Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby 08:00 - Nov 30 with 5305 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Given their predicament - admittedly self inflicted - I thought they made a bloody good fist of it last night.

A team in their situation could easily phone it in from now until August; Lord knows we’ve had many a player/team that did that over the years! But they appear to turn up for every game with a lot of players who I wouldn’t be surprised to learn their mums have packed them off to school with letters asking if their boy could be let off games today.

The numbers they get back to defend; they ran their socks off and all put a shift in. To be fair, they didn’t look like they’re giving up and I thought their performance said a lot about them.

Not my favourite person, but given all the variables I’d happily conceded that Rooney isn’t doing a bad job considering. Thought his post-match comments were refreshing and a cut above that plum from Luton.

Won’t cry if they go down, but fair dues to him and them!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Derby on 13:00 - Nov 30 with 1600 viewsJuzzie

Derby on 12:51 - Nov 30 by toboboly

Ta da

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59330749

He was there last night I think.

Q: How do you become a millionaire?

A: Start off as a billionaire and then buy a football club
Derby on 13:06 - Nov 30 with 1552 viewskensalriser

Derby on 12:39 - Nov 30 by HantsR

I looked on the Derby Forum Match thread and saw that many of the posters there conceded that we are a very good side and deserved our win. Gray's goal could only be praised of course. Fair play to them. However, I was disappointed with Tim Shaw's match report in the Times today, which seemed to dwell mostly on Derby and the positive aspects of their game last night. e.g ' Derby had little trouble containing ...(our) patient passing game' , 'Derby had looked comfortable but were stunned by a breakaway equaliser' - 'Rangers stole the three points'
You get very few Championship reports in The Times but I would have thought that any report should acknowledge that there were three outstanding goals in the game and we certainly had much the better of the second half and looked good value for our win.

Laughable. We were the better side for the vast majority of the game and the win was thoroughly deserved.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Derby on 13:12 - Nov 30 with 1527 viewsnix

Derby on 13:06 - Nov 30 by kensalriser

Laughable. We were the better side for the vast majority of the game and the win was thoroughly deserved.

Ridiculous. Even their manager and most of their fans thought we deserved to win.
Derby on 13:24 - Nov 30 with 1483 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Derby on 12:51 - Nov 30 by toboboly

Ta da

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59330749

He sounds perfect.

Plus he is wise enough to know that he has to "plan for the future".

Because planning for the past is pointless.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Derby on 13:29 - Nov 30 with 1456 viewsterryb

Derby on 13:24 - Nov 30 by BrianMcCarthy

He sounds perfect.

It was said last night that he wants to know exactly how much it would cost to buy them out of administration.

I got the impression, perhaps wrongly, that this could be a stumbling block.
Derby on 13:40 - Nov 30 with 1417 viewsStainrod

Their fans very complimentary about us on their forum.

I also thought they battled well with some good youngsters.

Would take Lawrence in Jan but wages prob way too much for us.
Derby on 13:52 - Nov 30 with 1374 viewsPeterHucker

Derby on 13:40 - Nov 30 by Stainrod

Their fans very complimentary about us on their forum.

I also thought they battled well with some good youngsters.

Would take Lawrence in Jan but wages prob way too much for us.

We should go nowhere near Lawrence in January or at any other time.
Apart from the fact that we could get far better players on much lower wages and that he is Nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, his behaviour in the aftermath of that drink drive incident was shameful.
Derby on 14:03 - Nov 30 with 1332 viewsDWQPR

Derby on 13:24 - Nov 30 by BrianMcCarthy

He sounds perfect.

Which is pretty much where Derby are at the moment!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Derby on 14:17 - Nov 30 with 1281 viewstoboboly

Derby on 13:52 - Nov 30 by PeterHucker

Apart from the fact that we could get far better players on much lower wages and that he is Nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, his behaviour in the aftermath of that drink drive incident was shameful.

Anyone that earns a reported £27k a week and can't get a decent hairdresser is a clear wrong-un. The fringe should be arrested.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Derby on 14:26 - Nov 30 with 1251 viewsWatford_Ranger

Derby on 13:52 - Nov 30 by PeterHucker

I don’t want him as he’s not all that and will probably command a silly wage at a West Brom or Stoke but he seems to have bucked up his ideas in recent times since that incident under Rooney. Might end up being the making of him.
Derby on 14:58 - Nov 30 with 1207 viewsPhildo

Derby on 13:29 - Nov 30 by terryb

It was said last night that he wants to know exactly how much it would cost to buy them out of administration.

Murky AF trying to work that out.

Also threatened litigation from Wycombe and Borough make that very tricky.

The ABC like loan people coughed up another 1.5m to keep them afloat during admin so they will have a big say.
Derby on 19:35 - Nov 30 with 1063 viewsderbyhoop

Derby played really well, until it came to goal threat. The only player offering that was Lawrence. He seems to have relished being made captain and, one would hope that he has atoned for the drunk driving incident.
Where they have progressed is the development of the youngsters. Byrne, Bird, Knight and Thompson all looked impressive and the vultures are bound to be circling. I hope that includes us.
Given that they were still losing money, AFTER going into Administration, they are probably going to have to sell one of the youngsters OR lose a high earner, like Lawrence.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Derby on 19:42 - Nov 30 with 1041 viewsSimplyNico

Derby on 19:35 - Nov 30 by derbyhoop

Derby played really well, until it came to goal threat. The only player offering that was Lawrence. He seems to have relished being made captain and, one would hope that he has atoned for the drunk driving incident.
Where they have progressed is the development of the youngsters. Byrne, Bird, Knight and Thompson all looked impressive and the vultures are bound to be circling. I hope that includes us.
Given that they were still losing money, AFTER going into Administration, they are probably going to have to sell one of the youngsters OR lose a high earner, like Lawrence.

AND rather than OR.
Derby on 20:18 - Nov 30 with 986 viewsderbyhoop

Derby on 19:42 - Nov 30 by SimplyNico

AND rather than OR.

Touché

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Derby on 23:51 - Nov 30 with 890 viewsloftboy

Derby on 10:05 - Nov 30 by LythamR

They are a much better organised team now, i suspect at least some of the credit should be allocated to McClaren

What i took from the post match interview was a failure to even acknowledge QPR's performance and goals.

He left a few months back

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Derby on 02:10 - Dec 1 with 825 viewsbob566

Lawrence was class. Terrified every time he got the ball. Rooney has gone up big time in my appreciation. Humble in defeat and if he's been paying wages out of his own pocket. Fair play. Really took to him post match
Derby on 02:34 - Dec 1 with 803 viewsDavieQPR

Derby on 13:29 - Nov 30 by terryb

The problem is nobody knows how valid the Middleborough (£40m) and Wycombe (£10m) claims are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024