Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Queen Adelaide 12:56 - Nov 16 with 8564 viewsHayesender

Just walked passed and there's builders there doing it up. Reopening in about three weeks apparently

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Queen Adelaide on 12:57 - Nov 16 with 4526 viewsNorthernr

Great news.
Queen Adelaide on 13:03 - Nov 16 with 4497 viewsStanmiguel

Good news. Too many pubs have closed. I was in Brentford a few days ago and thought I'd look up a mate in the Beehive. Closed, someone said it's been gone a few months. Same with the Princess Louise one of the famous "pub on each corner of the ground"
Queen Adelaide on 13:04 - Nov 16 with 4491 viewsNorthernr

Queen Adelaide on 13:03 - Nov 16 by Stanmiguel

Good news. Too many pubs have closed. I was in Brentford a few days ago and thought I'd look up a mate in the Beehive. Closed, someone said it's been gone a few months. Same with the Princess Louise one of the famous "pub on each corner of the ground"

Have they knocked the ground down there yet? What's going on that site?
Queen Adelaide on 13:22 - Nov 16 with 4382 viewsthame_hoops

Had an afternoon in Fulham and Putney Saturday, Fishers fish and chips (superb) then the half moon pub, fantastic. walked around where my mum grew up.

Then an evening at coal drops yard, kings cross. bit pricey but also very good. Idris Elbas new wine bar Porte Noire was excellent. its built into one of the old gas towers.
Queen Adelaide on 13:24 - Nov 16 with 4365 viewsStanmiguel

Queen Adelaide on 13:04 - Nov 16 by Northernr

Have they knocked the ground down there yet? What's going on that site?

No demolition as yet Clive. Apparently it will be housing plus a small park. I know Brentford are not the flavour of the month on the board but it was always a great place for pubs, many gone now. It had one of the largest amount of pubs per capita in the country and was known as the Town Of Taverns. There was even a pub that opened at 5 in the morning that opened forthe dock trade.
Queen Adelaide on 13:52 - Nov 16 with 4279 viewsStanmiguel

Queen Adelaide on 13:22 - Nov 16 by thame_hoops

Had an afternoon in Fulham and Putney Saturday, Fishers fish and chips (superb) then the half moon pub, fantastic. walked around where my mum grew up.

Then an evening at coal drops yard, kings cross. bit pricey but also very good. Idris Elbas new wine bar Porte Noire was excellent. its built into one of the old gas towers.

Nice to have another pub thread. I too was in Putney - I wanted a few pintz of Wadworths at the Kings Arms, the only Wadworth pub in London and it was shut.. Thankfully it's open in the evenings.
Of the many pub closures which are posters especially unhappy about ? For me its the Mawson next to Fullers brewery. What a lovely pub, I've never forgiven Fullers although I'm currently drinking Pride at £1.76 a pint as irs Fullers 176th birthday.
Queen Adelaide on 13:56 - Nov 16 with 4254 viewsTheChef

Queen Adelaide on 13:03 - Nov 16 by Stanmiguel

Sad times - Beehive was a lovely pub.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Queen Adelaide on 14:13 - Nov 16 with 4195 viewsBklynRanger

Queen Adelaide on 13:22 - Nov 16 by thame_hoops

Thame could you just confirm for me either way whether Idris Elba was present there in any capacity?

My wife is very keen to find this out.
Login to get fewer ads

Queen Adelaide on 14:14 - Nov 16 with 4190 viewsNorthernr

Queen Adelaide on 13:52 - Nov 16 by Stanmiguel

Nice to have another pub thread. I too was in Putney - I wanted a few pintz of Wadworths at the Kings Arms, the only Wadworth pub in London and it was shut.. Thankfully it's open in the evenings.
Of the many pub closures which are posters especially unhappy about ? For me its the Mawson next to Fullers brewery. What a lovely pub, I've never forgiven Fullers although I'm currently drinking Pride at £1.76 a pint as irs Fullers 176th birthday.

I still think it's a crime that the Goldhawk and the Bush Ranger were allowed to go the way they did.
Queen Adelaide on 14:21 - Nov 16 with 4168 viewsBklynRanger

Is it 1.76 all day? I may need to get in on that.
Queen Adelaide on 14:27 - Nov 16 with 4138 viewsHayesender

I'm in the middle of an all dayer round London Bridge. In the Crosse keys atm but will be moving on soon. Any recommendations?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Queen Adelaide on 14:32 - Nov 16 with 4124 viewsNorthernr

Queen Adelaide on 14:27 - Nov 16 by Hayesender

I'm in the middle of an all dayer round London Bridge. In the Crosse keys atm but will be moving on soon. Any recommendations?

Probably the least Covid-safe pub in the world but we often go in The Sheaf which is built into the barrel vaults below the Hop Exchange on Southwark Street.
The Old King's Head down a back alley off Borough High Street is proper old school boozer.
And obviously there's The George which looks and feels like Henry the eighth might pop in for a pint - though I fear it may have had the standard horrendous Greene King makeover.
Queen Adelaide on 14:33 - Nov 16 with 4114 viewsqprxtc

Queen Adelaide on 14:27 - Nov 16 by Hayesender

I recommend you carry on drinking Dave.
Queen Adelaide on 14:33 - Nov 16 with 4120 viewsjohncharles

Can’t believe the Beehive has shut. Great old pub. Proper old pub. Used to see Stanley in there occasionally. Best pint of ESB around.
Haven’t been there much since I moved to Scotland !

Strong and stable my arse.

Queen Adelaide on 14:44 - Nov 16 with 4085 viewsqueensparker

Dunno how many of you used to drink there, but I’m still passed off about The Corrib Rest in Queens Park. Lovely old place, massive old barn of a pub, 2/3 big rooms, brilliant for local community events, full of the local Irish, and about five years ago the doors were shut and it’s sat there ever since derelict. No idea what’s going on but hopefully whatever the developers had planned has been shelved and it can come back one day.

Can’t believe the Goldsmiths has gone as well.
Queen Adelaide on 14:47 - Nov 16 with 4075 viewsjohncharles

Queen Adelaide on 13:24 - Nov 16 by Stanmiguel

No demolition as yet Clive. Apparently it will be housing plus a small park. I know Brentford are not the flavour of the month on the board but it was always a great place for pubs, many gone now. It had one of the largest amount of pubs per capita in the country and was known as the Town Of Taverns. There was even a pub that opened at 5 in the morning that opened forthe dock trade.

The Waggon and Horses by Kew Bridge used to open about 6am for the old Brentford Market. Went there a couple times at about 6.30am just for the hell of it. Destroyed the rest of the day though.

Strong and stable my arse.

Queen Adelaide on 14:47 - Nov 16 with 4074 viewsStanmiguel

Queen Adelaide on 14:21 - Nov 16 by BklynRanger

Is it 1.76 all day? I may need to get in on that.

Only for members of the Fullers Fine Ale club, but Fullers have a few of these things like reduced prices on your birthday. Today its just for 3 pints but also there's the loyalty card - free pint after buying 8 (not in the same session).
Queen Adelaide on 14:58 - Nov 16 with 4047 viewsrobith

Queen Adelaide on 14:32 - Nov 16 by Northernr

Probably the least Covid-safe pub in the world but we often go in The Sheaf which is built into the barrel vaults below the Hop Exchange on Southwark Street.
The Old King's Head down a back alley off Borough High Street is proper old school boozer.
And obviously there's The George which looks and feels like Henry the eighth might pop in for a pint - though I fear it may have had the standard horrendous Greene King makeover.

Team in my darts league play in the Sheaf. Great place to spend all night missing double 1
Queen Adelaide on 15:07 - Nov 16 with 4006 viewsNorthernr

Queen Adelaide on 14:58 - Nov 16 by robith

Team in my darts league play in the Sheaf. Great place to spend all night missing double 1

Yeh we always use it pre-Millwal or Charlton.
Queen Adelaide on 15:07 - Nov 16 with 4004 viewsthame_hoops

Queen Adelaide on 14:13 - Nov 16 by BklynRanger

Thame could you just confirm for me either way whether Idris Elba was present there in any capacity?

My wife is very keen to find this out.

Haha he owns a winery and his business partner runs this bar, apparently he was there last Thursday, I wonder if staff get fed up of people asking after him. The Chablis was lovely and they have really good wines on tap
Queen Adelaide on 15:58 - Nov 16 with 3859 viewsMick_S

The Plough in Northolt (downstairs bit called Fraggle Rock as it was so ugly in there) The boss has to go out so asks a regular to run the bar.

Regular makes announcement that all beer is 1914 prices and charges 2p a pint.

Good man.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Queen Adelaide on 16:19 - Nov 16 with 3812 viewsTheChef

Queen Adelaide on 14:14 - Nov 16 by Northernr

I still think it's a crime that the Goldhawk and the Bush Ranger were allowed to go the way they did.

Bush Rangers days were numbered when it had the refurb and it ended up looking like a doctor's surgery.

The Goldhawk is another story - although towards the end they had no feel for the football fan customers, Saturday lunchtime/afternoons when home games were on they still would have maybe two people behind the bar who seemed bemused why they had so many customers. Its peak was probably about 20 years ago now (!), fond memories of after the Oldham play off semi final and the lock in that followed; an ex-ASB manager was landlord at the time, which helped!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Queen Adelaide on 16:45 - Nov 16 with 3726 viewscolinallcars

Queen Adelaide on 15:58 - Nov 16 by Mick_S

The Plough in Northolt (downstairs bit called Fraggle Rock as it was so ugly in there) The boss has to go out so asks a regular to run the bar.

Regular makes announcement that all beer is 1914 prices and charges 2p a pint.

Good man.

2p a pint ? Pah, I remember when you could get 3 pints of mead and a bowl of gruel for that.
Queen Adelaide on 17:10 - Nov 16 with 3669 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Queen Adelaide on 14:32 - Nov 16 by Northernr

Sure I’ve mentioned it before on here but a good proper old boozer not far off is the Lord Clyde. A bit tucked away with a real mix of clientele, locals and city types. Not been there for a while but it always feels like you’re stepping back in time going inside. Old carpet, leather seating and more curtains than windows!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Queen Adelaide on 17:11 - Nov 16 with 3668 viewsdmm

Talking of pubs in Putney, after the latest shellacking at the Cottage I was introduced to The Bricklayers Arms in Waterman Street, just up from the river. A lovely little out-of-the-way pub with a brilliant selection of ales. Numerous pints of Putney Porter helped assuage the afternoon's agonies.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024