Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johansen 11:33 - Jul 21 with 28585 viewsonlyrinmoray

How long is this taking surely Fulham have made up their mind whether they want him and whether we want him /can afford him Not long till the season starts
Johansen on 09:49 - Jul 22 with 4029 viewsGloryHunter

Fulham will be looking for instant bounce back to the Prem, and everyone in football can see what effect SJ had on us last season. Why would they willingly strengthen a rival for promotion?
Johansen on 09:57 - Jul 22 with 3974 viewsCiderwithRsie

Johansen on 09:49 - Jul 22 by GloryHunter

Fulham will be looking for instant bounce back to the Prem, and everyone in football can see what effect SJ had on us last season. Why would they willingly strengthen a rival for promotion?

This has been done to death, but: because they have a player they've p*ssed off for several years who wants out and who will otherwise be a drain on wages until his contract runs down. That only changes if new manager sits down with SJ and persuades him SJ has a future at Fulham but that's an unknown for SJ whereas we and Warburton are knowns.
Johansen on 10:00 - Jul 22 with 3942 viewsGloryHunter

Johansen on 09:57 - Jul 22 by CiderwithRsie

This has been done to death, but: because they have a player they've p*ssed off for several years who wants out and who will otherwise be a drain on wages until his contract runs down. That only changes if new manager sits down with SJ and persuades him SJ has a future at Fulham but that's an unknown for SJ whereas we and Warburton are knowns.

They can afford his wages. They've got parachute money.
Johansen on 10:03 - Jul 22 with 3920 viewssprocket

Dave Mc believe it will probably get done so but will be protracted so we should just wait...
Johansen on 10:07 - Jul 22 with 3891 viewsCiderwithRsie

Johansen on 10:00 - Jul 22 by GloryHunter

They can afford his wages. They've got parachute money.

So, seriously, they will spaff the parachute money on wages for a player who is unmotivated (so will not play at 100%, even if its sub-conscious) just to stop a rival using him?

Maybe that's what Forest are trying to do, buy every player in the champ so they can stroll to promotion.

If Fulham are so loaded they can do that, why should they care about us at all?
Johansen on 10:35 - Jul 22 with 3774 viewsloftus77

This is my point too. I get my hopes up, and I get the counter-arguments, but I can't see beyond this.

Not only a rival but a direct local rival in the same borough too. What have Fulham got to gain? They, presumably, have to think of their own fanbase too - how would would we as Rs fans feel if the situation was reversed?

I'd have thought they would want to sell SJ to a Prem team first - if not, then to any team who will pay a big whack (i.e a parachute team). Failing that, the new manager will try and resettle him in.

I hope I'm wrong.
Johansen on 11:09 - Jul 22 with 3699 viewsAntti_Heinola

Johansen on 10:35 - Jul 22 by loftus77

This is my point too. I get my hopes up, and I get the counter-arguments, but I can't see beyond this.

Not only a rival but a direct local rival in the same borough too. What have Fulham got to gain? They, presumably, have to think of their own fanbase too - how would would we as Rs fans feel if the situation was reversed?

I'd have thought they would want to sell SJ to a Prem team first - if not, then to any team who will pay a big whack (i.e a parachute team). Failing that, the new manager will try and resettle him in.

I hope I'm wrong.

Well, for him to want to stay it's not just about 'settling him in' - he'd want a new contract, and they risk losing him for free next summer, or cut price in Jan, and for a player they clearly don't rate, that's an unnecessary drain on wages. There are loads and loads of reasons why it suits all parties - UNLESS Silva loves him and offers him an extension.

Bare bones.

Johansen on 11:39 - Jul 22 with 3633 viewskensalriser

That logic doesn't really work. Clubs sell players to other clubs in the same division all the time for a good reason; you invest those funds into a player you actually want. Second guessing who's going to be a promotion rival is a mug's game. And we're no more than a very long shot anyway. I certainly don't regard us as promotion candidates.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Johansen on 12:05 - Jul 22 with 3538 viewsCiderwithRsie

Johansen on 11:09 - Jul 22 by Antti_Heinola

Well, for him to want to stay it's not just about 'settling him in' - he'd want a new contract, and they risk losing him for free next summer, or cut price in Jan, and for a player they clearly don't rate, that's an unnecessary drain on wages. There are loads and loads of reasons why it suits all parties - UNLESS Silva loves him and offers him an extension.

Agree except I don't think it's clear they don't rate him - Konk says the fans are positive, his record in the Champ is obvious, and we don't know Silva's view (or SJ's view of Silva)

What's clear is that Parker didn't (as a Premier player) and Warbs does and that Warburton's style of play suited him. Its like BOS - Warbs wanted him but he'd been p*ssed about too much by then.

I don't buy that it's all in Fulham's hands: repeatedly we've had to sell contracted players at less than their value to us, especially in last year of contract, when they wanted to go. FWIW I think he'd do better here - we have a style of play built around him that we'd use if he signed, and if, IF we went up I like to think this time we'd do a Norwich and stick with existing squad and risk relegation + parachute money rather than flashing the cash (and probably going down anyway)
Johansen on 13:02 - Jul 22 with 3425 viewsPinnerPaul

The noises from Hoos and MW suggest to me that it will happen.
Johansen on 13:33 - Jul 22 with 3308 viewsrsonist

Johansen on 13:02 - Jul 22 by PinnerPaul

The noises from Hoos and MW suggest to me that it will happen.

Not saying there isn't an obvious degree of likelihood but I honestly didn't hear anything like this, think they were very careful not to. Same for simmo's "talking as if he was already in the squad".
Johansen on 14:56 - Jul 22 with 3116 viewsBuckR

Field now injured and having a scan so could do with this being tied up!
Johansen on 15:04 - Jul 22 with 3086 viewsdmm

Johansen on 14:56 - Jul 22 by BuckR

Field now injured and having a scan so could do with this being tied up!

That's bad news. Any idea what the injury is?

EDIT: Just seen it's a knee injury. We suddenly look very light in CM.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 15:10]
Johansen on 15:20 - Jul 22 with 3048 viewsPinnerPaul

Johansen on 13:33 - Jul 22 by rsonist

Not saying there isn't an obvious degree of likelihood but I honestly didn't hear anything like this, think they were very careful not to. Same for simmo's "talking as if he was already in the squad".

To me if it was unlikely or a definite no, they would have said so.

To come over all coy and not want to talk about a player means, to me at least, that there's a very good chance of it happening.

Complete guesswork of course, have no inside knowledge whatsoever.
Johansen on 17:57 - Jul 22 with 2749 viewsGloryHunter

Johansen on 10:07 - Jul 22 by CiderwithRsie

So, seriously, they will spaff the parachute money on wages for a player who is unmotivated (so will not play at 100%, even if its sub-conscious) just to stop a rival using him?

Maybe that's what Forest are trying to do, buy every player in the champ so they can stroll to promotion.

If Fulham are so loaded they can do that, why should they care about us at all?

That's not an unknown tactic in football. Liverpool in 1976 bought David Johnson from their closest rivals Ipswich Town, and hardly played him. Ipswich - denied Johnson's goals - never won the title that most neutral supporters thought they deserved.
Johansen on 18:04 - Jul 22 with 2721 viewsrsonist

Bit in the Telegraph today saying FFC are looking to get Tom Trybull on a season loan from Norwich, which is a good omen I'd say.
Johansen on 18:10 - Jul 22 with 2687 viewsrsonist

Johansen on 15:04 - Jul 22 by dmm

That's bad news. Any idea what the injury is?

EDIT: Just seen it's a knee injury. We suddenly look very light in CM.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 15:10]

Very light's a bit much no. It's a blow but Dozzell, Ball, Thomas, Chair dropping in...

Have to take the likelihood of such injuries on the chin given the circumstances of how they're here in the first place.
Johansen on 18:34 - Jul 22 with 2652 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Johansen on 18:04 - Jul 22 by rsonist

Bit in the Telegraph today saying FFC are looking to get Tom Trybull on a season loan from Norwich, which is a good omen I'd say.

'Trybull'
Johansen on 18:53 - Jul 22 with 2600 viewsQPROslo

Johansen on 18:10 - Jul 22 by rsonist

Very light's a bit much no. It's a blow but Dozzell, Ball, Thomas, Chair dropping in...

Have to take the likelihood of such injuries on the chin given the circumstances of how they're here in the first place.

In the defensive midfield role of protecting the back 3, Field is ideal as a big lad good in the air, and able to pass the ball well. Only obvious cover for him is Ball for me.
Johansen on 19:31 - Jul 22 with 2517 viewsdmm

Johansen on 18:10 - Jul 22 by rsonist

Yep there's Ball and Dozzell as a CM pairing but Ball would surely be cover now and the last time Dozzell played at this level was 3 years ago. Thomas isn't really a CM, Amos isn't ready and neither will Owens be having only just returned from two long term injuries. I'd rather we used Bettache as cover than Chair. It feels pretty light to me.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 19:32]
Johansen on 19:45 - Jul 22 with 2447 viewsBoston

Johansen on 17:41 - Jul 21 by TheChef

I assume that is the Tony Khan way!

Does he wear a sheepskin and drive a Range Rover?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Johansen on 22:26 - Jul 22 with 2180 viewsgazza1

I would be very surprised if he wants to stay there the way that Fulham has treated him. If he does stay it would be because his wages cannot be matched or he cannot get a suitable contract elsewhere.
Johansen on 22:46 - Jul 22 with 2139 viewskensalriser

Johansen on 17:57 - Jul 22 by GloryHunter

That's not an unknown tactic in football. Liverpool in 1976 bought David Johnson from their closest rivals Ipswich Town, and hardly played him. Ipswich - denied Johnson's goals - never won the title that most neutral supporters thought they deserved.

The flaw in your argument is that we're not really promotion rivals.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Johansen on 12:28 - Jul 23 with 1730 viewsaston_hoop

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Johansen on 12:29 - Jul 23 with 1724 viewsNorthernr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024