Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fan Ownership 18:24 - Jul 27 with 7729 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Congrats St Mirren

https://www.stmirren.com/fans-news/4049-a-historic-day-for-st-mirren
Fan Ownership on 18:34 - Jul 27 with 4882 viewsdistortR

Good luck to them, I truly hope they can remain financially viable .
Fan Ownership on 19:27 - Jul 27 with 4819 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fan Ownership on 18:34 - Jul 27 by distortR

Good luck to them, I truly hope they can remain financially viable .

Let’s hope so!
Fan Ownership on 20:38 - Nov 22 with 4476 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Motherwell, Hearts, and now Falkirk getting there.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2021/11/21/new-fan-investment-in-falkirk-fc/
Fan Ownership on 20:41 - Nov 22 with 4462 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great news.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fan Ownership on 20:42 - Nov 22 with 4457 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Better news again for Trawden!

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/nov/21/lancashire-village-buys-its-own-

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fan Ownership on 21:28 - Nov 22 with 4391 viewsMyke

Yes we have been doing this for some years at Sligo Rovers. Works brilliantly as long as nobody gets 'notions' . Can very quickly unravel if everyone not pulling together as we saw with Cork recently
Fan Ownership on 21:59 - Nov 22 with 4283 viewsgazza1

Many pitfalls of Fan ownership.......not a good idea imo.
Fan Ownership on 22:35 - Nov 22 with 4288 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fan Ownership on 21:28 - Nov 22 by Myke

Yes we have been doing this for some years at Sligo Rovers. Works brilliantly as long as nobody gets 'notions' . Can very quickly unravel if everyone not pulling together as we saw with Cork recently

3 out of the top 6 in Scotland fan owned and Bohemians flying in Europe. Bit of a renaissance going on at the moment it seems.
Login to get fewer ads

Fan Ownership on 00:03 - Nov 27 with 3940 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Imagine this, instead of asking about water pressure or Jamie Mackie’s Twitter handle:

Fan Ownership on 08:38 - Nov 27 with 3846 viewsPlanetHonneywood

We’ve currently got a four page thread of various comments about someone who posted views about the attendance for the Huddersfield game. Imagine what might happen if fan(s) as owners/executives were responsible for running the club and, in the eyes of others, we’re wrong!

This model undoubtedly works for some; not sure it would work at QPR.

In many respects I’d like it to. It would indicate cohesion but over the years I’ve followed the Rangers, I believe when it’s going wrong there is a fragmentation that’s very divisive among our congregation.

Having fans voice is important, as is the club listening and taking note. For often times, the fans can be the source of solutions and ideas. Having professionals implement and be accountable thereafter, just works better for me.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Fan Ownership on 08:48 - Nov 27 with 3837 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fan Ownership on 08:38 - Nov 27 by PlanetHonneywood

We’ve currently got a four page thread of various comments about someone who posted views about the attendance for the Huddersfield game. Imagine what might happen if fan(s) as owners/executives were responsible for running the club and, in the eyes of others, we’re wrong!

This model undoubtedly works for some; not sure it would work at QPR.

In many respects I’d like it to. It would indicate cohesion but over the years I’ve followed the Rangers, I believe when it’s going wrong there is a fragmentation that’s very divisive among our congregation.

Having fans voice is important, as is the club listening and taking note. For often times, the fans can be the source of solutions and ideas. Having professionals implement and be accountable thereafter, just works better for me.

I think you are mixing up fan governance with fan ownership.

Bayern have won 9 Bundesligas and multiple Champions League with this system. Isn’t it great watching supporters take their board to task like this?
Fan Ownership on 12:26 - Nov 27 with 3756 viewsSK_hoops

Fan Ownership on 00:03 - Nov 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Imagine this, instead of asking about water pressure or Jamie Mackie’s Twitter handle:

Jahreshauptversammlung is one of the most German words I've ever seen.
Fan Ownership on 12:35 - Nov 27 with 3738 viewsDavieQPR

Don't think you would find many R's fans willing to lose money each month to keep the club afloat.
Fan Ownership on 13:02 - Nov 27 with 3708 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fan Ownership on 12:35 - Nov 27 by DavieQPR

Don't think you would find many R's fans willing to lose money each month to keep the club afloat.

Isn’t that what happens now?
Fan Ownership on 15:47 - Nov 27 with 3645 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Fan Ownership on 12:26 - Nov 27 by SK_hoops

How about Handschuhschneeballwerfer?

Translates as ‘a man who wears gloves to throw snowballs’ or a coward. Obviously.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Fan Ownership on 15:50 - Nov 27 with 3637 viewsR_from_afar

Fan Ownership on 12:26 - Nov 27 by SK_hoops

In that case, you might like the word kraehengeschrei.

It means the sound that crows make.

A great name for a band too.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Fan Ownership on 18:26 - Nov 27 with 3564 viewsBoston

Fan Ownership on 12:35 - Nov 27 by DavieQPR

Ve might be in ze shitehouzen.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fan Ownership on 19:31 - Nov 27 with 3509 viewsTGRRRSSS

Fan Ownership on 13:02 - Nov 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Isn’t that what happens now?

The fans arent paying the exact figures costing to run QPR - only purchasing good and entry in some way.

Hoos constantly talks of the costs of running the Ground and the match days costs of putting a game on.

I think it can work in some ways but interesting to see Wrexham and Portsmouth sell when wealthier people took an interest.
Fan Ownership on 20:38 - Nov 27 with 3446 viewsderbyhoop

It might work in Scotland, but there's no way it's going to do so in the Championship.
Even with all the cost cutting we have done, over the last 4 years, we are still losing 1.3m per month. Fans can't cover that. We'd better hope Ruben and Tony don't get bored.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Fan Ownership on 21:02 - Nov 27 with 3437 viewsbollockchops

back around 1998 when i was i dickhead share holder i was invited to HQ to a meeting where Gary Waddock spoke and Dunga contributed and we were told that the emporers new clothes were really good ,truth is i wasted a whole day listenening to crap

the best thing for this club is if we owned it .....if barcelnoa and fc united can do it so can we
i dont have shit loads of money but what i do have is lots of love for QPR
Fan Ownership on 23:57 - Nov 27 with 3358 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fan Ownership on 19:31 - Nov 27 by TGRRRSSS

The fans arent paying the exact figures costing to run QPR - only purchasing good and entry in some way.

Hoos constantly talks of the costs of running the Ground and the match days costs of putting a game on.

I think it can work in some ways but interesting to see Wrexham and Portsmouth sell when wealthier people took an interest.

Brentford too.
Fan Ownership on 00:48 - Nov 28 with 3319 viewsDavieQPR

Barcelona are over £1 billion in debt and FC United don't publish accounts.
Fan Ownership on 01:20 - Nov 28 with 3311 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fan Ownership on 00:48 - Nov 28 by DavieQPR

Barcelona are over £1 billion in debt and FC United don't publish accounts.

Neither of those facts have anything to do with Fan Ownership.
Fan Ownership on 07:16 - Nov 28 with 3202 viewsPunteR

Terrible idea.

I was quite vocal on here about my opinions of Fernandes and the other Malaysians about their running of the club but I have to say they seem to have learned some of those "lessons" as they said and are propping up the finances in a way no fan could do.
Potentially we are in the Premier league next season so will probably all to go shit then but atm the club seem to be doing everything right.
I really don't think we need a Bazza on the board

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Fan Ownership on 07:56 - Nov 28 with 3195 viewsdmm

If clubs can only be owned by the super rich who pump in millions to keep them solvent, then there is a problem with football. How has this situation come about? By the super rich taking over football.

It's no surprise that the government's Crouch report - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/nov/25/crouch-review-a-genuine-landmar is opposed by the Premier League because it seeks to regulate those who've corrupted the game.

Football must be changed and who better to ultimately change it than the fans to whom the game belongs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024