Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The dark cloud of depression 20:39 - Jul 19 with 22070 viewsWindsorR

Sorry to start such a negative thread..

How have people on here dealt with such dark and miserable feelings?
The negative, irrational thoughts, aren't good enough for anyone or anything?
The dark cloud of depression on 13:32 - Jul 27 with 3147 viewsR_from_afar

The dark cloud of depression on 19:28 - Jul 25 by daveB

I've always struggled with anxiety since i was a kid but never really spoken to anyone about it or sought help, just kind of get on with it and have some abysmal days where everything worries me and it affects my work and home life and some good ones where i wonder what on earth i was worried about, quite inspiring to see a lot of people suffer with this kind of stuff and reading about actual solutions I'd never really considered. Always just assumed I was a bit of a weirdo which is probably true.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2021 19:29]

Dave, rest assured that you are definitely not a weirdo. I suffer from it too.

Put "NHS Fife anxiety" into the search field of YouTube and you will see a series of, in my opinion, pretty helpful and insightful videos.

Good luck, sir, rooting for you.

Edit: Perhaps we are both weirdos LOL

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The dark cloud of depression on 14:11 - Jul 27 with 3120 viewsMyke

Just to add my support Windsor (my mum was from Windsor). Nothing really I can add to the excellent suggestions and advice already on it. Depression can get a hell of a grip and is hard to shake off. At least there is a lot more awareness and support than in the past. You did absolutely the right thing by reaching out as there is no need to suffer alone. Keep talking both with professionals and friends/family and keep setting little goals for yourself to achieve. Hopefully QPR will give us all grounds for optimism this year.
One last thing, dunno if it will help, but it might. Do you write? My brother was in a pretty dark place a few years ago and took to writing poetry and some longer pieces to express his feelings better. Most of it made sense only to him, but that was kind of the point. By writing down how he felt at a particular time and then re-reading it later, he was able to analyse his feelings better and once he understood HOW he felt, he was able to figure out better WHY he felt like that and explore ways (with lots of help both professional and personal) to move away from the darkness. He is in a much better place now, but still keeps his writings, just in case...
Every best wish for the future
The dark cloud of depression on 12:04 - Aug 5 with 2935 viewsGaryT

The dark cloud of depression on 22:05 - Jul 23 by Metallica_Hoop

For me this thread has been a real 'eye opener' to what depression is and how people feel.

I've always dismissed it as a 'thing'. Now I know different.
When people say they are depressed I'll look to encourage rather than being indifferent.

I also hope you guys and girls suffering from it take the advice given and beat it.

For me I had a six months in my early teens where everything spiralled out of control. You lose your job, you can't pay the rent etc etc until you are sleeping in your car (could have been under a bridge so it could have been worse!). Thanks to close friends and family clubbing together they got me out of the hole and a weight I didn't even know was there lifted off my shoulders.

It will turn around and you will benefit from this period as you'll learn never to take anything for granted and you'll appreciate the good times all the more. Good luck to you. Donated.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 12:49]
The dark cloud of depression on 16:46 - Aug 5 with 2723 viewsNorthernr

Ok, this post won't make a lot of sense on its own because some have been deleted, but just to quickly nip this in the bud straight away. I've checked this out off board, the guy has posted on here for 25 years, on the old Rivals board, and he's going through a terrible time, he's legit. He asked me to delete the other thread. And I've now deleted some posts from this thread as well. You guys did a very wonderful thing.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The dark cloud of depression on 16:50 - Aug 5 with 2701 viewsMick_S

Thanks Clive - I wondered where it went. I hope Windsor is as ok as he can be.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The dark cloud of depression on 18:48 - Aug 5 with 2540 viewsChrisNW6

Thanks for the update Clive and well done to all who donated 👏
The dark cloud of depression on 21:31 - Aug 5 with 2441 viewsLogman

Thanks Clive
The dark cloud of depression on 23:41 - Aug 5 with 2365 viewsloftboy

Only just seen this thread, depression is a horrible disease, won’t go too much into my history but when my first marriage broke up after 25 years I ended up laying down in the road in front of a bus!
Had it gone over me at the time I would have been delighted.
Took meeting my wonderful new wife and several months to get myself together., even picked up a five game ban from Loftus road due to my extreme behaviour.
Great friends and a close nit group of siblings along with very supportive and loving parents saw me come out the other side stronger and with a clear head for the first time in years.
I had probably been suffering for a few years and didn’t realise.
Hope you get sorted Windsor.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

The dark cloud of depression on 00:49 - Aug 6 with 2299 viewsPunteR

The dark cloud of depression on 23:41 - Aug 5 by loftboy

Only just seen this thread, depression is a horrible disease, won’t go too much into my history but when my first marriage broke up after 25 years I ended up laying down in the road in front of a bus!
Took meeting my wonderful new wife and several months to get myself together., even picked up a five game ban from Loftus road due to my extreme behaviour.
Great friends and a close nit group of siblings along with very supportive and loving parents saw me come out the other side stronger and with a clear head for the first time in years.

Bloody hell Loftboy ! A bus? I bet you had to wait an hour then 3 turned up at once..

You know im kidding mate, i remember you posting on here at the time. You are living proof that no matter how bad things get and how you feel you can come out the other side. Maybe a few scars along the way but there is another side.
Your own life is worth fighting for.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The dark cloud of depression on 01:04 - Aug 6 with 2311 viewsBoston

The dark cloud of depression on 23:41 - Aug 5 by loftboy

Well they banned me for life squire, you can just imagine how depressed I was at their lack of understanding.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The dark cloud of depression on 12:09 - Aug 23 with 1980 viewsrrrspricey

Got a close friend going through a dreadful time with depression and anxiety and just spoke to him which reminded me of this thread and the fact i've not seen anything from Windsor on here for a while, anyone know if he's ok?
The dark cloud of depression on 13:51 - Aug 23 with 1822 viewsnumptydumpty

Hey Windsor

If you reading, hope you getting some kind support.

I live fairly nearby now in Bracknell.

There is a serrvice that's available to anyone in Windsor and Maidenhead called "Friends in Need"

It's more about social support than professional and they do subsidised short breaks, pub quizzes, regular meet ups for coffee, or meals out, walks and it's all very gentle.

All sorts people attend retired, never worked, out of work due to ill health, families, couples, single men and women of all ages.

Reason I mention it, I have used them in Bracknell.

I was dubious it was for me but it greatly helped me socially, physically, emotionally and got back into working once more and met my lovely er indoors as well.

I found it a relief was with people, that understood and it was a great part of my recovery to solid mental health once more.

If you reading then have a browse..

All best to you Windsor and absolutely take good care yourself..

Numpty. 🙂🙂

[Post edited 23 Aug 2021 13:55]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

The dark cloud of depression on 20:27 - Aug 23 with 1657 viewsBlackCrowe

Yeah Windsor, in case you're reading this thread, hope the journey back to feeling better is happening no matter how slow.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

The dark cloud of depression on 22:30 - Aug 23 with 1519 viewsozexile

Hi Windsor just echoing others thoughts. Let us know how you're doing.
The dark cloud of depression on 23:01 - Aug 23 with 1499 viewswombat

The dark cloud of depression on 22:30 - Aug 23 by ozexile

Hi Windsor just echoing others thoughts. Let us know how you're doing.

Sent him a few texts recently and not heard back will try and call him tomorrow

Poll: which is your favouite foot

The dark cloud of depression on 10:13 - Aug 24 with 1317 viewsWindsorR

The dark cloud of depression on 23:01 - Aug 23 by wombat

Sent him a few texts recently and not heard back will try and call him tomorrow

Morning everyone

Thanks for the messages of support and apologies for not posting earlier, I have spent a bit of time in hospital.

Taking very slow steps to get back on the right track, I know it's going to be a long road, but one I need to stay on.
Thank you all again for the messages, I will get on here and try and post more often.
The dark cloud of depression on 10:28 - Aug 24 with 1288 viewsMoonshineSteve

Good man. Keep going forward, whatever your speed.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

The dark cloud of depression on 10:45 - Aug 24 with 1253 viewsHooparoo

The dark cloud of depression on 10:13 - Aug 24 by WindsorR

Morning everyone

Thanks for the messages of support and apologies for not posting earlier, I have spent a bit of time in hospital.

Taking very slow steps to get back on the right track, I know it's going to be a long road, but one I need to stay on.
Thank you all again for the messages, I will get on here and try and post more often.

Keep your chin up mate. Just remember, even though I’m on the other side of the world, I’m still here for you if you need to message me. You’re not alone champ. You have a great big beautiful Rs family to help you.

Take care mate,

Stu

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

The dark cloud of depression on 10:51 - Aug 24 with 1235 viewsA40Bosh

Good to see you back on here mate.

Hope you are in a better place coming out of hospital. As you say, one step of a time, one day at a time.

Keep talking on here

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

The dark cloud of depression on 10:56 - Aug 24 with 1224 viewstoboboly

The dark cloud of depression on 10:13 - Aug 24 by WindsorR

Morning everyone

I don't know you dude, and I don't know your situation, but I am glad you are here.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

The dark cloud of depression on 10:56 - Aug 24 with 1223 viewsrobith

It's great to hear from you.

We're always here
The dark cloud of depression on 10:58 - Aug 24 with 1220 viewsahoz

Dear WindsorR
It may seem simplistic advice but I would encourage you to reach out to God, He loves you and knows you, and His desire for you is that you have peace and the knowledge you have a future and a hope in Him. The words of scripture contain many beautiful promises of peace and comfort. Isaiah 26.3 says that God shall keep him in perfect peace whose mind is fixed upon Him.
I truly hope and pray that is helpful to you.
Best wishes
Tony
The dark cloud of depression on 11:04 - Aug 24 with 1214 viewsWindsorR

The dark cloud of depression on 10:56 - Aug 24 by robith

It's great to hear from you.

We're always here

This message board is simply amazing, these messages of support actually make me quite tearful, but in a good way!
It certainly helps knowing there is so much support from everyone, and a huge extra thank you to Wombat and Clive.
The dark cloud of depression on 11:05 - Aug 24 with 1210 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The dark cloud of depression on 10:58 - Aug 24 by ahoz

Dear WindsorR
It may seem simplistic advice but I would encourage you to reach out to God, He loves you and knows you, and His desire for you is that you have peace and the knowledge you have a future and a hope in Him. The words of scripture contain many beautiful promises of peace and comfort. Isaiah 26.3 says that God shall keep him in perfect peace whose mind is fixed upon Him.
Best wishes
Tony

'It's true, I do!'

[Post edited 24 Aug 2021 11:05]
The dark cloud of depression on 12:19 - Aug 24 with 1150 viewsrrrspricey

The dark cloud of depression on 10:58 - Aug 24 by ahoz

Dear WindsorR
Best wishes
Tony

Hmmm

A mates' brother was deeply religious and also deeply troubled. He religiously (no pun intended) attended church right up to the point he took a massive overdose.

Unless this verse means death is the only way to reach perfect peace (which is a bit screwed up,) it's clearly untrue.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024