Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer transfer rumours thread 12:34 - May 13 with 214436 viewsFrankRightguard

I’ll start with a bit of Twitter tittle tattle, Andre Dozzell from Ipswich

Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:12 - Aug 4 with 3110 viewsdaveB

Summer transfer rumours thread on 21:40 - Aug 4 by golborne

Ambition is overly used to disguise money demands in football, but in this instance it’s not their words. My tuppence worth is, that’s a big arse to warm on that bench. Pep must think he can re-coach him into being a team player, rather than going down blind alleys trying to draw a foul. Just don’t see him as a move the ball quickly Pep type player and the more I think about it, it stinks of them taking him off the market just in case/make your mind up Spurs we’re about to turn the piggy bank upside down and there might not be enough money in there for two over priced players.

he was already on massive money at Villa so i don't buy that this is about money. It's a good opportunity for Grealish, he's a really exciting player and hope he does well
Summer transfer rumours thread on 08:51 - Aug 5 with 2833 viewsThGrimRanger

Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:59 - Aug 4 by rsonist

Big dominoes falling now.

Seems Blackburn sticking to their Armstrong valuation might pay off... apart from costing them most of the summer to spend the extra few bob.

lets hope this one comes off now - he'll score a lot of goals for Blackburn if he stays

TheGrimRanger

Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:20 - Aug 5 with 2762 viewsRBlock

Summer transfer rumours thread on 21:40 - Aug 4 by golborne

Ambition is overly used to disguise money demands in football, but in this instance it’s not their words. My tuppence worth is, that’s a big arse to warm on that bench. Pep must think he can re-coach him into being a team player, rather than going down blind alleys trying to draw a foul. Just don’t see him as a move the ball quickly Pep type player and the more I think about it, it stinks of them taking him off the market just in case/make your mind up Spurs we’re about to turn the piggy bank upside down and there might not be enough money in there for two over priced players.

Disagree that Grealish isn't a 'Pep type player'. You would have said the same about Sterling, until he went there and his game hugely improved under Guardiola, learning to find space in the box and improve his finishing. Grealish, as one of the advanced no.8s with KDB, playing in the inside left channel, drawing in defenders before releasing it could cause havoc. Instead of being the main fulcrum at Aston Villa, he could learn a huge amount fitting into Pep's system.

Side note, Grealish, Foden, Sterling, and possibly Kane, training and playing together every week bodes well for England.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:55 - Aug 5 with 2694 viewsrsonist

I think critics are seeing Grealish as just another Mahrez, whereas the general idea is that he'll likely often be playing a bit deeper as a less subtle turbo Bernardo (who's reportedly been looking for a move for a while).

You could say it's a tweak in a less stylistically Peppy direction, but they've gone for the likes of Fred and Alexis Sanchez before so it's never really been quite as dogmatic as caricatured.

It's a more justifiable sporting challenge for Grealish than it is for Kane, to whom the following cute line better applies...

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:05 - Aug 5 with 2660 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:12 - Aug 4 by daveB

he was already on massive money at Villa so i don't buy that this is about money. It's a good opportunity for Grealish, he's a really exciting player and hope he does well

Sky are reporting Villa actually offered him a bigger contract than he'll get at City.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:07 - Aug 5 with 2652 viewsNorthernr

Whole thing is probably going to render all the Championship previews redundant within an week or so. Money into Villa, and consequently Southampton, probably means Blackburn get their big chunk for Armstrong and start spending, Bournemouth get their Danjuma money and potentially go after JCL at Peterborough. Going to look very different in a few weeks probs.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:42 - Aug 5 with 2573 viewsdaveB

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:07 - Aug 5 by Northernr

Whole thing is probably going to render all the Championship previews redundant within an week or so. Money into Villa, and consequently Southampton, probably means Blackburn get their big chunk for Armstrong and start spending, Bournemouth get their Danjuma money and potentially go after JCL at Peterborough. Going to look very different in a few weeks probs.

yeah the window shutting late will have consequences, wonder if one of the lower end Prem teams come in for Dickie or Chair before the window shuts.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:45 - Aug 5 with 2496 viewsRBlock

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:07 - Aug 5 by Northernr

Fancy doing a whole new set of season previews next month?
Login to get fewer ads

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:47 - Aug 5 with 2487 viewsNorthernr

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:45 - Aug 5 by RBlock

Fancy doing a whole new set of season previews next month?

no.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:51 - Aug 5 with 2328 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:42 - Aug 5 by daveB

yeah the window shutting late will have consequences, wonder if one of the lower end Prem teams come in for Dickie or Chair before the window shuts.

Could see some interest in Chair from Norwich if Villa go for Cantwell. Or if Leicester cover Fofana by chucking some wedge at Burnley for Tarky.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:38 - Aug 5 with 2242 viewscaliforniahoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:51 - Aug 5 by rsonist

Could see some interest in Chair from Norwich if Villa go for Cantwell. Or if Leicester cover Fofana by chucking some wedge at Burnley for Tarky.

Just said, with this Gray rumour, Watford we’re allegedly sniffing around Chair?
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:42 - Aug 5 with 2225 viewsPinnerPaul

Summer transfer rumours thread on 20:42 - Aug 4 by eghamranger

Can’t stand some footballers… it’s so all about the money..

Grealish to city…. Last season he said, he loves Villa… boy hood club, fan… etc etc.

Now Ings…. Love’s Southampton , born and bred down the road, loves Dorset… again blah blah blah… moving to villa…. Why villa ffs. Clearly for money. Blokes just a sick note anyway.

So love our club when I see these headlines …

Was interested/sad to hear on commentary v Cambridge that their top scorer has dropped down two divisions and out of the FL to join Wrexham.

Now that's obviously because of the glorious Welsh scenery or money - wonder which it is.........................
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:45 - Aug 5 with 2207 viewsPinnerPaul

Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:12 - Aug 4 by daveB

Its a lovely thought Dave, but sadly can't see it being true.

Would he move to City for less money?

If Liverpool offered more money, would he still move to City?

Just to be clear I don't blame him, people leave jobs for more money all the time, why should footballers be any different?
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:45 - Aug 5 with 2206 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:42 - Aug 5 by PinnerPaul

Was interested/sad to hear on commentary v Cambridge that their top scorer has dropped down two divisions and out of the FL to join Wrexham.

Now that's obviously because of the glorious Welsh scenery or money - wonder which it is.........................

Can't bring myself to dislike a player in League One and below doing that. Especially if they are approaching 30 or older.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:48 - Aug 5 with 2187 viewsterryb

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:42 - Aug 5 by PinnerPaul

You missed out Pinner that they stated he signed for Wrexham due to the length of the contract.

I would imagine that three years or one year might have been an easy decision for him to make.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:55 - Aug 5 with 2166 viewsPinnerPaul

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:48 - Aug 5 by terryb

You missed out Pinner that they stated he signed for Wrexham due to the length of the contract.

I would imagine that three years or one year might have been an easy decision for him to make.

and nothing to do with the money?

He's also only 26 so why on earth wouldn't Cambridge offer a 3 year contract to a record breaking scorer.

Love the way we're all so ambivalent over other clubs.

Imagine we get promoted and one of our players leaves us for a league one club - what are we going to say " Good luck mate"
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:56 - Aug 5 with 2157 viewsPinnerPaul

Just to repeat I don't blame any footballer for moving on for money, but to pretend that isn't the case is a bit naive I think.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:02 - Aug 5 with 2126 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:56 - Aug 5 by PinnerPaul

Just to repeat I don't blame any footballer for moving on for money, but to pretend that isn't the case is a bit naive I think.

True.

‘I’m 31 years old and on £52k pa but could be out of work in a couple of years! Of course I’m moving for the money’
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:08 - Aug 5 with 2099 viewsaston_hoop

forget Paul Mullin, not that much cash at that level, Matheus Pereira is the money grabber that has caught my attention this week. 25 years old and off the back of a good Prem season, he's off to Saudi to play uncompetitive football for huge amounts.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:31 - Aug 5 with 1924 viewsterryb

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:55 - Aug 5 by PinnerPaul

and nothing to do with the money?

He's also only 26 so why on earth wouldn't Cambridge offer a 3 year contract to a record breaking scorer.

Love the way we're all so ambivalent over other clubs.

Imagine we get promoted and one of our players leaves us for a league one club - what are we going to say " Good luck mate"

That you would have to ask Cambridge! From what was said, they had only offered a year & I think Wrexham had three years.

Of course it is about money, but that length of contract sounds like a good selling point to me.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:02 - Aug 5 with 1866 viewsdaveB

Messi has just left Barcelona
Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:11 - Aug 5 with 1837 viewsBucksRanger

Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:02 - Aug 5 by daveB

Messi has just left Barcelona

Has he signed for Wrexham as well?
Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:18 - Aug 5 with 1804 viewsdaveB

Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:11 - Aug 5 by BucksRanger

Has he signed for Wrexham as well?

I think he'll go to either Chelsea or PSG
Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:49 - Aug 5 with 1744 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:18 - Aug 5 by daveB

I think he'll go to either Chelsea or PSG

It's a nuclear option hoax (that Messi's in on) to terrify La Liga, all their sponsors, their broadcasters and new private equity funding deal into letting Barca go back to doing what they like without financial restriction.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:54 - Aug 5 with 1714 viewsdenhamhoop2

Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:49 - Aug 5 by rsonist

It's a nuclear option hoax (that Messi's in on) to terrify La Liga, all their sponsors, their broadcasters and new private equity funding deal into letting Barca go back to doing what they like without financial restriction.

+1 It's all so they can avoid League Rules
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024