Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock & Uncs 08:36 - Jan 20 with 2439 viewsHastings_Hoops

With a heavy heart that we have to accept that BOS won’t be featuring for us any more, but as a few of my previous posts my opinion is hat Adomah has proved to be far more dangerous in his cameo performances. Others have seen huge potential in Willock.

I’m looking forward to seeing what happens now that QPR is accidentally in a position of having to play them - my suspicion is noticeably more rounded team performances and more genuine chance creation in dangerous positions rather than running at brick walls.
Willock & Uncs on 08:56 - Jan 20 with 2359 viewsgazza1

I do not think that we just 'write off' BOS now that he has moving to another club. We are paying his wages until then so he still has a job to do. I know he may not be as committed but I would suggest that if his attitude is right then he will be selected and MW and his team will decide on that. Perhaps, he may think that he wants us to remember him as a good lad, fully committed to the cause......I don't know.
Willock & Uncs on 09:08 - Jan 20 with 2320 viewsBlue_Castello

Willock & Uncs on 08:56 - Jan 20 by gazza1

I do not think that we just 'write off' BOS now that he has moving to another club. We are paying his wages until then so he still has a job to do. I know he may not be as committed but I would suggest that if his attitude is right then he will be selected and MW and his team will decide on that. Perhaps, he may think that he wants us to remember him as a good lad, fully committed to the cause......I don't know.

Guess you missed yesterday's WLS article which basically said he's not going to be considered for selection any more, his career with the Rs is over.
Willock & Uncs on 09:14 - Jan 20 with 2305 viewsQPROslo

Willock & Uncs on 09:08 - Jan 20 by Blue_Castello

Guess you missed yesterday's WLS article which basically said he's not going to be considered for selection any more, his career with the Rs is over.

But later yesterday another WLS article quotes Warburton as saying he is still a QPR player and available for selection until someone tells him otherwise.
Willock & Uncs on 09:21 - Jan 20 with 2273 viewsHunterhoop

I want to see Adomah start now. His composure and final ball are the best of our attacking wide players and I think both those traits are what the team needs. It’ll also suit Austin.

Yes, Adomah doesn’t quite look up to full sharpness/fitness, and he may have lost a yard. But in the very few minutes he’s played, he’s created a lot of chances. His last two sub appearances he set up for BOS for an open goal and Bonne for his goal. We need someone to put goals on a plate. We make it look hard enough to score as it is.

Willock has potential, yes. He’s on an upward curve, but he’s the one I’d be bringing on for the last 20-30 mins for now until we start to see end product.
Willock & Uncs on 09:22 - Jan 20 with 2270 viewsgazza1

Willock & Uncs on 09:08 - Jan 20 by Blue_Castello

No didnt see it.......
Willock & Uncs on 09:24 - Jan 20 with 2256 viewsgazza1

Willock & Uncs on 09:21 - Jan 20 by Hunterhoop

I want to see Adomah start now. His composure and final ball are the best of our attacking wide players and I think both those traits are what the team needs. It’ll also suit Austin.

Yes, Adomah doesn’t quite look up to full sharpness/fitness, and he may have lost a yard. But in the very few minutes he’s played, he’s created a lot of chances. His last two sub appearances he set up for BOS for an open goal and Bonne for his goal. We need someone to put goals on a plate. We make it look hard enough to score as it is.

Willock has potential, yes. He’s on an upward curve, but he’s the one I’d be bringing on for the last 20-30 mins for now until we start to see end product.

Would you start him ahead of BOS if BOS has a positive head on??
Willock & Uncs on 09:29 - Jan 20 with 2229 viewsChrisNW6

Will BOS be available for the play offs?
Willock & Uncs on 09:29 - Jan 20 with 2224 viewsBlue_Castello

Willock & Uncs on 09:14 - Jan 20 by QPROslo

But later yesterday another WLS article quotes Warburton as saying he is still a QPR player and available for selection until someone tells him otherwise.

Thanks I hadn't seen that will have a look later, we are all guessing what's going on, I'm sure the club are p@ssed off with the whole saga particularly finding out via Twitter that a pre contract deal had been done, I'm sure they are trying to wrap up a deal so he moves in January now, best for all parties that we move on.
Login to get fewer ads

Willock & Uncs on 09:32 - Jan 20 with 2199 viewsstevec

Well if we’re going to play 3 at the back, which I hope we do, then BOS is an absolute essential unless we get in someone who can genuinely replace him.

Willock won’t be able to play the defensive side of that roll full stop. Adomah possibly but, at his age and fitness, it’s doubtful.
Willock & Uncs on 09:40 - Jan 20 with 2169 viewsgazza1

I think it is a pretty easy conversation between MW & BOS - something like.....'Do you want to play, if selected, whilst your contract runs down and will you give it 100%'?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 9:41]
Willock & Uncs on 09:44 - Jan 20 with 2136 viewsDavieQPR

People who want to see Adomah or Willock might be forgetting that Samuel has played at WB lately. Willock is too lightweight for this role and has Adomah got the energy levels required for this role?
Willock & Uncs on 09:44 - Jan 20 with 2132 viewsfrancisbowles

I didn't think it would work with BOS as LWB but it did because he has tremendous strength and pace. I don't think Adomah or Willock can match either of these attributes so, if we are going to select one of them, I think we need to move back to a back four and go 442 with Dykes and Austin up top and Adomah and Chair wide with Cameron and Carroll in the middle.

If we want to stay with 352, then Hamalainen would be the best option at lwb, unless De Wijs, who I haven't seen, is ready to start and can play that role or he plays lcb and Barbet moves further left.
Willock & Uncs on 09:54 - Jan 20 with 2097 viewsgazza1

I have just read Norf's Cardiff's report......so BOS will not be playing for the R's again!! Shocked and saddened tbh. Wish I knew that sort of 'insider information'.
Willock & Uncs on 10:23 - Jan 20 with 1986 viewsmarkqpr

We miss last season's pre lockdown BOS. He checked out a long time ago.

Chair has been far more prolific in delivering dangerous crosses into the box and now Charlie's back to show Dykes and Bonne how to get on the end of them, something they haven't really managed this season, it's more pressing to set up to make sure Chair still has the freedom to drift behind the frontline.

For me with Uncle and Willock one will start the other will replace him on 60mins and so far Uncle seems to be more effective but Willock is showing a lot of potential.

It's frustrating that Uncle is not up to 90mins yet, but him and Willock are an either/or for me at the moment.

Both now have an opportunity to cement themselves a place in the side. Hopefully one will step up and seize the chance.
Willock & Uncs on 10:24 - Jan 20 with 1983 viewsHastings_Hoops

Willock & Uncs on 09:24 - Jan 20 by gazza1

Would you start him ahead of BOS if BOS has a positive head on??

...personally yes - I’ve said as much in other posts before BOS confirmed his departure.

I have the same frustrations with BOS as I had with Andy Impey at times... tends to run into blind alleys and snatch at crosses. Adomah is a far more composed presence and his final ball has proved to be more clinical this season.

Introducing Austin and Uncs to a young team will be valuable
Willock & Uncs on 10:32 - Jan 20 with 1958 viewsbosh67

With Charlie back up front I'd have Albert starting every game. Got to have real experience on that pitch and also a player who can put it on a sixpence for Charlie and Albert can do that all day long.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Willock & Uncs on 10:57 - Jan 20 with 1926 viewsdaveB

think it's more likely Niko will come back in as left wing back than Wilock or Adomah
Willock & Uncs on 11:13 - Jan 20 with 1860 viewsjohncharles

Willock & Uncs on 08:56 - Jan 20 by gazza1

But his attitude is obviously NOT right

Strong and stable my arse.

Willock & Uncs on 11:31 - Jan 20 with 1814 viewsBklynRanger

Willock & Uncs on 10:57 - Jan 20 by daveB

think it's more likely Niko will come back in as left wing back than Wilock or Adomah

True. He started well when he got his chance iirc. Needs to try to get back to that. (Obviously).

Don't know if I agree with a couple of others about Willock lacking physical strength. Not as strong as BOS but he seems to have a bit of that Eze quality of using his body well.

The problem is neither he nor Albert have the engine for 90 mins it seems so would a job share. Not impossible though. We must find a way to get Adomah's crossing into this team.
Willock & Uncs on 13:01 - Jan 20 with 1666 viewsgazza1

Willock & Uncs on 11:13 - Jan 20 by johncharles

But his attitude is obviously NOT right

Well, I look at his last game at Luton - imho, he was part of a very good performance. He has two of Norf's MOM performances for the season so he is doing something right and high in the ranking for the season. So I do not concur that his attitude is not right, he would be getting plenty of abuse from his teammates if he was not 'pulling his weight'.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 13:21]
Willock & Uncs on 13:15 - Jan 20 with 1598 viewsdavman

Willock & Uncs on 13:01 - Jan 20 by gazza1

Well, I look at his last game at Luton - imho, he was part of a very good performance. He has two of Norf's MOM performances for the season so he is doing something right and high in the ranking for the season. So I do not concur that his attitude is not right, he would be getting plenty of abuse from his teammates if he was not 'pulling his weight'.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 13:21]

Must say I agree with this.

His impact has been far greater than that from a significant number of our squad, although that may be down to capability rather than attitude or effort. It is a sad indictment of this squad that a half assed BOS is still one of our better players...

I guess he's gone now and not worth thinking about although flip around Warbsy may yet still find an excuse to play him...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Willock & Uncs on 13:53 - Jan 20 with 1479 viewsDubaiR

Probably unpopular but:

His performance against Luton was ok, but quite selfish. Compare to the right side or even Barbet and Kane.

BOS was always out for himself IMO, whereas the others looked to get early balls in to the box, just what Dykes and Charlie need.

BOS was often trying to beat his man, cut back and either beat again or shoot.

I could be very wrong but would imagine if you were Charlie or Dykes this would be very frustrating.

I like him but is future isn't with us, he has been playing for himself this season so our replacement may not be as good individually but hopefully more of a team player.
Willock & Uncs on 14:00 - Jan 20 with 1460 viewssimmo

Willock & Uncs on 10:57 - Jan 20 by daveB

Exactly this

Also interesting to see if there's a reaction from Niko, after being dropped for a RW... Assuming of course a LB/LWB isn't on our list of players we're signing this month and that somebody can enforce the idea that Wallace should never be an option.

As for the wingers, we've not really been playing with them anyway since the move to a back 3 and it sounds as though we're going to work towards making Austin & Dykes a partnership. That said, Adomah, Willock and in a pinch, Chair are all capable of playing the wide positions. I assume we might recall Shodipo too, once Bright is def gone?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024