Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 term managers 12:12 - Jan 21 with 5226 viewsLongsufferingR

Now that it looks likely that MW will complete a second full season in charge, who was the last manager to complete that outrageous feat?
2 term managers on 12:13 - Jan 21 with 3863 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I was going to say Warnock but it's not is it? Two half seasons and a full one.

Ian Holloway or Gerry Francis is my guess.
2 term managers on 12:14 - Jan 21 with 3856 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Holloway Mark 1 and before that Gerry Mark 1.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 12:14]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

2 term managers on 12:14 - Jan 21 with 3849 viewsloftboy

Jim smith did 3 years

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

2 term managers on 12:16 - Jan 21 with 3826 viewsLongsufferingR

2 term managers on 12:14 - Jan 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Holloway Mark 1 and before that Gerry Mark 1.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 12:14]

Long time ago!!
2 term managers on 12:24 - Jan 21 with 3771 viewsgolborne

Holloway Series 1 'the tough years' - how i dragged my arse down there every week...
2 term managers on 12:50 - Jan 21 with 3665 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Harry Kneecap did over 2 years, but across 3 seasons...
2 term managers on 13:13 - Jan 21 with 3596 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

2 term managers on 12:24 - Jan 21 by golborne

Holloway Series 1 'the tough years' - how i dragged my arse down there every week...

Opinions eh.

Impending financial doom aside that was the best season of my life! Loved every second of it! No egos, fans playing for the club, and atmosphere at games I’ve rarely seen since.
2 term managers on 13:25 - Jan 21 with 3545 viewsPinnerPaul

2 term managers on 13:13 - Jan 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Opinions eh.

Impending financial doom aside that was the best season of my life! Loved every second of it! No egos, fans playing for the club, and atmosphere at games I’ve rarely seen since.

and the buckets, don't forget the buckets!
Login to get fewer ads

2 term managers on 14:12 - Jan 21 with 3470 viewshantssi

Opinions eh.

Apart from 75/76 that was the most I’ve enjoyed following the R’s especially at LR but away too.
2 term managers on 14:14 - Jan 21 with 3464 viewsNorthernr

Steady, get beat by Derby on Saturday then lose the week after away to high flying Watford and it'll be Warburton Out all over again.
2 term managers on 14:21 - Jan 21 with 3432 viewsbosh67

I really think Warburton understands the financial position of the club and can deal with that far better than any other manager we could bring in.

He understands finances and has a bigger personal fortune than Fernandes from his city trading days so he's not here for the money.When things were bad a week or so ago fans were saying he would sit here and take the money to get pushed but it's peanuts compared to what he has. He's only here because he feels he can do something long term to turn the club's fortunes around.

Who knows, he could end up being the eventual owner of the club as well!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

2 term managers on 14:22 - Jan 21 with 3425 viewsTomS

Opinions eh.

I'm reminded of the Monty Python sketch where the self-made Yorkshiremen are chatting after a formal dinner.

Sure, we didn't have a pot to p1ss in, but we were the happiest fans alive.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:27]
2 term managers on 14:23 - Jan 21 with 3416 viewsflynnbo

2 term managers on 14:14 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Steady, get beat by Derby on Saturday then lose the week after away to high flying Watford and it'll be Warburton Out all over again.

Indeed, where are all those posters demanding his dismissal? Haven't seen many now that we've won two on the spin and away games and clean sheets to boot? Surely, they have the grace to give credit where credit's due?
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:28]
2 term managers on 14:27 - Jan 21 with 3400 viewsNorthernr

2 term managers on 14:23 - Jan 21 by flynnbo

Indeed, where are all those posters demanding his dismissal? Haven't seen many now that we've won two on the spin and away games and clean sheets to boot? Surely, they have the grace to give credit where credit's due?

Achieved after Mr No Plan B switched the formation to a three at the back.
2 term managers on 14:44 - Jan 21 with 3342 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I was one of them only a month ago, and I hope I've given Warburton plenty credit. I think he's done really well to turn things around and I couldn't be happier that he has.

I never believed that he had/has no Plan B, my worry was that his Plan B always involved us losing midfield and consequently made us worse. The current system has rectified that.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 15:19]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

2 term managers on 14:50 - Jan 21 with 3319 viewsBoston

2 term managers on 12:14 - Jan 21 by loftboy

Jim smith did 3 years

Should’ve done five for Wembley.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

2 term managers on 15:01 - Jan 21 with 3286 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

There you go again.

There's something about journalists. They feel the need to peddle anxiety at every available opportunity.

Perhaps you are the true leader of the sack the manager cult?
2 term managers on 15:18 - Jan 21 with 3252 viewsMyke

I'd say just a defeat to Derby should be enough to make some natives restless
2 term managers on 15:19 - Jan 21 with 3247 viewsdaveB

I don't think he's safe yet, two good results but only takes 2 bad results to be back in trouble
2 term managers on 15:24 - Jan 21 with 3223 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

2 term managers on 13:25 - Jan 21 by PinnerPaul

and the buckets, don't forget the buckets!

I’m sure they enjoyed it too.

2 term managers on 15:29 - Jan 21 with 3201 viewsRangersw12

I wasn't one of them but we were on a poor run and I could see why people wanted him out

I do think there needs be some sort of review in the summer regarding the DOF role and if we're using it correctly as the Austin signing showed the recruitment hasn't worked
2 term managers on 15:40 - Jan 21 with 3166 viewsCLAREMAN1995

2 term managers on 14:50 - Jan 21 by Boston

Should’ve done five for Wembley.

Very funny Boston but in all fairness it was the players who played like dogs that day and some have admitted it such was the disappointment.
I on the other hand loved the occasion (despite the outcome ) and still look back on that day with some enjoyment.
Of course it was such a wasted opportunity and we never came close again and probably wont
2 term managers on 15:43 - Jan 21 with 3153 viewsdaveB

2 term managers on 15:29 - Jan 21 by Rangersw12

I wasn't one of them but we were on a poor run and I could see why people wanted him out

I do think there needs be some sort of review in the summer regarding the DOF role and if we're using it correctly as the Austin signing showed the recruitment hasn't worked

I think it's too early to say if the recruitment didn't work. Bonne and Dykes both been good the last 2 games, Dickie having a good season. Wilock looks promising as well

I think we could do everything at the club better than we're currently doing. We have the basis of a decent side but need to get this window right to build on it
2 term managers on 16:09 - Jan 21 with 3108 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

2 term managers on 15:43 - Jan 21 by daveB

I think it's too early to say if the recruitment didn't work. Bonne and Dykes both been good the last 2 games, Dickie having a good season. Wilock looks promising as well

I think we could do everything at the club better than we're currently doing. We have the basis of a decent side but need to get this window right to build on it

Read somewhere that Bonne has the best goals / assists ratio for a substitute striker in the league.
2 term managers on 20:59 - Jan 21 with 3006 viewsCiderwithRsie

2 term managers on 14:44 - Jan 21 by BrianMcCarthy

I was one of them only a month ago, and I hope I've given Warburton plenty credit. I think he's done really well to turn things around and I couldn't be happier that he has.

I never believed that he had/has no Plan B, my worry was that his Plan B always involved us losing midfield and consequently made us worse. The current system has rectified that.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 15:19]

I won't mention names, but quite a few respected posters on here got very concerned earlier, with good reason IMO; nearly all them have praised him within reason for the last few results. I'm a bit of a happy-clapper myself but I have no problem with any of that at all.

There are a few other posters who were very critical in the post-lockdown games last season and were straight on his case at the first opportunity this year. I'm a lot less impressed with that, partly because a lot of them have also been on the case of virtually every manager we've had since Warnock.

Weirdly I don't remember this being such an issue in the Tango and Cash years, maybe because they sacked 'em faster than we could get p*ssed off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024