounder now.
Creeket is back on 08:23 - Mar 5 with 1870 viewsRangersw12

Excellent fightback by the bowlers this morning

Jimmy once again world class in all conditions
Creeket is back on 10:54 - Mar 5 with 1833 viewsRangersw12

A fantastic match winning innings from Pant although he was plumb before tea IMO
Creeket is back on 11:04 - Mar 5 with 1809 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

That innings from Pant is match winning. Held himself back to get properly in, tired out the bowlers, capitalised off the bad balls and then took it to the tired attack. Superb.
The lead is really getting away from us now, we need a counter attacking innings of our own to have any hope in this, sadly I think it's gone after a brilliant morning session from England.
Login to get fewer ads

Creeket is back on 12:41 - Mar 5 with 1738 viewsNov77

Creeket is back on 11:04 - Mar 5 by BlackAndGoldRanger

That innings from Pant is match winning. Held himself back to get properly in, tired out the bowlers, capitalised off the bad balls and then took it to the tired attack. Superb.
The lead is really getting away from us now, we need a counter attacking innings of our own to have any hope in this, sadly I think it's gone after a brilliant morning session from England.

Just can’t see our openers doing anything, fully expecting 30 for 3 again.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Creeket is back on 13:35 - Mar 5 with 1706 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Creeket is back on 12:41 - Mar 5 by Nov77

Me too. Would love Crawley to come out and play like the last test (1st innings) or even get some runs from the lower order quickly.
Creeket is back on 07:30 - Mar 6 with 1631 viewsstowmarketrange

Here we go again.An innings defeat this time probably.
Creeket is back on 09:17 - Mar 6 with 1576 viewsdenhamhoop2

Creeket is back on 11:04 - Mar 5 by BlackAndGoldRanger

Think he was massively helped by some appalling captaining by Root starting the after tea session with himself and Bess surely a couple of overs from Jimmy or Stokes and Leach the other end attack batsmen after breaks not gift them easy runs to get their eye in
Creeket is back on 09:19 - Mar 6 with 1575 viewsdenhamhoop2

Creeket is back on 12:41 - Mar 5 by Nov77

Think it's a bit unfair on Crawley as he is a Number 3 not an opener mind the way we have batted it wouldn't make any difference Root might as well be an opener
Creeket is back on 09:47 - Mar 6 with 1542 viewsjohnhoop

Thank feck there isn’t a fifth test.
Creeket is back on 09:53 - Mar 6 with 1535 viewsted_hendrix

Creeket is back on 09:19 - Mar 6 by denhamhoop2

Think it's a bit unfair on Crawley as he is a Number 3 not an opener mind the way we have batted it wouldn't make any difference Root might as well be an opener

I might as well be an opener.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Creeket is back on 11:47 - Mar 6 with 1468 viewsRangersw12

Very disappointing again but fair play to India they're unstoppable once they get on top in their own conditions

Be interesting to see what the pitch will be like for the test championship final at Lords.
Creeket is back on 11:55 - Mar 6 with 1464 viewsstowmarketrange

Creeket is back on 11:47 - Mar 6 by Rangersw12

Very disappointing again but fair play to India they're unstoppable once they get on top in their own conditions

Be interesting to see what the pitch will be like for the test championship final at Lords.

They lost by an innings and 159 runs the last time they played a test match at Lords in 2018.That was on lyo part of a series that they lost 4-1 to us.
It seems they’re as bad in our conditions as we are in theirs.
Creeket is back on 14:01 - Mar 6 with 1415 viewsThe_Beast1976

Creeket is back on 11:55 - Mar 6 by stowmarketrange

They lost by an innings and 159 runs the last time they played a test match at Lords in 2018.That was on lyo part of a series that they lost 4-1 to us.

New Zealand should be red hot favs to stuff 'em. I'll be going (if crowds permitted) to support the Kiwis
Creeket is back on 14:29 - Mar 6 with 1386 viewsqprd

Creeket is back on 11:55 - Mar 6 by stowmarketrange

I disagree

4-1 was highly flattering to England. India probably shouldve won the Edgbaston test, the Rose bowl test was a 50/50 and India couldve rescued a draw at the Oval. India got hammered at Lords (thanks in part to terrible selection by Kohli, where he shockingly picked 2 spinners on a green top), but they also hammered England in Nottingham. The difference in that series was sam currans heroic knocks and kohlis failure to take india over the line with his batting in edgbaston and rose bowl

Kohli's batting that series was unreal- when everyone else was failing consistently, he scored 600 runs (with 2 centuries and a 97) in conditions that Cook described as the hard hed experienced in England. Steve Smiths 2019 ashes overshadows Kohlis 2018 tour, but it was truly otherworldly and established him as the worlds no 1 batsman at that time (kane is probably world no 1 across all formats today)

What makes India so good right now is that they have a team that can win in all conditions. In home and any other spinning conditions, they are hard to beat. If you want to play on bouncy tracks in Australia, they have fast bowlers who can bowl 90mph. it was odd in 2018 seeing indian fast bowlers actually consistently hitting australians on the helmet w short stuff. if you want to gamble with a green top like england did in lords at 2014, india can counter that with siraj bumrah and shami.... the reason india was able to gamble with these spinning tracks was b/c englands spinners were nowhere near good enough. india wouldnt have gone with these pitches if the bowlers were swann and panesar

the last frontier for this particular indian team will be winning a series in england.... i dont think they will do it this summer bc kohli is clearly in terminal decline- he has been since england 2018, and the media are finally catching on to it... guys like rahane and pujara are also not delivering, and i think indian management should start thinking about some of the really talented young batsman who are being blocked by them, like prithvi shaw, kl rahul and mayank agarwal
Creeket is back on 14:51 - Mar 6 with 1352 viewsstowmarketrange

Creeket is back on 14:29 - Mar 6 by qprd

I disagree

4-1 was highly flattering to England. India probably shouldve won the Edgbaston test, the Rose bowl test was a 50/50 and India couldve rescued a draw at the Oval. India got hammered at Lords (thanks in part to terrible selection by Kohli, where he shockingly picked 2 spinners on a green top), but they also hammered England in Nottingham. The difference in that series was sam currans heroic knocks and kohlis failure to take india over the line with his batting in edgbaston and rose bowl

Kohli's batting that series was unreal- when everyone else was failing consistently, he scored 600 runs (with 2 centuries and a 97) in conditions that Cook described as the hard hed experienced in England. Steve Smiths 2019 ashes overshadows Kohlis 2018 tour, but it was truly otherworldly and established him as the worlds no 1 batsman at that time (kane is probably world no 1 across all formats today)

What makes India so good right now is that they have a team that can win in all conditions. In home and any other spinning conditions, they are hard to beat. If you want to play on bouncy tracks in Australia, they have fast bowlers who can bowl 90mph. it was odd in 2018 seeing indian fast bowlers actually consistently hitting australians on the helmet w short stuff. if you want to gamble with a green top like england did in lords at 2014, india can counter that with siraj bumrah and shami.... the reason india was able to gamble with these spinning tracks was b/c englands spinners were nowhere near good enough. india wouldnt have gone with these pitches if the bowlers were swann and panesar

the last frontier for this particular indian team will be winning a series in england.... i dont think they will do it this summer bc kohli is clearly in terminal decline- he has been since england 2018, and the media are finally catching on to it... guys like rahane and pujara are also not delivering, and i think indian management should start thinking about some of the really talented young batsman who are being blocked by them, like prithvi shaw, kl rahul and mayank agarwal

How many test series have India won in England then mate?And if Kohli hadn’t scored so many runs in 2018,how would’ve you performed?
Root started like a train in this series,but even he couldn’t cope with the bowlers in the end,and we had very little else to cover if he failed.
We were outplayed in the last 3 tests and the best team won,but India have never performed well in our conditions either.
Creeket is back on 16:12 - Mar 6 with 1296 viewsqprd

Creeket is back on 14:51 - Mar 6 by stowmarketrange

How many test series have India won in England then mate?And if Kohli hadn’t scored so many runs in 2018,how would’ve you performed?
Root started like a train in this series,but even he couldn’t cope with the bowlers in the end,and we had very little else to cover if he failed.
We were outplayed in the last 3 tests and the best team won,but India have never performed well in our conditions either.

i dont think past series are relevant b/c this is clearly indias best ever test side... india had never won a test series in aus (and had only won 5 tests in aus in their history), but india won the last two series in australia...

if we do look at the history, india has won quite a few test series in england (2002, 2006, to name a few) and theyve also drawn quite a few series and lost others by only 1 test... lots of indian batsmen like rahul dravid, sunil gavaskar and dilip vengsarkar have great records in england...

my point on the 4-1 was that if you actually look at that series, the final series score didnt reflect how close that series was. india lost all the close matches, but it couldve been 2-1 to india. obviously, india lost all those matches, but that 4-1 was nowhere like the drubbing this 3-1 series loss was for england

but again, past record is irrelevant b/c india has never had such a balanced pace bowling attack and most of the guys who will feature in this summers series have only played a handful of tests in england

as for kohlis runs in 2018, no one scored runs in 2018, other than kohli and sam curran that series... there were a few odd good innings like cook at oval, woakes at lords and rahul and pant at oval, but everyone else was consistently failing
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 16:17]
Creeket is back on 16:22 - Mar 6 with 1286 viewsstowmarketrange

Creeket is back on 16:12 - Mar 6 by qprd

i dont think past series are relevant b/c this is clearly indias best ever test side... india had never won a test series in aus (and had only won 5 tests in aus in their history), but india won the last two series in australia...

if we do look at the history, india has won quite a few test series in england (2002, 2006, to name a few) and theyve also drawn quite a few series and lost others by only 1 test... lots of indian batsmen like rahul dravid, sunil gavaskar and dilip vengsarkar have great records in england...

my point on the 4-1 was that if you actually look at that series, the final series score didnt reflect how close that series was. india lost all the close matches, but it couldve been 2-1 to india. obviously, india lost all those matches, but that 4-1 was nowhere like the drubbing this 3-1 series loss was for england

but again, past record is irrelevant b/c india has never had such a balanced pace bowling attack and most of the guys who will feature in this summers series have only played a handful of tests in england

as for kohlis runs in 2018, no one scored runs in 2018, other than kohli and sam curran that series... there were a few odd good innings like cook at oval, woakes at lords and rahul and pant at oval, but everyone else was consistently failing

I’ll have to bow to your superior memory mate as I can barely remember what happened in Sri Lanka only a couple of months ago.But if you win the series in England next time we play here I’ll have to agree with you about this being your best team ever.
I just googled the 2002 series and it finished 1-1.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 16:41]
Creeket is back on 19:46 - Mar 7 with 1168 viewsCamberleyR

Creeket is back on 16:12 - Mar 6 by qprd

India has won three test series in England; 1971, 1986 & 2007
Their overall record in England is England 34 India 7. There have been a few series whitewashes amongst those results though.

They didn't win a single test until 1971 but slightly understandable as English conditions were pretty alien to them until overseas players began to play in the county championship from the late 60s onwards. Wasn't there that famous time Fred Trueman once had them 1 for 5 at Headingley in the 50s? And of course the infamous 42 all out at Lords in 1974.

As a comparison, England have won four test series in India 33/34, 76/77, 84/85 and 12/13. The overall record in India after the current series is India 22 - 14 England.

Up until this year, there had not usually been much in the series taking place in India, India invariably winning by the odd test with India getting a whitewash in 92/93 (3-0) and a 4-0 from five matches in 16/17.

So overall, I think we can say that both countries find it hard winning in each other's countries.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 21:03]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Creeket is back on 20:50 - Mar 7 with 1140 viewsdenhamhoop2

I would imagine this years forthcoming series will see a series of Green tops as England will fancy their chances in a battle between seamers with Woakes and Curran playing in an all seam attack. Tend to think some of the Indian batsmen might have a problem with the moving ball. As for the World Championship game if it's a draw does that automatically make New Zealand champions as number 1 seeds.
Creeket is back on 08:17 - Mar 8 with 1077 viewsBlackCrowe

[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 8:18]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024