Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was there many QPR in home ends? 18:32 - Sep 11 with 7282 viewsloftboy

?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 18:49 - Sep 11 with 5091 viewsGalileo

I was in GU there were a few of us dotted around.
The main bulk appeared to be in the lower part of the stand and made them selves known after the first goal. Some standard gesticulating followed but no bother. Stewards moved them into the Rangers end just before half time.
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 18:51 - Sep 11 with 5071 viewsDorse

Wraithlike. Modern day ninjas. They slipped in unnoticed and had completed their missions before anyone even knew they were there.

Plus, you know, the hoops help them blend in.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 19:07 - Sep 11 with 4938 viewsMick_S

Stand up, if you love Rangers...

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 19:13 - Sep 11 with 4891 viewsdavman

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 19:07 - Sep 11 by Mick_S

Stand up, if you love Rangers...

I love the way that they made themselves know and serves Reading right for limiting the allocation.

The "singing end" is just asking for trouble right next to the Away End - the atmos at our end of the ground was intense, but it must have been dull around the half empty home stands. A crappy policy that might make noise, but is simply an opportunity for the kiddies to do the big "I am" and the "come on" gestures. All unnecessary nonsense.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 21:31]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 20:08 - Sep 11 with 4610 viewsfrancisbowles

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 19:13 - Sep 11 by davman

I love the way that they made themselves know and serves Reading right for limiting the allocation.

The "singing end" is just asking for trouble right next to the Away End - the atmos at our end of the ground was intense, but it must have been dull around the half empty home stands. A crappy policy that might make noise, but is simply an opportunity for the kiddies to do the big "I am" and the "come on" gestures. All unnecessary nonsense.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 21:31]

Agree entirely. Mrs FB was pleased that we were in the centre of our end and not on the edge near their mob.
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 20:24 - Sep 11 with 4504 viewsqpr_1968

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 18:49 - Sep 11 by Galileo

I was in GU there were a few of us dotted around.
The main bulk appeared to be in the lower part of the stand and made them selves known after the first goal. Some standard gesticulating followed but no bother. Stewards moved them into the Rangers end just before half time.

reminded me of watford in 2011, except we were left alone and stayed put.
perhaps this is our season.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 21:13 - Sep 11 with 4237 viewsbillericaydicky

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 20:24 - Sep 11 by qpr_1968

reminded me of watford in 2011, except we were left alone and stayed put.
perhaps this is our season.

Very similar to Watford, but as you say we stayed put until the pitch invasion at the end! I reckon there were probably a couple of hundred in the home ends today.

The Reading 'mob' were just a load of gobby kids who'd had too many e numbers and shandy. It was good to see their faces when our 3rd went in. '3-1 and you fckd it up' - sweet.

Just a shame it's such a pain getting to and from the stadium, queuing for buses, etc. I couldn't do that every other week.
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 21:40 - Sep 11 with 4137 viewsMick_S

Got the bus in, which was fine - saw that queue after the match and decided to walk which took about 45 minutes. We got to the station at the same time as a few mates that waited for the bus. Stuff that for those locals that do that every home game.

Login to get fewer ads

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 21:41 - Sep 11 with 4119 viewsnumptydumpty

Got a Reading mate book tickets Sat next to him and another rangers mate.

We both said never going watch a game in opponent's end again.

Punched mates thigh seventeen times when Stefan tucked away injury time equaliser.

We were rumbled. Smug Reading fan flashed a sickly smile my way when they went three one up.

Returned the compliment ten minutes later.😉
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 21:43]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 06:33 - Sep 12 with 3615 viewscyprusmel

Good luck to Clive on working out the attendance on this match.
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 08:18 - Sep 12 with 3396 viewsDorse

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 06:33 - Sep 12 by cyprusmel

Think of a number. Add 12. Multiply by your height in miles. Divide by the number of letters in your favourite colour. Add 56.3. Subtract the number of visible nose hairs seen on Gardeners World. Get bored. Guess.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 15:03 - Sep 12 with 2990 viewsMick_S

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 08:18 - Sep 12 by Dorse

Think of a number. Add 12. Multiply by your height in miles. Divide by the number of letters in your favourite colour. Add 56.3. Subtract the number of visible nose hairs seen on Gardeners World. Get bored. Guess.

Is it distort r that doesn’t like Monty Don? That’s not going to help.

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 15:03 - Sep 12 with 2989 viewsNorthernr

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 06:33 - Sep 12 by cyprusmel

Not even going to attempt it.
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 15:13 - Sep 12 with 2971 viewsNorthernr

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 21:40 - Sep 11 by Mick_S

Got the bus in, which was fine - saw that queue after the match and decided to walk which took about 45 minutes. We got to the station at the same time as a few mates that waited for the bus. Stuff that for those locals that do that every home game.

I know it's been said before, but the whole 'matchday experience' at Reading must be close to the worst out there.

Ground absolutely fcking miles from anything, with one road in and out. Trying to get a taxi from 2pm onwards, fcking nightmare. Once you're in the taxi, fcking bumper to bumper - took us 50 minutes to get from The Nag's Head to the ground, 3 miles, should have just walked the fcker.

On the way back your choice is a queue nearly as long as the trip back itself for the bus from hell, or set off walking back down that duel carriageway and start dodging the traffic trying to hail a taxi coming the other way, which then has to spend 20 minutes trying to turn around because the traffic light junction is fcked.

Back in town the pub we'd started the day in, The Greyfriar, as we suspected at about 1pm, has completely underestimated staff and beer requirements for a football day and is now "not letting any more people in because we've got a private party". More chance of buying the Irish pub next door than getting served in it. Ended up in a fcking Walkabout which insisted on taking a scan of your driving licence and performing a full pat down so you could sit in an empty bar for 20 minutes.

Throughout the whole day I was just despairing that this could be your home matchday. Imagine it every other week. I wouldn't bother. It would be me done. Which, looking at the state of the stadium, it seems most of the people of Reading agree with me.
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 16:07 - Sep 12 with 2830 viewsdistortR

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 15:03 - Sep 12 by Mick_S

Is it distort r that doesn’t like Monty Don? That’s not going to help.

this used to be a safe haven............
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 16:13 - Sep 12 with 2811 viewsMick_S

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 16:07 - Sep 12 by distortR

this used to be a safe haven............

Needs to be a shaven haven. Monty’s nose - of course.

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 16:25 - Sep 12 with 2760 viewsBoston

Misleading OP really, surely...

Was there many Reading in the home ends?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 16:30 - Sep 12 with 2742 viewsstowmarketrange

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 15:13 - Sep 12 by Northernr

I know it's been said before, but the whole 'matchday experience' at Reading must be close to the worst out there.

Ground absolutely fcking miles from anything, with one road in and out. Trying to get a taxi from 2pm onwards, fcking nightmare. Once you're in the taxi, fcking bumper to bumper - took us 50 minutes to get from The Nag's Head to the ground, 3 miles, should have just walked the fcker.

On the way back your choice is a queue nearly as long as the trip back itself for the bus from hell, or set off walking back down that duel carriageway and start dodging the traffic trying to hail a taxi coming the other way, which then has to spend 20 minutes trying to turn around because the traffic light junction is fcked.

Back in town the pub we'd started the day in, The Greyfriar, as we suspected at about 1pm, has completely underestimated staff and beer requirements for a football day and is now "not letting any more people in because we've got a private party". More chance of buying the Irish pub next door than getting served in it. Ended up in a fcking Walkabout which insisted on taking a scan of your driving licence and performing a full pat down so you could sit in an empty bar for 20 minutes.

Throughout the whole day I was just despairing that this could be your home matchday. Imagine it every other week. I wouldn't bother. It would be me done. Which, looking at the state of the stadium, it seems most of the people of Reading agree with me.

I make you right mate.That’s part of the reason why I didn’t go yesterday.I’ve been there twice and haven’t seen us score a goal yet.And it’s a pain to get to and from.
But give me our outdated crap ground with decent transport links and plenty of places to eat and drink rather than a soulless bowl in the ar@e end of nowhere thats 2/3rds empty every other week because you haven’t got enough fans to fill it up.
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 16:31 - Sep 12 with 2738 viewsdistortR

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 16:13 - Sep 12 by Mick_S

Needs to be a shaven haven. Monty’s nose - of course.

why do you want me to think about things like that? What's wrong with people?

f'ckinmontyfckindon
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 16:41 - Sep 12 with 2700 viewsBoston

I've been told...if you are driving, get off the M4 at the nearest junction to the stadium, but turn into a village called Three Mile Cross. Use a pub there called The Swan, it's much closer than Reading town centre.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 16:52 - Sep 12 with 2654 viewsHarbour

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 15:13 - Sep 12 by Northernr

Let’s hope Lee Hoos was there and took note of the chaos outside the ground and the terrible home attendance when considering location of any new stadium for us….should it ever happen
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 16:55 - Sep 12 with 2644 viewsNorthernr

I do notice on Google maps, they appear to be finally building an adjacent train station. "Reading Green Park".
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 17:00 - Sep 12 with 2616 viewsrsonist

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 16:55 - Sep 12 by Northernr

I do notice on Google maps, they appear to be finally building an adjacent train station. "Reading Green Park".

Cowards can't even commit to Green Park Reading.
Was there many QPR in home ends? on 17:03 - Sep 12 with 2597 viewsfrancisbowles

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 17:00 - Sep 12 by rsonist

Cowards can't even commit to Green Park Reading.

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 17:05 - Sep 12 with 2584 viewsfrancisbowles

Was there many QPR in home ends? on 17:03 - Sep 12 by francisbowles

I had to get across the M4 to head for the M3. It was the 'second reading of the classified football results' before I managed that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024