Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For the sake of Clives sanity 21:25 - Sep 16 with 13447 viewsChrisNW6

Can we avoid a Russell Brand thread 😁..... remember this is definitely not a RB thread
For the sake of Clives sanity on 21:36 - Sep 16 with 6519 viewscolinallcars

Who's Russell Brand ?
For the sake of Clives sanity on 21:52 - Sep 16 with 6453 viewsconnell10

Russell Grant ??

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

For the sake of Clives sanity on 21:59 - Sep 16 with 6426 viewsWatford_Ranger

How about a Jo Brand thread?
For the sake of Clives sanity on 22:22 - Sep 16 with 6298 viewsstainrods_elbow

For the sake of Clives sanity on 21:59 - Sep 16 by Watford_Ranger

How about a Jo Brand thread?

Do you mean about the rape/assault claims? Is he guilty, do you think? ;-)
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 0:09]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

For the sake of Clives sanity on 22:34 - Sep 16 with 6317 viewsplasmahoop

Why bring it up then? Don't know if he's guilty or not, but in my eyes one of the most horrible bell ends in the country regardless
For the sake of Clives sanity on 00:15 - Sep 17 with 6146 viewsnumptydumpty

For the sake of Clives sanity on 22:34 - Sep 16 by plasmahoop

Why bring it up then? Don't know if he's guilty or not, but in my eyes one of the most horrible bell ends in the country regardless

No comment

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

For the sake of Clives sanity on 00:49 - Sep 17 with 6109 viewsrsocks

Idiot
For the sake of Clives sanity on 01:20 - Sep 17 with 6071 viewsBoston

What do ya do when you're branded...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

For the sake of Clives sanity on 03:13 - Sep 17 with 6017 viewsWA_Hoop

For the sake of Clives sanity on 22:34 - Sep 16 by plasmahoop

In that case perhaps you should familiarise yourself with some of his YouTube / Rumble content? You might find that these days he's quite a different person to Russell Brand 'the addict'. I will leave it at that.
For the sake of Clives sanity on 03:47 - Sep 17 with 5973 viewsSydneyRs

Here we go again...
For the sake of Clives sanity on 05:47 - Sep 17 with 5926 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I thought Re:Birth on Netflix was ok, but how it took Hollywood three movies to twig his 'limits' was funnier!

As for the current allegations: I hope he's innocent. I hope the process establishes this to the satisfaction of reasobably open-minded intelligent people. However, if he's not innocent, I hope the process of establishing guilt is to the satisfaction of reasonably open-minded intelligent people.

I fear, however, that there is an increasingly dwindling stock of reasonably open-minded intelligent people, a position exacerbated by social media. Whatever the outcome, he's probably done for either way. Not a problem if he's guilty of course, but troublesome if not.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

For the sake of Clives sanity on 06:50 - Sep 17 with 5886 viewskitkev

As much as I dislike the man
I can't get this trial by msm found guilty before a charge is brought
Abhor the bias media now
For the sake of Clives sanity on 08:24 - Sep 17 with 5707 viewsthame_hoops

For the sake of Clives sanity on 06:50 - Sep 17 by kitkev

Abhor the bias media now

All I will say before the thread is deleted, if you feel somebody committed a crime against you, go through the proper Channels and report it. Let the CPS deal with it. From what I saw on TV last night, was not the right way to do things. In my opinion.
For the sake of Clives sanity on 08:48 - Sep 17 with 5617 viewsPlanetHonneywood

For the sake of Clives sanity on 08:24 - Sep 17 by thame_hoops

All I will say before the thread is deleted, if you feel somebody committed a crime against you, go through the proper Channels and report it. Let the CPS deal with it. From what I saw on TV last night, was not the right way to do things. In my opinion.

Based on comments thus far, it shouldn't.

The problem isn't the topic or a differing views. It's the comments of some that deliberately or ignorantly take a thread down a rabbit hole. Differing views are good to learn, it makes you think.

Maybe those who 'ruin' it are the ones who or their comments should be removed and not a thread provoking good vigorous debate...easier said than done mind!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

For the sake of Clives sanity on 08:49 - Sep 17 with 5616 viewsChrisNW6

Allegedly the Times are going to drip feed this over the next few weeks with similar stories involving two other well known comedians.
For the sake of Clives sanity on 08:52 - Sep 17 with 5604 viewsWatford_Ranger

For the sake of Clives sanity on 06:50 - Sep 17 by kitkev

Abhor the bias media now

Plenty of huge scandals down the years have been the result of media investigation initially. Proper journalism is dying slowly but I think it’s a good thing we still have proper investigative journalism on relatively powerful people with deep pockets at least occasionally.
For the sake of Clives sanity on 09:32 - Sep 17 with 5531 viewsFDC

I mean, the reporting seems pretty meticulous, and, if they've libelled him a rich man like Brand should have no problems proving it.

You've got to look at the extremely dubious attitude towards women that he's previously been happy to express on record.

The notion, expressed online in various places, that this is the 'mainstream media' coming after his very important YouTube channel is pretty laughable. For starters all of these alleged incidents took place whilst he was a mainstream figure, under the noses of media execs. If the allegations are founded it's extremely damaging for the likes of channel 4 etc
For the sake of Clives sanity on 09:42 - Sep 17 with 5487 viewscolinallcars

For the sake of Clives sanity on 08:49 - Sep 17 by ChrisNW6

Allegedly the Times are going to drip feed this over the next few weeks with similar stories involving two other well known comedians.

Oh no, they're not going to include yesterday's ref are they ?
For the sake of Clives sanity on 09:47 - Sep 17 with 5465 viewsPlanetHonneywood

For the sake of Clives sanity on 09:32 - Sep 17 by FDC

I mean, the reporting seems pretty meticulous, and, if they've libelled him a rich man like Brand should have no problems proving it.

You've got to look at the extremely dubious attitude towards women that he's previously been happy to express on record.

The notion, expressed online in various places, that this is the 'mainstream media' coming after his very important YouTube channel is pretty laughable. For starters all of these alleged incidents took place whilst he was a mainstream figure, under the noses of media execs. If the allegations are founded it's extremely damaging for the likes of channel 4 etc

All comes back to 'talent management'.

Be it footballers, golfers, comics, DJs, actors, presenters, as long as they are making money, their employers are happy to turn a blind eye and smooth over the creases, until the time comes when they feign horror ahead of a root and branch review.

As with all these things: who knew what? When did they know? And what did they do about it? The answers are invariably: a lot; early, and very little.

For the sake of Clives sanity on 09:48 - Sep 17 with 5464 viewsted_hendrix

For the sake of Clives sanity on 08:49 - Sep 17 by ChrisNW6

Point me In the right direction here, but what's the point of 'drip feeding' similar stories over the next few weeks?
If you've got something to say and can back It up then say It or keep quiet (I'm talking about the Times).

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

For the sake of Clives sanity on 10:00 - Sep 17 with 5395 viewsdistortR

The Alex Salmon and Kevin Spacey trial's have made me very wary of trial by media - I made assumptions that turned out to be incorrect. But.....it's so important to support investigative journalism (Which leads us to the Assange allegations, now dropped, I believe).
I just don't know anymore, who do you believe?
For the sake of Clives sanity on 10:04 - Sep 17 with 5371 viewsNortholt_Rs

Why start one? 🤪

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

For the sake of Clives sanity on 10:43 - Sep 17 with 5271 viewsRanger_Things

I thought he’d already been outed as a wrong’un in Hollywood which made him turn to nutjob conspiracy podcasts to make a living. Is he still on telly and making movies?
For the sake of Clives sanity on 10:48 - Sep 17 with 5256 viewsChrisNW6

For the sake of Clives sanity on 10:43 - Sep 17 by Ranger_Things

I thought he’d already been outed as a wrong’un in Hollywood which made him turn to nutjob conspiracy podcasts to make a living. Is he still on telly and making movies?

Reinvented himself as a health guru on you tube and has been pretty successful.
For the sake of Clives sanity on 11:26 - Sep 17 with 5194 viewshubble

For the sake of Clives sanity on 10:43 - Sep 17 by Ranger_Things

The disinformation in this thread regarding Russell Brand reflects the mad cesspit of allegations that's on social media, and your post is part of that.

By the way Chris, does your thread win the title of most disingenuous of the year, or did you deliberately mean to stir up yet another hornet's nest?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024