Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer transfer rumours thread 12:34 - May 13 with 214483 viewsFrankRightguard

I’ll start with a bit of Twitter tittle tattle, Andre Dozzell from Ipswich

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:59 - Aug 7 with 5505 viewsQPR_John

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:09 - Aug 7 by SK_hoops

Sheff Utd interested in Dieng apparently. No negotiations as of yet however:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15808530/sheff-utd-qpr-dieng-arsenal-ram
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 22:13]

So they get £32M and we help them get a replacement who has attracted Premier League interest for only £6M.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 23:01]
Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:42 - Aug 7 with 5363 viewsMyke

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:59 - Aug 7 by QPR_John

So they get £32M and we help them get a replacement who has attracted Premier League interest for only £6M.

'Only' £6M . If we get that kind of money for a player that wasn't in our first team plans until 12 months ago .I would say it's a great deal and exactly what we should be trying to do. Walsh is impressing in training and we also have Archer and Barnes, so we are not bereft of keepers. And £6M (or a significant portion of it) could be reinvested in transfers in January if needs be.
Of course it's only the Sun so probably nothing in it
Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:51 - Aug 7 with 5348 viewsDavieQPR

Archer and Barnes are nowhere near Championship quality.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 05:26 - Aug 8 with 5185 viewseghamranger

I can’t see why he would want to go to Sheffield United a club that’s doing nothing this season.

I see that Ravel has signed for derby after impressing on loan!!!
Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:14 - Aug 8 with 5009 views1JD

Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:42 - Aug 7 by Myke

'Only' £6M . If we get that kind of money for a player that wasn't in our first team plans until 12 months ago .I would say it's a great deal and exactly what we should be trying to do. Walsh is impressing in training and we also have Archer and Barnes, so we are not bereft of keepers. And £6M (or a significant portion of it) could be reinvested in transfers in January if needs be.
Of course it's only the Sun so probably nothing in it

The football transfer market works in the same way as any other market and works on the basis of other similar valuations of houses / shares / players delete as appropriate.

If you want to have fun placing a value on a players head as a fan the best way to arrive at it is to look at past fees of players of similar age, ability, international recognition, future potential, etc.

The financial situation of the club, and the length of contract left are also contributing factors.

In summary, compared to the 12m fee that David Raya was going to Arsenal for in the previous summer (and even that was due to a release clause being activated), 6m is chicken feed and he won’t be going for that as a. He is under contract for 3 more years and 2. We aren’t desperate for money.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:38 - Aug 8 with 4923 viewsQPRSteve

Can't see us letting him go for double the amount quoted. I would think he was a part of the reason that Charlie and JoJo signed for us this summer. What would his sale say to them?

Plus it's ta comic reporting it, not a proper paper.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:11 - Aug 8 with 4754 viewsLazyFan

Dieng would be sold by us for £6m easy.
We could then buy Smithies from Cardiff for £600K as he was on their bench Saturday.

With £6m for Goalies, you can find many replacements.

zzzzzzzzzz

Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:08 - Aug 8 with 4619 viewsrsonist

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-fc-seny-dieng-sheffield-united-

Reading between the lines I think the WLS gossip column is trying to tell us something.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:14 - Aug 8 with 4598 viewsRangersw12

Chair to Norwich for 11.5 million is the latest rumour on my group chat
Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:35 - Aug 8 with 4563 viewsCiderwithRsie

Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:08 - Aug 8 by rsonist

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-fc-seny-dieng-sheffield-united-

Reading between the lines I think the WLS gossip column is trying to tell us something.

I do quite like the way they present those stories. They could just put-up a headline saying "The Sunday Sun is full of sh*t - here's the latest" but this is quite subtle.

I suspect it is a way for decent journalists like Dave McIntyyre, who does a really professional job of covering his local side, works off a bit of frustration with the sort of clowns who I imagine get paid much more for making stuff up in the big tabloids.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:05 - Aug 8 with 4421 viewsMatch82

Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:14 - Aug 8 by Rangersw12

Chair to Norwich for 11.5 million is the latest rumour on my group chat

There isn't a single player in our squad that I wouldn't sell for anything in 8 figures plus a half decent sell on fee. And honestly that's probably the way we create a sustainable future as a club. The recruitment and coaching over the last couple of years has been exceptional and I'd trust them to find a replacement almost as good and train them up to the same level. And repeat. That's how we will survive and thrive as a club and what we did for decades in the past.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:30 - Aug 8 with 4359 viewsEsox_Lucius

Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:05 - Aug 8 by Match82

There isn't a single player in our squad that I wouldn't sell for anything in 8 figures plus a half decent sell on fee. And honestly that's probably the way we create a sustainable future as a club. The recruitment and coaching over the last couple of years has been exceptional and I'd trust them to find a replacement almost as good and train them up to the same level. And repeat. That's how we will survive and thrive as a club and what we did for decades in the past.

Unless of course we keep the team together and are promoted. That would bring in a lot more revenue than selling £20m worth of players to struggle until we can find another team of players as good as the ones we currently have.
IIRC Austin & Johansen signed because they were happy with QPR's level of ambition so I don't suppose that would have encompassed selling off our best players.

The grass is always greener.

Summer transfer rumours thread on 17:17 - Aug 8 with 4263 viewsMatch82

Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:30 - Aug 8 by Esox_Lucius

Unless of course we keep the team together and are promoted. That would bring in a lot more revenue than selling £20m worth of players to struggle until we can find another team of players as good as the ones we currently have.
IIRC Austin & Johansen signed because they were happy with QPR's level of ambition so I don't suppose that would have encompassed selling off our best players.

I love this squad of players and don't want to see it broken up, but that is a pretty big "unless" though isn't it? That's what 10+ other clubs are saying too and the reason half of them are under water.

If we are top 3 in January and an offer comes in then that's obviously a different context, but right now I'd take the money

We are 20/1 ish for promotion not exactly a shoo in.

Edit: definitely not a spelling/grammar mistake
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 23:30]
Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:19 - Aug 8 with 4018 viewsGloryHunter

Summer transfer rumours thread on 17:17 - Aug 8 by Match82

I love this squad of players and don't want to see it broken up, but that is a pretty big "unless" though isn't it? That's what 10+ other clubs are saying too and the reason half of them are under water.

If we are top 3 in January and an offer comes in then that's obviously a different context, but right now I'd take the money

Shoo in.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:31 - Aug 8 with 3994 viewsMatch82

Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:19 - Aug 8 by GloryHunter

Shoo in.

That's what I said
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:54 - Aug 9 with 3694 viewsderbyhoop

Warbs doesn't know where that information (sic!) came from, nor how they arrived at that figure.
His comments implied that it was nowhere near QPR's valuation although any offer received that QPR think is good enough will see players departing.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:39 - Aug 9 with 3534 viewsPinnerPaul

Summer transfer rumours thread on 17:17 - Aug 8 by Match82

7/1 ish for promotion, that 20/1 ish is to win the thing!
Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:16 - Aug 9 with 3335 viewsLazyFan

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:54 - Aug 9 by derbyhoop

Warbs doesn't know where that information (sic!) came from, nor how they arrived at that figure.
His comments implied that it was nowhere near QPR's valuation although any offer received that QPR think is good enough will see players departing.

Warbs said that in April, this August.

zzzzzzzzzz

Summer transfer rumours thread on 00:38 - Aug 10 with 3158 viewsDavieQPR

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:16 - Aug 9 by LazyFan

Warbs said that in April, this August.

The Sun said the same thing in April for the same price but to West Ham so I would imagine Warburton's answer would be the same.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:40 - Aug 10 with 2829 viewsTheChef

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:08 - Aug 5 by aston_hoop

forget Paul Mullin, not that much cash at that level, Matheus Pereira is the money grabber that has caught my attention this week. 25 years old and off the back of a good Prem season, he's off to Saudi to play uncompetitive football for huge amounts.

The Pereira move is not that surprising, given Brazilian footballers tend to come from poorer background they just look to maximise their earning opportunities. Quite a few have gone to Russia and China in the last few years.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:27 - Aug 10 with 2708 viewsMedwayR

Flynn Downes from Ipswich to Swansea for £1m.

Poll: Who’s better?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:26 - Aug 10 with 2405 viewstkqpr

Blackburn now have £15m from the sale of Armstrong to Southampton so that'll be a bit more money to slosh around the Championship.

Were they meant to be after JoJo?

They will need a striker form somewhere
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:27 - Aug 11 with 2092 viewsdmm

Not a transfer or rumour as such, but I see Charley Kendall has left the club by mutual agreement. It's a shame as he's been well thought of, and the bits and pieces I've seen of him have been impressive.

Perhaps it's not surprising with four strikers of similar or younger age coming in over the last 12 months - Kelman, of course, Armstrong, Adarkwa and Lloyd - who may have all been ahead of him in the pecking order.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:37 - Aug 11 with 2059 viewsLazyFan

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:27 - Aug 11 by dmm

Not a transfer or rumour as such, but I see Charley Kendall has left the club by mutual agreement. It's a shame as he's been well thought of, and the bits and pieces I've seen of him have been impressive.

Perhaps it's not surprising with four strikers of similar or younger age coming in over the last 12 months - Kelman, of course, Armstrong, Adarkwa and Lloyd - who may have all been ahead of him in the pecking order.

It is confusing, Charlie Kelman not equal to Charley Kendall, but it does not help their names are close to the same on first glance.

I suspect Kendall sees his chances will be limited behind Alfa, Hulk and others.

zzzzzzzzzz

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:53 - Aug 11 with 1994 viewsenfieldargh

Noises were made about Lawrence Shankland last season well he's off to Beerschott in Belgium which is where quite a lot of us would like to do

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024