Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fencing/boundary advice 14:35 - Apr 30 with 3515 viewsrrrspricey

Hi all

My house backs on to another meaning the ends of our gardens meet. The fence between said gardens is in a poor state of repair and could do with replacing which I intend to do.

However, the twunt who lives in the other house is really pisÅŸing me of with his demands on me to get it done and because the the stereotypical "angry (in a very passive aggressive way)of Royal Tunbridge Wells" which is amusing as that's where we live.

So my question is, is there anything he can do from a legal standpoint if were to replace the fencing but deface his side by spraying a large cock n balls and assorted profanities?.

Maybe a tad childish at 56 but it'll bring me an enormous amount of enjoyment. Mrs P is up for it too as long as it doesn't bring the OB to our doorstep!
Fencing/boundary advice on 14:45 - Apr 30 with 3474 viewsPhildo

You do not have a duty to erect a fence (or enclose your land) unless there is a covenant saying you have to maintain a particular boundary at the land registry. Fences ownership is usually hard to establish and more a matter of what has been done over the years in practice.

You are not supposed to be a nuisance though eg let your dog sh1t on their grass etc so I guess the cock and balls might well fall into that category.
Fencing/boundary advice on 15:24 - Apr 30 with 3434 viewskensalriser

Just replace it and ignore them. Life's too short to bother about nonsense like this.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Fencing/boundary advice on 15:33 - Apr 30 with 3413 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Yes it’s fine. Do it. It’s been happening for millennia.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Fencing/boundary advice on 15:35 - Apr 30 with 3400 viewskarl

Fencing/boundary advice on 15:33 - Apr 30 by CliveWilsonSaid

Yes it’s fine. Do it. It’s been happening for millennia.

Priceys greatgreatggreatgreatgreat grandfather put that on the North facing side I'm positive!
Fencing/boundary advice on 15:38 - Apr 30 with 3386 viewsBoston

Sounds like the sort of fencing confrontation that requires a Sabre.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fencing/boundary advice on 15:38 - Apr 30 with 3386 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Fencing/boundary advice on 15:35 - Apr 30 by karl

Priceys greatgreatggreatgreatgreat grandfather put that on the North facing side I'm positive!

“Good Luck!”

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Fencing/boundary advice on 15:41 - Apr 30 with 3373 viewsMick_S

Are you good at woodwork? This will do it - no blame attached.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Fencing/boundary advice on 16:05 - Apr 30 with 3310 viewsjohncharles

You could build a new fence on your side and leave him with the old one. Added bonus is that if he wants a new one he will have get rid of old fence 😃

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

Fencing/boundary advice on 18:26 - Apr 30 with 3124 viewshantssi

Fencing/boundary advice on 16:05 - Apr 30 by johncharles

You could build a new fence on your side and leave him with the old one. Added bonus is that if he wants a new one he will have get rid of old fence 😃

My neighbour did that a few years ago as he couldn’t wait for me to replace it!
It’s a foot inside his own boundary so no issues with me, mines pretty rotten and needs replacing so as he’s just sold his house I’m going to take my fence down as soon as he moves out and the new guys don’t know what’s going on, gives me a bit more garden!!
Fencing/boundary advice on 18:31 - Apr 30 with 3106 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Always Appel before a Moulinet.
Fencing/boundary advice on 19:03 - Apr 30 with 3048 viewsR_from_afar

Perhaps an obvious question but do the deeds of your house make it clear that it's your boundary?

Long ago, I had a dispute with neighbours about a fence which lasted over a year. It was definitely their fence and it blew down and damaged some of my shrubs, but they kept arguing that it was my responsibility.

In other gripping fence news, the people who used to live next door to my current house replaced the fence between us, in the process depositing a large quantity or clay all the way down my side of the boundary, obliterating a lot of my plants. The new fence was also higher than the old one, which, apart from the fact that it was pretty anti-social, caused problems with my gate.

Their worst misdemeanour, though, was when they decided to have their roof jet washed. The b3ll ends who did the work blasted all the detritus off my neighbour's roof and into my garden and over my drive. My bin was so filthy I had to clean it before I put it out for collection grrrrr

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Fencing/boundary advice on 19:18 - Apr 30 with 3031 viewsHastings_Hoops

I must say that I’ve never had any fence related disputes in my 20 years of home ownership. As I’m a chartered surveyor so I should be cantankerous by profession.

Just get on with it and make sure your garden looks as nice as it possibly can - smile and the world smiles with you.

Fence related disputes are for Chelsea fans.

End
Fencing/boundary advice on 19:55 - Apr 30 with 2982 viewsstevec

My advice, use concrete pillars, worth it in the long run.
Fencing/boundary advice on 20:12 - Apr 30 with 2963 viewsBoston

My advice...contact an electrician.

Fencing/boundary advice on 20:12 - Apr 30 with 2962 viewsJuzzie

Our next door neighbour has just replaced their fence between our gardens and it looks great. Expensive panels too, nothing cheapy.

Hope that helps
Fencing/boundary advice on 07:24 - May 1 with 2804 viewsDorse

Go for an ecological solution. A moat would look great.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Fencing/boundary advice on 08:50 - May 1 with 2752 viewsFrankRightguard

We live in a cul-de-sac so our garden is bordered on the left by two other gardens who have their own fences. One of them replaced theirs with a very nice fence and stole a foot of my garden in the process! When we knocked on their door and asked them to move it the lady that lives there says “well, your garden is quite messy”. Doesn’t mean you can help yourself to some of it though, does it! Two days later the fence had been moved back to where it should have been. Cheeky sausages.
Fencing/boundary advice on 09:04 - May 1 with 2728 viewsNortholt_Rs

Fencing/boundary advice on 20:12 - Apr 30 by Juzzie

Our next door neighbour has just replaced their fence between our gardens and it looks great. Expensive panels too, nothing cheapy.

Hope that helps

Share some pics!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Fencing/boundary advice on 10:30 - May 1 with 2656 viewsPunteR

Fencing/boundary advice on 15:24 - Apr 30 by kensalriser

Just replace it and ignore them. Life's too short to bother about nonsense like this.

Id say do it. Life's too short not to. :)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Fencing/boundary advice on 18:44 - May 1 with 2519 viewsJuzzie

Fencing/boundary advice on 09:04 - May 1 by Northolt_Rs

Share some pics!

I’ve since pressure-washed the paving so that now looks a lot better.

[Post edited 1 May 2021 18:48]
Fencing/boundary advice on 19:49 - May 1 with 2454 viewsrrrspricey

Fencing/boundary advice on 18:44 - May 1 by Juzzie

Cheers for the advice, a veritable smorgasbord of knowledge on here as always.

Mrs P is starting to lose her nerve so might have to give her a fiver to go get herself something pretty when the fence goes up!
Fencing/boundary advice on 22:14 - May 1 with 2379 viewsDavieQPR

Normally whoever put up the fence in the first place has the slats overlapping downwards to stop the rain accumulating .The other side has the overlap upwards which holds the rain and needs treating a lot more often. Whoever erected it takes responsibility for it.
Fencing/boundary advice on 22:26 - May 1 with 2360 viewsBoston

Looks like pine boards, centre post is already sinking..presuming it went up level.

Fencing/boundary advice on 22:34 - May 1 with 2349 viewsloftboy

The neighbours are meant to give you the good side of the panels!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Fencing/boundary advice on 02:56 - May 2 with 2258 viewsBoston

Fencing/boundary advice on 22:34 - May 1 by loftboy

The neighbours are meant to give you the good side of the panels!

Traditionally, yes. Fences were originally built for protection, so providing a ladder that your enemy could scale wouldn’t really qualify you for chief of security.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024