Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales Turkey 17:27 - Jun 16 with 6414 viewsWatfordR

Enjoyed watching all of this so far.

Apart from the Welsh kit!
Wales Turkey on 19:40 - Jun 16 with 1972 viewsLongsufferingR

Wales Turkey on 18:59 - Jun 16 by TacticalR

Just noticed Tony Roberts on the pitch, he must be part of the coaching team.

Yes, he tried to hug Aaron Ramsey after the final whistle but let him slip from his grasp.
Wales Turkey on 19:55 - Jun 16 with 1923 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Thoroughly enjoyed watching this match. not sure about the overall quality of either side but great entertainment.

Dan James looks a really good player. I never saw Dave Thomas live but reminded me him galloping down the left there.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Wales Turkey on 20:56 - Jun 16 with 1799 viewsdanehoop

Think Wales may progress furthest of the home nations based on how they are playing and the draw that they may have. Don't have a huge amount of depth though, so injuries or suspensions could hurt them. Very impressed overall.

Never knowingly understood

Wales Turkey on 21:12 - Jun 16 with 1747 viewsdaveB

Wales were very good but watchinbg Italy they are on another level. They seem to be either diabolical or brilliant never much in between
Wales Turkey on 22:34 - Jun 16 with 1662 viewskensalriser

Italy look like a well oiled machine, regardless of the quality of the opposition they've faced.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wales Turkey on 01:05 - Jun 17 with 1535 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Wales Turkey on 21:12 - Jun 16 by daveB

Wales were very good but watchinbg Italy they are on another level. They seem to be either diabolical or brilliant never much in between

Italy have the perfect blend of really old guys 2 (one injured today hopefully not celebrating a disallowed goal) and some young aggressive energetic players who counter attack at a ferocious pace .They also have a world class keeper who is on a red hot streak .
Very dangerous team but I feel the goals will dry up and they will not make the final
Wales Turkey on 01:50 - Jun 17 with 1525 viewsBoston

Wales Turkey on 19:14 - Jun 16 by stevec

Like the way they kept going for it right to the end.

Decent bunch, good luck to them

Killer Wales.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wales Turkey on 08:06 - Jun 17 with 1417 viewsPinnerPaul

Wales Turkey on 18:20 - Jun 16 by strikerace

Worst penalty kick I've ever seen

I give you - Mr Wells v Birmingham City!
Login to get fewer ads

Wales Turkey on 08:08 - Jun 17 with 1414 viewsPinnerPaul

Referee decent again - very calm and used authority when needed.
Wales Turkey on 08:55 - Jun 17 with 1378 viewsLimerickR

Strange the way things go, if the Euros were on last year, Ramsey was injured, Bale had played more golf than football, and good old Giggsy would be in the dugout. The year delay has helped them.
Wales Turkey on 09:08 - Jun 17 with 1350 viewsrsonist

Wales Turkey on 22:34 - Jun 16 by kensalriser

Italy look like a well oiled machine, regardless of the quality of the opposition they've faced.

People always tend to say international management is a different kettle of fish but Italy in Conte and Mancini have been unique in having two proper bosses that haven't either been washed-up or youth club guidance counsellors and the difference has been clear as day.
Wales Turkey on 09:09 - Jun 17 with 1346 viewsBklynRanger

Wales Turkey on 18:59 - Jun 16 by TacticalR

Just noticed Tony Roberts on the pitch, he must be part of the coaching team.

So that was Tony Roberts - I thought it was but we only got a very quick glimpse - his mannerisms were unmistakable though. Not that I could adequately describe them...
Wales Turkey on 10:29 - Jun 17 with 1279 viewsPhildo

VAR seems to be a lot less intrusive in this tournament than in the premier?

Hat tip to David Speedie for giving Bale Penalty coaching #outerspace
Wales Turkey on 10:42 - Jun 17 with 1261 viewsPinnerPaul

Wales Turkey on 10:29 - Jun 17 by Phildo

VAR seems to be a lot less intrusive in this tournament than in the premier?

Hat tip to David Speedie for giving Bale Penalty coaching #outerspace

Yes it does.

Either the reviews are much quicker or they've raised the threshold for reviewing.

As I've mentioned before, don't forget handball law has changed so there are less of those.

They didn't review the Turkey handball last night for example - clearly not deliberate and arm in a natural position, "for the action the player was making" - which is now an important consideration and will negate most of the accidental handballs given last season.
Wales Turkey on 10:50 - Jun 17 with 1239 viewsrsonist

Wales Turkey on 10:50 - Jun 17 with 1239 viewsericgen34

Wales Turkey on 10:42 - Jun 17 by PinnerPaul

Yes it does.

Either the reviews are much quicker or they've raised the threshold for reviewing.

As I've mentioned before, don't forget handball law has changed so there are less of those.

They didn't review the Turkey handball last night for example - clearly not deliberate and arm in a natural position, "for the action the player was making" - which is now an important consideration and will negate most of the accidental handballs given last season.

About refereeing, in the France v Germany game, Mbappe scored a goal apparently from an offside position, but between the time he got the ball and he scored he had several touches, dribled passed a few players and the linesman only raised his flag as the ball hit the net. The commentators here said it was a new rule. Is that so? If so I really can't see the point of it
Wales Turkey on 12:16 - Jun 17 with 1185 viewsGroveR

Wales Turkey on 17:47 - Jun 16 by Northernr

should be out of sight, turkey absolutely all over the show.

One of the two centre-backs looked decent but was carrying the other one the entire game. The lone striker looked like a pub footballer.
Wales Turkey on 12:19 - Jun 17 with 1180 viewsdaveB

Wales Turkey on 10:50 - Jun 17 by ericgen34

About refereeing, in the France v Germany game, Mbappe scored a goal apparently from an offside position, but between the time he got the ball and he scored he had several touches, dribled passed a few players and the linesman only raised his flag as the ball hit the net. The commentators here said it was a new rule. Is that so? If so I really can't see the point of it

I think they are letting the play go in case the linesmen is wrong with the offside as they are going to check it anyway. If he scores they check it if not just get on with the game
Wales Turkey on 12:33 - Jun 17 with 1157 viewsterryb

It is not new & has been the case in the world game since VAR came into existence. It was also the case in England last season after the Premier League officials were basically told to stop ignoring FIFA instructions.

Of course there are times (many times), when it is obvious that the player was offside & that an early flag would have saved time, but as all goals are reviewed, this system should stop any goal being given that was offside.

If you raise the flag & offside is given prior to a goal being scored, you can't then award a goal if the player was onside & the AR (linesman to most of us) got it wrong.
Wales Turkey on 13:02 - Jun 17 with 1111 viewsericgen34

Wales Turkey on 12:19 - Jun 17 by daveB

I think they are letting the play go in case the linesmen is wrong with the offside as they are going to check it anyway. If he scores they check it if not just get on with the game

OK thanks that makes sense, first time I see that though. Very weird
Wales Turkey on 14:51 - Jun 17 with 1011 viewsfrancisbowles

I still don't like it. If you are not in any doubt, stick the flag up. The referee doesn't have to whistle straight away if he isn't confident in your decision. A goalkeeper or another player is going to get injured trying to stop an attacker, even though it is obvious to the linesman and referee that there is an offside decision coming.
Wales Turkey on 16:36 - Jun 17 with 944 viewsPinnerPaul

Its not new - they were doing that in the PL as well.

The point is if he raised his flag early and he was in fact onside, then obviously you can't give the goal as defenders/keeper will stop playing.

This way if he raises his flag late and he was in fact onside, goal can still be given.
Wales Turkey on 16:38 - Jun 17 with 938 viewsPinnerPaul

Wales Turkey on 12:33 - Jun 17 by terryb

It is not new & has been the case in the world game since VAR came into existence. It was also the case in England last season after the Premier League officials were basically told to stop ignoring FIFA instructions.

Of course there are times (many times), when it is obvious that the player was offside & that an early flag would have saved time, but as all goals are reviewed, this system should stop any goal being given that was offside.

If you raise the flag & offside is given prior to a goal being scored, you can't then award a goal if the player was onside & the AR (linesman to most of us) got it wrong.

Yep, repeated my old fault of replying to a post before reading rest of thread!

Sorry all!
Wales Turkey on 18:07 - Jun 17 with 884 viewsterryb

Wales Turkey on 14:51 - Jun 17 by francisbowles

I still don't like it. If you are not in any doubt, stick the flag up. The referee doesn't have to whistle straight away if he isn't confident in your decision. A goalkeeper or another player is going to get injured trying to stop an attacker, even though it is obvious to the linesman and referee that there is an offside decision coming.

But the referee can't stop the game just because the flag has been raised. Play must continue until the goal scoring opportunity has disappeared.

In theory, either flaging in advance or keeping the flag down till later would not change the match continuing until the chance has gone or been scored.

I'm sure Villa wouldn't be happy with the early flag. That nearly relegated them from the Premier due to the referee blowing early to stop their goal being awarded away to palace!
Wales Turkey on 18:32 - Jun 17 with 876 viewsNorthernr

I think the offside thing is going to be rendered irrlevent over the next 18 months, they've already been quietly trialling an automatic offside system in the premier league for a while. I hate the way it is now, where the flag stays down and we play out a hypothetical situation just to see, but I'm not sure I see a way around it if you're going to use VAR. Yet another reason I hate it.

I'd be very interested in an explanation for why it seems so much quicker, smoother and less intrusive in this tournament, with far, far fewer fck ups and controversy, than it is in the Premier League. I can just about live with what I've seen here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024