Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans forum tonight 17:07 - Mar 23 with 8580 viewsNorthernr

Tonight, 7pm, doesn't seem to have been publicised much or attracted any attention, but I'll do the usual write up afterwards. Details here, use this thread etc...

Fans forum tonight on 21:36 - Mar 23 with 2273 viewsdaveB

I thought all 3 of them came across really well. Both Hoos and Ferdinand very honest in talking about the budget and trying to set realistic expectations. It does annoy me when you get some questions saying be more ambitious spend more followed up by why are you charging me a tenner to watch as stream. I'm not sure if people really think they have a magic money tree or are just thick.

Bits that interested me was that we couldn't afford Austin/Johanssen etc last summer but circumstances changed and were able to get them in January

Sam Field is the only player signed under Warburton which was done without his agreement mainly due to us playing Watford that night and they didn't have time to speak to him, everyone else through the door he has had final say on

Plan is still develop players and sell on for profit, even with work done in recent years they are a long way from breaking even still

Preston were the club who were dead against our fine being changed
Fans forum tonight on 21:36 - Mar 23 with 2270 viewsdaveB

Fans forum tonight on 21:02 - Mar 23 by stevec

They kept this quiet.

Did anyone ask what their position was regards the proposed wage cap? Whilst they understandably talk about affordability, I’m dead curious whether they voted for or against.

For, fair enough but Against I’d start thinking they were playing us for fools.

That didn't come up
Fans forum tonight on 21:56 - Mar 23 with 2177 viewsNorthernr

We watched it with the Facebook comments on, scrolling through at the side.

My god.
Fans forum tonight on 22:07 - Mar 23 with 2128 viewsdaveB

Fans forum tonight on 21:56 - Mar 23 by Northernr

My god.

Me too, it was like Basil Fawlty talking to Mrs Richards at times
Fans forum tonight on 22:11 - Mar 23 with 2113 viewsaston_hoop

Fans forum tonight on 21:56 - Mar 23 by Northernr

My god.

I didnt realise that was a thing, I think I am glad I didn't.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Fans forum tonight on 22:19 - Mar 23 with 2059 viewsqprxtc

There was a fans forum?

In a year when none of us, a select journalist super duper fan, has gone up any games?

For the team in twelfth in the championship. In a season that doesn’t really count, like those war seasons.

Very very glad I didn’t know about it. Couldn’t give less of a shit if I had a butt plug shoved up my arris and was constipated.

Sounds like a bunch of loonies went boombangabang. Get angry about something f ucking worthwhile. Gordon Bennet.

“Think I’m going off my head, she caught the bus as me and she sat down behind.”
Fans forum tonight on 22:25 - Mar 23 with 2048 viewsNorthernr

Fans forum tonight on 22:07 - Mar 23 by daveB

This might make the write up
Fans forum tonight on 22:56 - Mar 23 with 1950 viewsSuperhoop83

Fans forum tonight on 22:07 - Mar 23 by daveB

Is this a piece of your brain?

Suffering since 1978.

Login to get fewer ads

Fans forum tonight on 23:07 - Mar 23 with 1915 viewsted_hendrix

We got us 50 points.

Nine games to go.

That'll do for me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Fans forum tonight on 01:25 - Mar 24 with 1776 viewsNorthernr

Minutes...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/54619/hows-that-wa
Fans forum tonight on 06:52 - Mar 24 with 1650 viewsGloucs_R

Does Ramkilde have an addiction injury???

That's the only explanation I can think of.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Fans forum tonight on 07:59 - Mar 24 with 1568 viewsthame_hoops

Fans forum tonight on 20:52 - Mar 23 by denhamhoop2

Hmm think you might want to google Barnsley owners if they go up they could match Chelsea and United in their spending not sure if they can match City

If FFP didn’t exist maybe
Fans forum tonight on 08:58 - Mar 24 with 1484 viewsLunarJetman

Fans forum tonight on 01:25 - Mar 24 by Northernr

Minutes...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/54619/hows-that-wa

Great summary Clive.

Observation though, yes there were plenty of pointless and stupid questions but those chosen and the order they were asked is all down to Paul Morrissey though weren’t they?

I’m sure it was as much about polishing a turd but there were certainly a couple of times where subjects were revisited so there could have been a bit more structure and organisation to the questions and their type.

I also think maybe its time to start vetting questions before they’re asked so that they can reduce the number of pointless and inane ones. It’s all very well trying to be open and transparent to fans but we’re getting 3 senior club officials to answer questions and they get asked about toilet water pressure!

We need a balance between running the club as the fans want and running it as a going concern. Most of these plonkers asking questions would have run the club into the ground if they were in charge so shouldn’t be having so much say.....
Fans forum tonight on 09:12 - Mar 24 with 1439 viewssilky

What have we done to Lee Hoos? Looked like we dragged someone off the street. QPR will mess anyone up eh?

Hes still been the best thing to happen to QPR because god knows what would of happened if he didn't intervene.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Fans forum tonight on 09:19 - Mar 24 with 1424 viewsDannyPaddox

I went to a fans forum one winter evening of 2007 in a cold draughty room somewhere in the innards of the South Africa Road Stand. Paladini and Gregory were holding court like a music-hall double act. At the back of the room there were tea cups and tea bags but an empty tea-urn. After direct action from the supporters in attendance the tea-urn was filled and switched on. The main question for the first quarter of an hour from the fans and Paladini and Gregory was ... has that water boiled yet?
Fans forum tonight on 09:23 - Mar 24 with 1411 viewsMaggsinho

Fans forum tonight on 08:58 - Mar 24 by LunarJetman

Great summary Clive.

Observation though, yes there were plenty of pointless and stupid questions but those chosen and the order they were asked is all down to Paul Morrissey though weren’t they?

I’m sure it was as much about polishing a turd but there were certainly a couple of times where subjects were revisited so there could have been a bit more structure and organisation to the questions and their type.

I also think maybe its time to start vetting questions before they’re asked so that they can reduce the number of pointless and inane ones. It’s all very well trying to be open and transparent to fans but we’re getting 3 senior club officials to answer questions and they get asked about toilet water pressure!

We need a balance between running the club as the fans want and running it as a going concern. Most of these plonkers asking questions would have run the club into the ground if they were in charge so shouldn’t be having so much say.....

Problem with that is you'll then have people complaining their question wasn't answered. I guess you could have a quick fire AOB section at the end to cover water pressure, single sign on, etc,etc
Fans forum tonight on 09:25 - Mar 24 with 1407 viewsRBlock

Fans forum tonight on 20:37 - Mar 23 by NottsQPR

‘Please can we have discounts on shirts’...as we haven’t worn them at games this year was one of the many gormless questions we had tonight. FFS it was painful and no wonder Hoos came across as a little chippy in his mood tonight.

The interesting question to be asked (and I didn’t) as Clive has pointed out here before is how can a club like Barnsley be where it is this year given their (lack of) financial clout.

The owners keep the club afloat and every time someone suggests that they f*ck off I wonder who else might step in to top up the vast bath of money that constantly needs refilling!

I’d agree that a whole host of the questions could have been omitted and we could have been done in a tight and relevant 20 minutes.

I was gobsmacked by that question. Took me a while to process it because I couldn't get my head around how any reasonable person could ask something so stupid. On what level could that possibly make sense?!
Fans forum tonight on 09:26 - Mar 24 with 1404 viewsEsox_Lucius

Sooooooo... Marco Ramkilde?

The grass is always greener.

Fans forum tonight on 09:35 - Mar 24 with 1390 viewsLunarJetman

Fans forum tonight on 09:23 - Mar 24 by Maggsinho

Problem with that is you'll then have people complaining their question wasn't answered. I guess you could have a quick fire AOB section at the end to cover water pressure, single sign on, etc,etc

I’d argue that you can’t please everyone so why bother? People will be unhappy whatever the answer they’re given. The Maverick Team was rage tweeting away after his/their question wasn’t answered to his/their satisfaction. It’s tiresome to have to sit through the nonsense and doesn’t help anyone or solve anything.
Fans forum tonight on 09:47 - Mar 24 with 1364 viewstoboboly

Fans forum tonight on 20:56 - Mar 23 by denhamhoop2

Did think maybe Hitler's Third Reich could be a rich stream of Nazi Gold to mine with Hugo Boss designing our all Black away kit

Some bugger'll only complain about the quality of the skull transfers.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Fans forum tonight on 09:51 - Mar 24 with 1359 viewstoboboly

Fans forum tonight on 21:36 - Mar 23 by daveB

I thought all 3 of them came across really well. Both Hoos and Ferdinand very honest in talking about the budget and trying to set realistic expectations. It does annoy me when you get some questions saying be more ambitious spend more followed up by why are you charging me a tenner to watch as stream. I'm not sure if people really think they have a magic money tree or are just thick.

Bits that interested me was that we couldn't afford Austin/Johanssen etc last summer but circumstances changed and were able to get them in January

Sam Field is the only player signed under Warburton which was done without his agreement mainly due to us playing Watford that night and they didn't have time to speak to him, everyone else through the door he has had final say on

Plan is still develop players and sell on for profit, even with work done in recent years they are a long way from breaking even still

Preston were the club who were dead against our fine being changed

You would have thought that we would be looking at Field for months and that Warburton would be well aware of him and wouldn't need to give the nod on the actual day?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Fans forum tonight on 10:06 - Mar 24 with 1314 viewsstevec

Fans forum tonight on 09:12 - Mar 24 by silky

What have we done to Lee Hoos? Looked like we dragged someone off the street. QPR will mess anyone up eh?

Hes still been the best thing to happen to QPR because god knows what would of happened if he didn't intervene.

Thought it was one of those photoshop, ‘this is what Charlie Austin looks like in 40 years time’.
Fans forum tonight on 10:11 - Mar 24 with 1292 viewsbosh67

What are the rules on player wage sponsorship? Rooney is sponsored at Derby or 32Red put something to it? Not sure. Is there a rule that says a player's wages can't be sponsored by a third party? Not third party ownership of course. I am just wondering if Austin and Johansen could have a part or majority of their wages sponsored next season? Obviously both would have to come down on expectation significantly but I can see them doing it as both seem happy to be here, although of course their parent clubs are picking up most of the wages so that may be part of it. I genuinely think that Austin may think about a huge wage drop to stay because he could build his TV/radio work and and also his other business enterprises in London.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Fans forum tonight on 10:51 - Mar 24 with 1229 viewsrsonist

Back when I had some lingering naive faith in the fanbase I used to check myself before these and think "now now, these are just regular folk, legitimate concerns, not everyone's terminally online", and so on. Now I kind of dream of hosting one and being as intolerant a cnt as possible.

Even with that in mind I'm still pretty jel of "We aspire to tread water" . Chef's kiss.

Every club's one of these is a sh1tshow though if it's any consolation.
Fans forum tonight on 11:01 - Mar 24 with 1214 viewsrsonist

Thought that was a notably more constructive and conciliatory tone regarding the council than the first blundering sabre rattlings. Whether that's just a new tack or indicates productive dialogue behind the scenes though who knows.

Re lost income from Covid, no mention of difficulty/forthcoming claim against insurance broker for unpaid interrupted business cover as reported recently.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024