Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leyton Orient Express match fred 15:59 - Aug 11 with 31634 viewswood_hoop

No doubt we will be throwing out a side with a few of the U12's on the bench and no surprise to see us getitng steam rollered but me being the sumpreme optomist, crossed fingers, touching wood, not walking under ladders, and a multitude of other odd superstitions......

Will go for 2-2 us winning on penalties
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 16:44]
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 23:38 - Aug 11 with 2699 viewsBazzeR

It was rumoured that Christie worked as a general labourer at Grayson White and Sparrow yard in Goldhawk Rd.
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 23:38 - Aug 11 with 2698 viewsextratimeR

As mentioned on here, I noticed after Orient had thrown the " kitchen sink " at us in the Second Half that they were " gone" after 85 mins, I thought hang on we're going to knock this, ( late goal or Penalty's), in the end our players conditioning/fitness got us over the line.

( Loved Dominic Ball's Penalty, pure class!)
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 23:46 - Aug 11 with 2639 viewsSharpy36

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:49 - Aug 11 by VancouverHoop

They brought on one at half-time.

Couldn`t remember that happening and two sites agree with me.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 23:46 - Aug 11 with 2644 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 21:31 - Aug 11 by RangersDave

tippy tap, tippy tap, across, back, across, back, across, back, keeper!

Simple instructions to rangers this match.

Yes, we were very ponderous tonight. We need to break far quicker.
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 23:52 - Aug 11 with 2600 viewsstevec

Early days but not certain I’m going to like Dozzell. Looks a bit of a carpet footballer, not too keen on grabbing hold of the game but fond of outside of the boot passes that put the onus on the forward whilst relieving him of any further involvement in the move.

I liked Moses a few years back but he needs it drummed in it’s a team game.

If we are going to challenge there’s a fair few who need to knuckle down, some bad habits developed elsewhere it seems.
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 23:55 - Aug 11 with 2604 viewsdistortR

wondered in from pub.
For those who were there, i reckon they'll remember Adomah's celebrations for life.
Wonderful, he's one of us, he scores the winner in a penalty shoot out .
F'ck restraint, that's passion - and if you can't see that, I despair
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 0:07]
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 00:05 - Aug 12 with 2547 viewsVancouverHoop

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 23:46 - Aug 11 by Sharpy36

Couldn`t remember that happening and two sites agree with me.

You're quite right. The commentator on DaZN said that was the case. Not the only mistake he made (Kelman replacing Dykes.)
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 02:06 - Aug 12 with 2359 viewsMistication92

I'm hoping it's just that Dozzell and Bettache need confidence, hopefully they'll get another chance vs Oxford and they can move forward with the ball.

Messaged my dad that I'd forgotten Dykes was on the pitch when he came to take the penalty. TBF to him, 90 minutes and I counted 2 decent crosses from open play. We always seemed hesitant to try and cross it, I don't get why.

As for people moaning about over-celebration... FFS. Let people have fun! Adomah must've been waiting for a moment to celebrate with the fans for the last year!
Login to get fewer ads

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 06:02 - Aug 12 with 2104 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:23 - Aug 11 by kensalriser

Have we ever played Oxford?

I checked and could only find the1928 Boat Race.

Seemingly the Cambridge Eight had been selected for the Olympics and couldn’t row both the university and Olympic boat races. So the Rangers Eight stepped in at the last moment.

Holding their own, it all went nipples north at Craven Cottage when Fulham’s infamous rascals, the ‘FFC Oxford University Alumni’ pelted the Rangers Eight with used champagne bottles. The Rangers Eight nearly survived, but had to pull up when their stroke and cox were both simultaneously concussed by a couple of full and well aimed jeroboams of Dom Perignon.

No one was incarcerated over the incident. The leader of the group gained some attention; with an impassioned plea for his release being raised in the Commons (Hansard 1928 vol. 3.13 a) and a piece written in The Times (29 April 1928), pointing out that as the Dom Perignon thrown came from the piss poor 1923 vintage, the Fulham rascals had actually performed a public service.

Today we use a catchphrase from the time to describe when someone is knocked out as being ‘konked on the head’ in honour of the rascal’s main protagonist.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 06:32 - Aug 12 with 2039 viewsRanger_Things

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 23:23 - Aug 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Harry Roberts was probably an R too.

Ahh the Harry Roberts song, that brings back memories. I remember first hearing it as a nipper and asking my old man who he was.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 6:39]
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 08:00 - Aug 12 with 1806 viewsdmm

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 23:37 - Aug 11 by Myke

It would be easy to be critical of that performance. As some posters rightly pointed out it was not just the second half, but pretty much from the moment we scored. Everything we had been doing well for the first 15 minutes; high press, slick passing lots of movement stopped. Orient started to press us higher up the pitch and Dozzell and Bettache's little magic triangles disappeared. Thomas's forward runs ditto. At the time of watching it, I was embarrassed by the second half and was nearly willing Orient to win it. Dickie went from sublime to ridiculous - what was he trying to head a ball away at ankle height? In a way it was a relief, because any potential suitors watching would quickly realise he is some way from the finished article.

Anyway like I said, easy to criticise,but then I got to thinking and reading some of the more balanced views on here, made me realise that while we were hugely incohesive in the second half, there were a lot of players out there who have had very few minutes in a QPR shirt. Archer (who I thought was excellent, bar one flap at a cross and kept us in the game) Dunne, Bettache, Thomas, Dozzell, even Adomah (who I felt was trying too hard). Add in Moses and Kellman second half, plus the fact that Moses was playing out of position as was Dunne when Kakay became part of the back three. I don't care how 'comfortable' you are on the weaker foot, it's still the weaker foot and both Moses and Dunne ended up playing on the left side of the defence, no surprise Orient were getting most joy down their right.
We got through, score five excellent penalties and now have a home game to look forward to. Tonight's test should prove most beneficial to the fringe players as it was a proper match and they should learn plenty from it.
It's all good
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 23:46]

Some good points Myke, but just to say Dunne is left footed and Odebajo has played plenty of games on the left in the past so I don't think playing on the left ws an issue for either of them.

My concern from last night, and Saturday too, is the lack of chances created. As others have touched on, the strikers have received poor service so far. Last night it was in part due to low quality crosses from wide areas but also we rely heavily on the Chair/Willock duo to unlock defences. It will be interesting to see how many goal scoring opportunities are made once they're playing together again.
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 08:11 - Aug 12 with 1762 viewslondonscottish

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 08:00 - Aug 12 by dmm

Some good points Myke, but just to say Dunne is left footed and Odebajo has played plenty of games on the left in the past so I don't think playing on the left ws an issue for either of them.

My concern from last night, and Saturday too, is the lack of chances created. As others have touched on, the strikers have received poor service so far. Last night it was in part due to low quality crosses from wide areas but also we rely heavily on the Chair/Willock duo to unlock defences. It will be interesting to see how many goal scoring opportunities are made once they're playing together again.

Yeah Dykes, as in the Milwall game, was just getting scraps.

Missing Willock & Chair creating movement & stretching their oppo's shape.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 08:12 - Aug 12 with 1752 viewslondonscottish

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 23:55 - Aug 11 by distortR

wondered in from pub.
For those who were there, i reckon they'll remember Adomah's celebrations for life.
Wonderful, he's one of us, he scores the winner in a penalty shoot out .
F'ck restraint, that's passion - and if you can't see that, I despair
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 0:07]

It was an amazing moment.

Also, the Rangers fans were immense from the 1st whistle to the last. Even when the O's were rampant in the 2nd half the chanting didn't stop.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 09:09 - Aug 12 with 1603 viewsRangersDave

Hold on! Rangers won a cup game?

What planet are you all on? you should be ashamed playing such a sick joke on the rest of us.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 09:36 - Aug 12 with 1512 viewsMyke

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 08:00 - Aug 12 by dmm

No Dunne is right footed. I had this discussion on another thread. He is 'comfortable' on his left foot, but his 'preferred' foot is his right. You are correct about Moses playing a lot of football on the left some years ago, but it's worth remembering that he has played damn all football in any position for the past 18 months or so. Don't get me wrong, left foot or right foot, Championship defenders should be able to cope with League Two strikers, I'm just saying it was another mitigating factor last night.
Yes very little happening in the final third and the Chair/Willock/Wallace combo have become vital to our ability to unlock defenses. I wonder how far both Chair and McCallum are from full fitness, as the latter may well need to play the Wallace role for many games this season.
It was a poor performance, difference is we scraped through for a change (wouldn't have fancied our chances if there was extra time) and we have a lot of quality players to come into the side for the weekend.
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 10:02 - Aug 12 with 1460 viewsBazzeR

Dunne is decent with both feet but I’m certain that his left side is where he is most comfortable on.
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 10:55 - Aug 12 with 1379 viewsqprphil

Reasonable first half, poor second. Nothing for Dykes in this game, I thought Bettache showed some glimpses. Dickie was Dickie, Chair will make a difference for us especially with Willock alongside. Dykes won't score goals unless you give him some chances. Fortunate to win the game imo.
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 11:06 - Aug 12 with 1340 viewskensalriser

One shot on target according to the BBC.

We scored all five penalties, at least.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 12:04 - Aug 12 with 1245 viewsWokingR

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 10:02 - Aug 12 by BazzeR

Dunne is decent with both feet but I’m certain that his left side is where he is most comfortable on.

In out in out and shake it all about
You do the hokey cokey...........
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 13:00 - Aug 12 with 1176 viewsDieByYourSide

Real let off in the end. Great support in numbers and voice from the R's although didn't feel giving it the big un to Orient fans from behind a police line/walking back down the high street was particularly called for, even if it was all posturing.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 13:15 - Aug 12 with 1139 viewsStanisgod

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 13:00 - Aug 12 by DieByYourSide

Real let off in the end. Great support in numbers and voice from the R's although didn't feel giving it the big un to Orient fans from behind a police line/walking back down the high street was particularly called for, even if it was all posturing.

Agree, pathetic, especially given the Millwall thread.
To be fair I dont think those involved had a pubic hair between them 😬

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 13:33 - Aug 12 with 1083 viewseastside_r

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 13:00 - Aug 12 by DieByYourSide

More than just posturing according to my Orient mate.

He texted saying that some of our lot were chucking coins at them.

No idea how much of this was going on, but I trust my mate to be telling the truth. I had f***ed off in the opposite direction so cannot verify either way.
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 13:45 - Aug 12 with 1044 viewsizlingtonhoop

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 13:33 - Aug 12 by eastside_r

More than just posturing according to my Orient mate.

He texted saying that some of our lot were chucking coins at them.

No idea how much of this was going on, but I trust my mate to be telling the truth. I had f***ed off in the opposite direction so cannot verify either way.

Little kick off right in front of us on the highstreet.

Don't know who was who. Nor what sparked it.

Cops smothered it quickly.

Was somewhat embarrassed by the lads in front of us accepting and returning the baiting by nine fifteen year old lads in their end...
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 14:52 - Aug 12 with 939 viewsPinnerPaul

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 21:26 - Aug 11 by VancouverHoop

Yeah we could have conceded two pens tonight... so far

Doesn't matter now, but the Dickie one isn't a pen - handball law has changed (again!) this season.

Don't suppose it will be the last time I mention this!
Leyton Orient Express match fred on 15:00 - Aug 12 with 913 viewsPinnerPaul

Leyton Orient Express match fred on 22:38 - Aug 11 by CiderwithRsie

Not born in 1986?

You have made a happy man feel very old.

My daughter was born in 1986!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024