Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Podcast. 15:22 - Sep 2 with 10307 viewsPaddyhoops

Gone very quiet on that front.
Haven't heard a new one for a while, unless I'm mistaken.
QPR Podcast. on 19:32 - Sep 3 with 2571 viewsBAWHoops

Love the podcast, been on it a few times and whenever I bump into Finney he always asks me to come on.
Won't hear a word of criticism about Finney, just the most genuine person you could wish to meet and someone who would do anything for this club. Yes he rubs people up the wrong way and has his Finneyisms... but he's ours and I love him for it!

Flo is fcking brilliant. She just constantly impresses me.
I'm a bit of a loser and listen to far too many football podcasts. She crops up on loads of them and is as knowledgable and informed as any of the big hitters out there. Holds her own with proper 'big' podcast names as well.
Don't think we realise how lucky we are to have her pretty much every week on Open All R's. She was one of the main hosts every single day on The Athletic's England Podcast during the Euro's and she's always popping up on The Guardian's pods and some of The Ramble ones as well.

It needed a refresh after 10 years and Flo, Finney and Clive are the perfect 3 to be spearheading it

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

QPR Podcast. on 19:42 - Sep 3 with 2539 viewsterryb

That wasn't a rant Clive. It was a statement on behalf of all our supporters.

That was the epitome of the 3 c's - calm, cool & collected, It was a measured "speech" that needs to be heard by the senior (non playing) management of the club & the directors.

Enjoy your meeting with Lee Hoos.
QPR Podcast. on 22:37 - Sep 3 with 2428 viewsdaveB

QPR Podcast. on 09:16 - Sep 3 by BrianMcCarthy

"...it was a reasonable and clear-eyed concern at the uncertain time (Some fair observations about Gray too). Inadvertently or otherwise maybe let's not give an inch to the idea the stick she got and continues to get for it was ever actually about the topic...)"

Agree completely.

I had largely the same concerns as Flo, and I repeated them when the signing was being made permanent this Summer. I posted the same on here on a few occasions, and got no stick at all. Part of that is undoubtedly because LFW is friendlier than Twitter, but I still think that Flo got a raw deal for making what were legitimate points.

I think it was the way she said it which was the problem suggesting he wasn't the right character for a relegation battle, it didn't help that Austin himself wasn't best pleased with it and brought it up when he appeared on the podcast.
QPR Podcast. on 23:11 - Sep 3 with 2394 viewsozexile

I long for the good old days when people could have a different opinion (probably before social media) and it didn't bother anyone. Nowadays it seems that anyone with a different opinion is immediately the Devil incarnate and they must be hung, drawn and quartered in the town square at dawn.
QPR Podcast. on 03:00 - Sep 4 with 2317 viewsMistication92

QPR Podcast. on 19:32 - Sep 3 by BAWHoops

Love the podcast, been on it a few times and whenever I bump into Finney he always asks me to come on.
Won't hear a word of criticism about Finney, just the most genuine person you could wish to meet and someone who would do anything for this club. Yes he rubs people up the wrong way and has his Finneyisms... but he's ours and I love him for it!

Flo is fcking brilliant. She just constantly impresses me.
I'm a bit of a loser and listen to far too many football podcasts. She crops up on loads of them and is as knowledgable and informed as any of the big hitters out there. Holds her own with proper 'big' podcast names as well.
Don't think we realise how lucky we are to have her pretty much every week on Open All R's. She was one of the main hosts every single day on The Athletic's England Podcast during the Euro's and she's always popping up on The Guardian's pods and some of The Ramble ones as well.

It needed a refresh after 10 years and Flo, Finney and Clive are the perfect 3 to be spearheading it

Agreed. Flo is really great, always enjoy hearing her on Football Weekly and this podcast. Also really enjoy Clive on the podcast. You can tell they're both proper journalists with the way they talk and summarise.

Always find it amusing when Clive apologises for talking for too long, IMO his summaries are one of the main draws of the podcast. I know you've got a proper job Clive, but I think you'd be great on Football Weekly as well, great balance between analysis and humour.
QPR Podcast. on 08:58 - Sep 4 with 2250 viewsWegerles_Stairs

QPR Podcast. on 22:37 - Sep 3 by daveB

I think it was the way she said it which was the problem suggesting he wasn't the right character for a relegation battle, it didn't help that Austin himself wasn't best pleased with it and brought it up when he appeared on the podcast.

Plus from the very first match he played against Luton he showed how wrong she was.
QPR Podcast. on 15:36 - Sep 4 with 2136 viewsPinnerPaul

Just listened, very enjoyable.
QPR Podcast. on 16:16 - Sep 4 with 2092 viewsconnell10

QPR Podcast. on 19:42 - Sep 3 by terryb

That wasn't a rant Clive. It was a statement on behalf of all our supporters.

That was the epitome of the 3 c's - calm, cool & collected, It was a measured "speech" that needs to be heard by the senior (non playing) management of the club & the directors.

Enjoy your meeting with Lee Hoos.

My gloves made the cut , they are getting quite famous now .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR Podcast. on 16:16 - Sep 4 with 2092 viewsTacticalR

The great Finney debate. Here's what I said about Finney 4 years ago when he temporarily stepped in as presenter:

'Finney is better as a panelist than a chair. It's pretty hard to do both. David Fraser is better as a chair and can stop Finney rambling on.

Having said that I do think people are underestimating Finney. He has consistently been spot on about the problems at the ground (atmosphere) and the problems with the team.'

'The great thing about Finney is that he is concerned with the soul of the club.'

Worth reading through the whole thread (at the time Finney was on the forum so he made some comments on the thread).

This week's QPR podcast
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/207708

Air hostess clique

QPR Podcast. on 16:32 - Sep 4 with 2070 viewsterryb

QPR Podcast. on 16:16 - Sep 4 by TacticalR

The great Finney debate. Here's what I said about Finney 4 years ago when he temporarily stepped in as presenter:

'Finney is better as a panelist than a chair. It's pretty hard to do both. David Fraser is better as a chair and can stop Finney rambling on.

Having said that I do think people are underestimating Finney. He has consistently been spot on about the problems at the ground (atmosphere) and the problems with the team.'

'The great thing about Finney is that he is concerned with the soul of the club.'

Worth reading through the whole thread (at the time Finney was on the forum so he made some comments on the thread).

This week's QPR podcast
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/207708

IMO, Finney would be fine if he stopped asking evry guest if they could/would play for Northern Ireland!

I realise that it is his little joke, but I find it very wearing.
QPR Podcast. on 16:58 - Sep 4 with 2044 viewsNorthernr

QPR Podcast. on 16:32 - Sep 4 by terryb

IMO, Finney would be fine if he stopped asking evry guest if they could/would play for Northern Ireland!

I realise that it is his little joke, but I find it very wearing.

Same.

And I also found it a bit much when they got Charlie Austin on and the fact Finney did the flowers at his wedding got four mentions in the first four minutes.

But like I say the podcast would alreayd be dead without him.
QPR Podcast. on 20:55 - Sep 4 with 1926 viewsRanger_Things

Open all R's is produced by fans out of their spare time for free. Some of you entitled c unts are judging like you're paying £9.99 a month for it. If you don't like Flo, Finney etc then don't fcking listen. Better still, get in touch with Paul and go on the show yourself, I'm sure he will be more than happy to oblige. If by some miracle you don't make a complete tit out of yourself and fancy doing your own podcast, then think about the commitment it takes to do the show every bloody week, booking guests, editing, putting up the show inbetween juggling home, work, life etc. whilst getting all kinds of personal abuse for it from supposed fellow R's on social media.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 6:28]
QPR Podcast. on 21:41 - Sep 4 with 1867 viewsLeedsR

I listen to it as often as I can and FWIW, I think it’s brilliant. Sure there’s some of episodes that are better than others, but I think the general standard is a high one, regardless of the fact that these guys are doing it off their own back and at their own cost. It’s done by supporters for supporters and as a result there will always be differences of opinion, but what unites everyone is the love for QPR. Keep it up, Finney, Flo, Clive and Co. It’s much appreciated. You’re my Rangers company in my Yorkshire outpost!
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 0:31]
QPR Podcast. on 23:40 - Sep 4 with 1766 viewssilky

QPR Podcast. on 20:55 - Sep 4 by Ranger_Things

Open all R's is produced by fans out of their spare time for free. Some of you entitled c unts are judging like you're paying £9.99 a month for it. If you don't like Flo, Finney etc then don't fcking listen. Better still, get in touch with Paul and go on the show yourself, I'm sure he will be more than happy to oblige. If by some miracle you don't make a complete tit out of yourself and fancy doing your own podcast, then think about the commitment it takes to do the show every bloody week, booking guests, editing, putting up the show inbetween juggling home, work, life etc. whilst getting all kinds of personal abuse for it from supposed fellow R's on social media.

Podcast is great, that’s not in question. And appreciate the time they give.

All I’m saying is it needs a bit less Finneyisms. It’s far too self indulgent. It’s no surprise he’s the only one we have reservations on.

I don’t want endless minutes on flowers, gluten free beer, finney bingo. It just gets tiring and quite frankly cringeworthy. You can even hear and sense it from the other presenters and it makes for awkward listening.

As for him as a person and his love for QPR, he’s a fantastic human being. Just needs to be able to read a room and pick up on social queues that’s literally it.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

QPR Podcast. on 10:52 - Sep 6 with 1476 viewsPaddyhoops

QPR Podcast. on 23:40 - Sep 4 by silky

Podcast is great, that’s not in question. And appreciate the time they give.

All I’m saying is it needs a bit less Finneyisms. It’s far too self indulgent. It’s no surprise he’s the only one we have reservations on.

I don’t want endless minutes on flowers, gluten free beer, finney bingo. It just gets tiring and quite frankly cringeworthy. You can even hear and sense it from the other presenters and it makes for awkward listening.

As for him as a person and his love for QPR, he’s a fantastic human being. Just needs to be able to read a room and pick up on social queues that’s literally it.

I'm sure Finney is on this platform in some guise or other and I'm sure any criticism he gets on here is quiet mild in comparison to other platforms.
As North said the podcast would be dead without him. Keep up the good work.
QPR Podcast. on 14:04 - Sep 6 with 1400 viewsPinnerPaul

Free country no?

Its criticism.

Refereeing takes a lot of effort, hard work and many couldn't do it, but doesn't mean they/we can't be criticised - that applies to countless things.

Bit of a 'thing' of mine - trying to silence criticism is a dangerous path to tread.
QPR Podcast. on 16:06 - Sep 6 with 1343 viewsRanger_Things

QPR Podcast. on 14:04 - Sep 6 by PinnerPaul

Free country no?

Its criticism.

Refereeing takes a lot of effort, hard work and many couldn't do it, but doesn't mean they/we can't be criticised - that applies to countless things.

Bit of a 'thing' of mine - trying to silence criticism is a dangerous path to tread.

Right, I think I've got it. Criticising is good but others responding to criticism is bad and if anyone says anything you don't like then falsely accuse them of trying to silence you.

Thanks for clearing that up Paul.
QPR Podcast. on 16:15 - Sep 6 with 1336 viewsRangersw12

QPR Podcast. on 16:06 - Sep 6 by Ranger_Things

Right, I think I've got it. Criticising is good but others responding to criticism is bad and if anyone says anything you don't like then falsely accuse them of trying to silence you.

Thanks for clearing that up Paul.

Wind your neck in ffs

You called people "entitled cnts" for daring to critise a podcast and now your whinging because somebody has pulled you up on it
QPR Podcast. on 16:17 - Sep 6 with 1325 viewsRanger_Things

QPR Podcast. on 16:15 - Sep 6 by Rangersw12

Wind your neck in ffs

You called people "entitled cnts" for daring to critise a podcast and now your whinging because somebody has pulled you up on it

If the cap fits...
QPR Podcast. on 16:27 - Sep 6 with 1314 viewsRangersw12

QPR Podcast. on 16:17 - Sep 6 by Ranger_Things

If the cap fits...

Melt....
QPR Podcast. on 16:56 - Sep 6 with 1279 viewsconnell10

I like a Finney , don't know what all the fuss is about. .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

QPR Podcast. on 19:14 - Sep 6 with 1198 viewscharmr

Sorry for interrupting

Carry on
QPR Podcast. on 08:37 - Sep 7 with 1062 viewslondonscottish

This. I can't believe the number of people who've been lining up over the years up to give a ritual kicking to the pod and/or to Finney.

I've met Finney and he's sound. Putting together something like that week in week out is a major ballache and I can't see anyone else volunteering.

I enjoy listening to the various regulars & guests.

But if you don't like it you don't have to listen. It's really that simple.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

QPR Podcast. on 08:45 - Sep 7 with 1053 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR Podcast. on 16:15 - Sep 6 by Rangersw12

Wind your neck in ffs

NM
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 9:00]
QPR Podcast. on 08:49 - Sep 7 with 1037 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR Podcast. on 14:04 - Sep 6 by PinnerPaul

Free country no?

Its criticism.

NM
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 9:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024