Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer transfer rumours thread 12:34 - May 13 with 214521 viewsFrankRightguard

I’ll start with a bit of Twitter tittle tattle, Andre Dozzell from Ipswich

Summer transfer rumours thread on 20:28 - Aug 5 with 3764 viewsichbinnaughty

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:47 - Aug 5 by Northernr

no.

Lightweight
Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:40 - Aug 5 with 3547 viewsdaveB

Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:49 - Aug 5 by rsonist

It's a nuclear option hoax (that Messi's in on) to terrify La Liga, all their sponsors, their broadcasters and new private equity funding deal into letting Barca go back to doing what they like without financial restriction.

yeah that's the plan from Barcelona but may well backfire if PSG give him a big contract
Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:41 - Aug 5 with 3533 viewsMyke

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:07 - Aug 5 by Northernr

Whole thing is probably going to render all the Championship previews redundant within an week or so. Money into Villa, and consequently Southampton, probably means Blackburn get their big chunk for Armstrong and start spending, Bournemouth get their Danjuma money and potentially go after JCL at Peterborough. Going to look very different in a few weeks probs.

Great thing is we have our business done nice and early and have a settled squad from match day one. Of course there is always a risk that a bid will come in for Dickie/Chair/Willock and if it is substantial we will probably accept it. But I do think it would have to be an exceptional bid to cause us to accept as I think the hierarchy believe we have a squad capable of having a real tilt at promotion. Also, I think we could suffer the loss of ONE of the above, without weakening us drastically.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:51 - Aug 5 with 3504 viewsgazza1

Money comes into play but........winning trophies and improving his game are the reasons why he (Grealish) has gone to Man City.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 22:56]
Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:58 - Aug 5 with 3497 viewsgolborne

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:41 - Aug 5 by Myke

Great thing is we have our business done nice and early and have a settled squad from match day one. Of course there is always a risk that a bid will come in for Dickie/Chair/Willock and if it is substantial we will probably accept it. But I do think it would have to be an exceptional bid to cause us to accept as I think the hierarchy believe we have a squad capable of having a real tilt at promotion. Also, I think we could suffer the loss of ONE of the above, without weakening us drastically.

I don’t we’ll sell anyone. Fire sale will happen at the end of the season, if we’re still a champ club. Ilia’s will be down to 2 years, as would willock, I believe
Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:02 - Aug 5 with 3484 viewsBazzeR

I can’t see many players turning down the opportunity to work with Pep or Bielsa.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:14 - Aug 5 with 3458 viewsCiderwithRsie

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:51 - Aug 5 by gazza1

Money comes into play but........winning trophies and improving his game are the reasons why he (Grealish) has gone to Man City.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 22:56]

Agreed.

People slag off players for greed and disloyalty but if you are a top player you are competitive and want medals, caps etc to prove it.

I think that's also what drives a lot of the money too - after a point an extra million or two in the bank isn't going to make a difference, but you want to be the best and getting paid more is a way of proving it.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:21 - Aug 5 with 3426 viewsMyke

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:58 - Aug 5 by golborne

I don’t we’ll sell anyone. Fire sale will happen at the end of the season, if we’re still a champ club. Ilia’s will be down to 2 years, as would willock, I believe

Don't think it will be a 'firesale' scenario. If and when we do sell these players it will be on our terms.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer transfer rumours thread on 07:29 - Aug 6 with 3237 viewsdistortR

Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:14 - Aug 5 by CiderwithRsie

Agreed.

People slag off players for greed and disloyalty but if you are a top player you are competitive and want medals, caps etc to prove it.

I think that's also what drives a lot of the money too - after a point an extra million or two in the bank isn't going to make a difference, but you want to be the best and getting paid more is a way of proving it.

we all say about how that extra million or two doesn't really affect their decisions, and while they have more money then they could possibly ever spend by our terms. very wealthy people are strange. Enough is never enough.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:10 - Aug 6 with 3081 viewsDavieQPR

Virtually every player we have signed recently has a 1yr option in their contract.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:28 - Aug 6 with 3016 viewsMalintabuk

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:41 - Aug 5 by Myke

Sensible post and agree. Think the summer business as raised hopes and expectations, but I still think our business model is still looking to develop and sell on to stay ahead of the game
Think if any good offer comes for a player we will sell
The good thing I totally agree with is if we did sell then we may still have the personell to step in
Example if Dickie was sold you still have Barbet, de Wijs and Dunn and also most likely perm Masterson into that
Same with Willock and Chair
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:03 - Aug 6 with 2944 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:40 - Aug 5 by daveB

yeah that's the plan from Barcelona but may well backfire if PSG give him a big contract

Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:05 - Aug 6 with 2803 viewsrsonist

Another day, another rival for Bonne's spot at Ipswich - England youth prodigy Louie Barry on loan from Villa this time.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:17 - Aug 6 with 2585 viewsaston_hoop

Donny have signed a Watford keeper on loan, assume that means Dillon Barnes didnt 'pass' his trial

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:33 - Aug 6 with 2530 viewsterryb

Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:05 - Aug 6 by rsonist

Another day, another rival for Bonne's spot at Ipswich - England youth prodigy Louie Barry on loan from Villa this time.

And they've now signed Sone Aluko.

Paul Cook must be expecting the ball to be in the opponents half all the match with the number of forwards he has!
Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:08 - Aug 6 with 2461 viewsfrancisbowles

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:28 - Aug 6 by Malintabuk

Sensible post and agree. Think the summer business as raised hopes and expectations, but I still think our business model is still looking to develop and sell on to stay ahead of the game
Think if any good offer comes for a player we will sell
The good thing I totally agree with is if we did sell then we may still have the personell to step in
Example if Dickie was sold you still have Barbet, de Wijs and Dunn and also most likely perm Masterson into that
Same with Willock and Chair

Dunne, De Wijs and Barbet all left footed, so that could be lopsided If we did lose Dickie then we don't really have a replacement of the same standard or close to it. Masterson probably not ready and Kakay is a right back who can fill in.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:14 - Aug 6 with 2446 viewsMyke

Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:08 - Aug 6 by francisbowles

Dunne, De Wijs and Barbet all left footed, so that could be lopsided If we did lose Dickie then we don't really have a replacement of the same standard or close to it. Masterson probably not ready and Kakay is a right back who can fill in.

Think Dunne is right footed
Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:32 - Aug 6 with 2404 viewsfrancisbowles

Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:14 - Aug 6 by Myke

Think Dunne is right footed

You may be right. I thought he was left footed. I think he played a match for Burnley at left back and he seems to have come on for Barbet in a friendly or two. However transfermarket says under the feet heading BOTH!
Summer transfer rumours thread on 07:39 - Aug 7 with 2291 viewsdmm

Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:32 - Aug 6 by francisbowles

You may be right. I thought he was left footed. I think he played a match for Burnley at left back and he seems to have come on for Barbet in a friendly or two. However transfermarket says under the feet heading BOTH!

When Dunne came in I wondered which was his favoured foot. Looking into it it seems he is left footed but is clearly comfortable using his right. Another plus point for this lad.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 08:18 - Aug 7 with 2235 viewsBazzeR

In his highlights reel he does seem quite adept with both feet,it also showed a good number of Barbet type diagonal passes with his left foot.
Watching him closely in the Cambridge game he displayed a more no frills approach to his passing game and as Saxbend explained in his recent post sometimes ‘hoofed’ the ball out of defence.
Dunne remarked in his signing video that becoming a better ball playing defender is an area that would come with more games.
Best proper defender we signed on a free since Danny Maddix imo
Summer transfer rumours thread on 08:35 - Aug 7 with 2199 viewsdistortR

alan armstrong - newcastle take 40% of the profit.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:25 - Aug 7 with 2033 viewsMyke

Summer transfer rumours thread on 07:39 - Aug 7 by dmm

When Dunne came in I wondered which was his favoured foot. Looking into it it seems he is left footed but is clearly comfortable using his right. Another plus point for this lad.

Moses very comfortable with his left too as he demonstrated v United! We are certainly not short of lefties!
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:45 - Aug 7 with 2003 viewsdmm

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:25 - Aug 7 by Myke

Moses very comfortable with his left too as he demonstrated v United! We are certainly not short of lefties!

We've the most left footed players in the squad I can remember. Out of the 27 who've been given squad numbers, 11 are lefties.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:37 - Aug 7 with 1930 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:33 - Aug 6 by terryb

And they've now signed Sone Aluko.

Paul Cook must be expecting the ball to be in the opponents half all the match with the number of forwards he has!

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/itfc-owners-on-running-towards-adversi

All this for... Sone Aluko...
Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:09 - Aug 7 with 1728 viewsSK_hoops

Sheff Utd interested in Dieng apparently. No negotiations as of yet however:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15808530/sheff-utd-qpr-dieng-arsenal-ram
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 22:13]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024