Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dieng 20:09 - Sep 18 with 4497 viewsMyke

Controls his area very well. But he doesn't err... actually save many shots does he?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 20:13]
Dieng on 20:26 - Sep 18 with 2945 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Well I guess when you control your area well then you don't need to? I don't remember too many saves from Seny today. There was a good punch I remember. I had a great view of their first goal and the blame for that lays elsewhere. I had a good view of what happened in the lead up to Nakhi's goal. It looked like a clinical finish. I haven't watched it back yet. I'd rather stab myself in the eyes right now!
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 20:29]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Dieng on 20:33 - Sep 18 with 2885 viewsParkRoyalR

Needs to make himself bigger + be more aggressive in those situations - Scheimcal like!
Dieng on 20:51 - Sep 18 with 2791 viewsHooping_Mad

I was there, and the second one he normally would have saved but Jordy slipped and lost Wells, so Senny had to come out to narrow the angle but it didn't make any difference in the end he probably did the right thing but if he had been just a step or two back I think he would have saved it.

Jordy slipped, he was solid all game and just slipped at the worst possible moment.

Maybe if we turn off the fecking water canon at half time it may help. For what it's worth I couldn't help notice that they always follow the same pattern meaning today our penalty area gets soaked right before the second 45. Tbf Jordy slipped in the last minutes of normal time so maybe/probably this theory is complete bo**ocks.

The players did dominate today so the effing sprinklers are getting it instead.

Not sure about the Austin for Grey sub, again think grey deserved 10 minutes of Adomah service first.

Oh and can someone (Maybe a Tory superfan MP reading this) please have a word about sorting out the roads, I live 80 miles away and somehow spent nearly 7 hours driving. Took the eldest today and planned to spend some money in the shop before the game, we had a list of what we wanted. I'll try again when Blackburn visit.

One of those days you know.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Dieng on 21:06 - Sep 18 with 2720 viewsTacticalR

It's a weird one. When we were doing a lot more defending last season Dieng was in the thick of things and often MoM. In games like this he's not doing much for long periods and then is left exposed when we're caught on the break.

Air hostess clique

Dieng on 21:15 - Sep 18 with 2674 viewsCiderwithRsie

On the whole I'd rather have a keeper who commands the area than a spectacular shot-stopper - the latter comes up every now and again in a match but if you can't do the former then you're under pressure for long periods as you can't clear your lines.
Dieng on 21:27 - Sep 18 with 2607 viewstraininvain

Harsh. Not much Dieng could do today. Were you the same poster who suggested Dieng might have a poor season a few weeks ago?
Dieng on 22:46 - Sep 18 with 2425 viewsMrSheen

Dieng on 21:27 - Sep 18 by traininvain

Harsh. Not much Dieng could do today. Were you the same poster who suggested Dieng might have a poor season a few weeks ago?

Tough crowd. Martin had the whole goal to aim at at from four yards and Wells drilled into the corner ruthlessly. If only Dykes had been so cold.
Dieng on 22:52 - Sep 18 with 2391 viewsQPsyR

He doesnt save the goals they score.....erm yes FFS
Of course only Gordon Miar Zoff will do

He's class.

FKA AcidPixie

Login to get fewer ads

Dieng on 23:35 - Sep 18 with 2292 viewsNortholt_Rs

Dieng on 22:46 - Sep 18 by MrSheen

Tough crowd. Martin had the whole goal to aim at at from four yards and Wells drilled into the corner ruthlessly. If only Dykes had been so cold.

Agree with this….nothing he could do about either goals. Wells strike was ruthless….if only Dykes had been the same we would have won the game comfortably. Haven’t seen any highlights yet but felt like we should have scored 5, whereas they had two shots and scored both. A game we should’ve won we somehow managed to lose. I felt sick to my stomach coming out of the ground. Thought the crowd was flat too today.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Dieng on 23:46 - Sep 18 with 2261 viewsNorthernr

Which of those two today do you think he should have saved?
Dieng on 23:52 - Sep 18 with 2242 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Dieng on 23:46 - Sep 18 by Northernr

Yeh. We'v'e conceded our usual 2 goals but haven't managed to score our usual 2/3.

Let's blame the goalie.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Dieng on 00:35 - Sep 19 with 2162 viewsbob566

Could have done better with the second one. Looks like he's a foot outside his left post. Still I have no qualms with the lad or the rest of the team. They'll be more baffled than us as to have we've not picked up any points from the last two games. I only ask for 100% and they're giving that.
Dieng on 01:04 - Sep 19 with 2117 viewsMyke

I wasn't just thinking about today. He just seems to get beaten by virtually every shot on target at the mo. I accept that many were unsavable , but I think the point made above, that he was more effective last season when he was busier is valid. We have dominated the last two games and have failed to get anything from either of them because off the quality of the opposition goalkeeper. You could argue that Travers had no right to save Jordy's header the other night -yet he did, and Bournemouth won the game. I would like to see Dieng save an 'unsaveable' shot now and again, it gives a team just as big a boost as scoring a goal.
Dieng on 06:25 - Sep 19 with 1976 viewsbongo_king

I can see both sides of this one. Both BC goals are finishes most Champ keepers wouldn't save and certainly not Dieng's fault (we have a serious issue with marking when countered - 1st goal in particular showed that). But... Dykes 1 on 1 and Well's goal at the end are very similar opportunities. One saved, one scored. Need a different angle of the Dykes chance to be sure but it didn't look that fluffed, more that Bentley closed down the angle better than Dieng did - while appreciating Jordy's slip didn't help Dieng's positioning. Edit - thinking back to recent goals conceeeded, quite a few are 1 on 1's and I can't remember Dieng coming out on top in any 1 on 1s recently, but he does pull out some spectacular reaction saves - maybe there is a slight 1 on 1 weakness.

All that said, Dieng definitely provides a commanding influence in the box and his distribution is the best I can remember in years... he's an important part of the way we play.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 6:38]
Dieng on 07:54 - Sep 19 with 1898 viewsPaddyhoops

Bit harsh Myke. Little or nothing he could have done about those two yesterday.
Close range finish from Martin and a class finish from
Wells!
I'd have him before Joanna any day!!
Dieng on 08:20 - Sep 19 with 1830 viewsgazza1

From where I sit I thought he showed Wells a lot of the goal for the second goal....left a large gap to the keepers right which is where Wells slotted. If he had been further over I still would question if he would save it. Messy first goal, had plenty of players there to, perhaps, do better.
Dieng on 08:33 - Sep 19 with 1800 viewsstevec

Dieng on 08:20 - Sep 19 by gazza1

From where I sit I thought he showed Wells a lot of the goal for the second goal....left a large gap to the keepers right which is where Wells slotted. If he had been further over I still would question if he would save it. Messy first goal, had plenty of players there to, perhaps, do better.

This. He left a huge gap to the side Wells finished, hesitated to come out and make himself big and had the time to do it. Swift last week, less time but strangely hesitant to come out.

Not suggesting he should or could have saved either but it’s paramount you come out fast to narrow the angles.

He’s a fantastic keeper, he did all that stuff right last season, suddenly he’s not and this was also a weakness Lumley developed.

Are they being told to avoid risk of a sending off on the basis it’s better to risk the striker missing, I don’t know, but Dieng, whilst outstanding in other areas of his game, does not seem to be playing like ‘I’m the man’ that he was last season.
Dieng on 09:17 - Sep 19 with 1692 viewsParkRoyalR

I don't think he should have saved either from his positioning at point of the shots, but felt he was too close to his near post for the 2nd as he was for the Anthony goal and arguably not quick enough or aggressive enough of his line as he wasn't for the Swift goal.

Bentley (who is a far lesser keeper imo) gambled and did both in closing down the Austin + Dykes 1on1's, although he is bigger + more imposing and looks to put off the striker whereas Dieng relies on his reflexes and seems to make himself small and the goal larger in these situations.

Still, we're lucky to have him + all keepers have strengths + areas they need to work on.
Dieng on 09:18 - Sep 19 with 1684 viewsbosh67

I don't think he could do much about either goal to be honest. I think we have to say Wells picked his spot and nailed his finish. More than we were able to do. He hasn't saved many shots because the defence is generally better than it was but it has started to make mistakes and errors in front of him.

As I said last season, given the way we play do we really need a goalkeeper? :)

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dieng on 09:38 - Sep 19 with 1631 viewsgazza1

Goalkeepers do not want or like to get beat at their near post....
Dieng on 09:49 - Sep 19 with 1604 viewsDevon_4_England

Dieng on 20:51 - Sep 18 by Hooping_Mad

I was there, and the second one he normally would have saved but Jordy slipped and lost Wells, so Senny had to come out to narrow the angle but it didn't make any difference in the end he probably did the right thing but if he had been just a step or two back I think he would have saved it.

Jordy slipped, he was solid all game and just slipped at the worst possible moment.

Maybe if we turn off the fecking water canon at half time it may help. For what it's worth I couldn't help notice that they always follow the same pattern meaning today our penalty area gets soaked right before the second 45. Tbf Jordy slipped in the last minutes of normal time so maybe/probably this theory is complete bo**ocks.

The players did dominate today so the effing sprinklers are getting it instead.

Not sure about the Austin for Grey sub, again think grey deserved 10 minutes of Adomah service first.

Oh and can someone (Maybe a Tory superfan MP reading this) please have a word about sorting out the roads, I live 80 miles away and somehow spent nearly 7 hours driving. Took the eldest today and planned to spend some money in the shop before the game, we had a list of what we wanted. I'll try again when Blackburn visit.

One of those days you know.

Definitely one of those days, similar ending to Charlton at home a few seasons ago but it happens. Would have taken a point with ten to go as I felt we weren’t fully at it and had loads of chances to get the 2nd. Oh well it’s been a decent start overall.
Dieng on 09:57 - Sep 19 with 1583 viewsmcqpr10

Dieng takes crosses well and commands his box. Last season he had one of the highest save Percentages in the division and was first a few weeks ago too. He's doing great. Another 50 games for us and we will probably be looking to sell him to a prem club. No one is saving wells shot yesterday- brilliant finish.
Dieng on 10:03 - Sep 19 with 1559 viewsted_hendrix

Dieng on 09:38 - Sep 19 by gazza1

Goalkeepers do not want or like to get beat at their near post....

Cant remember the blokes name but the Brazilian GK we had when in the Prem had a weakness on his right hand side near post, It was noticeable how many times he got beat there, not sure If there's an all round perfect GK out there.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Dieng on 10:03 - Sep 19 with 1558 viewsHooping_Mad

Reminded me of Loic Remey's a few years back.

Same goal, Same end too

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Dieng on 10:26 - Sep 19 with 1496 viewsAntti_Heinola

What was extra annoying was that I can remember Nahki, although a great finisher, was not brilliant on those one-on-ones when he had lots of time to think. I can remember at least three times he missed those when clean through.
Thought he was their best player when he came on. the b'stard.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024