Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
best ever header in a Rangers shirt 17:54 - Apr 30 with 4096 viewsbollockchops

Bradley Allen for me,great power
best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 09:33 - May 1 with 1063 viewsterryb

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 09:10 - May 1 by dmm

Where did Chappers disappear to? I've not seen him at HQ for many years.

I've heard that he has lost all interest in football but is active in following his first love - Kent CC.

He was always entertaining when sat around us in the Upper Loft, circa 2007 & I will never forget his heated "discussion" with two ladies during one match. I think he might have lost that one though!
best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 10:29 - May 1 with 1021 viewsCamberleyR

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 09:33 - May 1 by terryb

I've heard that he has lost all interest in football but is active in following his first love - Kent CC.

He was always entertaining when sat around us in the Upper Loft, circa 2007 & I will never forget his heated "discussion" with two ladies during one match. I think he might have lost that one though!

Chappers is a brown hatter Terry, follows Surrey CCC.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 10:31 - May 1 with 1019 viewsCamberleyR

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 20:41 - Apr 30 by Northernr

Devon White striding onto immaculate David Bardsley service and top binning it from 15 yards out harder than most people can kick it v Ipswich 93/94 is up there.

I'm surprised it took anybody that long to mention that one Clive. Easily the hardest header I've ever seen.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 10:55 - May 1 with 978 viewsjohncharles

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 20:25 - Apr 30 by qpr_1968

not bad from wilkins.

Bloody hell, we were good in those days

Strong and stable my arse.

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 11:12 - May 1 with 956 viewsSuperhoop83

Another vote for Devon White. I was in line with the trajectory of the most violent header I've seen at Loftus Road and it was a thing of beauty, as was always the case with Devon.

Second place goes to Les against Boro in 1992. I still can't work out how he managed to get so much power into the header that it flashed past the keeper.

[Post edited 1 May 2021 11:15]

Suffering since 1978.

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 11:18 - May 1 with 947 viewsEsox_Lucius

Les Ferdinand; next question. He is right up there with Wyn Davies, Denis Law & Ruud Gullit IMO as the best ever. I can't think of any other player who mastered the basketball style hitch kick to hang in the air longer than Les.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 15:00]

The grass is always greener.

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 11:32 - May 1 with 937 viewsHamptonR

John Hollins, January 1978, FA Cup 4th round replay at home to West Ham.
The pitch was atrocious, they took the lead through Pop Robson, we equalised and then John scored with what I thought, at the time, was a wonderful headed goal.
It ended 6-1 so my memory may be clouded by the sheer joy of a great night.
best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 11:33 - May 1 with 936 viewsQPR_Jim

Gareth Ainsworth scored a cracking header from outside the box. Can't for the life of me remember who we were playing but as I remember it there was a long diagonal ball played above their left back. The left back was static as it was landing right on his head, Ainsworth comes charging in off the wing, out jumps the full back and loops it over the goalie from just outside the box.

If someone could remember who that was against that would be great, although I suspect that the actual footage of the goal won't live up to my memory of it.
Login to get fewer ads

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 11:40 - May 1 with 925 viewsSuperhoop83

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 11:33 - May 1 by QPR_Jim

Gareth Ainsworth scored a cracking header from outside the box. Can't for the life of me remember who we were playing but as I remember it there was a long diagonal ball played above their left back. The left back was static as it was landing right on his head, Ainsworth comes charging in off the wing, out jumps the full back and loops it over the goalie from just outside the box.

If someone could remember who that was against that would be great, although I suspect that the actual footage of the goal won't live up to my memory of it.

Our first goal back in the second flight.

Suffering since 1978.

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 11:41 - May 1 with 923 viewsWalnut

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 11:33 - May 1 by QPR_Jim

Burnley H?
best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 11:49 - May 1 with 914 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Nice header here from Paul Furlong. I think Darnell may have scored one or two good ones for us too.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 12:13 - May 1 with 892 viewsQPR_Jim

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 11:40 - May 1 by Superhoop83

I don't think so, I think he was outside the area and the ball was played from nearer the half way line.

Either that or I dreamt it, which would be concerning.
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:16 - May 1 with 887 viewsToast_R

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 12:18 - May 1 with 886 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 12:13 - May 1 by QPR_Jim

I don't think so, I think he was outside the area and the ball was played from nearer the half way line.

I’m only getting one headed goal by Ainsworth for us on this website.

Start getting concerned.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/gareth-ainsworth/alletore/spieler/13713/plus/0?s

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 12:52 - May 1 with 833 viewsQPR_Jim

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 12:18 - May 1 by CliveWilsonSaid

I’m only getting one headed goal by Ainsworth for us on this website.

Start getting concerned.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/gareth-ainsworth/alletore/spieler/13713/plus/0?s

Ok I'm officially concerned.
best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 12:58 - May 1 with 816 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 12:52 - May 1 by QPR_Jim

Ok I'm officially concerned.

“the ball was played from nearer the half way line“

This part is particularly concerning.

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 21:13 - May 1 with 711 viewsqpr_1968

not a qpr shirt.....but had to put this in.

givens first goal.....he really was something else, and a pleasure/privilage to watch...live.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 21:20 - May 1 with 706 viewsqpr_1968

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 21:13 - May 1 by qpr_1968

not a qpr shirt.....but had to put this in.

givens first goal.....he really was something else, and a pleasure/privilage to watch...live.

first goal 4.40, header.
givens scored a hatrick
terry mancini also in action.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 21:50 - May 1 with 677 viewsgazza1

Best header.....defensively or attacking?? big difference.
best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 22:02 - May 1 with 668 viewsDylanP

There was a game in the early 1980s against West Ham (I think) where Bobby Hazel scored two headed goals, one for each team. The one he scored on purpose was maybe the best headed goal I can remember, he scored from the edge of the box and the power in the header nearly took the net off the goal posts. They used to let fans drink in the Blue and White club (which was a pub inside the ground) after the game and I was at the bar when he also came in for a drink and we got chatting about the game. He was laughing about how determined he was to score after he had given up the own goal. He was a brilliant player.

Also, there were some unbelievable headers from Sir Les that have to be in the conversation for best header. It always amazed me how good he was in the air considering how good he was in every other aspect of scoring -- shooting from distance, dribbling in, poaching, etc.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 22:26 - May 1 with 646 viewsLazyFan

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 11:40 - May 1 by Superhoop83

This was one of the few games I took the misses to see.
We were sat in the S.Africa Road stand upper and were directly behind Wildthings run on the angle (so to us he ran straight to meet the ball) and can say that as soon as the cross left the foot, we knew it was a goal.

He had the run ahead of the defence who had totally missed him and he saw it very early on. Even the misses commented that that was an obvious goal coming.

zzzzzzzzzz

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 22:28 - May 1 with 645 viewsLazyFan

Chaz scored a nice deft header this season. maybe someone could post the video to that!

zzzzzzzzzz

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 23:23 - May 1 with 607 viewsdistortR

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 12:13 - May 1 by QPR_Jim

I think walnuts cracked it
best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 00:09 - May 2 with 581 viewsQPR_Jim

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 11:41 - May 1 by Walnut

Burnley H?

You are correct, it was a 1-1 draw with Burnley and he was actually inside the box, the rest of my recollection was accurate. Long range pass from Shittu from inside our half diagonally across the field, static defender, on rushing Ainsworth.

Maybe not the best headed goal ever but clearly my favourite.
best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 10:10 - May 2 with 524 viewsSuperhoop83

best ever header in a Rangers shirt on 00:09 - May 2 by QPR_Jim

You are correct, it was a 1-1 draw with Burnley and he was actually inside the box, the rest of my recollection was accurate. Long range pass from Shittu from inside our half diagonally across the field, static defender, on rushing Ainsworth.

Maybe not the best headed goal ever but clearly my favourite.

With bonus streaker action.

Suffering since 1978.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024