Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread 16:01 - Sep 30 with 29825 viewsMyke

Apologies for early thread, but a lot on for the weekend . I think Saturday will be a case of just checking my phone for updates. Anyway, I'm going for us to make it six points out of six, with a narrow, hard-fought 2-1 victory. Willock and Chaz.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:06 - Oct 2 with 2167 viewsBoston

I think it’s because when we blow hot, we blow very hot, that makes it so difficult to accept the times we blow cold. Anyway, must admit to a tear welling in my eye when the third went in. Onwards.

Oh yeah, if you’re old enough to remember Leeds Utd in the 70’s, the horror of Preston’s game plan will be all too familiar.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:11 - Oct 2 with 2064 viewsstevec

Walking about with a stupid smile on my face.

This is the craziest football I’ve ever seen.

COME ON U RRR’s !!
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:11 - Oct 2 with 2065 viewsloftus77

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:01 - Oct 2 by superhoopdownunder

Join in

Great post, great idea for this thread.

As 1-1 became 1-2 it was 'here we go again - soooo predictable.' I forgot that '3-2' is woven into Mr Warburton's DNA...

Fine result lads - 'back on the horse' - and a happy international break.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 17:12]
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:12 - Oct 2 with 2017 viewssaxbend

Despite the scoreline I thought that was one of the poorest games of football I've been to in ages. Dreadful shíthousery from Preston, really poor refereeing, and loads or mistakes made by us too. But it was a real scrappy authentic championship affair, and we dug out the win. Pleasing albeit not all that entertaining. Well done Rs!
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:13 - Oct 2 with 1996 viewssaxbend

[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 17:14]
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:15 - Oct 2 with 1953 viewssuperhoopdownunder

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:03 - Oct 2 by R_from_afar

The tenacity and determination of this team 👏

COYRSSSSS

Never give up.
I love them
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:17 - Oct 2 with 1879 viewsrsonist

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:12 - Oct 2 by saxbend

Despite the scoreline I thought that was one of the poorest games of football I've been to in ages. Dreadful shíthousery from Preston, really poor refereeing, and loads or mistakes made by us too. But it was a real scrappy authentic championship affair, and we dug out the win. Pleasing albeit not all that entertaining. Well done Rs!

Glorious innit
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:24 - Oct 2 with 1748 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
Can someone scrape me off the ceiling - AGAIN?
For pure excitement QPR are streets ahead of everyone else.
But what character.
To bounce back from 2-1 down - after giving away another two goals - was quite sensational.
They do it so often.
They rip our emotions to shreds.
Down one minute - then up again - heart-pounding - counting down the minutes when we are ahead.
QPR's football when attacking is spell-binding.
They're the second best goal scorers in the Championship - 22 - just one behind Fulham.
But it's our defence which is a big worry.
It's one of the worst in the division - 16 conceded - with only three other clubs worse.
It's odd because we have Championship quality in that department - Dickie, de Wijs, Dunne and of course Barbet.
What can be done to stop the leaking of silly goals?
Someone tell me.
It slightly reminds me of Kevin Keegan and his Newcastle team.
"If we can score more goals than them does it matter" - or words to that effect.
For us to finish in the top 6 - and we are up two to 6th - then a tighter defence is needed.
But will it be at the sake of lowering our thrilling attack?
Let's face it Willock and Chair are our best players - in fact really outstanding.
Both have climbed another level this season.
And if we can get Wallace back - he combines so well with them on the left hand side - as does McCallum - then more goals will be coming along at high speed.
However on this day of all days - let's praise our players 18 points from 11 games is good.
Last year we had 13 from 11 although the second half of October along with November and December were horrendous.
I just think that we still haven't hit our best form yet.
But 'character' means a lot. And we certainly have that.
Well done the team, Warbs and all the staff.
It's Fulham at Craven Cottage in the early kick-off in two weeks time.
That will tell us a lot.
Login to get fewer ads

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:25 - Oct 2 with 1745 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I have never experienced what Discodroid has in his colourful life but I fancy some of it tonight
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:26 - Oct 2 with 1723 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Great post - our weak link is Moses at right back - can't defend - but good going forward
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:28 - Oct 2 with 1710 viewssuperhoopdownunder

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:24 - Oct 2 by Greenbay

FT REPORT
Can someone scrape me off the ceiling - AGAIN?
For pure excitement QPR are streets ahead of everyone else.
But what character.
To bounce back from 2-1 down - after giving away another two goals - was quite sensational.
They do it so often.
They rip our emotions to shreds.
Down one minute - then up again - heart-pounding - counting down the minutes when we are ahead.
QPR's football when attacking is spell-binding.
They're the second best goal scorers in the Championship - 22 - just one behind Fulham.
But it's our defence which is a big worry.
It's one of the worst in the division - 16 conceded - with only three other clubs worse.
It's odd because we have Championship quality in that department - Dickie, de Wijs, Dunne and of course Barbet.
What can be done to stop the leaking of silly goals?
Someone tell me.
It slightly reminds me of Kevin Keegan and his Newcastle team.
"If we can score more goals than them does it matter" - or words to that effect.
For us to finish in the top 6 - and we are up two to 6th - then a tighter defence is needed.
But will it be at the sake of lowering our thrilling attack?
Let's face it Willock and Chair are our best players - in fact really outstanding.
Both have climbed another level this season.
And if we can get Wallace back - he combines so well with them on the left hand side - as does McCallum - then more goals will be coming along at high speed.
However on this day of all days - let's praise our players 18 points from 11 games is good.
Last year we had 13 from 11 although the second half of October along with November and December were horrendous.
I just think that we still haven't hit our best form yet.
But 'character' means a lot. And we certainly have that.
Well done the team, Warbs and all the staff.
It's Fulham at Craven Cottage in the early kick-off in two weeks time.
That will tell us a lot.

Apologies - Meant to reply to this message

Great post - our weak link is Moses at right back - can't defend - but good going forward
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:28 - Oct 2 with 1708 viewsManinBlack

I still think the rancid wind and rain stops our flow making it more of a slog. This game shows we can't hammer anyone. If we get five we will probably ship three.

Nevertheless, happy with a comeback win and six points from two games played in monsoon weather.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:28 - Oct 2 with 1705 viewsrsonist

Having Amos coming on and running his socks off has been massive this week. Delighted for him, excited for us.

I know he's a bit of a bombscare taking care of the football but we might have used Duke-McKenna for some of that on certain occasions in retrospect.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:32 - Oct 2 with 1616 viewsdistortR

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:28 - Oct 2 by rsonist

Having Amos coming on and running his socks off has been massive this week. Delighted for him, excited for us.

I know he's a bit of a bombscare taking care of the football but we might have used Duke-McKenna for some of that on certain occasions in retrospect.

yeah, i was a bit surprised when he didn't feature against high-octane wba, after his mid-week cameo. He must have been walking on the moon.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:37 - Oct 2 with 1562 viewsSimplyNico

It's going to be interesting to see what happens after the international break when we get some of the injury absentees back. The midfield will be stronger with Field and the left side will be stronger with Wallace. The concern is Moses.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:42 - Oct 2 with 1513 viewsVancouverHoop

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:37 - Oct 2 by SimplyNico

It's going to be interesting to see what happens after the international break when we get some of the injury absentees back. The midfield will be stronger with Field and the left side will be stronger with Wallace. The concern is Moses.

I tend to believe Kakay is the better option. He's weaker going forward than Moses, but holds his position better defensively, and is more teachable I think.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:45 - Oct 2 with 1467 viewsderbyhoop

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:12 - Oct 2 by saxbend

Typical Championship fare.

2 sides capable of being very good and bloody awful in the same game.
As Clive's preview stated, far too much shithouserh and time wasting.

The ref was very weak. He could have got the yellow card out for time wasting after 50 minutes. Browne got away with murder and Maguire's injuries were pathetic. But then when we went 3-2 up we were no Angels.

Just need Austin's knowledge, experience and patter. Instead of a team that wouldn't say boo to a goose.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:46 - Oct 2 with 1460 viewsrsonist

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:37 - Oct 2 by SimplyNico

I wouldn't be laying concern about Moses squarely at his door to be honest. "Good in attack iffy in defence" is what it has always said on the tin. It's up to us to cover what goes on behind him and fix him going forward. Too many games of him cutting inside now to suggest he's disobeying orders so what is he being told? Today's oppo were there to be got at too.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:46 - Oct 2 with 1454 viewsWatfordR

Look, here's the thing. We play the way we play. Teams will always get opportunities to attack us down the flanks and we have to be prepared to defend against that.

For Moses now, I'm seeing plenty of similarities to Barbet when he first joined, and he's bang on now. He'll be coached to do what is needed and he'll no doubt get better at doing that over time.

If he's still a concern come January, and we're still in with a shot of going up, then it might be addressed.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:46 - Oct 2 with 1454 viewsplasmahoop

Well that was chuffing brilliant in the end. We played well, went 1 nil up, then went all shaky after they equalised. At 2 1 down with ridiculous levels of shithousery, I thought we were knackered. Then the disallowed goal and I thought we definitely might as well go to the pub. But we kept going and got there in the end. A very satisfying win against a right sod of a team. Apologies to those people sitting near me today as I did lose it repeatedly in the second half
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:47 - Oct 2 with 1444 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Problem is Mark Warburton likes him - he has already started to play Andre Gray ahead of Charlie.
Charlie is a better option most of the time than Andre.
Moses very poor defender - ok going forward but always cuts inside - he is our weakest link.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:49 - Oct 2 with 1427 viewsplasmahoop

The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:26 - Oct 2 by superhoopdownunder

I'm not totally sure about this. I agree we are weak defensively down the right, but he often gets isolated and when a break is on he doesn't get the cover so he tends to hang back when someone needs to close the player down
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:50 - Oct 2 with 1418 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Kyle Walker and Brad Orr were much better options back in 2010-11
We need another option as Moses is costing us a lot of goals
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:52 - Oct 2 with 1405 viewsBazzeR

Scruffy 3 points but very concerned about the form of Johansen,opponents go past him at will as his mobility looks so poor.
The 'Two days early, very busy weekend', Preston match thread on 17:53 - Oct 2 with 1396 viewssuperhoopdownunder

You may be correct - I have had a long night and will be off to bed shortly (4am here)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024