Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler 17:22 - May 1 with 3663 viewsDylanP

He catches some stick occasionally for his wayward passing. For me, his defensive work is nothing short of brilliant. His positioning is so good. He is so quick for a big defender. And his legs seems to be a mile long.

On the other side, his distribution can be shocking. But he is a defender, so we aren't paying him for clinical passing. That would be nice, a bonus, if you will. Thing is, if you are playing for QPR, you aren't going to be the finished product. If he was clinical in defense and going forward, he would be playing for someone who could pay more than us.

Others?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 17:31 - May 1 with 3111 viewsDieByYourSide

Quick? You been smoking something mate?

Poll: And it's hi ho

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 17:49 - May 1 with 3004 viewsParkRoyalR

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 17:31 - May 1 by DieByYourSide

Quick? You been smoking something mate?

Distribution? Usually first class, the lad can play.
Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 17:55 - May 1 with 2958 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Some excellent defensive work today, as per normal. His passing is usually excellent but it looked forced today, though. Tired I'd imagine. He even looked tired jumping for his last two headers. Been a long season for him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 18:03 - May 1 with 2909 viewsSharpy36

Great player but, there always seems to be at least one mistake per game.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 18:04 - May 1 with 2902 viewsFrankRightguard

OP is the hottest of hot takes. My goodness.
Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 18:20 - May 1 with 2811 viewsenfieldargh

The bloke must be mentally exhausted

Played Lge 1 last year now stepped up to the champ and learning to play Warbs Ball, tight quick passing movements.

A few shaky moments early season now solid as a rock. Last few games I think the season has caught up[ on him a tadge however still easily the best defender we've had in yonks

On an upwards trajectory

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 18:30 - May 1 with 2765 viewsqprphil

He's a good defender at our level. I'm not sure we have anyone in our side that doesn't make a wayward pass now and again. All players make errors, however defenders, and keepers mistakes are highlighted more. The lads done great for me....................
Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 19:42 - May 1 with 2582 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bizarre OP. His passing is really good.

As for the other comment about 'at least one mistake a game', I'm yet to see in my life a defender at any level who doesn't make at least one mistake a game.

No wonder some fans are so upset all the time. Nothing short of inhuman perfection seems to be enough.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 20:48 - May 1 with 2478 viewsgazza1

Dickie has done extremely well for us this season....proper decent signing.

The OP has obviously not got a clue......he is far from quick, he knocks a decent ball, a really excellent signing and a really good season for him.

Never heard so much nonsense....clinical defender!!!, wtf is that??

Looking forward to seeing him net season and very well played.
Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 20:57 - May 1 with 2459 viewsngbqpr

He’s not brilliant and he’s not a bungler.

He’s a promising young defender who suits our style of play very well and has managed the step up from League 1 better than we could have hoped.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 21:38 - May 1 with 2367 viewsDylanP

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 19:42 - May 1 by Antti_Heinola

As for the other comment about 'at least one mistake a game', I'm yet to see in my life a defender at any level who doesn't make at least one mistake a game.

No wonder some fans are so upset all the time. Nothing short of inhuman perfection seems to be enough.

Seems to me that you missed the point I was making. My whole point wasn't to criticize him at all. I said that he doesn't deserve the criticism he gets because, as a defender he isn't paid to pass like Tony Currie he is paid to defend and that, whatever the distribution mistakes he might make, his defending is usually very solid and today was great. Today he gave the ball away a few times passing out from the back, but that is going to happen. Its his positioning and defensive coverage that made him MOM quality today.It is no surprise that as he has grown into the position, we have been picking up clean sheets.

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 21:41 - May 1 with 2354 viewsgazza1

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 21:38 - May 1 by DylanP

Seems to me that you missed the point I was making. My whole point wasn't to criticize him at all. I said that he doesn't deserve the criticism he gets because, as a defender he isn't paid to pass like Tony Currie he is paid to defend and that, whatever the distribution mistakes he might make, his defending is usually very solid and today was great. Today he gave the ball away a few times passing out from the back, but that is going to happen. Its his positioning and defensive coverage that made him MOM quality today.It is no surprise that as he has grown into the position, we have been picking up clean sheets.

I will leave that one to you Antti.......good luck
[Post edited 1 May 2021 21:43]
Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 21:43 - May 1 with 2342 viewsSharpy36

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 19:42 - May 1 by Antti_Heinola

We`re allowed to criticize if pointing out faults as much as we`re allowed to shout from the rooftops when heaping praise.
In at least three games this season off the top of my head have led to opposition goals. He`s a fantastic defender for us and hopefully goes on to win POTY which i`m sure he will. That will be two years on the trot at two different clubs.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 21:46 - May 1 with 2326 viewsgazza1

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 21:43 - May 1 by Sharpy36

We`re allowed to criticize if pointing out faults as much as we`re allowed to shout from the rooftops when heaping praise.
In at least three games this season off the top of my head have led to opposition goals. He`s a fantastic defender for us and hopefully goes on to win POTY which i`m sure he will. That will be two years on the trot at two different clubs.

Read the OP......he states he is quick, he is not quick!!....there is other stuff too!!

The bloke has done very well this season despite a few errors......good player.
Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 22:05 - May 1 with 2305 viewsDylanP

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 21:46 - May 1 by gazza1

Read the OP......he states he is quick, he is not quick!!....there is other stuff too!!

The bloke has done very well this season despite a few errors......good player.

I didn't say he was fast, I said he is quick. Did you see how many times he snuffed out plays and intercepted passes today? He is always like that. He isn't a fast runner but somehow he is well positioned and quick to the ball.

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 22:07 - May 1 with 2298 viewshantssi

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 21:43 - May 1 by Sharpy36

So he’s made 3 mistakes in over 40 odd games!
Name me one player in any league in the world who hasn’t!!
If he didn’t make any mistakes he’d not be playing for us that’s for certain.
Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 22:09 - May 1 with 2288 viewsgazza1

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 22:05 - May 1 by DylanP

I didn't say he was fast, I said he is quick. Did you see how many times he snuffed out plays and intercepted passes today? He is always like that. He isn't a fast runner but somehow he is well positioned and quick to the ball.

he is not fast or quick....he may be fast or quick if he was running with me though!!

He does well positionally and how he does well. He is also a good passes of the ball, not always but generally.
Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 00:59 - May 2 with 2130 viewsSteveB

I like him, a lot. I do love a CD who is prepared to tackle / defend with his face. Heart of a lion, distribution sound mostly. Would you prefer a 30k + a week Nedum O, or a Dickie on a fraction of that?

Future QPR Captain, no doubt & reminds me of a young Macca. What's not to love?
Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 03:24 - May 2 with 2063 viewskarl

This has the potential for weirdest thread ever, another 6 hrs should be enough to make a final decision
Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 07:11 - May 2 with 1967 viewsShotKneesHoop

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 03:24 - May 2 by karl

This has the potential for weirdest thread ever, another 6 hrs should be enough to make a final decision

Or six nano seconds to find something else - I'm off.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 07:25 - May 2 with 1949 viewsTonto

This thread is just so typical of social media.

1. Make a big statement as the heading.

2. Back it up with big claims using superlatives.

3. Backtrack quickly when challenged.

4. Ignore reality and facts throughout as opinion is more important these days.

Kinda surprised Dickie is the player getting ripped.

He is neither brilliant nor a bungler. He a decent championship player, who makes a few mistakes.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 09:28 - May 2 with 1807 viewsBurnleyhoop

He will never win a 10 mt sprint against most attacking players, but he has a great knack of timing his runs out of defence with the ball at his feet to instigate an attack from the back.

He knows he lacks pace and occasionally gets caught, but he reads the game well and positions himself accordingly.

Great signing and my pots. Plenty more to come from this lad.
Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 12:10 - May 2 with 1653 viewsJamesB1979

Bungler? Is that a joke? He’s played over 40 games in his 1st season in the Championship. You remember our defence last season? We conceded 76 goals. We’ve shaved 20 goals off that this season with loads of clean sheets. Not all down to him but a large part of it. You’re going to make mistakes when you play that many games and you’re inexperienced. I think he’s been immense. Player of season and in my view should be given captaincy long term.
Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 12:19 - May 2 with 1636 viewsEsox_Lucius

Anyone remember "oh no he's given away another penalty" Barbet when he first joined us? now he has played in every game and acquitted himself well throughout. He would be my POTY for the turnaround in his footballing fortunes.
I don't get why, with all the good things that have happened this season, that someone thought it would be a good idea to start a post post highlighting a players faults; then backtracking heavily when confronted upon it. Some people just don't seem happy unless they are picking fault in others.

The grass is always greener.

Dickie -- Brilliant or Bungler on 13:07 - May 2 with 1565 viewsT_Block

Brilliant or Bungler -neither.

1.Made our defence far more secure to high balls
2.Positioning for crosses very good .Cuts out nearly every thing.Gets into position early and gets head up early
3.Good ball control can pass very very well
4.Gets forward can shot well
5.Can cross well

Only issue is speed on the turn, which he can do little about.To cover this back four/five need to drop slowly limiting space into which opposition can run

Very good buy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024