Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leyton Orient Express match fred 15:59 - Aug 11 with 31623 viewswood_hoop

No doubt we will be throwing out a side with a few of the U12's on the bench and no surprise to see us getitng steam rollered but me being the sumpreme optomist, crossed fingers, touching wood, not walking under ladders, and a multitude of other odd superstitions......

Will go for 2-2 us winning on penalties
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 16:44]
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:23 - Aug 11 with 2839 viewskensalriser

Have we ever played Oxford?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:25 - Aug 11 with 2792 viewsPunteR

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:06 - Aug 11 by Bankole_Fan_Club

I swear some of our fans would have Peter Sutcliffe as their favourite serial killer if he was a QPR fan....

I'm out... All the best but this site isn't for me.

Ive had my issues with this site and certain posters and flounced off but this is next level. What an odd way to call it a day on here.
I had to double check if we won or not.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:26 - Aug 11 with 2784 viewsjoolsyp

Warbs looked pissed off in the post-match interview and told it like it was i.e Orient were the better team 2nd half and should have won - exactly what I want to see and hear.

Bring on the Hull! (with our first 11).
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:26 - Aug 11 with 2783 viewsCiderwithRsie

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:16 - Aug 11 by traininvain

This probably isn’t the best place to be if you get irritated when qpr win!

Hang on, we won? In the cup?

So now what happens?
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:28 - Aug 11 with 2746 viewsdanehoop

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:26 - Aug 11 by CiderwithRsie

Hang on, we won? In the cup?

So now what happens?

Apparently we should stop supporting the team and flounce

Never knowingly understood

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:29 - Aug 11 with 2712 viewsStanisgod

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:26 - Aug 11 by joolsyp

Warbs looked pissed off in the post-match interview and told it like it was i.e Orient were the better team 2nd half and should have won - exactly what I want to see and hear.

Bring on the Hull! (with our first 11).

Dont know why as to me it was his decision to go to a back four that wrecked us.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:30 - Aug 11 with 2692 viewsdavman

Positives:
First 25 minutes
Archer - not going to get much credit from others, but he kept us in the Cup
Dickie top scorer
Betache and Dozzell
We're through

Negatives:
Second Half
Uncs - love him, but he wasn't great on the pitch - such a shame as he has waited for that chance
Dickie Second Half - pretty poor
Dykes - two games; looking anonymous
No Willock or Chair = v. little chance creation
Persisting with two up top - not a fan when we have a back three...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:30 - Aug 11 with 2690 viewsaston_hoop

He'll be back, he always is, just with a different username. Surprised nobody notices this nonsense.

Anyway, bring on Oxford. I wasn't quite born in 1986, but I'm told nothing of note happened that year apart from us beating Liverpool in the final and winning it right?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:30 - Aug 11 with 2688 viewsqueensparker

Make an account, compare Albert Adomah to Peter Sutcliffe for celebrating with fans after a cup victory, flounce.

That’s quite an entrance and exit mate.
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:31 - Aug 11 with 2675 viewsCiderwithRsie

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:18 - Aug 11 by QPRSteve

Revenge time. For what I can't remember

For those bastard Three Kings. Sod off to the other end of the Central Line! And you can take your myrrh with you.
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:33 - Aug 11 with 2627 viewsLogman

Both times we got on top we failed to keep the throttle down and let them back into the game. A championship team will beat us in such circumstances. Also, as Warbs has said, the quality is not good enough in the final third. But we have three players to come back up there so I am optimistic that we can create some chances on Saturday.
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:38 - Aug 11 with 2564 viewsCiderwithRsie

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:30 - Aug 11 by aston_hoop

He'll be back, he always is, just with a different username. Surprised nobody notices this nonsense.

Anyway, bring on Oxford. I wasn't quite born in 1986, but I'm told nothing of note happened that year apart from us beating Liverpool in the final and winning it right?

Not born in 1986?

You have made a happy man feel very old.
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:40 - Aug 11 with 2530 viewsaston_hoop

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:38 - Aug 11 by CiderwithRsie

Not born in 1986?

You have made a happy man feel very old.

I was born 9 months after that game that didnt happen. Assume it was the only way to get my dad to take his mind off the result

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:43 - Aug 11 with 2498 viewsSharpy36

Found it odd Orient didn`t use any subs, especially when many of them were struggling with cramp, some fresh legs could of got them over the line.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:46 - Aug 11 with 2455 viewsDorse

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:30 - Aug 11 by aston_hoop

I wasn't born in 1986 either.

It was way before that.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:49 - Aug 11 with 2413 viewsVancouverHoop

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:43 - Aug 11 by Sharpy36

Found it odd Orient didn`t use any subs, especially when many of them were struggling with cramp, some fresh legs could of got them over the line.

They brought on one at half-time.
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:50 - Aug 11 with 2403 viewsDorse

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:49 - Aug 11 by VancouverHoop

They brought on one at half-time.

One leg? Bold move.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 23:02 - Aug 11 with 2289 viewsRanger_Things

I swear some of our fans would have Peter Sutcliffe as their favourite serial killer if he was a QPR fan....

John Christie was an R. Apparently the only time he showed any emotion in court was a smile when it was mentioned he supported QPR. I wouldn’t say he’s my favourite serial killer but probably top 5.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 23:19]
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 23:06 - Aug 11 with 2250 viewsRangersw12

No stay mate I enjoy your whinging on every thread
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 23:19 - Aug 11 with 2142 viewsqprnaas

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 21:56 - Aug 11 by Bankole_Fan_Club

I really do find him embarrassing and won't like him simply because he's a QPR fan.

Man, we just won a penalty shoot out! Enjoy it. It doesnt happen often.

Also, just for a second, imagine if you were a qpr fan and scored the winning penalty in a penalty shoot out. What would you like to do?
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 23:23 - Aug 11 with 2114 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 23:02 - Aug 11 by Ranger_Things

John Christie was an R. Apparently the only time he showed any emotion in court was a smile when it was mentioned he supported QPR. I wouldn’t say he’s my favourite serial killer but probably top 5.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 23:19]

Harry Roberts was probably an R too.
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 23:26 - Aug 11 with 2082 viewskensalriser

Christie was from Halifax.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 23:27 - Aug 11 with 2074 viewsBoston

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 21:48 - Aug 11 by Bankole_Fan_Club

It's progression into the 2nd round but we don't deserve it and there is already some signs that our pre season confidence was up there with our most unwarranted for some time.

Crikey Bankole, ain't you found another message board yet?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 23:32 - Aug 11 with 2032 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 23:26 - Aug 11 by kensalriser

Christie was from Halifax.

The original NorthernR
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 23:37 - Aug 11 with 1994 viewsMyke

It would be easy to be critical of that performance. As some posters rightly pointed out it was not just the second half, but pretty much from the moment we scored. Everything we had been doing well for the first 15 minutes; high press, slick passing lots of movement stopped. Orient started to press us higher up the pitch and Dozzell and Bettache's little magic triangles disappeared. Thomas's forward runs ditto. At the time of watching it, I was embarrassed by the second half and was nearly willing Orient to win it. Dickie went from sublime to ridiculous - what was he trying to head a ball away at ankle height? In a way it was a relief, because any potential suitors watching would quickly realise he is some way from the finished article.

Anyway like I said, easy to criticise,but then I got to thinking and reading some of the more balanced views on here, made me realise that while we were hugely incohesive in the second half, there were a lot of players out there who have had very few minutes in a QPR shirt. Archer (who I thought was excellent, bar one flap at a cross and kept us in the game) Dunne, Bettache, Thomas, Dozzell, even Adomah (who I felt was trying too hard). Add in Moses and Kellman second half, plus the fact that Moses was playing out of position as was Dunne when Kakay became part of the back three. I don't care how 'comfortable' you are on the weaker foot, it's still the weaker foot and both Moses and Dunne ended up playing on the left side of the defence, no surprise Orient were getting most joy down their right.
We got through, score five excellent penalties and now have a home game to look forward to. Tonight's test should prove most beneficial to the fringe players as it was a proper match and they should learn plenty from it.
It's all good
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 23:46]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024