Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread 16:01 - Sep 30 with 29816 viewsMyke

Apologies for early thread, but a lot on for the weekend . I think Saturday will be a case of just checking my phone for updates. Anyway, I'm going for us to make it six points out of six, with a narrow, hard-fought 2-1 victory. Willock and Chaz.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:54 - Oct 2 with 1904 viewssuperhoopdownunder

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:52 - Oct 2 by BazzeR

Scruffy 3 points but very concerned about the form of Johansen,opponents go past him at will as his mobility looks so poor.

Johansen does not look as good this season
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:57 - Oct 2 with 1872 viewsplasmahoop

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:52 - Oct 2 by BazzeR

Scruffy 3 points but very concerned about the form of Johansen,opponents go past him at will as his mobility looks so poor.

Really? He was running around all over the place as far as I could see
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 18:03 - Oct 2 with 1817 viewsStanisgod

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:57 - Oct 2 by plasmahoop

Really? He was running around all over the place as far as I could see

I can run around all over the place 😉

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 18:14 - Oct 2 with 1734 viewsNoelmc

Fantastic team spirit. Another 3 points gained from a losing position. Well worth getting soaked for.

Also, for the first time in two seasons I’ve managed to predict the correct result in the prediction league. Happy days!

Off home now to dry off
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 18:21 - Oct 2 with 1677 viewsrsonist

We have always put far too much on Johansen's shoulders to knit the side together. He's still doing more than alright, and if he hasn't hit the same consistent heights as before it's not like it's a big mystery why with pre season and knocks etc.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 18:26 - Oct 2 with 1623 viewsstainrods_elbow

I agree about both Moses and Johansen, who I thought was poor today for the most part. For a club captain and international midfielder, he just doesn't cut it too much of the time - slow, uncreative, and doesn't seem to have a higher gear any more. Though perhaps others will see it/him/them differently.

Today was a triumph of tenacity over technique - we absolutely spunked spirit, outshat the shithousers, and played the finnicky and feel-good bits of football we could - Dickie was the cavalry leader, Chair the cheerleader in chief, and Lyndon the dyke's vagina.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 18:28 - Oct 2 with 1627 viewsAntti_Heinola

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:12 - Oct 2 by saxbend

Despite the scoreline I thought that was one of the poorest games of football I've been to in ages. Dreadful shíthousery from Preston, really poor refereeing, and loads or mistakes made by us too. But it was a real scrappy authentic championship affair, and we dug out the win. Pleasing albeit not all that entertaining. Well done Rs!

3-2s are never poor. It’s semantics, but that was a fantastic game, even if it was full of mistakes and sh!thousery. Was entertained throughout, went through the wringer. Really don’t care if it wasn’t ‘beautiful football’ all game

Bare bones.

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 18:30 - Oct 2 with 1618 viewsDieByYourSide

“Wasting time, wasting time Preston North End. Playing football the Preston way”

Hope you enjoyed the day out boys.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Login to get fewer ads

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 18:32 - Oct 2 with 1612 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I don't always stay up for the overnight games (as sometimes really crap times in Australia)
However the government have allowed me one game this month (joke) and I am delighted to have watched the lads win and have had at least 9 Peroni celebrating this significant victory. Thanks and Good Night (or should I say Good Morning as 5am here)
The R's are going up
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 18:32 - Oct 2 with 1609 viewsMick_S

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 18:28 - Oct 2 by Antti_Heinola

3-2s are never poor. It’s semantics, but that was a fantastic game, even if it was full of mistakes and sh!thousery. Was entertained throughout, went through the wringer. Really don’t care if it wasn’t ‘beautiful football’ all game

Agree mate. Cut the obvious defensive mistakes out and someone will get a hiding this season. If we do, and with the return of the injured lads, we will be just fine.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 18:33 - Oct 2 with 1604 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thought he had a good game tbh

Bare bones.

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 18:50 - Oct 2 with 1525 viewsBoston

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:25 - Oct 2 by superhoopdownunder

I have never experienced what Discodroid has in his colourful life but I fancy some of it tonight

Your body will produce it naturally with performances like that.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 18:52 - Oct 2 with 1525 viewsqprphil

Bloody fantastic.............................
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 18:53 - Oct 2 with 1515 viewsWirralHoop

Sat on the train grinning, thinking I cannot wait to read someone's match report
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 19:27 - Oct 2 with 1376 viewsRangersw12

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 18:26 - Oct 2 by stainrods_elbow

I agree about both Moses and Johansen, who I thought was poor today for the most part. For a club captain and international midfielder, he just doesn't cut it too much of the time - slow, uncreative, and doesn't seem to have a higher gear any more. Though perhaps others will see it/him/them differently.

Today was a triumph of tenacity over technique - we absolutely spunked spirit, outshat the shithousers, and played the finnicky and feel-good bits of football we could - Dickie was the cavalry leader, Chair the cheerleader in chief, and Lyndon the dyke's vagina.

Wasn't up to usual standards but he's far better watching him live than on a stream you notice alot more

Best mid we've had since Wilkins IMO
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 19:30 - Oct 2 with 1363 viewssuperhoopdownunder

What was the attendance?
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 19:47 - Oct 2 with 1306 viewsVancouverHoop

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 18:21 - Oct 2 by rsonist

We have always put far too much on Johansen's shoulders to knit the side together. He's still doing more than alright, and if he hasn't hit the same consistent heights as before it's not like it's a big mystery why with pre season and knocks etc.

Johansen currently has to cover an awful lot of space by himself. Amos and Field should help with that after the break.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 19:59 - Oct 2 with 1273 viewsWatfordR

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 19:47 - Oct 2 by VancouverHoop

Johansen currently has to cover an awful lot of space by himself. Amos and Field should help with that after the break.

I've got to say, we're top six without EVER hitting the levels we know we are capable of. We ain't far off top two. IMO.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 20:03 - Oct 2 with 1255 viewsLanhoop

Well done lads and thank fjck we only have to watch Preston twice a year.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 20:13 - Oct 2 with 1217 viewsRangersw12

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 19:30 - Oct 2 by superhoopdownunder

What was the attendance?

1k from Preston
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 20:15 - Oct 2 with 1210 viewsfraserc

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 19:30 - Oct 2 by superhoopdownunder

What was the attendance?

It was announced as 13624
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 20:23 - Oct 2 with 1179 viewssexton

RE criticisms of Johansen and the ref.

I thought Johansen started slowly for us after he joined on loan in January and it took him a while before he really got going. Why? Because he wasn't fit and I'm not convinced he's fit now.

At least the ref didn't give a foul against Dykes for a third. Most refs would have seen the defender go down and automatically blown for it.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 20:30 - Oct 2 with 1151 viewsrsonist

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 19:47 - Oct 2 by VancouverHoop

Yep. We have to appreciate Johansen is part pillar part foundation. What we build around and eventually on top of him will be down to him as much as anything he does individually (and I repeat he's still not half bad now, just not the two/three players in one we're demanding him to be every week).
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 21:49 - Oct 2 with 1030 viewsjoe90

How good was that?

At 1-2 I had a feeling we’d get back in the game. Despite our two costly blips we were still by far the better team. I would have been so disappointed to lose to that awful Preston side.

Warbs was right in the post match interview, our fitness is looking really good. It really showed towards the end, completely in control and it was the same against Birmingham. They just seem to have that extra 10% in the tank.

On a separate note, I sat in a different area today and the fella behind was non stop moaning. I thought his head was going to explode ever time we misplaced a pass! Unbelievable! I can’t even begin to imagine what he would have been like the past few seasons.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 11:21]
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 22:40 - Oct 2 with 926 viewsDorse

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 21:49 - Oct 2 by joe90

How good was that?

At 1-2 I had a feeling we’d get back in the game. Despite our two costly blips we were still by far the better team. I would have been so disappointed to lose to that awful Preston side.

Warbs was right in the post match interview, our fitness is looking really good. It really showed towards the end, completely in control and it was the same against Birmingham. They just seem to have that extra 10% in the tank.

On a separate note, I sat in a different area today and the fella behind was non stop moaning. I thought his head was going to explode ever time we misplaced a pass! Unbelievable! I can’t even begin to imagine what he would have been like the past few seasons.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 11:21]

He's only just returned after recovering from the coma he went into having witnessed Armand Traore's Christmas jumper.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024