Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread 16:01 - Sep 30 with 29708 viewsMyke

Apologies for early thread, but a lot on for the weekend . I think Saturday will be a case of just checking my phone for updates. Anyway, I'm going for us to make it six points out of six, with a narrow, hard-fought 2-1 victory. Willock and Chaz.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 22:47 - Oct 2 with 1430 viewsB_Wad

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 20:03 - Oct 2 by Lanhoop

Well done lads and thank fjck we only have to watch Preston twice a year.

They are still alive in the EFL Cup. Just saying.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 00:02 - Oct 3 with 1295 viewsNortholt_Rs

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:12 - Oct 2 by saxbend

Despite the scoreline I thought that was one of the poorest games of football I've been to in ages. Dreadful shíthousery from Preston, really poor refereeing, and loads or mistakes made by us too. But it was a real scrappy authentic championship affair, and we dug out the win. Pleasing albeit not all that entertaining. Well done Rs!

Not entertaining? Place was bouncing at the end…. I loved it.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 10:04 - Oct 3 with 1090 viewsSK_hoops

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 21:49 - Oct 2 by joe90

How good was that?

At 1-2 I had a feeling we’d get back in the game. Despite our two costly blips we were still by far the better team. I would have been so disappointed to lose to that awful Preston side.

Warbs was right in the post match interview, our fitness is looking really good. It really showed towards the end, completely in control and it was the same against Birmingham. They just seem to have that extra 10% in the tank.

On a separate note, I sat in a different area today and the fella behind was non stop moaning. I thought his head was going to explode ever time we misplaced a pass! Unbelievable! I can’t even begin to imagine what he would have been like the past few seasons.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 11:21]

Same. Guy behind me moaning that Dieng was a terrible goalkeeper a d that Dykes had done literally nothing. Fool.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 11:13 - Oct 3 with 1000 viewsdavman

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 00:02 - Oct 3 by Northolt_Rs

Too right.

My son started coming in the Play-Off season and up until the return from lockdown, he's had nothing to compare to the atmos in the late 80s and 90s, when I was his age. He's getting it now; win or lose, something is building this season. I am really enjoying watching all of our games as is he and as are most of us.

The worst thing that can happen this season is that we stay comfortably in this league - not really the end of the world, is it? And we can have some fun along the way...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 12:19 - Oct 3 with 953 viewsLanhoop

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 22:47 - Oct 2 by B_Wad

They are still alive in the EFL Cup. Just saying.

You never know, Liverpool might manage to beat them and save us all.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 12:25 - Oct 3 with 941 viewsParkRoyalR

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 11:13 - Oct 3 by davman

Too right.

My son started coming in the Play-Off season and up until the return from lockdown, he's had nothing to compare to the atmos in the late 80s and 90s, when I was his age. He's getting it now; win or lose, something is building this season. I am really enjoying watching all of our games as is he and as are most of us.

The worst thing that can happen this season is that we stay comfortably in this league - not really the end of the world, is it? And we can have some fun along the way...

Special mention to Q P and R Blocks yesterday,

From my seat opposite they kept up their superb vocal support just after we went behind (I was too gutted), just like the players they never gave up, well done to them as I'm sure it helped lift the players during that crucial period in the game.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 14:17 - Oct 3 with 846 viewsBoston

I replayed the Dykes disallowed effort half a dozen times now, god he was unlucky to have that called against him.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 14:36 - Oct 3 with 816 viewslondonscottish

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 00:02 - Oct 3 by Northolt_Rs

I was jumping up and down hugging a random stranger for the 3rd goal.

An amazing piece of football theatre. Take the lead, get pegged back, go behind, level and win.

Get. In.

UUUUUUURRRRRRRsssss!!!!!!! :-)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 15:18 - Oct 4 with 600 viewsPinnerPaul

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 11:24 - Oct 2 by PinnerPaul

Clive admitted he hadn't seen much of PNE, are they STILL as bad with the old 'game management' as they were before I wonder?

Hopefully, a nice early goal from us and we don't get to find out!

What idiot wrote THAT?!
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 15:29 - Oct 4 with 590 viewsPinnerPaul

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:12 - Oct 2 by saxbend

Despite the scoreline I thought that was one of the poorest games of football I've been to in ages. Dreadful shíthousery from Preston, really poor refereeing, and loads or mistakes made by us too. But it was a real scrappy authentic championship affair, and we dug out the win. Pleasing albeit not all that entertaining. Well done Rs!

Blimey, even Mr W thought it a good game for the neutral.

Both managers won't have been happy that each time either side went forward it looked like they might score, not maybe the highest standard defending, but it WAS entertaining.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 15:36 - Oct 4 with 586 viewsPinnerPaul

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:54 - Oct 2 by superhoopdownunder

Johansen does not look as good this season

Amazing.

He was average Saturday - some good, some not so good - apart from that he has been outstanding and I suspect he wasn't 100% fit either!
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 15:37]
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 15:39 - Oct 4 with 582 viewsPinnerPaul

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 19:47 - Oct 2 by VancouverHoop

Johansen currently has to cover an awful lot of space by himself. Amos and Field should help with that after the break.

Field not back until Dec I don't think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024