Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The dark cloud of depression 20:39 - Jul 19 with 22073 viewsWindsorR

Sorry to start such a negative thread..

How have people on here dealt with such dark and miserable feelings?
The negative, irrational thoughts, aren't good enough for anyone or anything?
The dark cloud of depression on 13:13 - Aug 24 with 1447 viewsterryb

Good luck Windsor.

Progression must be at the rate you choose, but every small step is a massive advance. Keep going & don't hesitate to post on this board/thread if it is helpful.

My admiration of you for reaching out is at the top of the range. As it is for the incredible supportive members of this board.
The dark cloud of depression on 16:49 - Aug 24 with 1345 viewsPunteR

The dark cloud of depression on 12:19 - Aug 24 by rrrspricey

Hmmm

A mates' brother was deeply religious and also deeply troubled. He religiously (no pun intended) attended church right up to the point he took a massive overdose.

Unless this verse means death is the only way to reach perfect peace (which is a bit screwed up,) it's clearly untrue.

Dont knock it till you tried it Pricey. I know its helped a lot of people.

Obviously its not for everyone.

[Post edited 24 Aug 2021 16:53]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The dark cloud of depression on 17:30 - Aug 24 with 1280 viewsnumptydumpty

Organised religion not for me but helps some agree.

Lost both parents in last year

I got a belief its not the end after our time down here and my dad said last time saw him before he went upstairs, he looking forward to meeting up with mum again.

I was pleased he had that belief and he also said to me, he always be with me. Top man, my dad, always knew the exact right thing to say, even on his way out..

Glad you got time recover in hospital Windsor.

Even though know its total shite right now, it can get better, little but day by day.

Yes and can't remember if it was your mum or dad that passed but hope you get comfort from fact they will definitely still be looking out for you and making your path back to your old self as painless as is possible

Be proud yourself reaching out on here.

Too many men keep it within, when definitely better out than in, find more people in your corner and it's got few others totally understanding where you at etc...

Take as easy as you can on yourself mate
Very important. 🙂

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

The dark cloud of depression (n/t) on 20:06 - Aug 24 with 1188 viewsitsbiga

The dark cloud of depression on 10:58 - Aug 24 by ahoz

Dear WindsorR
It may seem simplistic advice but I would encourage you to reach out to God, He loves you and knows you, and His desire for you is that you have peace and the knowledge you have a future and a hope in Him. The words of scripture contain many beautiful promises of peace and comfort. Isaiah 26.3 says that God shall keep him in perfect peace whose mind is fixed upon Him.
I truly hope and pray that is helpful to you.
Best wishes
Tony

Deleted my comment. Wrong thread, you're right.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2021 21:49]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

The dark cloud of depression on 20:51 - Aug 24 with 1147 viewskropotkin41

The worst thing about this is what a bloody great thread this was until someone ushered God in through the backdoor. It doesn't matter whether you believe or not, or even whether some people find solace in it or not, it takes less than an ounce of sensitivity to understand that this can be hugely divisive in a space like this. It's like me coming crashing in here and chucking in some spurious political claim about mental health, or suggesting that I've found the key to everlasting happiness in some tradition or another. This was a good thread - no, a great thread - because we were all supporting each other without any of that stuff. Now, well, not quite so awesome, imho.

All the best WindsorR.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The dark cloud of depression on 21:03 - Aug 24 with 1109 viewsQPR_Jim

Perhaps it is a divisive topic but in his defence it was only a suggestion. As PunteR say's it's not for everyone however it can help some and we don't know WindsorR, so probably shouldn't rule anything out.

In any case we shouldn't let religion de-rail the thread as it's been constructive and I'd like to think it was a sincere suggestion whether you believe in religion or not.
The dark cloud of depression on 21:11 - Aug 24 with 1091 viewskropotkin41

The dark cloud of depression on 21:03 - Aug 24 by QPR_Jim

Perhaps it is a divisive topic but in his defence it was only a suggestion. As PunteR say's it's not for everyone however it can help some and we don't know WindsorR, so probably shouldn't rule anything out.

In any case we shouldn't let religion de-rail the thread as it's been constructive and I'd like to think it was a sincere suggestion whether you believe in religion or not.

Fair enough.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The dark cloud of depression on 21:20 - Aug 24 with 1062 viewsWindsorR

The dark cloud of depression on 21:11 - Aug 24 by kropotkin41

Fair enough.

This has been such a positive thread, let's please keep it that way everyone.

I have been told that I am going back to hospital today, which is crap, but I will listen to what I am told. I'm not writing this for sympathy, but let's all look out for each other.
Login to get fewer ads

The dark cloud of depression on 21:23 - Aug 24 with 1049 viewsterryb

The dark cloud of depression on 21:20 - Aug 24 by WindsorR

I have been told that I am going back to hospital today, which is crap, but I will listen to what I am told. I'm not writing this for sympathy, but let's all look out for each other.

Best of luck Windsor.
The dark cloud of depression on 21:26 - Aug 24 with 1034 viewsted_hendrix

Look after yourself fella and keep in touch.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The dark cloud of depression on 22:17 - Aug 24 with 953 viewsQPR_Jim

Good luck with the hospital, hope they can help.

If you need to talk, we'll be here.
The dark cloud of depression on 22:22 - Aug 24 with 944 viewsCiderwithRsie

It is crap to have to go into hospital, but honestly it's a good thing if you are getting the treatment you need. At least it means you are on the radar and not being left to struggle alone.

Hang in there, we're all on your side and you've done a lot of good for others by starting this thread.

See if you can get them to show you Rob Dickie's goal, it should bring a smile to your face.
The dark cloud of depression on 22:32 - Aug 24 with 922 viewsLogman

Best of luck Windsor R. We all want to see you back on here and back at LR.
The dark cloud of depression on 22:51 - Aug 24 with 895 viewsMick_S

The dark cloud of depression on 22:32 - Aug 24 by Logman

Best of luck Windsor R. We all want to see you back on here and back at LR.

All the very best W. Good luck.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The dark cloud of depression on 22:58 - Aug 24 with 876 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Delighted to hear from you, Windsor.

Much love x

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024