Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread 07:16 - Dec 5 with 25057 viewsnix

Yeah, cos it's tradition, I'm continuing the matchday thread, but with no small measure of trepidation, despite my natural happy clappiness.

I'd feel a bit more confident without our increasing injury list. We're a plastic icebag on Charlie's knee from having to potentially recall a 19 year old from Torquay to join the match day squad as reserve striker. We're going through wingbacks at a careless rate.

And yet this squad (who are so lovely and are so brilliantly the right sort their wives are getting together to raise money for sick children plus our Tiger Cubs, (please donate here and support them if you can https://trustdraw.qpr.co.uk/))just deserve a bit more luck and to continue where they started the weekend fixtures in third. I'm going for a 2-1 win to the Rs, with Willock 🔥 and Chair sharing the spoils.
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:01 - Dec 5 with 1846 viewsRangersDave

Linky anyone, this could be a goal fest. lol ?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:04 - Dec 5 with 1777 viewsqprd

Going to be hard to break Stoke down… decent defending in the box
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:05 - Dec 5 with 1757 viewsTGRRRSSS

How have we only got 6 subs, surely someone from youth even could be there for the experience?

Bit poor imo.

We're playing ok, but not snappy enough in the pass at times.

Great finish from Stoke, but.......
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:06 - Dec 5 with 1683 viewsCamberleyR

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 14:49 - Dec 5 by Toast_R

Dozell too cocky, tried to play a blind back heel and gave possession away as cheap as you can get, Stoke thread one ball through the centre 1-0. Stupid stupid.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 14:50]

Bit harsh IMO. To be fair to Dozzell it was halfway in the Stoke half so there was still a fair bit to do before it ended up in the net.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:08 - Dec 5 with 1612 viewsTGRRRSSS

Let off and a half there.

Defence all at sea.
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:09 - Dec 5 with 1583 viewsqprd

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:05 - Dec 5 by TGRRRSSS

How have we only got 6 subs, surely someone from youth even could be there for the experience?

Bit poor imo.

We're playing ok, but not snappy enough in the pass at times.

Great finish from Stoke, but.......

Agreed. This is nit picky I agree but I think it’s unprofessional and embarrassing

Throw some random kid there to get some experience of being around the first team …you never know who you might need in a specific match…
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:10 - Dec 5 with 1539 viewsqprd

Stoke isn’t getting into the final third much but when they do, they look rly dangerous

Stoke is playing well. Set up astutely
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:11 - Dec 5 with 1530 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Lot of pressure from Stoke at the moment.
Login to get fewer ads

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:11 - Dec 5 with 1498 viewsjoolsyp

Stoke all over us at the moment. Need to get to half-time and re-group.
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:11 - Dec 5 with 1494 viewsQPRSteve

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:10 - Dec 5 by qprd

Stoke isn’t getting into the final third much but when they do, they look rly dangerous

Stoke is playing well. Set up astutely

They are now, we are under the cosh a bit
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:12 - Dec 5 with 1486 viewsToast_R

Looking more like a 2-0 than 1-1
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:12 - Dec 5 with 1478 viewsBoston

No fluidity.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:12 - Dec 5 with 1454 viewsTGRRRSSS

IN an off itself I agree it is nit picking - after all you can only send on 3.

That isn't the point though at this level, at some point people have to be exposed to the top level and see how they go, doesn't mean you pick them every week - unless you discover the next Messi or someone is on your hands - unlikely at QPR - but still they should be able to fulfil a complement somehow of the match day allowance.
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:14 - Dec 5 with 1383 viewsqprd

kakay is a useful, albeit limited, squad player given his verstality but to me, its increasingly apparent hes better as a right sided centre back in a 3 rather htan a RWB
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:15 - Dec 5 with 1380 viewsToast_R

Needs a re-shuffle here. The wing back situation isn't working.
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:15 - Dec 5 with 1355 viewsBoston

Better

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:17 - Dec 5 with 1290 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Like Field a whole lot as a midfielder but we do miss Wallace on the left.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 15:17]
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:18 - Dec 5 with 1259 viewsqprd

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:15 - Dec 5 by Toast_R

agree

wallace/mccallum and adomah are all wingbacks

why persist with the system when you have kakay (who is not that great as a rwb) and field (who is playing out of position)
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:18 - Dec 5 with 1255 viewsQPRSteve

Stoke taking the pïss now
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:18 - Dec 5 with 1255 viewsTGRRRSSS

HT - 1-0 Stoke.
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:18 - Dec 5 with 1241 viewsToast_R

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:17 - Dec 5 by EmpireStateRanger

Like Field a whole lot as a midfielder but we do miss Wallace on the left.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 15:17]

Really missing Albert IMO. He's such a handful for any defence.
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:19 - Dec 5 with 1195 viewsdistortR

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:15 - Dec 5 by Toast_R

no, I can't see the point of playing the wingback system when you haven't got wingbacks.
Stoke playing us well, and the ref helping them.
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:19 - Dec 5 with 1194 viewsQPRSteve

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:18 - Dec 5 by TGRRRSSS

HT - 1-0 Stoke.

You are a good minute ahead of my stream
Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:19 - Dec 5 with 1188 viewsBoston

Very Northern Ireland looking that Stoke kit.

Rag, tag and bobtail, the Stoke City Matchday Thread on 15:23 - Dec 5 with 1062 viewsaston_hoop

The 6 subs thing, isnt it because players are in different groups or something like that? Same as in the Oxford cup game, we cant just move players in and out on a whim. Presumably we came into this sure that one of Dykes, Albert, Moses would be fit.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024