Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hugill or Wells? 23:20 - Aug 22 with 4670 viewsstainrods_elbow

Hugill or Wells?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Hugill or Wells? on 23:55 - Aug 22 with 3753 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Any chance of changing it to just 'Neither'? Whether we're fine up top or not is besides the point.
Hugill or Wells? on 00:51 - Aug 23 with 3704 viewsstainrods_elbow

Hugill or Wells? on 23:55 - Aug 22 by Benny_the_Ball

Any chance of changing it to just 'Neither'? Whether we're fine up top or not is besides the point.

Fair point, but uneditable, it seems.

Hugill or Wells? on 10:28 - Aug 23 with 3459 viewsBazzeR

If it’s pace the team needs then Wells

I don’t care how badly he’s done at Bristol City he’s proved already to us what he’s capable of,15 goals in 18 games in case you need reminding.
Hugill or Wells? on 10:39 - Aug 23 with 3428 viewsdaveB

Neither for me, think we could do with another forward but wouldn't go back to those 2.
Hugill or Wells? on 10:53 - Aug 23 with 3397 viewsfrancisbowles

Hugill or Wells? on 10:28 - Aug 23 by BazzeR

If it’s pace the team needs then Wells

I don’t care how badly he’s done at Bristol City he’s proved already to us what he’s capable of,15 goals in 18 games in case you need reminding.

Where did you get those stats BazzeR?

Transfer market says 7 in 40 in the first season with us and 13 in 26 in the half season under Warburton.
Hugill or Wells? on 10:59 - Aug 23 with 3372 viewsDavieQPR

Neither. If they were still good they wouldn't be on the bench every week.
Hugill or Wells? on 11:01 - Aug 23 with 3372 viewsloftus77

I'm surprised at the negativity on here thus far. I'd take both/either of them in a heartbeat.

Remember the massive meltdown on here about the 'Hugill/Wells/Eze 45+ goal' stat at the start of 20/21? Both these strikers are proven at Championship level and did a fine job for our team and its present manager. No reason why, in familiar surroundings, they coudn't do it again.

Wells/Austin or Dykes/Hugill/Austin up front sounds powerful to me.
Hugill or Wells? on 11:08 - Aug 23 with 3349 viewsfrancisbowles

Well as our preferred attacking option seems to be Willock and Chair with either of Dykes or Austin where do Hugill or Wells fit in when both are fit and available?

Rather an expensive (wages) option to not start and if they jump to the front of the queue then Dykes's further development is affected and Charlie is an expensive sub whose match fitness is frustrated. Not to mention Kelman.
Login to get fewer ads

Hugill or Wells? on 11:21 - Aug 23 with 3317 viewsBazzeR

Hugill or Wells? on 10:53 - Aug 23 by francisbowles

Where did you get those stats BazzeR?

Transfer market says 7 in 40 in the first season with us and 13 in 26 in the half season under Warburton.

rfantasyisland have an excellent data base of individual results ,mom and top goal scorers dating back from season 2018/19

Hope that helps FB
Hugill or Wells? on 11:39 - Aug 23 with 3267 viewsCiderwithRsie

Hugill or Wells? on 11:01 - Aug 23 by loftus77

I'm surprised at the negativity on here thus far. I'd take both/either of them in a heartbeat.

Remember the massive meltdown on here about the 'Hugill/Wells/Eze 45+ goal' stat at the start of 20/21? Both these strikers are proven at Championship level and did a fine job for our team and its present manager. No reason why, in familiar surroundings, they coudn't do it again.

Wells/Austin or Dykes/Hugill/Austin up front sounds powerful to me.

Well, for me, I wouldn't take anyone in a heartbeat.

I don't like flabby squads with players who are good enough sat on the bench. We had four strikers on our books and we sent one of them on loan. We look best with one up front. I don't want spare strikers blocking the route into the 1st team for Kelman and the U-23 lads, I don't want us wasting money on guys who are rarely going to play.

I hated that "more blood" phase and I'm glad we're out of it.

I specially don't want us going backwards to players who were very decent but IMO were not as good when we had them as Charlie and Dykes are now and appear to be declining.

And finally, I don't want us pissing about with extra strikers when we're short of defensive midfielders.
Hugill or Wells? on 12:05 - Aug 23 with 3202 viewsloftus77

Hugill or Wells? on 11:39 - Aug 23 by CiderwithRsie

Well, for me, I wouldn't take anyone in a heartbeat.

I don't like flabby squads with players who are good enough sat on the bench. We had four strikers on our books and we sent one of them on loan. We look best with one up front. I don't want spare strikers blocking the route into the 1st team for Kelman and the U-23 lads, I don't want us wasting money on guys who are rarely going to play.

I hated that "more blood" phase and I'm glad we're out of it.

I specially don't want us going backwards to players who were very decent but IMO were not as good when we had them as Charlie and Dykes are now and appear to be declining.

And finally, I don't want us pissing about with extra strikers when we're short of defensive midfielders.

I take your point(s) and over this summer I would agree with you - the long term planning for the future of the squad must come first.

I guess the issue is our very successful start - does it mean that this season could well be something really special now? If so, could the season-long addition of a Hugill or a Wells mean an extra 10/12+ goals by May, in turn meaning that 7th becomes 6th or (dare I whisper it) 3rd becomes 2nd?

Difficult one for the club - they may well be tempted.
Hugill or Wells? on 19:27 - Aug 23 with 2859 viewsfrancisbowles

Hugill or Wells? on 11:21 - Aug 23 by BazzeR

rfantasyisland have an excellent data base of individual results ,mom and top goal scorers dating back from season 2018/19

Hope that helps FB

Thanks BazzeR. Had a look but I don't think it's entirely accurate. I think it is 15 in 29 which includes 2 in 3 cup ties. It is still impressive especially when you consider that he was sub or subbed on a number of occasions.

Just 11 in 50 last season and just 4 after leaving us, at the end of January 2019, till the end of that season.
Hugill or Wells? on 19:29 - Aug 23 with 2851 viewsHAYESBOY

Neither, but being greedy I would like another striker in.

If I had to choose, probably Hugill for the physicality.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Hugill or Wells? on 11:49 - Aug 24 with 2543 viewsstainrods_elbow

The squad for me lacks balance right now - 11 defenders, 11 midfielders, and basically only two strikers, plus a raw kid, is bad planning. We definitely need one and preferably two forwards in on loan, I'd say, not just for cover for Lyndon and Charlie when they're injured or ineligible, but some competition for them when they're fit.

Hugill or Wells? on 13:07 - Aug 24 with 2456 viewsterryb

Are Lblock & stainrods elbow having a love affair?

There appears to be a lot of se's posts that Lbock has bothered to approve of!

We might be unbalanced & require another forward, but why would you limit yourself to a choice between two former loanees?
Hugill or Wells? on 13:21 - Aug 24 with 2425 viewspaulhoop2

It will be neither Andre Gray is imminent if you believe the rumours

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Hugill or Wells? on 13:38 - Aug 24 with 2401 viewsBazzeR

Connolly from Brighton is another rumoured by Magic Hat today.
Hugill or Wells? on 13:52 - Aug 24 with 2364 viewskensalriser

Hugill or Wells? on 13:07 - Aug 24 by terryb

We might be unbalanced & require another forward, but why would you limit yourself to a choice between two former loanees?

Them's the rules - we're only allowed to consider exes.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hugill or Wells? on 14:10 - Aug 24 with 2344 viewsstainrods_elbow

Hugill or Wells? on 13:07 - Aug 24 by terryb

No, I didn't know s/he cared! ;-)

Hugill or Wells? on 00:10 - Aug 25 with 2180 viewsmarkrtid

Two kittens don't make a puppy. Just saying.
Hugill or Wells? on 00:25 - Aug 25 with 2148 viewsFerdy

Ideally I would rather have an up and coming youngster from league 1 or 2. Someone like Scully from Lincoln.

It seems silly to spend money on wages for Gray, Wells or Hughill when they will be 3rd choice.
Hugill or Wells? on 10:37 - Aug 25 with 1950 viewstoboboly

Hugill or Wells? on 11:21 - Aug 23 by BazzeR

Hope that helps FB

I would suggest it isn't excellent if it is incorrect.

72 appearances for us and 24 goals (a v.decent return).

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=58194

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Hugill or Wells? on 10:37 - Aug 25 with 1949 viewsaston_hoop

Hugill going to WBA so we'll see him in a month anyways

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Hugill or Wells? on 11:52 - Aug 25 with 1866 viewsrsonist

Hugill or Wells? on 10:37 - Aug 25 by aston_hoop

Hugill going to WBA so we'll see him in a month anyways

Good signing for Ismaelball you have to say.
Hugill or Wells? on 11:53 - Aug 25 with 1862 viewsaston_hoop

Hugill or Wells? on 11:52 - Aug 25 by rsonist

Good signing for Ismaelball you have to say.

In many ways, I'm dreading that match. should suit them very well

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024