Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning 15:47 - Feb 25 with 4568 viewsbosh67

I am sure people will say who cares but noticed he has only had 5 starts this season for Swansea. I know he left under strange contractual or non contractual circumstances but it seems to be that his agent has got him more money for not having much of a career anymore. I wonder why so many players and agents want to leave only to find they don't really play elsewhere.

I liked Manning and thought he was excellent for us.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Manning on 15:53 - Feb 25 with 3592 viewsdanehoop

Without wishing to start another Manning thread, but now an ex-player. Moved on for what we can only assume were largely financial reasons. In some respect Swansealona's league position and current form suggests he did the right thing career wise and financially. But, the lack of first team starts must bother him and that it is clear that he is currently seen merely as a cover player, rather than an automatic choice.

Don't wish him ill, but we've moved on.

Never knowingly understood

Manning on 18:39 - Feb 25 with 3285 viewsMyke

Yessssss another Manning thread - at long last!!
Manning on 18:45 - Feb 25 with 3248 viewssimmo

Brian was saying to me just the other day how much he misses Manning...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Manning on 18:59 - Feb 25 with 3193 viewsbosh67

Manning on 18:45 - Feb 25 by simmo

My point is you look at Manning and the invisible Luke Freeman and you wonder if 'the money' really is everything?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Manning on 19:27 - Feb 25 with 3117 viewsdaveB

it was such an odd move, did nothing for his career and left us a lot weaker.
Manning on 19:44 - Feb 25 with 3070 viewsted_hendrix

Who?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Manning on 21:32 - Feb 25 with 2907 viewsswisscottage

It will be a lost season for him at a time when he needs to be playing.

If Swansea get promoted he'll be straight out on loan to a championship club if he's lucky, or sitting in the stiffs with a completely stalled career.

His agent really didn't do him any favours at all.
Manning on 08:31 - Feb 26 with 2629 viewsgazza1

You need to remember that people go to work to earn money & as much as possible, well i did anyways, and that is why Manning left the Rangers. To earn a lot of money compared with what he did earn.

It is a job, he is not a QPR supporter like we are. He probably doesn't care if he plays football. The key is that he brings home a big packet for 3, 4, 5 years to ensure his life is luxury.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 8:32]
Login to get fewer ads

Manning on 08:59 - Feb 26 with 2558 viewsMalintabuk

Manning on 08:31 - Feb 26 by gazza1

You need to remember that people go to work to earn money & as much as possible, well i did anyways, and that is why Manning left the Rangers. To earn a lot of money compared with what he did earn.

It is a job, he is not a QPR supporter like we are. He probably doesn't care if he plays football. The key is that he brings home a big packet for 3, 4, 5 years to ensure his life is luxury.

Can't really add to that.... spot on
Manning on 09:35 - Feb 26 with 2496 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Manning on 18:45 - Feb 25 by simmo

Hey! My crying was supposed to be between you and me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Manning on 09:38 - Feb 26 with 2488 viewsMyke

Manning on 08:31 - Feb 26 by gazza1

Very true, not just on Manning, but the majority of players. I remember the out-pouring of angst a few years ago when Zamora said he didn't like football and would never watch it after he retired. It was like he had committed some cardinal sin, yet how many of us have had jobs that we didn't enjoy? I know I've had a few.
Manning on 10:44 - Feb 26 with 2414 viewsswisscottage

Manning on 09:38 - Feb 26 by Myke

Very true, not just on Manning, but the majority of players. I remember the out-pouring of angst a few years ago when Zamora said he didn't like football and would never watch it after he retired. It was like he had committed some cardinal sin, yet how many of us have had jobs that we didn't enjoy? I know I've had a few.

Just because Zamora wasn't a football fan and didn't enjoy watching football, doesn't mean he he didn't enjoy playing football, it also doesn't mean he didn't have a sense of professional pride in what he did. Don't lump him in with the Boswnkrs of the world

I dare say by the time he came to us he'd made more than enough to retire, but he actually played through pain for us with a persistent hip injury. He wasn't phoning it in like some others in that side.

Lots of us do jobs we enjoy, doesn't mean we want to watch someone else doing it.

People enjoy playing computer games in their spare time, doesn't mean they all want to watch someone else playing games on twitch.

One of the main reasons Manning wanted out from QPR is he'd been messed about by the club under Holloway and McLaren, and he just wanted out. He wanted to play in those two season, but he was loaned and hardly picked when he was probably good enough to get in the side. That doesn't smack to me of a player who's happy to sit on his backside picking up a pay check at Swansea... he's probably not on a huge amount more than he was offered to stay at QPR.
QPR forced a year on his contract when he was already looking elsewhere. Just because we're less than enamoured of him due to the way he left the club, doesn't mean he was a waste of space. It was Warburtons decision not to play him when his contract was running out, not Manning's.. from all accounts he put in a fair shift when playing for the stiffs.
Manning on 11:13 - Feb 26 with 2364 viewsSouthCoastR

Manning on 10:44 - Feb 26 by swisscottage

Just because Zamora wasn't a football fan and didn't enjoy watching football, doesn't mean he he didn't enjoy playing football, it also doesn't mean he didn't have a sense of professional pride in what he did. Don't lump him in with the Boswnkrs of the world

I dare say by the time he came to us he'd made more than enough to retire, but he actually played through pain for us with a persistent hip injury. He wasn't phoning it in like some others in that side.

Lots of us do jobs we enjoy, doesn't mean we want to watch someone else doing it.

People enjoy playing computer games in their spare time, doesn't mean they all want to watch someone else playing games on twitch.

One of the main reasons Manning wanted out from QPR is he'd been messed about by the club under Holloway and McLaren, and he just wanted out. He wanted to play in those two season, but he was loaned and hardly picked when he was probably good enough to get in the side. That doesn't smack to me of a player who's happy to sit on his backside picking up a pay check at Swansea... he's probably not on a huge amount more than he was offered to stay at QPR.
QPR forced a year on his contract when he was already looking elsewhere. Just because we're less than enamoured of him due to the way he left the club, doesn't mean he was a waste of space. It was Warburtons decision not to play him when his contract was running out, not Manning's.. from all accounts he put in a fair shift when playing for the stiffs.

Do we actually know for sure that he wanted out for those reasons?

Got to be on more money at Swansea and its very likely that he will get a raise if they get promoted to the Prem.

Based on that its a good move for him, 2 or 3 years on even a low end premiership wage should put him in a decent position financially
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 11:14]
Manning on 11:21 - Feb 26 with 2346 viewskensalriser

Strange he can’t get in the side ahead of Bidwell considering that according to QPR fans he’s a much better player.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Manning on 11:28 - Feb 26 with 2334 viewsMyke

You either completely mis-read my comment or chose to be selective to make your own point. Stick to the facts. I never suggested Zamora was anything less than professional - just as I was when doing work I didn't enjoy
And if you had read any of my (numerous) comments on Manning, you would know I was a fan, who felt he had been poorly treated by the club
Manning on 11:36 - Feb 26 with 2307 viewsgolborne

And just at a time when we switched to a system that would suit him down to the ground.
Would love to see that left foot and dogged running added back into the team at the minute. But will take nothing away from Wallace, cos if nothing else he’s a trier. He tries to apply the same engine, albeit running on 2 stroke, and isn’t half as bad as some try to imply.
That said, he was empty from the start of the game on Weds, so we might see a change there on Saturday
Manning on 13:32 - Feb 26 with 2176 viewsgazza1

Re the last para of your post, Do you really think that Swiss.......

If QPR had offered him a proper contract worth a big wage packet plus a large signing on fee I am confident that he would have stayed here. If he really wanted to play I would suggest that he would have spoken to the Swansea Manager and asked if he was going to be first choice - obviously he was not and is not first choice, one of our boys (who in my opinion was a 6/7/8 every week and available most weeks) that got so much grief from Loft for Words posters is keeping him out of the side every week!!!

It says to me that money, money and more money was the prime reason for leaving QPR.

PS - I would suggest that he had doubled his wages by moving plus a very good signing on fee plus big bonuses for getting promotion to the Premiership.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 13:32]
Manning on 13:37 - Feb 26 with 2157 viewssimmo

Manning on 13:32 - Feb 26 by gazza1

If QPR had offered him a proper contract worth a big wage packet plus a large signing on fee I am confident that he would have stayed here. If he really wanted to play I would suggest that he would have spoken to the Swansea Manager and asked if he was going to be first choice - obviously he was not and is not first choice, one of our boys (who in my opinion was a 6/7/8 every week and available most weeks) that got so much grief from Loft for Words posters is keeping him out of the side every week!!!

It says to me that money, money and more money was the prime reason for leaving QPR.

PS - I would suggest that he had doubled his wages by moving plus a very good signing on fee plus big bonuses for getting promotion to the Premiership.

It doesn't happen often, but I think I agree with Gaz....

I am confident he wanted to leave by the end and his agent did him no favours, but he def got a big salary increase and sign fee for going Swansea. He would have 100% been a more regular starter here so in the end I think it's about money and being at a club with a better chance of promotion - whether he's involved or not.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Manning on 13:41 - Feb 26 with 2143 viewsgazza1

Manning on 13:37 - Feb 26 by simmo

It doesn't happen often, but I think I agree with Gaz....

I am confident he wanted to leave by the end and his agent did him no favours, but he def got a big salary increase and sign fee for going Swansea. He would have 100% been a more regular starter here so in the end I think it's about money and being at a club with a better chance of promotion - whether he's involved or not.

You should do it a lot more Simmo.....you wont go far wrong, trust me
Manning on 15:38 - Feb 26 with 2009 viewskensalriser

Paid more money for less work and likely to get promoted.

The lad must be absolutely distraught.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Manning on 16:28 - Feb 26 with 1913 viewsPinnerPaul

Manning on 19:27 - Feb 25 by daveB

it was such an odd move, did nothing for his career and left us a lot weaker.

2 out of 3 ain't bad Dave as the song goes!
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 16:28]
Manning on 16:30 - Feb 26 with 1906 viewsPinnerPaul

Manning on 11:21 - Feb 26 by kensalriser

Strange he can’t get in the side ahead of Bidwell considering that according to QPR fans he’s a much better player.

Agree 100%, said it before but strangely fans seem to do a Todd Kane when this is brought up!
Manning on 10:09 - Feb 27 with 1658 viewsswisscottage

Manning on 13:32 - Feb 26 by gazza1

I do actually believe that Gazza. I think he just wanted out.

Whilst he is almost certainly on a higher wage than he would have been at QPR, I don't think he'd be earning more sitting on the bench.

At QPR,he would have been playing almost certainly every game as he has high fitness levels. With a revised contract at QPR, the appearance fee, + assist( 7 last season) + goals(4 last season) would almost certainly take him beyond what he's getting sitting on the bench at Swansea.

Fine if he gets promoted, great, but being realistic, if he cant' get in the side now, he's not going to get a sniff in the premiership. Will he get a promotion bonus? maybe, but then that will likely be linked to his contribution which is very little.
Manning on 19:41 - Feb 27 with 1515 viewsTGRRRSSS

Whats odd about it is Swansea signed a player who when all's said and done didnt get in a struggling - potentially relegation doomed QPR team, what wass it about him they were really interested in?

He made 87 Apps for us but mostly on the bench I think.

I always liked him, but it's odd he was never truly a number 1 player for us, not doing much at Swansea either.
Manning on 09:13 - Feb 28 with 1293 viewsgazza1

Manning on 10:09 - Feb 27 by swisscottage

I do actually believe that Gazza. I think he just wanted out.

Whilst he is almost certainly on a higher wage than he would have been at QPR, I don't think he'd be earning more sitting on the bench.

At QPR,he would have been playing almost certainly every game as he has high fitness levels. With a revised contract at QPR, the appearance fee, + assist( 7 last season) + goals(4 last season) would almost certainly take him beyond what he's getting sitting on the bench at Swansea.

Fine if he gets promoted, great, but being realistic, if he cant' get in the side now, he's not going to get a sniff in the premiership. Will he get a promotion bonus? maybe, but then that will likely be linked to his contribution which is very little.

Another day where Manning is kept warming the bench, not even a small run, even when they must have been struggling during a 3-1 defeat. The ironic thing is that one of our old 'boo boys' is keeping him benched.

For sure, he will be earning a lot more than he was offered at QPR, as I have said probably double.......but who really knows, I am not in the know like many think they are when it comes to personal issues. What I would suggest is that if he was on £4/5k per week here then he would be getting a lot better at Swansea, likewise bonuses would be a lot more. I do not think that QPR would be able to match what Swansea are paying. Who knows but I am 99.9% sure that he will have a clause in his contract giving him a 'bagful' if Swansea get promotion - his agent would be sure to do that.

I am not sure that he would be playing every game at QPR, certainly more than he is at Swansea but it really depends on many things. He is most definitely not good enough for Premiership but you just dont know what the new Swansea contract would include.

My view is that he left for money, money and more money and your post does not change that view in any way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024