Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 21:56 - Oct 29 with 9181 viewsBushman

Quite a good player

🙄

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Lyndon Dykes on 12:33 - Oct 30 with 2538 viewsdmm

Lyndon Dykes on 12:29 - Oct 30 by BklynRanger

That doesn't sound good - does he say what's wrong? (Or do they not do that on the insta?)

Dykes deserves a song I think - don't believe he has one and he'd relish the support.

Maybe something like 'Lyndon Dykes Dykes Dykes' to the tune of Feeling Hot Hot Hot.

Or anything good really, I'm not exactly Tim Rice.

I think he's got the 'Baby give it up' tune: Nana nana nana nana na na na, Lyndon Lyndon Dykes, Lyndon Dykes, Lyndon Lyndon Dykes.
Lyndon Dykes on 12:37 - Oct 30 with 2522 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Lyndon Dykes on 12:33 - Oct 30 by dmm

I think he's got the 'Baby give it up' tune: Nana nana nana nana na na na, Lyndon Lyndon Dykes, Lyndon Dykes, Lyndon Lyndon Dykes.

He does. I always find it a bit of a mouth full.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Lyndon Dykes on 12:43 - Oct 30 with 2488 viewsBklynRanger

Lyndon Dykes on 12:37 - Oct 30 by CliveWilsonSaid

He does. I always find it a bit of a mouth full.

Oh yeah, I suppose I have heard that - bit of a tongue twister after a few libations and might get a bit high depending on what key you start in.
Lyndon Dykes on 13:35 - Oct 30 with 2389 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 10:55 - Oct 30 by ParkRoyalR

Our fans gave Washington nearly 100 games and I was still talking to fans at the end who thought it was down to team formation, play him in a two blah blah, not his obvious lack of ability at this level.

Dykes + Bonne were wrote off by many of these same experts after 10 games.

Even now if Dykes scores, dominates his centre half, runs the line hard for 90, these experts still critique - whereas if Austin stumbles around for 60 minutes + gets a gift like his first from the Everton keeper, it's typical Austin, right place blah blah.

Just don't get our so-called fans who'd rather be proved right than see a player we own develop at this level.

Gazza is beside himself ready to unload his usual inaccurate opinion on Sam Field just so he can finally get something right. Embarrassing.

Well, if you cannot see or understand that Dykes had enough opportunities to win the game for us says a lot about your knowledge....'no idea' springs to mind.

As for Field......is it wrong for me to think - 'lets see' if he is going to make such a difference to our midfield before making all these claims about his ability'?? Not in my opinion it isn't but as I say you are a 'no idea' person!!! Don't forget he didn't really get a regular place for WBA and they probably felt he was not generally good enough otherwise he would still be there. Hopefully, MW saw something in his play that he could develop and make him into a better player.
Lyndon Dykes on 14:36 - Oct 30 with 2325 viewsPlanetHonneywood

His neck tattoo is ridiculous though…

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lyndon Dykes on 14:49 - Oct 30 with 2271 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Lyndon Dykes on 14:36 - Oct 30 by PlanetHonneywood

I thought it was just me but if that is a permanent tattoo it looks horrible IMO.Of course it might be just the starting outline with colors coming later but I hate it .
I know the age difference on here and the players is vast but can anybody please tell me what the attraction of a neck tattoo is .
When I watch City playing on tv the keeper Edison reminds me of a show on tv called Narcos where South American drug lords and their killer hitmen with ferocious neck tattoos its really scary and throws me off every time.
I know I am old but FFS keep the ink under cover .
Some player though hope he is not injured I would cry
Lyndon Dykes on 14:59 - Oct 30 with 2234 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 13:35 - Oct 30 by gazza1

Well, if you cannot see or understand that Dykes had enough opportunities to win the game for us says a lot about your knowledge....'no idea' springs to mind.

As for Field......is it wrong for me to think - 'lets see' if he is going to make such a difference to our midfield before making all these claims about his ability'?? Not in my opinion it isn't but as I say you are a 'no idea' person!!! Don't forget he didn't really get a regular place for WBA and they probably felt he was not generally good enough otherwise he would still be there. Hopefully, MW saw something in his play that he could develop and make him into a better player.

Gazza, by the law of some of obscure mathematical formula, even you will eventually get one call right.

I'm hoping it's one that benefits the team, maybe Dom Ball recreating his last-minute worldy versus Cardiff in the Play Off Final. That would be a coupon-busting double, Gazza's got one right and the R's are going up!
Lyndon Dykes on 15:00 - Oct 30 with 2231 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lyndon Dykes on 10:26 - Oct 30 by QPRSteve

West London Sport rated him a 6 and said this about him:

"Despite getting his head to Adomah’s cross to put Rangers ahead just before half-time, the centre-forward rarely held the ball up effectively and should have put the game to bed with two good chances in the second half."

Bit harsh I thought.

I think WLS got it spot on.

Yesterday his hold up play was poor and he missed 3 golden chances in the second half to make it 2-0. Two of those chances (when he was put through by Stefan) were guilt-edged and he should have scored.

He also missed a straightforward chance at Peterborough after the goalkeeper spilt a shot from Chair. He needs to improve his finishing so that he can be more clinical in these situations.

That being said, generally I have been impressed with his development. I'm more concerned about the out-of-sorts Austin and Gray. Charlie, in particular, needs to step up.
Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 15:08 - Oct 30 with 2214 viewsdaveB

Should be taken into account he played the last 10 minutes on one leg, he could hardly walk
Lyndon Dykes on 15:13 - Oct 30 with 2209 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lyndon Dykes on 14:36 - Oct 30 by PlanetHonneywood

Yes the neck tattoo is an abomination. He must be running out of real estate. Still, if he continues performing, who cares.
Lyndon Dykes on 15:29 - Oct 30 with 2164 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 15:00 - Oct 30 by Benny_the_Ball

I think WLS got it spot on.

Yesterday his hold up play was poor and he missed 3 golden chances in the second half to make it 2-0. Two of those chances (when he was put through by Stefan) were guilt-edged and he should have scored.

He also missed a straightforward chance at Peterborough after the goalkeeper spilt a shot from Chair. He needs to improve his finishing so that he can be more clinical in these situations.

That being said, generally I have been impressed with his development. I'm more concerned about the out-of-sorts Austin and Gray. Charlie, in particular, needs to step up.

Exactly......but don't tell that to 'no idea', he doesn't understand!!!!!!
Lyndon Dykes on 15:33 - Oct 30 with 2167 viewsMyke

Lyndon Dykes on 15:08 - Oct 30 by daveB

Should be taken into account he played the last 10 minutes on one leg, he could hardly walk

I think he got kicked on the back of the heel as he drew back his foot to shoot - if so, very, very painful
Lyndon Dykes on 15:39 - Oct 30 with 2153 viewsNorthernr

Well I don't think we'll be seeing him, Jordy or Sam on Wednesday. Could be a long week on the road for the faithful.
Lyndon Dykes on 15:46 - Oct 30 with 2135 viewsRangersw12

Lyndon Dykes on 15:39 - Oct 30 by Northernr

Well I don't think we'll be seeing him, Jordy or Sam on Wednesday. Could be a long week on the road for the faithful.

Surely he will have to change formation
Lyndon Dykes on 15:49 - Oct 30 with 2106 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 15:39 - Oct 30 by Northernr

Agreed, there are issues.....I thought the two replacements for Jordy and Sam did ok last night so we should be OK. If Dykes isn't fit, and there was no saying he would start if he was fit - rotation and all that!!, it is another opportunity for CA or Gray.
Lyndon Dykes on 15:50 - Oct 30 with 2103 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 15:46 - Oct 30 by Rangersw12

How??? Why???
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 15:50]
Lyndon Dykes on 19:56 - Oct 30 with 1941 viewsSuperhoops2808

Lyndon Dykes on 15:50 - Oct 30 by gazza1

How??? Why???
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 15:50]

Mate - You need to ask Santa for a new keyboard, your '?' appears to be broken
Lyndon Dykes on 20:30 - Oct 30 with 1881 viewsloftboy

Just seen a picture of Dykes on FB and he’s wearing a protective boot.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Lyndon Dykes on 21:34 - Oct 30 with 1764 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 19:56 - Oct 30 by Superhoops2808

I thought they were reasonable questions
Lyndon Dykes on 10:01 - Oct 31 with 1551 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lyndon Dykes on 19:56 - Oct 30 by Superhoops2808

Having several accounts means it wears out quicker.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:23 - Oct 31 with 1502 viewsfrancisbowles

Lyndon Dykes on 15:46 - Oct 30 by Rangersw12

I think he'll have to change or adapt something. Gray or Austin on their own don't seem on form enough to hold the ball up front, we may have to change back to playing two up front or get the attacking midfielders pushed further up to support and get in behind a lone striker. 4231 with Amos in the centre of the three is an option, which would be good for a high press, but defence is more difficult to reorganise as Dickie and Barbet are not as effective in a two, and who would be the better options at lb and rb?

From my limited knowledge of Cardiff, I believe they have 'monsters' in central defence so, playing any long balls or putting high crosses into the box may not be a great idea.

Injuries will stretch the squad to the limit, hopefully the extra day for us will help with fatigue and minor knocks.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:30 - Oct 31 with 1500 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 10:23 - Oct 31 by francisbowles

I think he'll have to change or adapt something. Gray or Austin on their own don't seem on form enough to hold the ball up front, we may have to change back to playing two up front or get the attacking midfielders pushed further up to support and get in behind a lone striker. 4231 with Amos in the centre of the three is an option, which would be good for a high press, but defence is more difficult to reorganise as Dickie and Barbet are not as effective in a two, and who would be the better options at lb and rb?

From my limited knowledge of Cardiff, I believe they have 'monsters' in central defence so, playing any long balls or putting high crosses into the box may not be a great idea.

Injuries will stretch the squad to the limit, hopefully the extra day for us will help with fatigue and minor knocks.

Maybe play Albert as a false 9, has the control, guile and know-how to play this role and will bring Chair, Willock and SJ into the attack with his give & go's?
Lyndon Dykes on 12:57 - Oct 31 with 1382 viewsDWQPR

Dykes despite his limitations, which are quickly reducing can never be criticised for effort. Even during that lean period last year where you could obviously see his confidence was shot he never hid and gave his all to the team. He has benefited hugely from Austin and what you see now is a one in three striker heading towards a one in two striker. To score goals he has to be in the right place and he is. Very harsh to say that he missed two good chances on Friday, both through balls, one was very well saved (that’s what keepers are for) and he second a magnificent last ditch tackle. His shot wide was on his weaker foot at a time where he was well and truly blowing through his àrse. I wouldn’t blame him for not scoring from any of those chances but appreciate that we have a player that gives his all and wants to get better and better. Despite Austin and Gray being in the squad he is our best player. And yet nobody mentions the miss by Austin which he skied from around the penalty spot which was probably the best chance of all in the second half. Dykes also has the physical strength and leap to bully defenders and for me he is easily the best striker we have had at the club since Austin V1.0.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Lyndon Dykes on 14:55 - Oct 31 with 1262 viewsPinnerPaul

Lyndon Dykes on 10:29 - Oct 30 by gazza1

Harsh but true.

"Two good chances" - fair enough, but no one can hold the ball up with their head!

Hardly any ball played to his feet (or chest) when he had his back to goal.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:20 - Oct 20 with 740 viewsBushman

Isn’t he ?

😂😂😂

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024