Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park 06:12 - Oct 24 with 8715 viewsbollockchops

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59025887

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/23/callum-wilson-is-the-best-natur

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10123731/Crystal-Palace-fan-g
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 07:58 - Oct 24 with 4719 viewsKonk

Shouldn’t take the Met too long to sort this one out, given that everything on the banner appears to be true, and it’s clearly aimed at the Saudi rulers rather than Arabs in general.

I generally find the Palace ultras to be a bit dopey, but fair play on this occasion.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 08:55 - Oct 24 with 4589 viewsdistortR

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 07:58 - Oct 24 by Konk

Shouldn’t take the Met too long to sort this one out, given that everything on the banner appears to be true, and it’s clearly aimed at the Saudi rulers rather than Arabs in general.

I generally find the Palace ultras to be a bit dopey, but fair play on this occasion.

it's the zeitgeist, someone confronted with something they don't like runs to someone in authority to try and get it banned.
Infantile.
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 08:56 - Oct 24 with 4576 viewsNortholt_Rs

Fair play to the palace ultras. Maybe the obvious attempt to sports wash a vile regime will in fact serve to highlight their atrocities, human rights violations, etc. on a global stage. Quite how the PL can say these new owners meet their fit and proper test is completely ridiculous, unless fit and proper = stinking filthy rich, of course! Our owners may not have been perfect but at least they haven’t ordered the barbaric butchering of a journalist who had the audacity to criticise a horrific regime. Nor have they put some poor lad in jail for 3 years and given him 80 lashes because he is gay. Savages.

The Met police needs to be very careful about how they handle this - the eyes of the world are watching them too.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 8:58]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 08:58 - Oct 24 with 4566 viewsFredManRave

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 08:55 - Oct 24 by distortR

it's the zeitgeist, someone confronted with something they don't like runs to someone in authority to try and get it banned.
Infantile.

This post has got "Abuse Reported" written all over it.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:05 - Oct 24 with 4525 viewsWatford_Ranger

This feels like the natural consequence of so many occasions that folk wrongly claim their freedom of speech is being opposed.
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:13 - Oct 24 with 4488 viewsdistortR

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 08:58 - Oct 24 by FredManRave

This post has got "Abuse Reported" written all over it.

ah, but so has your post now.
In fact, I was going to report you myself, but I thought I'd let Northern have a bit of a lie-in.
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:14 - Oct 24 with 4475 viewsstevec

Well done Palace fans.

If there are any coppers with time on their hands to look into this perhaps they could divert that time into hunting down the scum nicking cars waving crow bars about in the surrounding areas of that part of the world.

I think we can guess the answer to that.
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:20 - Oct 24 with 4453 viewsdistortR

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:05 - Oct 24 by Watford_Ranger

This feels like the natural consequence of so many occasions that folk wrongly claim their freedom of speech is being opposed.

edit - Northern, I decided to save your sunday!
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 9:21]
Login to get fewer ads

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:24 - Oct 24 with 4426 viewsChurchie

The Palace supporters should start a pass on the banner to each club to face Newcastle week by week.
Well done Palace.
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:27 - Oct 24 with 4414 viewsessextaxiboy

That banner should be passed to the next opponents and waved in every ground . Credit to Palace fans for actually doing something to shine a light and grab some headlines.
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:28 - Oct 24 with 4406 viewsdistortR

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:27 - Oct 24 by essextaxiboy

That banner should be passed to the next opponents and waved in every ground . Credit to Palace fans for actually doing something to shine a light and grab some headlines.

churchie passed their post on to essex!
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:46 - Oct 24 with 4339 viewsessextaxiboy

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:28 - Oct 24 by distortR

churchie passed their post on to essex!

Honestly didnt see that ,
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:51 - Oct 24 with 4314 viewsted_hendrix

Don't/haven't' watched MOTD for years, was this banner seen on the programme last night or even discussed?
I would hope so-get those 'awkward' moments out in the open and discussed on main stream television, maybe I should have watched the programme meself, but my total lack of interest in the Premiership and It's money infested importance has still got the better of me.
As others have said well done to the Palace fans.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:52 - Oct 24 with 4304 viewsKonk

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:14 - Oct 24 by stevec

Well done Palace fans.

If there are any coppers with time on their hands to look into this perhaps they could divert that time into hunting down the scum nicking cars waving crow bars about in the surrounding areas of that part of the world.

I think we can guess the answer to that.

I doubt the Met are dedicating too many resources to the complaint tbf, but I suppose you have to go through the process once someone’s lodged a complaint.

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:54 - Oct 24 with 4296 viewsthemodfather

the question asked could be, how did they get that in the ground? the comments are based on known fact, is it a crime to report on that? with the Qatar world cup approaching, i suspect we will see more banners like this, because 1000s of workers died to build grounds in deserts.. remember how we were searched at chelsea, night game we won, many qpr did not get in until 30 mins played as police and stewrads made us open our coats , on a cold night, in case we had hidden sheets with anti terry remarks ( like manure fans had a game before)??
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 10:03 - Oct 24 with 4255 viewsessextaxiboy

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:54 - Oct 24 by themodfather

the question asked could be, how did they get that in the ground? the comments are based on known fact, is it a crime to report on that? with the Qatar world cup approaching, i suspect we will see more banners like this, because 1000s of workers died to build grounds in deserts.. remember how we were searched at chelsea, night game we won, many qpr did not get in until 30 mins played as police and stewrads made us open our coats , on a cold night, in case we had hidden sheets with anti terry remarks ( like manure fans had a game before)??

The view of FIFA is that the World Cup going to Qatar is having the same effect as this banner.
Building workers have been killed or injured in Qatar for years . Where was the mainstream reporting of that ? The World Cup is shining a light on it .
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 10:17 - Oct 24 with 4197 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 09:54 - Oct 24 by themodfather

I don't think it's true that 1000s of workers have died specifically on world cup building sites. I think the official figure is more like 40 and most of those were apparently "non work" related deaths. I've no idea how accurate those figures are.

The thousands of deaths were the total deaths of migrant workers on all building sites in Qatar during the last 10 years or so. Still shocking of course.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but that was my take on the story.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 10:17]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 10:20 - Oct 24 with 4179 viewsNortholt_Rs

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 10:17 - Oct 24 by CliveWilsonSaid

I don't think it's true that 1000s of workers have died specifically on world cup building sites. I think the official figure is more like 40 and most of those were apparently "non work" related deaths. I've no idea how accurate those figures are.

The thousands of deaths were the total deaths of migrant workers on all building sites in Qatar during the last 10 years or so. Still shocking of course.

“the official figure”
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 10:20]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 10:23 - Oct 24 with 4164 viewsKonk

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 10:03 - Oct 24 by essextaxiboy

The view of FIFA is that the World Cup going to Qatar is having the same effect as this banner.
Building workers have been killed or injured in Qatar for years . Where was the mainstream reporting of that ? The World Cup is shining a light on it .

Can’t speak for other media, but the Guardian and C4 News had been reporting on the appalling treatment of migrant workers in the Gulf states for ages. Certainly well before Qatar bid for the WC.

Does make an absolute farce of things when you have the football authorities banning players for offensive tweets they sent years ago that have subsequently come to light, but powerless or unwilling to stop a murdering, oppressive regime from buying one of our clubs. As City’s owners allegedly said when taking on UEFA - they have deeper pockets and can afford better lawyers than UEFA, so they know they’ll always get their way in the end. Modern football is wa nk.

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 10:27 - Oct 24 with 4148 viewsted_hendrix

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 10:17 - Oct 24 by CliveWilsonSaid

The migrant workers were treated appallingly and have been for years, rather not use the words 'died whilst at work'
They were abused and treated savagely.
Human right's my arse.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 10:34 - Oct 24 with 4092 viewsessextaxiboy

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 10:23 - Oct 24 by Konk

Can’t speak for other media, but the Guardian and C4 News had been reporting on the appalling treatment of migrant workers in the Gulf states for ages. Certainly well before Qatar bid for the WC.

Does make an absolute farce of things when you have the football authorities banning players for offensive tweets they sent years ago that have subsequently come to light, but powerless or unwilling to stop a murdering, oppressive regime from buying one of our clubs. As City’s owners allegedly said when taking on UEFA - they have deeper pockets and can afford better lawyers than UEFA, so they know they’ll always get their way in the end. Modern football is wa nk.

Fair play to those media outlets then , but we are talking about it today on a football forum and that is because the World Cup is going there .
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 10:52 - Oct 24 with 4022 viewsEsox_Lucius

What is not fit for purpose is the body responsible for the overseeing of the fit and proper owners criteria.

The grass is always greener.

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 11:13 - Oct 24 with 3977 viewsJuzzie

What is racist about that banner?
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 11:34 - Oct 24 with 3914 viewsjoe90

Can’t stand the Palace ultras or the European ultra culture that they’ve appropriated. Has no place in English football and is bigger concern then a man from Saudi Arabia buying Newcastle - which was ironically managed/brokered by an Iranian. I doubt the Palace Ultras are out in force at the arms fairs.
Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 11:59 - Oct 24 with 3860 viewsKonk

Major crime scene @ Selhurst Park on 11:34 - Oct 24 by joe90

Can’t stand the Palace ultras or the European ultra culture that they’ve appropriated. Has no place in English football and is bigger concern then a man from Saudi Arabia buying Newcastle - which was ironically managed/brokered by an Iranian. I doubt the Palace Ultras are out in force at the arms fairs.

Surely football fans can hold up a banner at a football match condemning the Saudi state passing the football authorities ownership test, without dismissing their point because they’re not also picketing Arms fairs?

Not sure I’d agree that the Saudi state being allowed to buy an English club is a lesser concern than the influence of Continental Ultra culture. You surely have to think that spending decades financing the global spread of Wahhabism and treating many of its own citizens horrendously in terms of their human rights, is worse than a load of dopey twa ts wearing black hoodies, making silly banners, bouncing up and down, and waving pyros?!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024