Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilder sacked at the blades 10:57 - Mar 12 with 7970 viewsPhildo

Harsh- took over with them in league 1
Wilder sacked at the blades on 16:21 - Mar 12 with 2723 viewsPinnerPaul

Well he hasn't left yet, but what better way to cheer up the fans than post a picture of a cute dog on the offy?

https://www.sufc.co.uk/
Wilder sacked at the blades on 16:39 - Mar 12 with 2685 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Wilder sacked at the blades on 16:21 - Mar 12 by PinnerPaul

Well he hasn't left yet, but what better way to cheer up the fans than post a picture of a cute dog on the offy?

https://www.sufc.co.uk/

Wow, how effing ridiculous is that!!!??

And just plain insulting to Blades fans.
Wilder sacked at the blades on 17:38 - Mar 12 with 2599 viewslightwaterhoop

I thought before this that Sheff U were missing their fans at home more than most teams.The crowd at Bramall Lane are a great asset for them.I loved going up there, proper fans and some good watering holes in the city centre.
Wilder sacked at the blades on 18:23 - Mar 12 with 2527 viewsWestbourneR

Wilder sacked at the blades on 14:39 - Mar 12 by Antti_Heinola

Top 5 English managers or top 5 managers working in England?!

Former probably yes. Latter no. Although by definition I guess he's top 20 ;)

In England.

Yeah - I'd have him top 5 Antti

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Wilder sacked at the blades on 18:41 - Mar 12 with 2510 viewsrsonist

Dismal end to a dream era for them, their Ollie and Bielsa rolled into one. As has been said, difficult to understate what a truly magnificent job he did before this season.

Very hard not to sympathise with his board to some degree though, and if he's walked out in a huff he hasn't a leg to stand on. After having such a canny eye at lower league level he simply torched far, far too much money to resist greater accountability and infringement on his oversight - Berge arguably aside he's not pushed the needle from his promotion side one bit.

His argument throughout all this seems to essentially have been that he's had to make do overpaying for less because the board wouldn't spend even more for better. Can say that's pretty shameless, can say there's maybe an interesting point somewhere in that, but it doesn't save his bacon.

Not that it's likely contributed to this situation but he has generally also talked an increasingly undignified load of bollox this season as the pressure's mounted IMO. He was on about "lefties" not wanting him to criticise his players the other week - the Sheffield fckin United manager born and bred!

Agree he would have been a dangerous opponent rebuilding next season though. I've no idea how they go about replacing him.
Wilder sacked at the blades on 19:02 - Mar 12 with 2473 viewsGloucs_R

Wilder sacked at the blades on 14:37 - Mar 12 by Juzzie

It's a results business though and people are judged on their results. He hasn't be getting the results and is therefore to blame so has to get the sack.

I see what you did there. Very good. 😁

Poll: Are we staying up?

Wilder sacked at the blades on 20:35 - Mar 12 with 2409 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Wilder sacked at the blades on 12:15 - Mar 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Was on MOTD at the weekend I think, could have been post-match for Sky, talking about some players needing to be out of the club ASAP. wished he did not have to wait until the summer to get rid of them, did not name them but I guess that's the reason.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 12:28]

Watched that interview J.and he got slammed for basically throwing his players under the moving bus by the analysts.
I knew by Christmas that team was doomed and despite a few shock wins it must be rough knowing the drop is near.
Not enough goals is the breaking point for every team and they never had enough talent up top IMO.
Hope you are well byw
Wilder sacked at the blades on 08:43 - Mar 13 with 2217 views2Thomas2Bowles

Wilder sacked at the blades on 20:35 - Mar 12 by CLAREMAN1995

Watched that interview J.and he got slammed for basically throwing his players under the moving bus by the analysts.
I knew by Christmas that team was doomed and despite a few shock wins it must be rough knowing the drop is near.
Not enough goals is the breaking point for every team and they never had enough talent up top IMO.
Hope you are well byw

I thought at the time, that's going to not end well, even if it was the truth.

Me..Thanks.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

Wilder sacked at the blades on 11:55 - Mar 13 with 2160 viewsloftboy

When he signed Freeman at the time albeit for a couple of days he was their record signing yet barely got played, surely this sort of thing is factored into owner’s decisions alongside results?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Wilder sacked at the blades on 12:59 - Mar 13 with 2109 viewsPinnerPaul

Sooooooooooooooooo he's still there then?
Wilder sacked at the blades on 13:26 - Mar 13 with 2079 views100percent

Going to buck the trend here. I think he's a total c nut, based on absolutely personal opinion.
Appreciate that he has taken a very average team up to the premiership and done a good job first season. But he's spent an absolute fortune this season - on players that he assembled and chose - and they have been miserable to watch with no plan B.
I do think its a stupid decision by sheff utd - they would have the ability to regroup and lick their wounds in the top 6 of the championship next season under him.
I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club, let alone England - which would be f king laughable.
He's another allardyce - his own biggest fan.
There - I said it - so shoot me.
Wilder sacked at the blades on 21:48 - Mar 13 with 2021 viewsaston_hoop

Paul Heckingbottom takes over for the time being with Jason Tindall as his assistant. Dream team.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Wilder sacked at the blades on 00:51 - Mar 14 with 1955 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Wilder sacked at the blades on 14:01 - Mar 12 by WestbourneR

Job's done there puts him on the top five managers in England for me.

Arguably, a shout for the England job - although his style / face might not fit.

I'm amazed they've sacked him.

No doubt that overall he did a great job at Sheffield United but one of the top five managers in England??? Not even close.
Wilder sacked at the blades on 02:24 - Mar 14 with 1930 viewsFredManRave

Wilder sacked at the blades on 13:26 - Mar 13 by 100percent

Going to buck the trend here. I think he's a total c nut, based on absolutely personal opinion.
Appreciate that he has taken a very average team up to the premiership and done a good job first season. But he's spent an absolute fortune this season - on players that he assembled and chose - and they have been miserable to watch with no plan B.
I do think its a stupid decision by sheff utd - they would have the ability to regroup and lick their wounds in the top 6 of the championship next season under him.
I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club, let alone England - which would be f king laughable.
He's another allardyce - his own biggest fan.
There - I said it - so shoot me.

What is it with managers from Sheffield being great in the lower leagues but not being able to cut it in the Premier League?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Wilder sacked at the blades on 17:15 - Mar 15 with 1790 viewsPinnerPaul

Well that did a lot of good - clear from the game and post match interviews what the staff and players thought about sacking him!

Long way back for Sheff Utd now you would think.

I'm talking about next season btw, they are obviously down this.
Wilder sacked at the blades on 18:07 - Mar 15 with 1721 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wilder sacked at the blades on 18:23 - Mar 12 by WestbourneR

In England.

Yeah - I'd have him top 5 Antti

Some claim.

Pep
Jose
Rodgers
Ancelotti
Klopp
Bielsa
Nuno
Tuchel

Fascinated to know which three of those you consider him to be a better manager than?! I'd also place Hassenhuttl, Dyche, Hodgson, and possibly Smith above Wilder.

Bare bones.

Wilder sacked at the blades on 19:50 - Mar 15 with 1657 viewsTacticalR

There's a bit more information about why Wilder departed in today's The Game podcast:

Starts at about 28:30 in, about 10 minutes long
https://play.acast.com/s/timesthegame/sorryimlate-mik-

Air hostess clique

Wilder sacked at the blades on 20:22 - Mar 15 with 1605 viewsSK_hoops

Wilder sacked at the blades on 18:07 - Mar 15 by Antti_Heinola

Some claim.

Pep
Jose
Rodgers
Ancelotti
Klopp
Bielsa
Nuno
Tuchel

Fascinated to know which three of those you consider him to be a better manager than?! I'd also place Hassenhuttl, Dyche, Hodgson, and possibly Smith above Wilder.

I'd like to see how all those managers would do with Sheff United's squad though.
Wilder sacked at the blades on 20:38 - Mar 15 with 1575 viewsrsonist

Wilder sacked at the blades on 20:22 - Mar 15 by SK_hoops

I'd like to see how all those managers would do with Sheff United's squad though.

Given Wilder couldn't repeat the trick (let alone come up with a new one) with over £100m you'd hardly back his talent to scale up either.
Wilder sacked at the blades on 20:42 - Mar 15 with 1569 viewsaston_hoop

Wilder sacked at the blades on 20:22 - Mar 15 by SK_hoops

Quite a lot of the managers on that list did cut their teeth at smaller less-fancied clubs to be fair before progressing.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Wilder sacked at the blades on 20:55 - Mar 15 with 1549 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wilder sacked at the blades on 20:42 - Mar 15 by aston_hoop

Quite a lot of the managers on that list did cut their teeth at smaller less-fancied clubs to be fair before progressing.

Yeah i’ll never buy the argument that hugely successful managers at big clubs would somehow not be able to manage smaller ones. These top guys - Klopp, Mourinho, Guardiola - are where they are because they are outstanding tacticians and superb coaches. Not saying they would win the league with sheff u, but give them the money he got and they would not be bottom.
None of this is a criticism of Wilder, who did a phenomenal job. It’s not hugely different, though, to what Joe Royle once did with City.

Bare bones.

Wilder sacked at the blades on 00:57 - Mar 16 with 1459 viewsrsonist

Wilder sacked at the blades on 20:55 - Mar 15 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah i’ll never buy the argument that hugely successful managers at big clubs would somehow not be able to manage smaller ones. These top guys - Klopp, Mourinho, Guardiola - are where they are because they are outstanding tacticians and superb coaches. Not saying they would win the league with sheff u, but give them the money he got and they would not be bottom.
None of this is a criticism of Wilder, who did a phenomenal job. It’s not hugely different, though, to what Joe Royle once did with City.

Royle winning successive promotions, though excellent, wasn't phenomenal. Wilder doing it inventing pretty much a whole new tactic for a bunch of journeymen was.
Wilder sacked at the blades on 08:42 - Mar 16 with 1363 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wilder sacked at the blades on 00:57 - Mar 16 by rsonist

Royle winning successive promotions, though excellent, wasn't phenomenal. Wilder doing it inventing pretty much a whole new tactic for a bunch of journeymen was.

true, it was phenomenal how he got such a tune out of players who seemed to have faded elsewhere. I'd still argue Howe getting Bournemouth there, and staying there for a lot longer, was a bigger achievement.
Wonder where Wilder will end up next. Will be fascinating to see how he does.

Bare bones.

Wilder sacked at the blades on 11:26 - Mar 16 with 1278 viewsrsonist

Wilder sacked at the blades on 08:42 - Mar 16 by Antti_Heinola

true, it was phenomenal how he got such a tune out of players who seemed to have faded elsewhere. I'd still argue Howe getting Bournemouth there, and staying there for a lot longer, was a bigger achievement.
Wonder where Wilder will end up next. Will be fascinating to see how he does.

It being a genuinely original tune no one had really heard before is the thing. A flash in the historical pan, sure probably, but that shouldn't take anything away from it - your most consistently successful foremost tacticians of the game today can't lay claim to the same.

West Brom seems the most obvious opening. Maybe Blackburn.
Wilder sacked at the blades on 11:32 - Mar 16 with 1262 viewsrsonist

He'd be a wild punt on Palace's part but I'd love to see it. Most probably they'll go Bournemouth 2.0 with Howe though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024