Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin head butt on Grant Hall 22:05 - Aug 18 with 24764 viewsBakes

Now I’m all for us bringing the sh*thousery but surely this will result in a ban for Charlie

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 02:35 - Aug 19 with 3567 viewsstainrods_elbow

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 22:58 - Aug 18 by daveB

The ref gave a free kick for it and no booking so not sure how they can ban him.
Looks bad slowed down but do think it was accidental

Are you joking? That's worse than I thought, and, if he gets a ban, he deserves it. If he does, I hoep the club will throw in a suitable fine as well.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 02:37 - Aug 19 with 3555 viewsstainrods_elbow

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 23:28 - Aug 18 by extratimeR

Milosovic done the Middlesbrough defender, ( not sure who it was Hall maybe?) In the opening game against Fulham, got a Yellow from Keith Stroud in the First Minute, ( otherwise general opinion is it was a straight Red, it was).

Last night he was at it again, Sky picked out very late high challenge on Cooper? Nobody bothered " Milosovic is a naughty boy, he plays on the edge, what an attractive side Fulham are"

Nobody's bothered, ( I would mention Carvalho is fantastic, a sort of young Chair).

I like your surrealist disdain for the niceties of orthography and punctuation.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 2:56]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 03:55 - Aug 19 with 3519 viewszizoustainrod

I want to see more than just that short clip. There doesn't look to be any reason for Charlie to intentionally headbutt Hall there and I don't believe he is that sort of player. The reaction of both players suggests accidental to me - just like the ref ruled.
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 04:28 - Aug 19 with 3499 viewsDixie_CT

Austin’s abilities as a Championship level footballer appear to be declining, and rapidly, hence he is becoming more and more petulant. This was a red card all day long and Charlie is trying to pull the wool over everyone’s eyes saying it was an accident.

Ignorance will be bliss here but Warburton, the coaching team and even Les, could and should be having a word with Austin. Charlie likes to be the main man but this is a team game and his role has changed since his first time at the club and even his return to us last season.

Personally got my fingers crossed that Kelman or Armstrong have a breakthrough season or we loan a Hullesque Frazier Campbell in, as I’m not sure Dykes and Austin are a top six strike force.
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 07:07 - Aug 19 with 3268 viewshoops_legend

Incredible how one little incident which may or may not have been intentional has half the people on this thread questioning him completely. He basically saved us from relegation last year and has been a legend for us whenever he plays
But people quick to say he's overweight and past it.. come on...
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 07:51 - Aug 19 with 3132 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 23:19 - Aug 18 by daveB

assuming you mean since he resigned in the summer but a bit harsh, he's only played 1 game this season

He hasn't nevertheless that's precisely the point. If he was fit and firing he'd have contributed more. With a small squad at his disposal MW can ill afford to lose senior pros to mindless petulance. Moreover, he'll be mindful of the poor example it sets the likes of Willock, Chair, Dykes and Kelman. Harsh or not, I've no doubt that the gaffer will be having a word.
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 07:59 - Aug 19 with 3088 viewsGroveR

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 07:51 - Aug 19 by Benny_the_Ball

He hasn't nevertheless that's precisely the point. If he was fit and firing he'd have contributed more. With a small squad at his disposal MW can ill afford to lose senior pros to mindless petulance. Moreover, he'll be mindful of the poor example it sets the likes of Willock, Chair, Dykes and Kelman. Harsh or not, I've no doubt that the gaffer will be having a word.

The "did the ref see it or not" is handled by the Compliance Officer in Scottish football. I think the FA charge you depending on whether or not you play for a big club, chinless Eton horsefùckers that they are.

"When an incident has been identified, the Compliance Officer asks one fundamental question: was the incident seen, in its entirety, by the match officials?

If the answer is yes, the matter is closed pursuant to IFAB Law 5: the match official’s decision is final.

If the answer is no — due to either the incident being completely missed (such as an off the ball incident) or that a significant part of the incident has been missed because the match official’s view has been obscured or blocked — the incident is referred, independently, to three former category one referees."
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 08:38 - Aug 19 with 2967 viewsAshdown_Ranger

The ref gave a free kick for it and no booking so not sure how they can ban him.

I think you've got your blue and white hooped tinted glasses on Dave - love it!

(But Chaz meant that head butt 100%)
Login to get fewer ads

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 08:48 - Aug 19 with 2917 viewsjohncharles

We’ve all seen incidents that look so much worse in replay (and some times better) The ref saw it, Grant Hall doesn’t react. Warnock has been known to overreact in the past 😄

Strong and stable my arse.

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 08:48 - Aug 19 with 2915 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 07:59 - Aug 19 by GroveR

The "did the ref see it or not" is handled by the Compliance Officer in Scottish football. I think the FA charge you depending on whether or not you play for a big club, chinless Eton horsefùckers that they are.

"When an incident has been identified, the Compliance Officer asks one fundamental question: was the incident seen, in its entirety, by the match officials?

If the answer is yes, the matter is closed pursuant to IFAB Law 5: the match official’s decision is final.

If the answer is no — due to either the incident being completely missed (such as an off the ball incident) or that a significant part of the incident has been missed because the match official’s view has been obscured or blocked — the incident is referred, independently, to three former category one referees."

It was looking so promising until I read the final paragraph. Up to interpretation and with the football authorities that's never a good thing.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 8:50]
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 09:15 - Aug 19 with 2793 viewsQPRSteve

My first reaction was accident and I see no reason to change it after seeing the replay. Charlie is not that type of player.
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 09:18 - Aug 19 with 2780 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 09:15 - Aug 19 by QPRSteve

My first reaction was accident and I see no reason to change it after seeing the replay. Charlie is not that type of player.

Really? He stamped on a player only this year.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 09:40 - Aug 19 with 2679 viewssimmo

A stupid thing to do and the 2nd petulant, selfish thing he's done that has/will/could lead to games missed. Doing it after coming on for an injured Dykes when you're already at 10 men too... It's not good enough, especially for a player with his experience and influence.

I also don't swallow any of the 'coming together' stuff, it was clear in real time and on the replay. Both Johansen in game and then Warbs at the end spoke to him about it and you could see him pleading his case.

For the good of the team I hope we get away without retrospective action, but that also needs to be the last time this kind of thing happens, as Brian said to me last night, it's not as if these are Gary O'Neil type things, it helps nobody.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 10:12 - Aug 19 with 2544 viewsdaveB

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 02:35 - Aug 19 by stainrods_elbow

Are you joking? That's worse than I thought, and, if he gets a ban, he deserves it. If he does, I hoep the club will throw in a suitable fine as well.

No it looked accidental to me, a bit of a freak accident. They are both pulling each others shirts and as they turn and run for the ball he catches him. When you slow it down it looks bad but players know when someone has headbutted them and Hall just got up and got on with it.

This all feels like QPR fans desperately trying to find a problem to complain about
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 10:14 - Aug 19 with 2538 viewsdaveB

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 07:51 - Aug 19 by Benny_the_Ball

we've only played 3 games.

the only petulance last night was Moses throwing himself into two daft challenges and getting himself sent off. he did the same at Orient
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 10:19 - Aug 19 with 2508 viewsLythamR

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 09:15 - Aug 19 by QPRSteve

it looked a Red to me in real time and my phone immediately lit up with others who were watching a stream both QPR and some Blackpool who where watching a version with Middlesbrough commentary (they were apparently apoplectic with rage) asking how he was still on

It is possible to think he has committed a petulant stupid foul and still love him for what he has given and hopefully will continue to provide

Austin plays on the edge and as we saw last year it can boil over.
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 10:53 - Aug 19 with 2400 viewsJamieNaz

Love all the rose tinted, "Charlie is not that type of player" in here!

He very much is. Did he not stamp on someone last season?
We need players with that edge. He's just lost the run of himself a bit here. Probably deserving of a ban, as you can't do that.

If someone did that to our Rob Dickie and we'd lost 3-2 the pitchforks would be out
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 11:11 - Aug 19 with 2326 viewsonlyrinmoray

Looks bad but Warnock doesn’t seem too upset With all the discussion on here it might get the FA looking at it The ref gave a foul so he didn’t think it so bad
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 11:15 - Aug 19 with 2300 viewsjoe90

I thought the same. Before Chaz turns looks like Hall has his hand on his face.
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 11:19 - Aug 19 with 2276 viewsdaveB

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 10:53 - Aug 19 by JamieNaz

Love all the rose tinted, "Charlie is not that type of player" in here!

He very much is. Did he not stamp on someone last season?
We need players with that edge. He's just lost the run of himself a bit here. Probably deserving of a ban, as you can't do that.

If someone did that to our Rob Dickie and we'd lost 3-2 the pitchforks would be out

I don't think I've ever seen someone deliberately headbutt a player whilst running before so it would be a unique one if he meant it
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 11:28 - Aug 19 with 2230 viewsParkRoyalR

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 10:12 - Aug 19 by daveB

No it looked accidental to me, a bit of a freak accident. They are both pulling each others shirts and as they turn and run for the ball he catches him. When you slow it down it looks bad but players know when someone has headbutted them and Hall just got up and got on with it.

This all feels like QPR fans desperately trying to find a problem to complain about

Never an accident, looked a RED in real-time but one of those when he done it he realised the outcome was worse that the intent, was struggling to get free of Hall holding him back and pushed his head into him, just being shorter his forehead smacked Hall's cheekbone, hence looking worse than hat he intended to do. If Hall played it, he was off as the Referee was prone to changing his mind all game.
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 11:48 - Aug 19 with 2139 viewsPinnerPaul

IF (Red light, loud klaxon) what Neil Warnock said was true, that
the ref told him that he saw it as a clash of heads then retrospective action can't be taken.

In these sort of situations, i always look at player reaction and no Boro player or indeed Grant Hall went mad, so to me he gets the benefit of the doubt.
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 11:49 - Aug 19 with 2131 viewsPinnerPaul

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 22:17 - Aug 18 by QPR_John

True but the ref will simply say he saw nothing. He will not want to admit seeing it and not doing anything

See above. Warnock SAYS ref told him he saw it.
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 11:54 - Aug 19 with 2094 viewsPinnerPaul

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 02:37 - Aug 19 by stainrods_elbow

I like your surrealist disdain for the niceties of orthography and punctuation.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 2:56]

I like your disdain for the competition/FA rules.

How many times, IF ref has seen it, he can't be banned.
Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 11:56 - Aug 19 with 2071 viewsNorthernr

Austin head butt on Grant Hall on 11:49 - Aug 19 by PinnerPaul

See above. Warnock SAYS ref told him he saw it.

Pretty difficult to pretend you didn't see it when you awarded a free kick for it.
That was Keithy Baby's big out at Forest last year, he may have been staring straight at it from a few yards awya, but he didn't give a free kick.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024