Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer transfer rumours thread 12:34 - May 13 with 214494 viewsFrankRightguard

I’ll start with a bit of Twitter tittle tattle, Andre Dozzell from Ipswich

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:42 - Aug 11 with 4794 viewsderbyhoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:27 - Aug 11 by dmm

Not a transfer or rumour as such, but I see Charley Kendall has left the club by mutual agreement. It's a shame as he's been well thought of, and the bits and pieces I've seen of him have been impressive.

Perhaps it's not surprising with four strikers of similar or younger age coming in over the last 12 months - Kelman, of course, Armstrong, Adarkwa and Lloyd - who may have all been ahead of him in the pecking order.

I noticed that one, too and was a bit surprised.
In his last season in the U18s (2 years ago?) he scored loads and looked like the next great hope.
With Armstrong and Adarkwa seeming to share U23 striking duties in pre-season, he must have thought his chances were limited. Did OK at Eastbourne Borough last season but that may be his level.

Has anybody seen Ramkilde since the 6-4 loss to Man Utd U23s?
We saw more of Sean Goss than Marko. Clive will be handing out prizes for a confirmed sighting.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 17:31 - Aug 11 with 4468 viewsgolborne

Summer transfer rumours thread on 17:17 - Aug 8 by Match82

I love this squad of players and don't want to see it broken up, but that is a pretty big "unless" though isn't it? That's what 10+ other clubs are saying too and the reason half of them are under water.

If we are top 3 in January and an offer comes in then that's obviously a different context, but right now I'd take the money

We are 20/1 ish for promotion not exactly a shoo in.

Edit: definitely not a spelling/grammar mistake
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 23:30]

If it were to keep the gates open, then it’s name your price. If £11m to reinvest, then they can keep it. We can’t replace what chair brings for £11m. He is far more integral to this team than Eze ever was. His work rate and eye makes us tick and that was sorely missed on Saturday, and for that matter his easiness on the eye. It’s what I carry my arse over there for, to watch players like that every now and then. This is probably the closest we’ve been to putting a promotion challenge in since relegation and as good as any championship side we’ve had in the past 25 years. If we don’t go up this year, I fully expect this team to be dismantled at the end of the year. Not because we need to, but because we are unlikely to hold players back from their natural progression. Chair is ready to step up now, Willock will be if he continues where he left off and Dickie is heading that way, too. I don’t think the club will sell any until the end of the year, unless the player knocks on the managers door and the money meets our valuation. Norwich got £25m odd for a full back, who I wouldn’t say was anymore standout in his position as Chair is in his.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:20 - Aug 11 with 4260 viewsaston_hoop

Jannik Vestergaaaaard going from Southampton to Leicester which I suppose leaves Southampton with a few quid in their account and a Rob Dickie shaped hole in their defence. roll on the end of the transfer window

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:10 - Aug 16 with 3886 viewsrsonist

Swansea supposedly loaning Max Lowe from Sheff Utd, supposedly also allowing King Warnock to buy Bidwell.

Ryan Manning MOTM on Saturday playing the Barbet role in a back three, of all things.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:17 - Aug 16 with 3862 viewsNorthernr

Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:10 - Aug 16 by rsonist

Swansea supposedly loaning Max Lowe from Sheff Utd, supposedly also allowing King Warnock to buy Bidwell.

Ryan Manning MOTM on Saturday playing the Barbet role in a back three, of all things.

Yes watched that Saturday night. Sheff UTd playing Brewster at full back probably helped.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:30 - Aug 16 with 3620 viewsAntti_Heinola

Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:17 - Aug 16 by Northernr

Yes watched that Saturday night. Sheff UTd playing Brewster at full back probably helped.

That was bizarre wasn't it? Bidwell seemed to be playing as an out and out left winger, and Manning on the left of a back three, which seems the wrong way round. Manning played really well, although other teams I would imagine would be absolutely bombarding high balls from their left (Swansea's right) to attack him and would get a lot of joy with that tactic.
Both sides didn't look great, although I expect Sheff U to improve.

Bare bones.

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:57 - Aug 16 with 3559 viewsNorthernr

I don't get why you'd take over that group of players that Sheff Utd have and try to crowbar them into that formation.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:30 - Aug 16 with 3324 viewsNorthernr

Little Tom training at Ipswich apparently.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:00 - Aug 16 with 3220 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:30 - Aug 16 by Northernr

Because Dozzell was too lightweight and technical for that level you see...
Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:15 - Aug 16 with 3189 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:30 - Aug 16 by Northernr

So Tom couldn't get a contract offer from chronically under-manned Derby (or wanted too much wonga), and is now training at a League side, which, if they offer him a contract, are sure to offer him less that Warbs did couple of months back.

Wonder if he's regretting that now?
Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:17 - Aug 16 with 3182 viewsNorthernr

Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:00 - Aug 16 by rsonist

Because Dozzell was too lightweight and technical for that level you see...

Ipswich in danger of turning into one of those footballing bin fires, consuming anything and everything you pour into it. Redone the whole squad this summer, one draw with Morecambe to show for it so far.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:44 - Aug 16 with 3058 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:15 - Aug 16 by Ashdown_Ranger

So Tom couldn't get a contract offer from chronically under-manned Derby (or wanted too much wonga), and is now training at a League side, which, if they offer him a contract, are sure to offer him less that Warbs did couple of months back.

Wonder if he's regretting that now?

Far from sure Ipswich would be offering less. But yeah okay he's crying every night. Take that, half-decent-for-us squad player!
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:33 - Aug 16 with 2926 viewsPhildo

Kevin Bond replacing Clint Hill as he who will not be named's assistant manager at the gasheads
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:52 - Aug 16 with 2879 viewsgazza1

Little TC eh, MW knew what he was doing. Probably struggle at Ipswich, Div 1 will be far too physical & 'in your face' for him.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:25 - Aug 16 with 2546 viewsMyke

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:52 - Aug 16 by gazza1

Little TC eh, MW knew what he was doing. Probably struggle at Ipswich, Div 1 will be far too physical & 'in your face' for him.

Paul Cook is an excellent manager so I expect Carroll to thrive. Nothing to suggest Dozzell is an upgrade yet - although he has time on his side
Summer transfer rumours thread on 07:08 - Aug 17 with 2404 viewsdavman

Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:25 - Aug 16 by Myke

Paul Cook is an excellent manager so I expect Carroll to thrive. Nothing to suggest Dozzell is an upgrade yet - although he has time on his side

Disagree on this one Myke. I liked Tom Carroll as he upped the pace of the game with us, but Dozell appears to do that more progressively to me. He is always looking for a forward pass and I love those disguised "laser" passes he does. Yes, it's early, but for me the signs are good.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 07:20 - Aug 17 with 2384 viewsstevec

Was hoping LTC would sign for Sheff Wed and form the ‘dream team’ centre midfield. Well on the bench anyway.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 07:53 - Aug 17 with 2326 viewsdmm

Summer transfer rumours thread on 07:08 - Aug 17 by davman

Disagree on this one Myke. I liked Tom Carroll as he upped the pace of the game with us, but Dozell appears to do that more progressively to me. He is always looking for a forward pass and I love those disguised "laser" passes he does. Yes, it's early, but for me the signs are good.

I agree Dozzell looks to be an upgrade on LTC but I think there is the same concern over lack of physicality. Perhaps that will be seen in who Dozzell is partnered with as and when he starts.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 08:56 - Aug 17 with 2176 viewsgazza1

Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:25 - Aug 16 by Myke

LTC was not good enough for us, we will have to wait and see how he 'hacks it' for Ipswich. As for Dozzell, I liked him a lot in the friendlies, far to early to have a valued opinion of him yet but he plays far more advanced than LTC and plays forward balls much more often. A few years younger than LTC so, as you say he has time on his side, and, who knows, but I expect him to be a lot cheaper in wages.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:45 - Aug 17 with 2035 viewsderbyhoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 08:56 - Aug 17 by gazza1

LTC was not good enough for us, we will have to wait and see how he 'hacks it' for Ipswich. As for Dozzell, I liked him a lot in the friendlies, far to early to have a valued opinion of him yet but he plays far more advanced than LTC and plays forward balls much more often. A few years younger than LTC so, as you say he has time on his side, and, who knows, but I expect him to be a lot cheaper in wages.

Fair comment on both LTC and Dozzell.
Dizzell can get better, Carroll won't.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:07 - Aug 17 with 1961 viewsSimplyNico

Clickbait says that Leeds and Wolves both after Dickie. So it must be true.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:16 - Aug 17 with 1930 viewsMyke

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:07 - Aug 17 by SimplyNico

We can expect a lot of this until the window slams shut
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:32 - Aug 17 with 1872 viewstoboboly

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:07 - Aug 17 by SimplyNico

£20m should do it

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:18 - Aug 17 with 1730 viewsjeffranger

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:32 - Aug 17 by toboboly

£20m should do it

Not enough, £30 mil + at least
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:14 - Aug 17 with 1569 viewsDieByYourSide

Wishful thinking but surely worth everyone's while to wait until the Summer? Rob can try to achieve something with us, we don't disrupt the squad & PL teams get a bit more time to monitor the consistency of his performances at this level.

Having said that, if the money's right you never know what could happen, he could get a broken leg and never be in with a sniff of a PL move again...

Poll: And it's hi ho

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024