Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer transfer rumours thread 12:34 - May 13 with 214410 viewsFrankRightguard

I’ll start with a bit of Twitter tittle tattle, Andre Dozzell from Ipswich

Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:58 - Jun 25 with 5290 viewstkqpr

I wouldnt of thought we would of been interested, however he most probably would have been at Forest when Warbs was there so he will have some knowledge of what he's about, and to contradict what i initially said, it shows that playing for Lincoln, successfully, in a number of positions, shows his versitility that Warbs keeps mentioning and likes in a player.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:25 - Jun 25 with 4943 viewsdmm

In his interview on the offish, Warburton said there was still a lot of work to do on transfers and the squad. Looking at what that work is, I can see what he means.

*Second keeper. Assuming Kelly's going, Barnes won't be considered and Walsh isn't ready, a covering keeper must be brought in. A few have been mooted so far but I think there may be others to consider.
*Left Back. I assume we're all hoping for George Cox.
*Right back. If Moses Odubajo proves his fitness he's in.
*Stephan Johansen. Enough said.
*Mide Shodipo. Is he for the first team, the B team, another loan or to be sold? Who knows?
*Liam Kelly. Must be off to Motherwell or Dundee Utd?
*Todd Kane. Will Charlton, Sunderland or Portsmouth take a chance?
*Dillon Barnes. Still not sure why he was given a further year. One for the B team perhaps?

And of course, there will be other situations we know little or nothing about.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:43 - Jun 25 with 4870 viewsLongsufferingR

Paul Smyth signed for Orient. I wonder what his first game will be?
Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:55 - Jun 25 with 4827 viewsDavieQPR

Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:43 - Jun 25 by LongsufferingR

A lot of people thought he should have been playing here yet he could only get Div 2 side. Same as Shopido will land up with.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 20:08 - Jun 25 with 4633 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:43 - Jun 25 by LongsufferingR

Good luck to him. I hope he gets the opportunity to show everyone what he can do!
Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:13 - Jun 26 with 4256 viewsloftboy

Rumours round these parts is that Bonne is going to Ipswich on loan.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:02 - Jun 26 with 4100 viewsQPR_Jim

Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:55 - Jun 25 by DavieQPR

A lot of people thought he should have been playing here yet he could only get Div 2 side. Same as Shopido will land up with.

They both showed a lot of promise, it's not always going to work out and sometimes you need a fresh start to get things going again.

With Smyth I saw him play a couple of times when on loan and some of the issues were how he was being played. I remember him coming on for Accrington against Gillingham and trying to single handedly win the match after 80min on the bench. The team there was set up for long balls to Kee and didn't change approach when they decided to put Smyth up top, so had to win the ball back to get a touch.

I hope he gets a team around him that will work with him.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:55 - Jun 26 with 3986 viewsdavman

Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:13 - Jun 26 by loftboy

Would make very little sense unless they are getting another striker in or think Kelman is ready.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:57 - Jun 26 with 3809 viewsDieByYourSide

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:55 - Jun 26 by davman

Would make very little sense unless they are getting another striker in or think Kelman is ready.

Yeah especially assuming we’re going to be playing a system with two strikers.

I’m sure the plan will become clear…

Poll: And it's hi ho

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:15 - Jun 26 with 3739 viewsozexile

Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:13 - Jun 26 by loftboy

No disrespect to Bonne but this doesn't suprise me, he just isn't up to it at Championship level.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:50 - Jun 26 with 3502 viewsfrancisbowles

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:15 - Jun 26 by ozexile

No disrespect to Bonne but this doesn't suprise me, he just isn't up to it at Championship level.

He's only started eight times for us. In the Championship for Charlton 26 starts and 11 goals. Still time for him to develop and too early to write off.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:17 - Jun 26 with 3422 viewsgolborne

Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:50 - Jun 26 by francisbowles

He's only started eight times for us. In the Championship for Charlton 26 starts and 11 goals. Still time for him to develop and too early to write off.

Some of his finishing wasn’t great this season, but his movement is good and constant. That’s natural, cos from what I remember he didn’t really have much, if any academy schooling. He’s a decent player who will get better and stop snatching at chances with a run in the team. Let’s face it, we were blessed with injuries last year, so the likelihood is we’ll see more of the squad in all areas this year. Kelman is probably the one to ship out til Xmas, although the intro of the b team might see less of this.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:30 - Jun 26 with 3392 viewsjeffranger

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:17 - Jun 26 by golborne

Some of his finishing wasn’t great this season, but his movement is good and constant. That’s natural, cos from what I remember he didn’t really have much, if any academy schooling. He’s a decent player who will get better and stop snatching at chances with a run in the team. Let’s face it, we were blessed with injuries last year, so the likelihood is we’ll see more of the squad in all areas this year. Kelman is probably the one to ship out til Xmas, although the intro of the b team might see less of this.

Bonnie out & windas in possible
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:10 - Jun 26 with 3260 viewsdavman

To be fair, this does appear to be gathering pace across t'internet...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:53 - Jun 26 with 3084 viewsdmm

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:57 - Jun 26 by DieByYourSide

Yeah especially assuming we’re going to be playing a system with two strikers.

I’m sure the plan will become clear…

We also played with one up top and two no 10s last season, even with Austin in the squad.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:57 - Jun 26 with 3068 viewsgazza1

Bonne = tough call what to do next.

Is he good enough to play for a championship team that has promotion aspirations?? Well last season he just didn't do enough imho, good attitude, some good moments, couple of super important goals but overall I am not so sure.

Can/Will he be good enough?? I am not sure with Bonne but I am willing to be supportive of him because I haven't seen him play enough and importantly enough games 'on the bounce'.

Sadly the 'jury is out' and maybe a loan would help or maybe CA needs to spend some time with him.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2021 16:59]
Summer transfer rumours thread on 17:09 - Jun 26 with 3036 viewsdmm

Dave Mc says Bonne is off to Ipswich on loan though not for how long. It'll be interesting to see who, if anyone, takes his spot in the squad.

Edit: TWTD says it's a season long loan
[Post edited 26 Jun 2021 17:13]
Summer transfer rumours thread on 17:13 - Jun 26 with 3023 viewsBazzeR

There is no mention of a loan with option to buy.

Ipswich looking to be on the up with money to spend on new players it could be a very good move for Bonne to find some form.

Ivan Toney turned his career around by dropping down a league.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:10 - Jun 26 with 2886 viewsRog

Confirmed
https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/macauley-bonne-joins-ipswich-town-on-loan-2
Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:15 - Jun 26 with 2860 viewsCiderwithRsie

Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:57 - Jun 26 by gazza1

Bonne = tough call what to do next.

Is he good enough to play for a championship team that has promotion aspirations?? Well last season he just didn't do enough imho, good attitude, some good moments, couple of super important goals but overall I am not so sure.

Can/Will he be good enough?? I am not sure with Bonne but I am willing to be supportive of him because I haven't seen him play enough and importantly enough games 'on the bounce'.

Sadly the 'jury is out' and maybe a loan would help or maybe CA needs to spend some time with him.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2021 16:59]

Ipswich seems a good move, to me. As you say, there are good things and we'd all like to see him come good but the jury's very much out, and with Austin and Dykes ahead of him plus other attacking players (Chair, Willock, Dozzell etc) he's not going to get the game time he needs with us - much better to do it at Ipswich for all concerned.

No mention of an option to buy so doesn't sound like we're writing him off

Plus as mentioned on the Armstrong thread it frees up a bench place for Kelman and Armstrong.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:32 - Jun 27 with 2366 viewsrsonist

Cardiff replace the released Joe Bennett with someone-I-like-but-probably-overrate in Ryan Giles. Season loan wouldn't have been right for us, but another attractive signing from Mick. Feel like obvious dark horses. Maybe too obvious...

Luton win the race for tricky winger Carlos Mendes Gomes from Morecambe, to play on the other side of Onyedinma. Otherwise unimpressive Cameron Jerome, Henri Lansbury and Amari'i Bell start to look like canny signings for balance next to these.

Will be interesting to see how Blackpool get along. Good coach, some good players there, and looking purposeful and creative with their mostly young signings.

Brum add Jordan Graham and Chuks Aneke to Woods to make it three Steve Gallen-ish signings I wouldn't have minded ourselves having a punt on in the past but probably not now.

Ben Wilmot linked to us for a second there goes to Stoke but a £2m fee looks iffy regardless of their Collins windfall.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2021 11:36]
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:07 - Jun 27 with 2261 viewsBazzeR

Couple of whispers on Norwich forum that Jordan Hugill could go out on loan to a Championship Club.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:31 - Jun 27 with 2191 viewsdanehoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:07 - Jun 27 by BazzeR

Couple of whispers on Norwich forum that Jordan Hugill could go out on loan to a Championship Club.

Could you imagine a Chas, Dykes and Austin frontline in the Championship?
There would be carnage and goals with that level of physicality and threat if you had them all playing together.

Never knowingly understood

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:54 - Jun 27 with 2130 viewsStainrod

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:31 - Jun 27 by danehoop

Could you imagine a Chas, Dykes and Austin frontline in the Championship?
There would be carnage and goals with that level of physicality and threat if you had them all playing together.

As we seem to be "going for it" in other areas it doesn't make much sense unless another striker is coming in. Haven't seen anything in Kelman yet to suggest he is nearly ready. Can't see it being WIndas if Sheff Wed want £5m (tho will probably end up with a fiver and a bag of Quavers for him). Hugill or Wells and we would be flying, but that's probably the stuff of fantasy...
Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:25 - Jun 27 with 2036 viewsrsonist

So tired of all this going for it / gearing up for a promotion push cobblers. We're not changing direction to splash out beyond our means.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024