Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Podcast. 15:22 - Sep 2 with 10308 viewsPaddyhoops

Gone very quiet on that front.
Haven't heard a new one for a while, unless I'm mistaken.
QPR Podcast. on 09:54 - Sep 7 with 1548 viewsrobith

Bit late to the party, but felt I had to add, while I'm not always into it (so use this miraculous thing could "stopping listening" - the idea that the podcast is snobbish is absolutely farcical
QPR Podcast. on 12:32 - Sep 7 with 1416 viewsGaxZE

I think it was/is a fantastic podcast and whilst it's quality has waned a little over recent seasons, it's definitely better than everything else (qpr related) I've listened to so far.

The formula is quite simple and has worked for a while. I am agreeing with others that Finney shouldn't be the host, but also he shouldn't be censored either.

Finney as the mad fanatic, Flo/Clive as the analytical side with Chris / David as the moderator worked perfectly for years. Some other guests popping in and out to freshen the topics up, worked for a long time. Since David has gone, they should look to get somebody on more frequently who's going to moderate and keep the conversation flowing as it needs to. Finney's interruptions, anecdotes and repeated dad jokes should still be a part of the show but in moderation.

The live events also was a great added bit for the community side of the podcast and these guys offered that true opinion which the club seem to be unwilling to provide (probably best not to slate current staff/colleagues I suppose).

Making a podcast entertaining and be engaging is a difficult thing to do. Sometimes just the tone of somebody's voice will either keep somebody listening or make them switch over to another podcast.

If it ends, I think a lot of people will miss it.
QPR Podcast. on 13:07 - Sep 7 with 1356 viewsBklynRanger

I don't keep up on every episode but always enjoy listening - I find it's ideal material for making the dinner with your earphones in.

Finney generally seems to host it when somebody else can't - which seems fair enough, otherwise I'd guess there wouldn't be one that week - I could be wrong... So credit for that. Hope it keeps going.
QPR Podcast. on 13:13 - Sep 7 with 1339 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If it does end I'm sure there are plenty of other vocal female fans for the QPR Incel Association to harass.
QPR Podcast. on 13:29 - Sep 7 with 1319 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR Podcast. on 16:15 - Sep 6 by Rangersw12

Wind your neck in ffs

You called people "entitled cnts" for daring to critise a podcast and now your whinging because somebody has pulled you up on it

Thanks - the ignore button is a wonderful thing.
QPR Podcast. on 13:34 - Sep 7 with 1308 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR Podcast. on 08:49 - Sep 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

NM
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 9:00]

Excuse my ignorance but what does NM mean?

Genuine question btw
QPR Podcast. on 13:35 - Sep 7 with 1301 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR Podcast. on 13:34 - Sep 7 by PinnerPaul

Excuse my ignorance but what does NM mean?

Genuine question btw

Never Mind.

I originally gave a snarky answer then decided it would be best for everyone if I didn't do that. I have since failed in my endeavour.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 13:38]
QPR Podcast. on 13:38 - Sep 7 with 1296 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR Podcast. on 13:35 - Sep 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Never Mind.

I originally gave a snarky answer then decided it would be best for everyone if I didn't do that. I have since failed in my endeavour.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 13:38]

Ta - I could spend the day on here typing that!
Login to get fewer ads

QPR Podcast. on 15:48 - Sep 7 with 1162 viewsconnell10

QPR Podcast. on 13:38 - Sep 7 by PinnerPaul

Ta - I could spend the day on here typing that!

I didn't know what it ment either mate.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

QPR Podcast. on 17:42 - Sep 7 with 1089 viewsWestonsuperR

Really enjoy the pod, great listen and one I look forward to each week. Not convinced with Finney as presenter. Understand some criticism of Flo but quite impressed that she continues to express her views despite this, for example concerns with Andre Gray which I agree with.
QPR Podcast. on 18:03 - Sep 7 with 1060 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

QPR Podcast. on 17:42 - Sep 7 by WestonsuperR

Really enjoy the pod, great listen and one I look forward to each week. Not convinced with Finney as presenter. Understand some criticism of Flo but quite impressed that she continues to express her views despite this, for example concerns with Andre Gray which I agree with.

Finney seems a QPR diehard and a nice fella, is a podcast mainstay and long may that continue but as long as I’ve a hole in my arse a presenter he is not, share the presenting between Flo, Chris and Clive, with Finney and A.N other as a guest and the podcast will continue to be a very good listen, keep up the good work!!
QPR Podcast. on 20:06 - Sep 7 with 1005 viewsderbyhoop

QPR Podcast. on 16:05 - Sep 2 by Northernr

Please God don't.

Inshallah

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR Podcast. on 05:54 - Sep 8 with 900 viewsBrisbaneR

I dropped a note to Finney out of the blue some years back as I was in London for a few weeks and we caught up on the night of the podcast. I expected to just sit in and listen as the team recorded but, no, here's a mike, welcome and join in.
David Fraser was clearly the professional and leader of the band, Finney the die-hard who said whatever came into his head and Chris Charles a bit of a dark horse, erudite and thoughtful, whilst still very warm.
Great bunch of blokes, I think Clive & Flo add to the mix beautifully, the podcast is a godsend to all exiles as far as I'm concerned. As I said at the time, we can keep up with club news easily enough but listening to the podcast feels like I'm back in a pub on the Uxbridge Road having a pint with my Rangers mates.
I look forward to it every week, long may it continue.
QPR Podcast. on 07:55 - Sep 8 with 860 viewsAussieRs

QPR Podcast. on 05:54 - Sep 8 by BrisbaneR

I dropped a note to Finney out of the blue some years back as I was in London for a few weeks and we caught up on the night of the podcast. I expected to just sit in and listen as the team recorded but, no, here's a mike, welcome and join in.
David Fraser was clearly the professional and leader of the band, Finney the die-hard who said whatever came into his head and Chris Charles a bit of a dark horse, erudite and thoughtful, whilst still very warm.
Great bunch of blokes, I think Clive & Flo add to the mix beautifully, the podcast is a godsend to all exiles as far as I'm concerned. As I said at the time, we can keep up with club news easily enough but listening to the podcast feels like I'm back in a pub on the Uxbridge Road having a pint with my Rangers mates.
I look forward to it every week, long may it continue.

Agree with this.
Aussie fan, weekly listener to Open All Rs. Finney's best role is as super passionate fan and panel member. Always enjoyed David's moderation, now think Flo filling this role very well. Lucky to have her.
And while Clive's writing is superior, his ranting is phenomenal. I wished I could have been in a position to buy a ticket to Reading so I could be denied by clowns and then outraged. Great stuff.
And lucky to have this podcast. Hate to lose it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024