Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… 12:51 - Aug 23 with 5046 viewsFrankRightguard

The tweet has been deleted, can see there was some confusion about where the Covid bit had come from.

This was the wording:

GAME OFF | Wednesday night's friendly between Wealdstone and @QPR's newly formed 'B' team is now off due to a number of COVID cases and injuries in the R's camp.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2021 19:03]
B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 12:55 - Aug 23 with 3949 viewsNorthernr

Could be an interesting week.
B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 12:55 - Aug 23 with 3944 viewsrsonist

Ruh roh.
B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 12:58 - Aug 23 with 3899 viewsaston_hoop

Ouch.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 13:06 - Aug 23 with 3822 viewsFrankRightguard

B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 12:55 - Aug 23 by Northernr

Could be an interesting week.

I’m off to Sports Direct for some shin pads, just in case the call comes.
B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 13:09 - Aug 23 with 3784 viewsgazza1

Not good at all......Rangers will not like Wealdstone's announcement either.
B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 13:31 - Aug 23 with 3657 viewsLondon_Pride

Sending Bettache and Marsterson out on loan makes less and less sense.

I know it is easy with hindsight but it was always unnecessarily limiting MWs options.
B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 13:32 - Aug 23 with 3649 viewsdmm

There have been a number of players who've been off with illness. Chair'swas one but he's obviously back now. I wonder...
B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 13:35 - Aug 23 with 3630 viewsMyke

B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 13:32 - Aug 23 by dmm

There have been a number of players who've been off with illness. Chair'swas one but he's obviously back now. I wonder...

McCallum for sure and possibly Dykes?
Login to get fewer ads

B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 13:39 - Aug 23 with 3604 viewsNorthernr

Chair definitely had Covid. Not sure about the others, McCallum they said was a stomach bug.
B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 13:52 - Aug 23 with 3494 viewsTomS

Reading between the lines, we might be forced into fielding a full strength team tomorrow night......
B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 13:56 - Aug 23 with 3463 viewsdavman

B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 13:52 - Aug 23 by TomS

Reading between the lines, we might be forced into fielding a full strength team tomorrow night......

... but that isn't possible with Wallace, De Wijs and Field definitely out with Charlie, McCallum, Dykes, Johansen as serious doubts.

I'll be there tomorrow night, but we're getting dicked, aren't we?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 13:57 - Aug 23 with 3460 viewsDieByYourSide

Dykes said he'd been playing through his illness, obv not an option if it was Covid

Poll: And it's hi ho

B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 13:58 - Aug 23 with 3455 viewsMyke

B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 13:39 - Aug 23 by Northernr

Chair definitely had Covid. Not sure about the others, McCallum they said was a stomach bug.

Going on a long time for a tummy bug
B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 14:02 - Aug 23 with 3416 viewsdavman

B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 13:58 - Aug 23 by Myke

Going on a long time for a tummy bug

Ironically, my son caught a stomach bug after the Millwall game. He had a raging temperature on the Sunday and we concluded that it could only be one thing as there is nothing out there than COVID, right? We both took a test; nothing. He then took the postal test, still nothing.

It took him 5 days to recover; he was genuinely wiped out for 4 of those days. So, put in getting up to elite fitness, a week and a bit is not THAT unreasonable.

Another two or three players out with it and the unbeaten start won't last much longer...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 14:17 - Aug 23 with 3327 viewsBAWHoops

B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 13:39 - Aug 23 by Northernr

Against Millwall McCallum was in the stands sitting with Masterson, Amos and some of the youngsters on first team fringes.
He didn't have Coved then or else we would have large numbers of the U23's unavailable (and they've played since then).

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 14:20 - Aug 23 with 3296 viewsdaveB

I would imagine this means a lot of the B team who would have played on Wednesday are now playing on Tuesday against Oxford
B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 15:09 - Aug 23 with 3091 viewsTomS

B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 14:20 - Aug 23 by daveB

I would imagine this means a lot of the B team who would have played on Wednesday are now playing on Tuesday against Oxford

I'd speculate that several of them are close contacts, so will be forced to self isolate.
B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 15:18 - Aug 23 with 3028 viewsSuperhoop83

B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 15:09 - Aug 23 by TomS

I'd speculate that several of them are close contacts, so will be forced to self isolate.

...unless they are double jabbed in which it is now, apparently, ok to mingle regardless.

Suffering since 1978.

B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 15:23 - Aug 23 with 2995 viewsLanhoop

The tummy bug is probably Norovirus. Been a lot around this summer and very infectious.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/norovirus-outbreaks-increasing-in-england
B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 15:38 - Aug 23 with 2956 viewsStainrod

B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 15:23 - Aug 23 by Lanhoop

The tummy bug is probably Norovirus. Been a lot around this summer and very infectious.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/norovirus-outbreaks-increasing-in-england

Ive been wondering about a Covid outbreak which (understandably) the club are not too willing to talk about. Chair, Macullum and Dykes have all been off "sick" which is an unusual term term to hear in football. Dykes might have been a genuine stomach bug as surely he wouldn't have played otherwise but the other two are a bit suspicious. No blame on them but the danger, of course, is it cd spread thru the club. And I believe you have to have a lot down with it (9 rings a bell but might be wrong) before you can plead for a postponement?
B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 18:43 - Aug 23 with 2667 viewsfrancisbowles

Where did we get the covid bit from?

Wealdstone official https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/game-off-qpr-b-friendly

Also the U23s have an away game at Peterborough tomorrow. With fixture congestion, injuries, loans out and a league cup and U23 game on the same day could we field another XI plus subs the following day?
B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 18:54 - Aug 23 with 2598 viewsWatfordR

B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 18:43 - Aug 23 by francisbowles

Where did we get the covid bit from?

Wealdstone official https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/game-off-qpr-b-friendly

Also the U23s have an away game at Peterborough tomorrow. With fixture congestion, injuries, loans out and a league cup and U23 game on the same day could we field another XI plus subs the following day?

It was on the Wealdstone site, in the OP's post, but that message now appears to have gone.
B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 18:56 - Aug 23 with 2584 viewsPinnerPaul

I was due to AR a Wealdstone U18s game on Weds, game was moved to Thursday - now I know why.

Wonder if it will be moved back again now?
B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 18:57 - Aug 23 with 2575 viewsaston_hoop

Interesting, I see Wealdstone deleted the original tweet and reworded the article to remove the Covid/injuries bit

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 18:59 - Aug 23 with 2569 viewsfrancisbowles

B team friendly v Wealdstone off due to… on 18:54 - Aug 23 by WatfordR

It was on the Wealdstone site, in the OP's post, but that message now appears to have gone.

I wonder if it was accurate or how many cases there are. No mention of it, that I can find on our offy and so far no pp on either of tomorrow's matches.

Edit

https://www.theposh.com/news/2021/august/match-preview-for-peterborough-united-v

[Post edited 23 Aug 2021 19:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024