Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most Important/Influential Player 14:00 - Oct 3 with 2987 viewsDylanP

So, who is the most influential player on the team. There is a case to be made for a number of players:

Dieng: He has been brilliant this year. His presence in the box is immense, he saves us once a game, his distribution is great. Yes, he made one bad mistake, proving he is human, but he may be the best goalie so nice ... well we've had a few good ones but certainly for a while. When he hurt his shoulder I definitely had a pit in my stomach of, without him we're fckd.

Chair: Brilliant play recently. Really playing to his potential and dominating games. Scare defenders shttless with his runs, creates chances all over the pitch, free kicks, corners. Scores great goals. Just a joy to watch.

JoJo: He definitely ties everything together. He was a little off the ball yesterday and he still made some gorgeous passes. Among all the defensive and linking-up play he contributes, he also just somehow has a way of seeing the play from a slightly different direction and making something out of nothing.

Dickie: Massive presence in our box. He always seems to be in the right place to head out the incoming ball or block the pass/shot. He has put in some miracle tackles already this season. Plus the way he strides forward with the ball ... just brilliant. Oh yeah, and he is still our leading goal scorer!!

There are a couple of other players who someone could make the case for too. So who do you think is our most influential player this season (so far)?

With an international break coming, we need something fun to think about, innit.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Most Important/Influential Player on 17:34 - Oct 3 with 2862 viewsmcqpr10

Willock or chair. Them two are the heartbeat of our team and most important players. Most of our best play is dictated by them two
Most Important/Influential Player on 17:40 - Oct 3 with 2846 viewsBoston

He 'stands' alone.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Most Important/Influential Player on 17:42 - Oct 3 with 2837 viewsenfieldargh

What is pleasing is that we are still a good attacking threat without JoJo who I really felt was the lynch pin.

Not saying he isnt important but we are still effective without him.

Great Keeper who is now learning and gaining experience big time.

Strong Central defenders

Chair & Willock who can cause mayhem when they are on song.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Most Important/Influential Player on 17:55 - Oct 3 with 2798 viewsSK_hoops

When Stef is fully fit he will be up there.
Most Important/Influential Player on 18:52 - Oct 3 with 2659 viewsgazza1

If we had a player that scored 30 goals a season then that person would be the most important - we have not.

There are arguments for at least 5 or six of them.....we are a team that is united and I like it that way as well.
Most Important/Influential Player on 19:00 - Oct 3 with 2635 viewsDorse

Ball. The team is less hilarious without him.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Most Important/Influential Player on 19:40 - Oct 3 with 2553 viewsT_Block

Its a team game so the most important is Warburton.

The premise of the question is wrong
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 20:12]
Most Important/Influential Player on 19:58 - Oct 3 with 2512 viewsBoston

Most Important/Influential Player on 19:40 - Oct 3 by T_Block

Its a team game so the most important is Warburton.

The premise of the question is wrong
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 20:12]

So it's not the comfy Chair?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Most Important/Influential Player on 00:48 - Oct 4 with 2173 viewsLythamR

I think Dickie has a very serious claim, not just for the early season goals but when he steps up and carries the ball into midfield he energises the team and give the opposition problems, the disallowed Dykes goal on saturday is good example of this.

I think we sometimes fall into a groove in possession that is relatively easy to defend against when Chair and Willock have the ball because there is a tendancy (not always but often) to slow the game down with extra passes/touches that gives the defence time to organise. Dickie ranging forward with the ball throws a real spanner in the defensive works, Teams will work this out more as the season advances but at least so far it has been very impactful.
Most Important/Influential Player on 07:08 - Oct 4 with 2045 viewsdmm

I've been wondering which player is our most saleable asset - not that I want any of our present squad sold. It must be between Chair, Willock and Dickie with Dickie maybe just shading it as the best ball playing CB in the league?
Most Important/Influential Player on 08:37 - Oct 4 with 1953 viewsHAYESBOY

IMO it would be equally Willock and Chair.
Everything good going forward starts with them.
If you took them out as a pair, we would loose the majority of out attacking play.
On the other hand if Dickie was taken out of the team we would be ok with Dunne in there, not as good, but would affect the team less.

But as has been said, its a complete team game.

Just checking and we will lose Chair to the African Nation cup in Jan 2022. First game Jan 10th.
Maybe when everyone is fit, Johansen could be pushed up and either Ball, Field or Amos can be played in a two midfield?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 9:53]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Most Important/Influential Player on 09:33 - Oct 4 with 1876 viewsBklynRanger

As far as regular positive impact on the way we play goes I'd go for Chair yeah.

But overall, I'd say Willock - both in terms of his play and the direction we're looking to go as a club in finding, polishing and selling on players.

Not that Ilias doesn't fit that too, but I just see a slightly higher ceiling in Willock, could (obviously) be wrong.
Most Important/Influential Player on 09:56 - Oct 4 with 1834 viewsswisscottage

What Ilias has shown in the last two matches is that initial acceleration over 10 to 20 yards that Eze had.

I hadn't seen much of that from him prior to Brum, but it was eye catching for our second against them, and our third on Saturday. He really took his game to another level in the last two since WBA, and if he keeps playing at that level, then he'll be off for 15mil next summer if we don't go up.

For me he is central to our transitions and rate him more important than Willock at the moment purely because of that. I put Willock about 6 months behind Ilias in that department.

Its just amazing having two such players in the team, and kudos to Warburton for finding a system that allows it.

I'm also excited about Duke-McKenna waiting in the wings for when one of those two are sold.
Most Important/Influential Player on 10:09 - Oct 4 with 1811 viewsdmm

Most Important/Influential Player on 08:37 - Oct 4 by HAYESBOY

IMO it would be equally Willock and Chair.
Everything good going forward starts with them.
If you took them out as a pair, we would loose the majority of out attacking play.
On the other hand if Dickie was taken out of the team we would be ok with Dunne in there, not as good, but would affect the team less.

But as has been said, its a complete team game.

Just checking and we will lose Chair to the African Nation cup in Jan 2022. First game Jan 10th.
Maybe when everyone is fit, Johansen could be pushed up and either Ball, Field or Amos can be played in a two midfield?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 9:53]

Not only Chair but also Dieng and Kakay will be playing in the Afcon in the new year. Up to 7 games depending on how far their teams progress.

Might Thomas get to a run of games in Chair's vacant position? Maybe Amos. Maybe more of two up front and one behind? We'll see.
Most Important/Influential Player on 11:04 - Oct 4 with 1728 viewsQPROslo

Most Important/Influential Player on 10:09 - Oct 4 by dmm

Not only Chair but also Dieng and Kakay will be playing in the Afcon in the new year. Up to 7 games depending on how far their teams progress.

Might Thomas get to a run of games in Chair's vacant position? Maybe Amos. Maybe more of two up front and one behind? We'll see.

Barbet for me. Ever present. Consistent. Saves numerous goaĺs with tackles and blocks that look impossible beforehand. Has a great left peg and can play LB, LWB, and probably anywhere left or centre in addition to CB. Seems underrated and arguably should be Captain.
Most Important/Influential Player on 11:14 - Oct 4 with 1715 viewsLazyFan

I was with Willock, however, in the last few games, Chair has taken it up a level.

The difference I have noticed is that Chair now releases the ball quicker now, giving the oppos defence less time to get back or set themselves up. His crossing has improved and more goals have directly resulted from it. He's all over the pitch rather than only on the left and his shooting has improved as well.

If he keeps on like this, we won't be able to keep as he's doing an Eze. Takes a year to settle into the first team and then the year after takes it up a level to then start carrying the whole team forwards attacking wise.

Someone like Newcastle will buy him, that will be £20m thanks.

zzzzzzzzzz

Most Important/Influential Player on 11:59 - Oct 4 with 1654 viewskensalriser

On a really niggly pedantic point, it's 'in the team' in British English; an influential player on the team implies a player not in the team.

Pedantry aside, it's Chair for me, although we have shown we can be just as good with him off the pitch, eg Coventry game.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024