Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
International football kits. 21:07 - Jun 15 with 5093 viewsSnipper

When I was growing up, England nearly always wore blue shorts with their home shirt, and white shorts with their red away shirt.

Germany always wore black shorts with their white shirt, and white shorts with their green shirt.

France wore white shorts with their blue shirt and red socks.

Spain wore blue shorts with their red shirts.

Netherlands wore white shorts with their orange shirt.

Now they all wear one colour kits.

It can’t be a FIFA directive as Brazil still wear blue shorts and white socks with their yellow/gold shirt.

I’d love to see a return of these original colours for international teams.
International football kits. on 21:30 - Jun 15 with 3330 viewsRs_Holy

I'm glad that's it's not only me who really dislikes the single coloured kits... Germany not looking very German this evening
International football kits. on 21:51 - Jun 15 with 3278 viewsKonk

International football kits. on 21:30 - Jun 15 by Rs_Holy

I'm glad that's it's not only me who really dislikes the single coloured kits... Germany not looking very German this evening

With you all the way. I used to really like Hungary’s red shirt, white shorts and green socks too.

One of my pet peeves in club football is teams wearing away kits when there’s no colour clash. Especially pis ses me off in derbies. I’m still annoyed that we had to wear a blue third kit against Atletico Madrid in the Europa League final, despite the fact Real Madrid always wear white against them. UEFA tw ats.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

International football kits. on 21:58 - Jun 15 with 3266 viewsCamberleyR

Another here that hates the single colour kit that deviates from traditional kits. I might be wrong but it may be a tournament directive from UEFA. If Germany and France were wearing their traditional colours tonight, there would be no clash whatsoever.

If teams have to wear a change kit to avoid a clash, what's wrong with that? That's what a change kit is there for.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

International football kits. on 23:14 - Jun 15 with 3129 viewsthame_hoops

According to the Nike website, the England home shorts are blue. Maybe like others have said, UEFA like a team playing in a single colour, I remember they did this a few years ago At a tournament
International football kits. on 00:49 - Jun 16 with 3066 viewskarl

International football kits. on 23:14 - Jun 15 by thame_hoops

According to the Nike website, the England home shorts are blue. Maybe like others have said, UEFA like a team playing in a single colour, I remember they did this a few years ago At a tournament

Agree with the general sentiment here, we'll probably find on Friday that Scotland will play in all blue and England all white, its a farce really.
Guarantee its to do with VAR, anything showing as white is England and vice versa, offsides and the like made easier as Scotland white shorts against England white shirt not so clear, when in actual fact they will have total clarity with the high definition available to them
International football kits. on 07:10 - Jun 16 with 2941 viewsRs_Holy

International football kits. on 00:49 - Jun 16 by karl

Agree with the general sentiment here, we'll probably find on Friday that Scotland will play in all blue and England all white, its a farce really.
Guarantee its to do with VAR, anything showing as white is England and vice versa, offsides and the like made easier as Scotland white shorts against England white shirt not so clear, when in actual fact they will have total clarity with the high definition available to them

VAR...... bloody VAR...... AGAIN!
International football kits. on 07:51 - Jun 16 with 2908 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Matching shorts are the way to go.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

International football kits. on 08:06 - Jun 16 with 2892 viewsjoe90

For reference:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/international/england/england-2010-2019.html

Agree with what has been said.
Login to get fewer ads

International football kits. on 09:08 - Jun 16 with 2820 viewsToast_R

Surely its a simple case of the home team wears their kit; France all dark blue at the moment some reason, and the away team wear a colour that does not clash with either their shirts, shorts or socks. In Germany's case last night, their black shorts would clash with the French. In Englands case, navy blue shorts would've clashed with Croatia's charcoal shorts for their away kit.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 9:08]
International football kits. on 09:34 - Jun 16 with 2787 viewsCamberleyR

International football kits. on 09:08 - Jun 16 by Toast_R

Surely its a simple case of the home team wears their kit; France all dark blue at the moment some reason, and the away team wear a colour that does not clash with either their shirts, shorts or socks. In Germany's case last night, their black shorts would clash with the French. In Englands case, navy blue shorts would've clashed with Croatia's charcoal shorts for their away kit.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 9:08]

Why would England though have to change their shorts to accommodate Croatia if they were the home team? Surely the onus is on the away team to make sure their kit doesn't clash with the home team? It might have looked odd but Croatia could have worn their white home shorts.

I still think it's some directive where they've been told to have a predominantly light kit of a single colour if their normal home kit is predominantly light coloured and a corresponding dark one and vice versa with no contrasting colours.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 9:42]

International football kits. on 10:11 - Jun 16 with 2730 viewsAntti_Heinola

Very much doubt it's a directive. Poland still in their traditional white tops and red shorts. Italy still have white shorts with blue top I believe. More to do with fashion. Not everything is a UEFA conspiracy.

I prefer England in all white actually. Kit should reflect the flag for me, and there's no blue in the St George's flag. Really like the all white and hope we stick with it. Agree Germany better with the black shorts, but really liked France's kit.

Bare bones.

International football kits. on 10:18 - Jun 16 with 2724 viewsE17hoop

International football kits. on 21:51 - Jun 15 by Konk

With you all the way. I used to really like Hungary’s red shirt, white shorts and green socks too.

One of my pet peeves in club football is teams wearing away kits when there’s no colour clash. Especially pis ses me off in derbies. I’m still annoyed that we had to wear a blue third kit against Atletico Madrid in the Europa League final, despite the fact Real Madrid always wear white against them. UEFA tw ats.

Hell yes, this all the time. I vaguely recall someone saying it was that there needed to be a contrast between a team in a light kit and a dark kit but it makes no sense to see Wolves change their kit at every away game.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

International football kits. on 10:19 - Jun 16 with 2724 viewsW7Ranger

Does anyone else have a real dislike to our current kit, or is it just me?

The badge and the logo in the middle of the top? What's all that about?!
International football kits. on 10:41 - Jun 16 with 2694 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The Italia '90 ones still look good.

Which is weird because nearly all early 90's football kits now look shocking (apart from ours and a few others)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

International football kits. on 10:47 - Jun 16 with 2672 viewskensalriser

Only slightly related, I remain bewildered at the number of teams who think it's a good idea to play in a very dark kit in the middle of the afternoon at the height of summer.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

International football kits. on 10:52 - Jun 16 with 2665 viewsMrSheen

International football kits. on 10:11 - Jun 16 by Antti_Heinola

Very much doubt it's a directive. Poland still in their traditional white tops and red shorts. Italy still have white shorts with blue top I believe. More to do with fashion. Not everything is a UEFA conspiracy.

I prefer England in all white actually. Kit should reflect the flag for me, and there's no blue in the St George's flag. Really like the all white and hope we stick with it. Agree Germany better with the black shorts, but really liked France's kit.

Azzuri and Oranje?
International football kits. on 11:01 - Jun 16 with 2645 viewsSnipper

International football kits. on 10:52 - Jun 16 by MrSheen

Azzuri and Oranje?

Italy play in blue as it stems from a former Queen. It was her favourite colour, so they’ve played in blue ever since.

Netherlands is more than likely because they are the House of Orange-Nassau.
International football kits. on 11:10 - Jun 16 with 2627 viewsCamberleyR

International football kits. on 11:01 - Jun 16 by Snipper

Italy play in blue as it stems from a former Queen. It was her favourite colour, so they’ve played in blue ever since.

Netherlands is more than likely because they are the House of Orange-Nassau.

I thought Italy's blue originated from the Royal House of Savoy which was it's official colour.

International football kits. on 11:15 - Jun 16 with 2611 viewsCamberleyR

International football kits. on 10:47 - Jun 16 by kensalriser

Only slightly related, I remain bewildered at the number of teams who think it's a good idea to play in a very dark kit in the middle of the afternoon at the height of summer.

I mentioned that early on in the England/Croatia thread.

International football kits. on 11:20 - Jun 16 with 2599 viewsSnipper

International football kits. on 11:10 - Jun 16 by CamberleyR

I thought Italy's blue originated from the Royal House of Savoy which was it's official colour.

Probably that, and blue being the Queen’s favourite colour Camberley.
International football kits. on 11:28 - Jun 16 with 2578 viewsRs_Holy

International football kits. on 10:19 - Jun 16 by W7Ranger

Does anyone else have a real dislike to our current kit, or is it just me?

The badge and the logo in the middle of the top? What's all that about?!

back in the day you could get rip off kits (usually from the market) that were a bit similar to the genuine one... the current Nike home kit looks like its a cheap, rip off version of a proper kit... I have no idea what is going on with all blue away kit (that has to be one of the worst ever England kits?).
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 11:36]
International football kits. on 11:34 - Jun 16 with 2557 viewsMrSheen

I've just looked up why Australian teams play in Green and Gold - apparently they are the colours of the national flower, the Golden Wattle!

They had the combined problems of being an ex-colony and a federation. They wanted to distinguish themselves from Britain, but also not with any particular states over others. Apparently the Golden Wattle doesn't grow in Queensland or the NT, so you can't please everyone...
International football kits. on 11:46 - Jun 16 with 2507 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

International football kits. on 11:28 - Jun 16 by Rs_Holy

back in the day you could get rip off kits (usually from the market) that were a bit similar to the genuine one... the current Nike home kit looks like its a cheap, rip off version of a proper kit... I have no idea what is going on with all blue away kit (that has to be one of the worst ever England kits?).

What the hell are all the shapes meant to be?

Hang on! I think I can see Thunderbirds 3 in there.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

International football kits. on 11:48 - Jun 16 with 2503 viewsCamberleyR

International football kits. on 11:28 - Jun 16 by Rs_Holy

England's away shirt in the old days was blue but that was swiftly binned after the embarrassment of losing in it to the USA in the 1950 World Cup and ultimately exiting the tournament early.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 11:50]

International football kits. on 12:01 - Jun 16 with 2476 viewskensalriser

What’s the thing with textured effects and shaded patterns? Is a straight plain colour too difficult for the kit designers to justify their fee?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024